2021 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

On 8/29/2021 at 7:47 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Well inland, thank goodness. I'm about 2 hours south of Memphis, TN. Two counties below us there is a tropical storm warning. They are saying gusts possible up to 35 mph. Depending on the forecast 2-4" of rain or 4-8". Hoping for the lesser amount of rain because of the crops here.

How did you fare with the storm? I pray you’re all safe! 

1 hour ago, PBLKNP said:

How did you fare with the storm? I pray you’re all safe! 

Only three inches of rain, thank goodness. Still a little windy today but the sun is peeking out occasionally. No damage and no power outages. All good.

• Like 2

I’ve started another afghan that’s using Bernat Softee Chunky, so it’s zipping along (it’s a knit kit, so it’s a tad dull 🤣 - just garter and stockette). I’m planning to give it to my son-in-law for Christmas, as it’s nice neutral colors. So:

WTD +6

No totals yet :think ? Good. I finished the teddy bear, made more hats (8) and pocket prayer shawls (20). I mailed them all to my mom yesterday. I used 3 balls and rolled a skein down :cheer (+ 4). I've got lots of tomatoes, mini egg plants and cucumbers. My rose bush grew a lot and still blooming. I'm 5'3" and it's taller than me now, 5'10" (?). 

WTD: + 4   YTD: + 84

Ellie 13

I can't believe how long I've been MIA. It's been a hard year for us and I haven't touched my yarn much. Both hubby and I have had hospital stays and I've been facing some realities of what not taking care of myself can mean. I'm fine and in a much better place healthwise than I've been in a long time, but part of taking care of me means more rest and not as many late nights. Hopefully I'll get some time in soon and make a dent in this stash!

I'll wait until probably middle of the afternoon to post the scores. Maybe there will be more on the list then. Getting ready for DS and family to bring lunch over and visit. This is DH's birthday so I appreciate the gesture.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I'll wait until probably middle of the afternoon to post the scores. Maybe there will be more on the list then. Getting ready for DS and family to bring lunch over and visit. This is DH's birthday so I appreciate the gesture.

I’m sending best wishes and prayers to you on this day. I hope DS and you have a good visit! ❤️

4 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

I’m sending best wishes and prayers to you on this day. I hope DS and you have a good visit! ❤️

Thanks, we did have a good visit. Of course, with 4 grands it's always kind of like being in a noisy whirlwind. LOL

• Like 1

11 hours ago, owlvamp said:

I'm so sorry I haven't  been posting. I have totally  lost count but still plugging  along.

Glad to have you pop in whenever you can. No big structure here so you can start counting again where you are now, or just keep plugging along without counting. I always enjoy hearing what others are working on.

I ran across a scarf pattern that I used several years ago that takes one skein of LB Mandala ombre. So I ended up buying 6 skeins of yarn for it today, all different colors......-12.

Haven't used up anything.

WTD -12

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

Hi everyone!!! It's been 3 weeks since I've been on! In that time, I made the first 3 parts of the Celestia CAL and decided to just put those pieces together into a baby blanket, which I then gifted without taking a picture of. I also made a small Adipose stuffy (Doctor Who) for a friend and mailed THAT off without a picture.  A friend of mine (who is pregnant) told me her sister (that I also know) was pregnant but miscarried right after they found out she was carrying a little girl and picked her name....so I made a baby blanket for a memorial/keepsake.....and I'm currently working on a double strand pocket shawl for my oldest bonus daughter. So...I have been hooking but I don't have any pictures to share lol.

All told, I used up 11 skeins and 3 balls.

WTD +25

YTD +290

• Like 1

I managed to work through another skein!  Yesterday I was feeling sad about not being able to get out to be with people (things have gotten more restricted with the delta variant lately). I decided to check to see if our local yarn shop was still doing the outdoor open knitting/crocheting, and they were! I had a wonderful time catching up with people. 

WTD = +2

YYD = -6

:manyheart

• Like 1