Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

well, i dont think im going to make the 4 books read quota by tomorrow afternoon. If i do manage, it will be quite close. I have about 2 1/4 read. Its for the Library adult reading program. It started on August 1st, and tomorrow is the first of the drawings, so if i dont have my 4 books read by then, I miss out and have to finish reading those plus 3 more, within the next 2 weeks, for the next drawing. 

I think that if I dont get the 4 finished by tomorrow afternoon, Ill just stop there and not worry about the rest of the drawings. I love to read, but Id rather do it and not have a time limit. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I'd do as well with a time limit,just depends some months it only two,other times 4 books in a month,when I'm on a roll its 8 - 11

alot of mine are audio books,where I can do other things while listening

oh I should add that this is the third year that I've been doing our library challenge of 52 books in 52 weeks

Oh boy I had an orange haired troll he was my first and always my fav even after many more to come that still had their hair. Lol my second fav was the white haired one he was the leader of the group. Ad the mama was the red haired one lol.

We used to take a cardboard box and cut out windows and doors in it for their house and then raid my mom's

fabric scraps drawers and make curtains and rugs and decorate the inside too it was great fun and the neighborhood kids would just want their own so bad lol. Used to occupy us on that big front porch for hours. Lol

Wow PIneknot that is a lot of reading. Do you have to do their choice of books or your own pick?? I have always wanted to re-read some of the classics. I remember in Jr. High and high school.

and some of them although classics were blah lol. But someday I will try to read the ones I enjoyed without having prom or the game that night or if i.e. Pete was gonna sit by me again in study hall. . You k ow the real biz of the day. Oh be-still my heart!!! We sure didn't get any studying done though but we had a lot of fun talking.,until the teacher hushed us up then The we wrote notes, and folded them up in funny little what were triangle footballs lol. The good old days huh???

Lol

Wow PIneknot that is a lot of reading. Do you have to do their choice of books or your own pick?? I have always wanted to re-read some of the classics. I remember in Jr. High and high school.

and some of them although classics were blah lol. But someday I will try to read the ones I enjoyed without having prom or the game that night or if i.e. Pete was gonna sit by me again in study hall. . You k ow the real biz of the day. Oh be-still my heart!!! We sure didn't get any studying done though but we had a lot of fun talking.,until the teacher hushed us up then The we wrote notes, and folded them up in funny little what were triangle footballs lol. The good old days huh???

Lol

So far its been our choice,they tried changing it up some this year,but just if you wanted to not mandatory,there was a dewey decimal challenge,cookbook,and a genre.I did that till March and then lost interest,and did my own thing

After finishing nicu blankets my next project was my first round ripple. It measures 71 inches from point to point. Its for my niece's friend who is getting married in a couple of weeks. Lighting is not good so color in photo is really off ( and the photo posted upside down.) Its pale rose or a mauve.

http://stitcheryprojects.com/2013/03/05/lacy-round-ripple-blanket/

post-11309-0-53512500-1471663587_thumb.jpg

Good Morning.

Wow 4 books in a month?  I don't think I could do that.  I like to savor the book and take my time.  I do not read fast, as sometimes I have to go back and reread a section.

Love the round ripple Brenda.  She is going to love it.

I heard from my SIL.  The women at the American Legion loved the baskets for the boy, girl and kitchen. 

Well, off to finish the tote today.

Have a fun Saturday.

Good Morning

how quickly things change,early in the week,we heard that Mom's sister was coming down from Canada.

Bill was trying to firm up plans and called his cousin who would have brought her down,well the trip fell through,She is starting her desent into Altzhimers,the police have had to return her home numerous times,she is getting paranoid,like Mom did,bad thing is she lives alone.the nephew lives two hours away,so its been really stressful on him.with mom  coming up at 96 this Dec.her sister is 91.

I hope they find a cure soon for this disease

So far its been our choice,they tried changing it up some this year,but just if you wanted to not mandatory,there was a dewey decimal challenge,cookbook,and a genre.I did that till March and then lost interest,and did my own thing

After finishing nicu blankets my next project was my first round ripple. It measures 71 inches from point to point. Its for my niece's friend who is getting married in a couple of weeks. Lighting is not good so color in photo is really off ( and the photo posted upside down.) Its pale rose or a mauve.

http://stitcheryprojects.com/2013/03/05/lacy-round-ripple-blanket/

attachicon.gif20160819_221002.jpg

Good Morning.

