Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Looks like Maxies toys had a grand time. I havent used the scrubby yarn yet. I bought it to make one of those back washing scrubbing deals. The kind that is a long strip with handles on either side. Dh's was wore out and I hadnt found a good replacement. The one I found isnt as scratchy as the old one. Meanwhile we found a good one at dads house. I had too much yarn of my own. I know thats hard to believe but its really true. Then I just keep inheriting more just because I cant say no.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been raining here for a couple of hours.  Started out when the sun was out and the rain was pouring down.  Now the sun is gone, but it is still raining.  A little while ago I was in the garage and it was not raining on our side of the street, but it was pouring on the other.  Gotta love it.

Ok, here is the tote, done and ready to find a new home.  http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/157576-c’ville-august-2016-tote/

Hello everyone,

We had a good storm yesterday but the sun has been shining today. 

Katie, the pictures are too cute.

I'm spending the weekend helping with my granddaughter since my daughter is working. So it's lots of snuggle time. My son-in-law is home and helps a lot but he still isn't sure about being alone all day. That's my update for the day. Have a great day!

Oo oh . Brenda take it easy in the hot this time.

Just ate a small bowl of chicken casserole and boy was it so good. I wonder why it always taste better on the second day. Lol

I guess as they say the flavors have more time to "marry" lol

I have oh 6 I think skeins of aspen laid out to figure out if and what to make of them. I also pulled a very pale green some tan and some soft white that would work with it. Hum sounds like those colors might make a ghan of some kind I dunno yet still thinking lol. I made

One 5 inch granny and it works up well but seems a bit thinner than I am used to. I don't think it will make a diff on a ghan of any size though. Do you think this would all go together for a ghan either blocks or shellll or something.

post-40621-0-75881900-1469904876_thumb.jpg

It was cool enough today I could work out in the sunroom as its shut off from the rest of the house and has just been too hot to even walk through.  I have been washing the kitchen counters and the tile on the walls.  It's all just so dirty it is taking a very long time to clean them really good. The counter tops are the stuff that has the dimples and creases in them like the smudge proof refrigerators and its hard to get the grime out of the crevices.  You really can't scrub it out but Mean Green seems to lift the grime out.  Then I used a Q tip to bleach the grout where it discolored.  I need to get something to clean the wood cabinets.  They are sticky dirty.  Seems like we used to use Liquid Gold for that.   I can tell dad was the one that did the cleaning at that house until he got to sick to do it.  The bath tubs were nasty nasty nasty.  Still need to do more work there.  Dh got the oil and filter changed on dad's riding mower and then ran back home to get start on our mowing.  

Then went over to sis's house and we fixed supper.  She baked tilapia in the oven and it is so good.  I sliced and diced vegetables for her for the week.  The cast is off her hand but now its in a brace so she has limited use of her right hand.  I will probably fall asleep on the ride home as I just feel so tired right now.  

Good evening

oh,I like Tilapia only second to Catfish,I haven't had my Catfish fix this year yet,at Cracker Barrel

we finally got some much needed rain,I'll try and pop out in the morning to pull some weeds,found it easier to get them out that way,then its on to get rid of those pesky morning glories,boy invasive,the vines are as coiled as barbed wire,yep,they gotta go.

Good morning. I was so tired earlier I didnt think I would have any problems going to sleep but I am still up. Have been working on merging the left over baby weight yarn into a little ghan.

Good Morning everyone.

The day is starting out bright and sunny, with not a cloud in the sky.  No rain this morning, but perhaps we will get some this afternoon.

Working on the shawl/scarf today, hope to get a lot done.  It is not difficult, just more time consuming than crocheting.

Well off to see what is going on in the world.

Hi all hope you're all doing well.

Well woke up late and atarted right in on chores and breakfast. I guess even the toys don't work often on Sunday's lol. Handy did catch a pic though of them trying to clean up after the wowwie though. It looks like they did a pretty good job and I'm curious as to how they plan on letting the dish Water out!!

post-40621-0-67754700-1469992620_thumb.jpeg

Hello everyone.

I'm home early today because my son-in-law decided to take the baby to see his grandparents along with the rest of his family. The baby was up at 5:30 this morning and we went to church so I am ready to relax a bit and maybe do some crocheting. This is probably going to be a busy week so I should rest while I can. 

Hi all hope you're all doing well.

Well woke up late and atarted right in on chores and breakfast. I guess even the toys don't work often on Sunday's lol. Handy did catch a pic though of them trying to clean up after the wowwie though. It looks like they did a pretty good job and I'm curious as to how they plan on letting the dish Water out!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Ha! I like your dish helpers! :)

Oh my yes. You need to back up though to follow the story line lol they are our Maxie's the cat's toys and they have been very busy!! sometimes it just Tucker's Maxie out thus a nap or two or three lol. Good to see you Holly. Lol

Katy you or rather Handy has really started something. Now I am always looking for the next photo to see what Maxies toys are up to.

I got about 3 hours sleep. We were at Powell Garden from 10 am until 5pm to help with a bonsai class. We really didnt have to do much---mostly helping carry things in and out set up and tear down pass out handouts and critique the class as this is the first time it was presented. Then we went out to eat. It was a good day.

It rained off and on throughout the day so it is sticky out

Good morning all!

Not much going on here. Was called in to work tonight. So only a bit of the housecleaning was done yesterday. Kitchen cleaned, doggie bedding washed and dried that was all...

Corn dogs and onion rings for supper. Not sure what today....

Loving maxies toys adventures.... the only thing our toys accomplish is there stuffing removed.... lol

Good Morning. Couldn't sleep much so I am up. The house is quiet cause I'm the only one up.

Boys went back to their moms yesterday and I already miss them.

Love Maxie's mice. Love the pictures you show.

Today I want to finish the watermelon bag then on to a purse for daughter for her birthday. Then need to finish up some post cards. The list goes on and on.

Good Morning.

Woke up to no electric but it came on within about 20 minutes. The power went out while I was at my daughter's yesterday too, it's fairly common at this time of the year, I think the system gets overloaded with everyone running the air conditioners more. Today's plans include taking mom to a doctor's appoinment this afternoon, I should do some cleaning and laundry and I would like to do some sewing, hmmm maybe I should make an extra cup of coffee first. 

Hope everyone has a great day.

Good Morning.

Up at 6 this morning, so I am getting the wash done early.  I have to change over the table and the tree today, so not much is going to get done.

I am hoping to get the address for the tote today, then I can pack it up.

Off to see what is going on in the world.

Good Morning

got more rain over night,thankfully didn't have to lug the hose around,for some reason that wears me out

have a great day every one,can't wait to see the August table,MaryJo

Archived