2021 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

My Joann order came today--5 skeins of o'go.....-10. They are smaller than I expected, but the solid is 7 oz and the stripes are 5 oz, so I should have known they wouldn't be very big. LOL I got it for the quarter square triangles blanket which has a pinwheel look. I got the primary stripes and red for the solid instead of white. 

https://www.yarnspirations.com/red-heart-jamies-round-we-go-crochet-blanket/RHC0202-026889M.html

I just looked at my calendar where I keep up with my scores. Holy cow, I haven't used up any yarn in the last 12 weeks!! I've got to get off my duff and get at least a couple of things done for Christmas. I'm going to a knitting retreat the first weekend in December, so at least I'll have to do something then. Procrastination is an ugly critter.

This is the last week of the month so please post WTD and YTD scores on Saturday. It's hard to believe the year is so close to being over.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so thankful for my family and friends, our good health and all the good fortune in our lives.

• Like 1

I didn't get to post last week, so I'll add it to this week. I fell on the way home from work the Mon. the 15th. I was face down on the sidewalk and had trouble rolling over. a woman came and called 911. EMTs  got me up, except for a swollen nose, split lip and assorted scrapes/bruises, I was OK. I got a ride the rest of the way home in a police car. Tues. I felt really bad so I stayed home. I made 4 turkeys and wings for the other 2 when I ran out of brown :yarn . It was 2 balls and a 1/2 skein (+ 3) :yay . I went to my friends and she gave me a pounder (- 2). I finished the turkeys I needed, then I made 3 more, jut in case, 13 total (a flock :lol). I'm at my parents with my sister and brother in law for for Thanks Giving. We'll ZOOM with our other siblings/nieces/grand nieces after lunch. On the bus/subway ride I started Christmas stockings so I can be ready.

WTD: + 1   YTD:  + 104

Ellie 13

:ttalk  HAPPY THANKS GIVING ! ! :ttalk

7 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

I didn't get to post last week, so I'll add it to this week. I fell on the way home from work the Mon. the 15th. I was face down on the sidewalk and had trouble rolling over. a woman came and called 911. EMTs  got me up, except for a swollen nose, split lip and assorted scrapes/bruises, I was OK. I got a ride the rest of the way home in a police car. Tues. I felt really bad so I stayed home. I made 4 turkeys and wings for the other 2 when I ran out of brown :yarn . It was 2 balls and a 1/2 skein (+ 3) :yay . I went to my friends and she gave me a pounder (- 2). I finished the turkeys I needed, then I made 3 more, jut in case, 13 total (a flock :lol). I'm at my parents with my sister and brother in law for for Thanks Giving. We'll ZOOM with our other siblings/nieces/grand nieces after lunch. On the bus/subway ride I started Christmas stockings so I can be ready.

WTD: + 1   YTD:  + 104

Ellie 13

:ttalk  HAPPY THANKS GIVING ! ! :ttalk

Oh, no! I'm glad it wasn't any worse and nothing broken. I've gotten to the age that any fall just makes everything hurt the next day. Have fun with your family. It's great that you can zoom with the extended family, too.

I may need an intervention. LOL  I already had two yarn orders coming, 2 skeins and 3 skeins for a scarf/wrap. Now I've ordered 6 more for two pocket shawls. I really need to stop looking at patterns.

https://www.yarnspirations.com/caron-crochet-color-block-pocket-shawl/CAC0126-030925M.html

https://www.yarnspirations.com/red-heart-cabled-edge-crochet-wrap/RHC0126-028748M.html

All that will put me at -49. I'm going to a "knitting" retreat next weekend, but I don't think I'll be using up that much yarn. LOL

13 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

I gained one skein.  I’m going to make the Annie’s Attic Gnome for a cute Christmas present:

https://anniescatalog.com/detail.html?prod_id=161553

So, my totals for the week are:  

WTD = -2, YTD = -42

:manyheart

That's a cute gnome. I've never seen one that you change the hats on. Holy cow, I couldn't believe how much the yarn kit for it costs! I bought a kit for three--different colors--small gnomes last year but I haven't made them yet. 

26 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

That's a cute gnome. I've never seen one that you change the hats on. Holy cow, I couldn't believe how much the yarn kit for it costs! I bought a kit for three--different colors--small gnomes last year but I haven't made them yet. 

Yes, I didn’t buy the kit. I bought the pattern and then got the yarn for the body at my local yarn shop (I already had the small amounts of color needed). Much cheaper! 🤣

Annie's order came in--3 skeins of tweed.....-6.

Two more skeins of tweed--got free shipping from Mary Maxim...-4

I can't believe the Michael's order came today. I placed the order late afternoon on Friday.  6 skeins for two shawls....-12

So that makes -22 for the week so far.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

Hello my friends!!! I'm sorry I've disappeared lately. It's just been insane here these past few weeks....adjusting to Hubs being away, helping the littles adjust, a few colds in the household, a trip to celebrate my youngest grandlovie's first birthday, and having so many WIPs that I'm working on stuff whenever I can but not finishing any skeins!

I will be doing better with reporting my scores for the remainder of the year though!!!

I did make a shawl start-to-finish which I'll be counting on this week's score. I'm on the 4th Golden Girl for my Grandma so I'll figure out what iveused up on that project once I've finished them all. Also working on a Myriad blanket for my 17 yr old's friend by request and there's a cardigan for me that I've started....and several more Jen Tyler squares to make to add to what I've already done and make a sampler blanket from them all....oh and I'm testing new patterns for the Wrapped in Jaime CAL which I'm super excited about!!!!

• Like 1

I finished 2 Christmas stockings and 12 wreath pins. I rolled down 2 skeins (+2) :yay . I have to go to Michael's for more plastic rings and some styrofoam balls and 1/2 balls so I can make a floating turtle. There's a Target at the mall so I can get gift cards too. I'll try not to get any :yarn . 

WTD:  + 2   YTD:  + 106

Ellie 13

I've started on the adorable crocheted gnome for a Christmas present.  However, no skeins used up, so:

WTD = 0

It appears we have a mysterious package that was delivered today from Mary Maxim, but that's one of my Christmas presents that I'm not supposed to know about, so I can't count that one until I open it Christmas morning! :devil

I should be home by early afternoon tomorrow and get the scores posted. I've been at a knitting retreat since Thursday afternoon. I've made two hats and a doll dress but no skeins finished off. One lady brought a huge amount of yarn she had been given and I ended up taking 8 skeins.....-16, so that makes the week's total......

WTD -38