Wow 4 books in a month? I don't think I could do that. I like to savor the book and take my time. I do not read fast, as sometimes I have to go back and reread a section.

Love the round ripple Brenda. She is going to love it.

I heard from my SIL. The women at the American Legion loved the baskets for the boy, girl and kitchen.

Well, off to finish the tote today.

Have a fun Saturday.

Oh sorry to hear about mom. Hope she is going to be safe there alone. And I wouldn't want to follow what they say I should read either so unless it was my chick lol I wouldn't do it. Tampa isn't it wonderful to have the satisfaction that the recipient loves your generous gift. Can't wait to see the tote!!and Bgs you sis it and it is just lovely. Well worth the effort huh!! I find myself having to count each row or risk the chance of hacing to frog back lol just easier to count to the hills and valleys. Looks just great though did you have fun doing it??

About the trolls I remember them being called wish nics too or maybe that was the brand and Im Sure there were knock offs too I'm gonna get some lol

Holly updated her prefs so make sure to check that out lots of people want Christmas squares this time around!,

Nothing much happening here just normal stuff lol. I'll come I. Later maybe I will have more to say lol.

Well, it is time to shut down for the night.  My game is on and I have to get out pills and get ready for bed.

It is 84 degrees at 9 PM and with the humidity it feels like 94 degrees.

Have a good night.

Good Morning,

It's been a busy week. My classroom is set up for school to start tomorrow, however when I left on Friday it was 92 degrees in there, the air conditioning had been out for 4 days and I was told they were waiting for a part that was on order. Hopefully it will be fixed when I get there tomorrow or we will have to temporarily relocate to another room. My youngest daughter called me on Friday and asked me to go to the emergency room with her because her she was in pain and had a bad rash on her head and neck, they diagonosed it as shingles. Of course the baby is to little for her chicken pox immunization so my daughter is being extremely careful when feeding the baby and trying not to hold her too much. I've been here helping for the weekend but I need to be at work tomorrow. I'll probably come up after work for a while so my daughter can get a little extra rest. Ok that's my exciting news update. I hope everyone has a great day.

Oh so sorry to hear about your daughter.  They say that shingles is very painful.  I do hope they can help her soon.

Our kids have been back for about a week or more.  Good luck on your first day back and I hope they can get the air conditioning fixed.

Nothing going on here.  Have a fun day today.

Well aren't we all busy today.

I have gotten the chores all done early and now I just need to sir a bit and rest lol

I need to check my order too I ordered handy a new watch from timex and it should be here before too long. His bday is the end of August so we have a little time left lol. and I will kick up a couple other rethink he talked about needing Ny time befor.

We left yesterday morning about 730am to head into the city for bonsai. Then the best part is lunch with some of them afterwards. Dh got a break from mowing at dads this week. I am kind of glad as I planned on scrubbing more floor. We went over to my sister and nieces house instead.

Carol so sorry your daughter has shingles. Hope the ac is fixed for tomorrow so you and your pupils dont have to relocate.

Mary Jo I got home and settled last night in time to see the last 3 minutes of the football game. Good thing the Rams moved or we would have had to hand the Governor's cup back to them.

Katy my niece thinks her friend is going to really like the afghan. I have been to a few functions with her friend and last year she sang Amazing Grace acupella at my dads funeral and did an outstanding job. My photo of it is horrible but if you looked at the photo with the pattern the lacy center and spokes lend themselves very well to using just one color of yarn. I wound up using a k hook because the yarn seemed a touch thicker than rhss. The lace center and lace spokes tend to want to poof a little but when you lay it out on the bed and gently smooth over it with your hand it lays perfectly flat. It made up pretty fast and I thought it was pretty and fitting for a wedding present. I told my niece that it was one of those things that must have meant to be because it just fell into place as I had not planned it out (I usually struggle when wanting to make something for people. Takes me forever to decide what to make find a pattern and get the yarn. Then if its a pattern I havent done before I usually have to pull aart as many stitches or more than it takes to make it and sometimes have to alter the pattern). I went to the shower and she loved the towel toppers and towels I gave her. I went home and saw the 4 one pounders I had just brought home from my dads and thought maybe she would like an afghan. I wanted a pattern that was pretty or elegant made in one color and immediately found this pattern not to mention I have wanted to do a round ripple for a few years now. The pattern gives you instructions and a chart for 47 rows which made it 71 inches from point to point. I thought it was a nice size.

