2021 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I checked my stash and found I only had 1 shade of green. I went to Michael's Sun. I couldn't find the rings, but I got 1 skein green :yarn (- 2) and the stuff for the turtles. I made a turtle, 2 penguins, some more wreath pins and another stocking. I rolled down 1 skein and used a ball (+ 2) :cheer . I need 3 more penguins and as many pins as I can make. Are we going to play again next year :think ?

WTD: 0   YTD:  +106

Ellie 13

6 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

Are we going to play again next year :think ?

WTD: 0   YTD:  +106

Ellie 13

Yes, that is my plan unless everyone says they aren't interested. Even if it's just a few of us or some need to be off again, on again, I'm game.

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I just finished these Golden Girls and I knew if I didn't post right this moment,  I'd forget lol. These 4 ladies took 1 skein and 15 balls of cotton yarn and they're all done except for the pearl earrings I need to glue on lol. As mentioned last week,  I made a shawl as a commission for a Christmas gift and that took 3 skeins and 3 balls that I haven't actually counted here yet.

WTD +26

YTD +318

I don't have a picture of the shawl, bit here's the Girls lol

20211211_194822.jpg

I confess there was a yarn toot…I went to our local yarn store to work on the crocheted gnome, but discovered beforehand that I was missing three colors for the Thanksgiving hat. I managed to find them at the store. I also had a wonderful time catching up! So:  

WTD:  -6

YTD:  -48

😈😎🧶🎉

Golden Girls are cute. My mom would love that. I finished the penguins and a dozen more wreaths. I finished off a 4.5 oz. skein and 3 balls (+5) :cheer . I can start this week with a good score. I don't know how much :crocheting I'll get in with the holiday rush already starting at the market. But working extra hours means more $$. 

WTD: + 5   YTD: + 111

Ellie 13

• Like 1

dang, missed it this week,I'll be back the next two wks.,can't believe its taken me this long to get back into crocheting, just last week I finished up a scarf that was started before the surgery in Aug .of 2020, started another one of just scrap balls,its about 27 inches so far

As I'm using small amounts of each yarn for my gnome, I haven't used up a skein.  It's painfully slow progress!  It's one of those patterns where you really need to keep counting, to make sure you have the correct number of stitches.  I've gotten the body done and one of the hats, but I still have to do the other two hats, the nose, and the little beard.  I'm praying I'm done in time for Christmas!  

:shrug

WTD = 0

I'm definitely joining again next year!!

I'm working on a baby blanket because I suddenly realized this baby shower that I've been saying "I've got time yet" is the first week of December lol should have yarn to count on that in the next few days, but nothing yet.

I'm on the home stretch for company tonight and tomorrow. No crocheting time this week.

I'll wait until later in the day Sunday to post the scores. This is the last full week of the year, so the last scores of the year. 

WTD 0     YTD -69

I’m probably going to shoot the moon this time! My spouse went completely overboard with the yarn kits from Herrschners and Mary Maxim! I still have to count all the skeins! 

2D9762DC-B56B-4747-8969-F1EFE332FA8C.jpeg

I haven't been here since Dec. 12th. I haven't done much :crocheting lately, it's been too busy at the market. I spent Christmas with my parents, brother and his boyfriend (It took time, but I finally got used to saying that). Now that the holiday rush is over, maybe I can get back to :crocheting .

WTD: 0   YTD:  + 111

Ellie 13

:ctree MERRY CHRISTMAS ! !   :wreath

• Like 1

I counted ALL the skeins in my Christmas kit presents…it’s a whopping 30 skeins!  The good news is that I’ve already started one—a crocheted baby blanket and unicorn stuffed animal, which I figure we can give to our new great-granddaughter!  So:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -60  YTD -108

:manyheart 

Scores for the week ending 12/25/21:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +10

Inkked0317 +3

Holding steady:

greyhoundgrandma 0

Ellie 13 0

Howieann -22

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -60

Edited by greyhoundgrandma