Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning everyone.

Up early this morning and NO rain.  Hope to see the sun today.

Not much going on.  Finishing up so dish cloths and pot holders I am making.

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi.

Hi all where is everyone?? Busy busy already huh. Well another humid day to come I hate that. For the life of. Me I can't understand why Nebraska a land locked place has so much darn humidity. You know. I mean I can understand Florida surrounded by oceans might get a bit humid but !Nebraska??? I know we have a great aquifer we are sittin on but sheesh you know!! I heard this is the hottest summer for so many places.

Does this then mean we are in for some more global climate changes this winter I dunno.

Well handy is on his way to get some sort of a vent or something. I have the big vac out but Max is sleeping so quietly and as soon as I e en start to plug it I. He vanishes. Lol so I'll wait a bit. Something in the air must be causing my allergies to act up. Anyone else??

Hi holly and SNowbear, Tampa and Carol. I hope the weather is behaving for you all. You know I'm not sure where Tampa is. Is it I. The middle od Florida I guess I will find a map huh lol. Other than that nothing new here new so I'll come back later. Hope you all are having a super splendid day today!!! ⭕️❌⭕️❌ till later

Ah yo are right on the gulf. And thank goodness not by all those gators from the Everglades lol. Have you ever seen one near you or your property??

We don't get the gators from the glades, but if there is water, there are gators.  Every once in a while you hear about one in a pool, shoot they even had a picture of one that looked like he was trying to ring the door bell.

Once you find Tampa, Katy, shoot your finger to the west a smidge and that is where I am at.  3 sides of where I live, is water and we have one big lake (Tarpon Lake) behind us.

What I find funny about humidity is that in California, there is very little humidity.  Can you believe that?  Right on the Pacific, and very little humidity.

Well been working on my shawl/scarf, just stopped for lunch, now to go back.

Have fun today everyone.

Tampa Doll, I know where Tampa is. I am originally from Tampa, Fla. Not Tn. I move here over 30 yrs ago. With my first husband and 3 kids. They grew up here. But I know where Tarpon Springs is. Are you near there.  But I haven't been back down there in years. I have a sister and relatives still there. I main was in Plant City, Fla. And in Brandon, Fla. Do you know where that is?

Okay friend went to Dr. Appointment today. (My daughters father in law). He has stage four lung cancer and they only gave him weeks to a year too live. Spirits are just down right now. Going to go check on him for he is not sleeping and needs a shoulder to lean on and a ear to talk to.

wanted to check in and not sure when I will other than in a couple days.

I would not be happy living where gators abound. Is it tur that if you Stand still they won't att k you?? I don't know who said that. Hope they survived the test of standing still though!!!!

No word from Bgs she must be working too hard again and then coming into the cool to recover. No the hot and humid one coming tomorrow yuk.

I just stayed in and got a few things done inside today. I think it is supposed to rain more tonight this aft we gota passing storm did t last long but hopefully perked up our outside plants and such. They always dance In The raindrops they are so happy. Bobbing about. Lol

Had handy Dan get me a little container of well they used to call it spakle to cover over a couple nail holes. And I like this stuff no sanding needed goes on powdery and pink and dries like the wind when dry it turns white lol I can't even see where the hole used to be!! very pleased with the results.

Okay friend went to Dr. Appointment today. (My daughters father in law). He has stage four lung cancer and they only gave him weeks to a year too live. Spirits are just down right now. Going to go check on him for he is not sleeping and needs a shoulder to talk to.

wanted to check in and not sure when I will other than in a couple days.

Sorry to hear this sandra, but you are the best at listening ears... I know it will oerk him up a bit..'

Just got home from 3 days of watching one of the grands for 3 days... I am POOPED... didn't get a thing doen int he crochet world... or any other world for that matter... hoping to get home and settled so I can work on the graph ghan for the son...

Linda I thought you were missing and hope you get that solved Very soon wonder what the deal is??

And Sandra again come in when you can ok

Poor mini lol you have earned a crochet break!!

Hope everyone else is good and Lacey sure doesn't seem like 6 Months old for little Jade!! Happy half bday!

Good Morning.  I have some time between storms to jump on the computer.  We have had nothing but rain and thunder storms for about 3 days. :storm   We are suppose to be like this till Thurs? :eek

cshort glad to here you are not in the glug, glug stage we are in.  It is raining right now infact.  I do not know where the round is putting it all.

Oh Sandra, that is quite a dilemma you have there and I do feel bad.  Hope you can get it fixed soon.

Snowbear you have my good thoughts and prayers.  I do hope thing improve for you also.

Not much going on here.  Just sitting and watching the rain.

Ok, I have seem 3 Dr. Who's and I do not get the humor.  To me it is I don't know English.  I know my Mom would of been on the floor laughing.  Of course she thought Benny Hill was funny also.  Not stepping on anyone's toes here, just please explain the humor.  It reminds me of the Buck Rogers movies. 