Well good-night everyone. I love you all. Just got done watching my favorite. Wrestling. My favorite guy really done what he said, he was going to do. Win. Yeah. One didn't wait for the bell to ring. He just tore in there. Like a wild animal. Sorry everyone I like wrestling. I just wanted to share with you what one of the shows I like. :ghug

Good Morning Everyone.

Snowbird we all have our things.  Yours is wrestling, mine is Pro Football and Hockey, that is besides crocheting.

The tote is done and resting till next week.

On to the next project.

Well good-night everyone. I love you all. Just got done watching my favorite. Wrestling. My favorite guy really done what he said, he was going to do. Win. Yeah. One didn't wait for the bell to ring. He just tore in there. Like a wild animal. Sorry everyone I like wrestling. I just wanted to share with you what one of the shows I like. :ghug

Arlene I went through a phase where I loved to watch wrestling. I assume you mean WWE. One day I was flipping through the channels and landed on a segment of Smackdown and laughed hard all through it as I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever seen. Dh had watched off and on from when he was a youngster. They are a combo of incredible athletic, acting, and comedic abilities. I havent watched for sometime now because they moved all their shows to cable which I dont have and my fav The Rock went into acting. I have been to some of Harley Race's wrestling school's matches and have seen Ted Dibiase (Million Dollar Man)and the Road Warriors in person.

Hi all.

HOw are you all today. Carol so sorry about daughter. I have had shingles years ago. A very mild case apparently though. I went to my older Doctor back then and he gave me some salve and I think that was it and it was gone in a very short time and pretty painless for me too so I was luckier than most. Good thing about it is it is very rare that once you have had it that you ever get it again,,

Snow bear how is your brother in law doing?

Looked out today and the turkey herd were all in the back yard poking around. Sot that goes to show you that they can hop fences!! Lol. I didn't feed them in the back only out front when we feed them so I don't know what they were out there looking for.

Yesterday was vacuum cleaner cleaning day lol was the time to clean all filters and dust cups and clean them on the outside as they get so dusty sitting arond. I have several vacs the reg ones and then a couple hand held and stick vac or two. I used to live In a multiples floors house and was just easier to manage the floors rather than taking just one up and down stairs all day lol. Anyway. They are all cleaned up inside and out and the ones that still use bag got new febreeze bags in them now. I haven't put two away yet lol in the rooms and areas that they belong I. And Max is very Leary of them. He hates vacs and always runs in the further most room when I vac anywhere. Lol

Poor baby I think it hurts his ears as he has such sensitive hearing. I swear he can hear a butter fly burp from 60 foot away with the window closed lol And he hates when I wash silver ware and put it away too!! Those of you with cats will know when I say sometimes he just suddenly jump up and look where that there is nothing going on. Don't you all wonder just what he saw or heard??

Lol.

Well ladies got a few more things to do I think I'll make up a meatloaf for supper tonight. Good old fashioned comfort food!!! I hope you all have a super splendiforus day!!

You better believe it. Wrestling is my things. You should hear me and my husband. They had Summerlam Sunday night. It was good.  My favorite is Roman Reins. Use to be Triple HHH, Shaun Micheals, Rey Mysterio. There gone now. Roman, YES! He is mine and my husbands favorite. We watch Raw and Smackdown and any PPV. It is on PC.  We watch a match for 3 hrs. tonight. Of course Roman won the main event. YEAH! :cheer

Ok I must confess at one time I watched it, but I doubt you would remember some of the wrestlers I knew.  They were before Andre' the Giant and Hulk Hogan.  Don't watch it anymore.  Wrestling is seems to be a big thing down here.

Good Morning everyone and another beautiful day on the horizon.  We are suppose to get up to 105 feels like temp, with the humidity added, so we are staying in today.  Only venturing out to get the mail and the trash bin when the trash guys go by.

Tote is done and waiting for it's close up.

Off to see what is sitting in my WIP bag.

Have fun today.

Archived