2021 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

This has been a week of working on Jen Tyler's patterns for me! I finished Moonflower, then made Durban Spice Girls, Pondoland, and Equinox start-to-finish, and I've just begun Arcadia but I don't have a picture to share yet lol. All told, I used up 7 skeins between these patterns.

WTD +14

YTD +253

20210814_191602.jpg

20210812_165515.jpg

20210811_115418.jpg

20210809_182818.jpg

• Like 1

I’m almost done with the baby hoodie, and have started on another afghan. It’s from a knit afghan kit I got last Christmas. Seeing as it’s knit, it’s probably going to take me until the Christmas from now to complete!

However, no skeins used up this week, so:

WTD = 0

I still haven't used up any :yarn yet, but I finished another baby hat. Today I defrosted my freezer and set out some thing to thaw for the next couple of days. I mixed 2 pounds of meat for Swedish meat balls, I made 24 meat balls then decided to make the rest into a 1/2 size meat loaf. I'm going to start on some more squares for another afghan tonight. Maybe I can get some points by Sat. 

Ellie 13

• Like 1

We are due to be hit by Hurricane Henri tomorrow, so any prayers would be most appreciated.  We are about an hour and a half from the coast of CT, but we may get hit with flooding rain and high winds.  We think we’re pretty much set for a possible power outage…I do have enough yarn! 

I didn’t use up a skein this week, so:

WTD = 0

:sheepjump

11 minutes ago, PBLKNP said:

We are due to be hit by Hurricane Henri tomorrow, so any prayers would be most appreciated.  We are about an hour and a half from the coast of CT, but we may get hit with flooding rain and high winds.  We think we’re pretty much set for a possible power outage…I do have enough yarn! 

I didn’t use up a skein this week, so:

WTD = 0

:sheepjump

Definitely prayers for your safety and no property damage! 

Hi everyone! Worked on more Jen Tyler designs this week....completed Arcadia,  True North,  My African Valentini, and Arbour Day. Also completed part 5 of the Charlotte's Universe.  I used a total of 5 skeins between these pieces.

WTD +10

YTD +263

I have several skeins that are sooooo close to finishing, plus my two youngest start school on Monday (eeekkkk!!!) so I'm hoping for some really good yarn numbers next week lol

20210819_223116.jpg

20210819_205812.jpg

20210818_143416.jpg

20210816_152830.jpg

20210815_144557.jpg

Scores for the week ending 8/21/21:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +10

Silver Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +4

Bronze Medal Winner: pineknott +1

Holding steady:

PBLKNP

Ellie 13

No Shoot the Moon Winner this week!

8 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Jessie, I always enjoy seeing your squares/motifs!

Pam, hope you're not getting too much rain and wind.

So far, knock on wood, we have rain and wind, but no power a outage or downed trees. A few limbs down, but nothing serious. It looks like the shore is getting the brunt of it. My sister in Fall River, MA says they just have rain and wind, too. 

• Like 1

I haven't posted since the15th. I'm working on a teddy bear, finished a skein (+1) :cheer and will roll one down soon. Now that some kids are going back to school, I'm getting more hours at work, so less time for :crocheting . The weather has been :hot one day then :2rain the next. They keep predicting hurricanes, but so far we've only had :storm. My garden likes it, so I'm getting lots of tomatoes.

WTD:  + 1  YTD:  + 80

Ellie 13

Hi all! I'm sooooo close to finishing several skeins but the pieces I'm making are getting smaller & smaller so I'm still not finishing lol. I made 3 Jen Taylor patterns (DeRust, Peace at Heart, and Moonlight Owl) and finished 1 skein. I've also done part 6 of the Charlotte's Universe CAL but haven't finished any skeins there yet.

WTD +2

YTD +265

20210824_193305.jpg

20210826_212244.jpg

20210826_212304.jpg

20210824_222309.jpg

• Like 1

Pam, hope you're all recovered from your storm.

We had a heat index over 100 yesterday, but had to be out in it doing storm prep. So it was a long hot, tiring day. Hoping for just some moderate wind and not too much rain. The farmers are frantically harvesting this weekend.

WTD 0    YTD +35

I'll post the scores after lunch.

39 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

We had a heat index over 100 yesterday, but had to be out in it doing storm prep. So it was a long hot, tiring day. Hoping for just some moderate wind and not too much rain. The farmers are frantically harvesting this weekend.

WTD 0    YTD +35

Yes, we really lucked out! We had one tree come down in the wind and rain, but it was dead anyway and fell right along the back of the yard, so no threat to anything. It made quite a thunderous noise, though! We had neighbors inquiring if we were okay. 🤣

43 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

WTD 0    YTD +35

I pray that everything goes okay for you with the storm!  It sounds like Ida is really going to pack a wallop. 

I do, too! We were terrified up here with Henri, and that wasn’t even a category 1 in the end. May you all stay safe! 

Mona, are you on the coast or further up? 

2 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

I do, too! We were terrified up here with Henri, and that wasn’t even a category 1 in the end. May you all stay safe! 

Mona, are you on the coast or further up? 

Well inland, thank goodness. I'm about 2 hours south of Memphis, TN. Two counties below us there is a tropical storm warning. They are saying gusts possible up to 35 mph. Depending on the forecast 2-4" of rain or 4-8". Hoping for the lesser amount of rain because of the crops here.