Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Hi everyone, got news on my Brother in law John. He has a rare disease called Wegener's Disease. It affects the respiratory system. And kidneys Also causes inflammation of the blood vessels.  It is going to be a long process to get John well. But the DRS. are going to keep going with dialysis and other treatments that will help him. It could take months. Not sure how long it will take. Before John can come home from hospital.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa Doll, Yes that is where the Strawberry Festival is. And they have the best biggest strawberries. Strawberry shortcakes. Ummm! I miss those. But I can't get one no more. Can't get back down to Fla. No way. Or money to go. That is OK. One day. I will.That big strawberry shortcake will there.

Ok, if there is water there are gators.  We also have Black Bears , bob cats and Florida Panthers.  Let's not forget the armadillo's, raccoons and snakes.  On the other side we have Boa's.  Then in the water are sharks.  It is fun living down here, and you do watch where you are going. 

Besides that we have beautiful juicy strawberries, sweet and delicious oranges and red grapefruits.  Let's not forget the abundance of seafood.

Snowbear glad to hear they found out what you BIL has.  At least that is a place to start.

Well, shutting down for the night.  Off to watch my game (Buccaneers & Eagles Football).

See you all in the morning and have a good night.

Hello everyone.

Yes Florida is full of all sorts of critters, I just stay out their way.

I spent the morning at home doing laundry and stuff. Then headed to my daughters which is where I will staying tonight and tomorrow to take of the baby while my daughter works tomorrow. Then I'll be home for the weekend and back to work on Monday, the summer went too fast  :sigh

Thats about it for me. Have a great evening.

bgs!!! STAR TREK!!! Can't wait till it hits a redbox. I adore Star Trek - as if you couldn't tell by my name. LOL. Mr Tribble and I havn't been to a movie theater since before we were married in 2008. I just can't justify the prices. Can't wait....

Snowbear, at least they know where to begin now to get him better! I hope everything goes well.

Mary Jo, that is David Tennet the 10th Dr. He is the doctor most people began watching Dr Who with and is their favorite. My favorite in the 9th Dr , Christopher Eccelson and he was only there for one season. He is so adorable... LOL Of course I think he was only in one season because he is not a very nice person to work with ;) - Still my favorite Doctor. Dr Who is definitely different and I guess not everyone will like it. We, here, like it enough that one of our dogs is names Gallifreya. Dr who is from a planet named Gallifrey. But since the dog is a girl, she became Gallifreya... ;) we like our puns. Her brother is named Falkor (from the Neverending Story) but his full name is Millennium Falkor (a play on neverending story and the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars). We're slightly nerds, I believe. ;) And ScyFy is my FAVORITE!!!!!!!!

Didn't get anything done today. Had a scare with the dogs today and once that was cleared up had a hard time sleeping for work tonight. So I am going to be dragging by 7am.

Have a good night everyone... Talk to you all tomorrow.

Hey Tribble I was looking up something today about the movie trying to figure a couple of puzzling scenes out and saw there is going to be another series in 2017. I smile every time I see your screen name as Trouble with Tribbles is one of my all time favorite episodes. We might make it to the movies twice per year. We went at 11 am so its much cheaper and not usually very crowded. Counting us there were 5 people to watch it. They showed the preview for the Star Wars coming out in Dec.

It was over 100 actual temp today. I pretty much stayed in. I worked on reinforcing some plastic shelving as I need to get things put away that we pulled out when they installed the new heatpump. Its takes up much more room and has really messed up my storage area.

Hey all! Quick check in again, still can't get anything done with my 'ghan :( The humidity won't let me work! With any luck I can get something done soon with it. Plus little man starts school again soon, so ill have some am free time before little missy gets up...so maybe soon? I hope! Hmmm...

Anywho...hope everyone is well. I try to read the updates I get in my emails from the thread, I promise! Have a good night all, I think I'm off to bed once I get DDOcalmed back down :ghug

I use to watch Dr. Who. I like it OK.  Yes, I like Syfy pretty good. My shows comes on Pivot,or Life Time. I like those station pretty good. We have bears. Here in Tn. We use to see them a lot. But they put a new road through. Now we don't see them that much. The road dept. took and cut out some of the woods where the bears was.  Now they stay way up in the mountains. We see dear come down from time to time. Especially when we have a garden out. 