I think the humor is a dry humor. I don't think the show is normally humorous, personally. There are some funny moments but it's not really a comedy. Matt Smith's Dr Who was the funniest in my opinion. The new Dr Who sucks and isn't funny at all. We are on the 12th doctor who. I hate him. I've not even caught up on this current season. The first Doctor was in the 1960's and those ones are really difficult to watch LOL, 1960's television was not what it is today.I am not really good at explaining humor. Most current comedies in my opinion these days are horrible and I dislike them greatly.

Hi all. Just stopping in to say hi . Jade is feeling much better although she is still just a little stuffy. Tomorrow is her "6 month half-way birthday" .

Time goes so fast! Glad she is feeling better. There is a lot of people with a summer cold.

Spent an hour this morning picking tomatoes and cucumbers out of the garden. I think there is going to be about the same amount to pick tomorrow morning. The air was so thick outside today it was crazy. It's supposed to storm here for the next week. We had storms yesterday and today.

Have a good night all!

Guess my post yesterday went mia. Must have lost signal before it made it.

Arlene keeping your family in my prayers

Sandra sorry about your friend.

Jade is growing so fast.

Linda I have had that happen to me on my computer. I can read whats going on and the box be there for me to type but the cursor wont appear.

We went to see the Star Trek movie this morning, stopped for linner as Mary Jo named it. Then stopped at Aldi.

Guess I am adding some new words around here.

Snowbird I am 5 minutes away from The Sponge Docks in Tarpon.  We have Tarpon Lake behind us.  Contrary to what my BIL and others think, gators are not walking the streets.  Plant City is where the Strawberry Festival and yes I have heard of Brandon.

The Guy playing Dr. Who, the one I saw was in Harry Potter and Broad Church.  He Married the original Dr. Who's daughter.

Sandra, sometimes people just need someone to listen and that is all.

Immafreek glad to hear Jade is feeling better.

The rain looks like it is done here for awhile.  We have had sun for 2 days.  You know that bright yellow thing in the blue sky.

Well, I am off to see what is going on in the world.

I will be back, you lucky people. :rofl 

Hi Linda yeah I was going to ask you that as t seems that there is not much out there that still supports the ie anymore. Glad you are fixed anyway.

With the changing of the ville I'm sure they are now updated to that now. I am thinking maybe an announcement might have been helpful though if that is indeed the case. That makes it difficult too on some that can't update to something else and might cause some members, from being able to get to the ville one would think. Did you talk to Amy or reach her??

I'm wondering how you knew to do that I had reminders come in long ago that warned me a particular site or where I was a t the time tell me that so and so site no longer supports ie. Leah blah blah.

I don't see the point in updating i.e. If no place anymore is supporting it well my two cents lol

Hi ya Bgs you were missed!! That happens to me too especially when I write a long post I noticed but also with a short one too so. Ville thing going on. Glad you saw the movie. How was it?..

Well I'm staying in today the heat index here today is expected to reach 110 or more today. Me no likely that lol.

Tampa keeping cool today as well?? Did you get your dish cloths done? I did for my recipient. Ust haven't posted yet. Maybe I will get those out Monday.

Carol a free day for you or a sew sew day??? Lol

And we are off I guess. Another day huh. Everyone try to stay cool. Stay in if you can there is something outside setting my allergies all up in full force. Don't know what but it won't be hard to just stay in today!, I be back later on

I guess Bill got tired of me whining that I couldn't get the individual threads to open,so he tried that and it worked for me.

I dislike having to change,I knew where everything was with my other system,now I have to hunt things down and remember pass words

i heat that, trust me lol  

i have not accomplished much at all today, both the portable acs are humming, and the cental was on too, sheesh, just can't keep it cool enough be keep comfortable, you know,,  didn't feel the best today, so took it easy mostly today. i think it is the heat, lol i think it is always the heat, lol       

Well i dont think gators are all over florida, but figured  they are a more common site there, than here

i guess that is why i like it here, there are not really very many things that can hunt and kill you here. lol  oh we have coyotees, and and other things, cougers  now and then that come too close to human habitats, but other than that, no bears, no gators, and no other big mean things, least not in the eastern side of the state, i think th ey do have rattle snakes in western neb and mountain lions, and maybe even worse, not sure... 

i will look that up after i end this post, for sure, lol to see what big meanies are indiginous to our state... interesting to know...

well, i know most states have some t ype of bears, either brown, black, grizzly or polar, but really thank goodness they are not here as of yet, lol 

wel squares, i will write more later when it cools off a bit, supposed to maybe rain, which wold only help cool things for a bit, and add to the humitiy later..  you all stay in and try to stay cool.. ill b back later on..

well i looked and it lists black bears, but way west and north, not here in the eastern parts much, thank goodness. they are bad enough, they list elk, and big horn sheep, but i was looking for preditary animals, lol  so i don't know what else, oh bison, but confined pretty much here to the state parks i guess. although i have only ever once seen them, and that was at the zoo, oh twice, and the wildlife safari park, moose, too, they sound horrible, and can  be very agressiver i guess in rutting season... they make a strange strange sound, just sort of almost eerie, if you are not used to it, i guess, lol which im not. ha ha. ok, all for now, glad i got that researched, lol see you later. 

Archived