Oh, yes, I forgot the nice and juicey grapefruit, oranges. I grew up eating those. I miss them a lot. Also the shrimp, fish.  I love the deviled crabs, cuban sandwiches, tator logs. You just can't find that stuff up here.  :)

Looking forward to fall too. Seems we are never satisfied with the season we are in lol. But I do like having 4 seasons each year soo we put up with it. Human nature to look forward to things after al.

I love oranges mj and can't imagine having them on a tree in my own back yard.

We have apples and plum trees in backyards here and we too are abundant in strawberry sand watermelons and corn on the cob I don't care for honey due but I adore cantaloupe.

Hi holly and Katie bug and Carol.

Sheesh I can't believe your summer vaca is almost over Carol. And trust me katiebug that ghan will wait for you!! Lol

Well snow bear here to hoping he improves soon!!

Hi LInda. . how is all at your house?

I liked the. TRibble episode too. Does this new movie have any of the same actors in it Bgs?

Well I'll see you after while I'm venturing out for some b day wrapping paper!, later all

Here what I finished on the Sophie's universe baby blanket. Measures about 26" and is more of a keepsake than a useable ghan I suppose, since it's not very big. Baby shower is tomorrow so baby's momma will get it then. ???? It's made with all redHeart yarn, although the red is very old so not exactly sure what "shade " of red it is.

post-39682-0-32066800-1471019529_thumb.jpg

Pretty blanket and Jade gets cuter every day.

Katy this is the third movie with the young actors playing the original crew. The actor that played chekov is the one that was killed in a freak accident---his car went into gear and ran over him. They wanted nimoy to be in the movie but he was too ill when they filmed so we got a photo of him in it as ambassador spock and a group photo of the old crew from one of their movies. Thats where I got confused and had to do some research.

bgs Yes, I am hoping the new series is going to be good, I have reservations about it.... Trouble with Tribbles was my FAVORITE episode, I even have the book running around here somewhere! LOL. Gosh, I'm never up before 11am... well maybe a few times but rarely. I might have to check that out. I have to catch up on all the Star Wars movies I am so behind.

Howieann, its a good thing we don't have bears here, otherwise I would get eaten as I would be out there trying to feed them... :)

snowbear, I love the seafood when we get to north and south Carolina. We were able to go for 3 days last year to the ocean, but wasn't able to this year. Just didn't have the funds. Was really wanting to go.

katy, I know it is really hot, but I am so happy with it. It might be about like soup outside, but I rarely do anything outside before 5pm anyway so it cools down to bearable while we are out. I really hate the cold any more. Little Tribble on the other hand told me the other day that he was ready for Halloween because it wasn't so hot. He said he likes Halloween time and wintertime, but not summer.

ImmaFreek, that blanket is so pretty! and so is Jade.. Adorable.

Slept today again so I could work tonight, boy the house looks like a cyclone landed in it. I don't know how it gets to such a mess in three days! WOW. Oh well, I will vacuum and straighten up tomorrow between naps. I'll have it decent by Saturday. I believe we are going to go geocaching Saturday with a friend. We havn't gotten to do any of that this year, so really looking forward to it. I like letterboxing also. But haven't done any of that this year either. I need to locate more time and energy when I am not working!

Okay, have a wonderful night everyone, I will talk to you all tomorrow.

Beautiful blanket! Love the colors.

I have been doing a little crocheting. Went to daughters and raided her cotton yarn balls. She might have enough to do a pot holder but I think I will be short and will have to wait for more cotton balls.With my mind right now I just need small projects to accomplish...

Good Morning

Our kids have been in school for a week.  I can sit here and watch the busses go by, there are usually 15 of them every morning.  The High Schoolers are picked up about 6 AM, next is the Grade School about 8 AM and finally the Middle School about 9:30 AM.  We have a crossing guard on the other side of the wall behind our house.  We call them tweety.  Everytime someone wants to cross the street, the caution light goes on and they start blowing the whistle.

The blanket is adorable and could become a favorite woobie.  Jade is really growing and looks so happy.

Spent yesterday working on the craft room.  Actually the desk, as it looked like a trash can exposed on it along with a yarn closet.

The heat is not so bad this morning, but the sun is just coming up.

I hope to work on the shawl/scarf today and finish it up this weekend.

Sandra along with cotton, can you use some small balls of yarn?  Can anyone use small balls of yarn?  I have a bag of them, and they are taking up room.  NEED MORE SPACE for crafts.   Ha! Ha!

Well off to check Birthday's and then to make breakfast.

Archived