Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of the day everyone is snookered down in front of the tv or enjoying a favorite hobby or snoozing In The big chair lol. Maybe some are reading or crocheti g or fixing. Late supper or snack.

I'm typing lol for the moment but won't be for long. We got a lot of rain about an hour or two ago and there was a tornado across the ri er in Iowa sirens here did nt go off as that is a ways away but we had a storm warning out for awhile. Oh well we needed the rai.n rain Anyway!! Stopped now and is probably out of our area but it's going to be a sticky tomorrow I bet.ok well see you all in the am. Have a safe and restful evening!!

worked all day on a birthday card add in,sis in law in Germany has a birthday Aug. 16th.

Rene' found a jar with flowers,almost looks decopaged,its a color page,just right cause she is always talking about her flower garden at their cottage,there is an open area where it says Magic flowers,I try to match the page to the person I'm sending to,did her husband one during hockey season,it was a mushroom house with a satellite dish,I thought it was too funny,cause he gets a special subscription to see NY Islanders play.

ok im still up   that card sounds very creative, and very inventive pine knott she will love it... My daughters b day is on the 15th, but we are going to elebrate it on sat.. cause hubby has to work on her bday...did you know they sell postcards you can color too, that is cool  gonna order some I think. lol  

nothing much else to say just thought i would sign on the desk top this time,see if it is still getting on the ville, lol happy to say, it is, and it is so much easier to type, and See the screen, lol.. Did you figure out your puter problem linda??

well we had the sandwiches, and the fruit, and handy had cookies after, lol i just ate a bit more fruit, and that was just fine for me.. not a huge sweets fan, and certainly not a choc. fan, take it or leave it, i guess. lol  :manyheart  :manyheart Gosh ive missed that, lol diff colors, and my emoticons, lol although ipad has way more. lol   see you in the am squares,,

so  now im done checking the desktop so ill watch a little tv  and h opefully fall asleep soon, night all,!!!

Good Morning.

I had a great time yesterday with my daughter and grandkids but I am tired today. I have the laundry started and I'm hoping to do some sewing today.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday.

Good Morning.

No big plans today.  I am going to get my book of dishcloths and potholders and make some of them.  Hope to send some out for the Wish list.

Have fun today.

HAZY HOT AND HUMID.  Typical Florida Summer Day. :hot 

Hi holly. Wow that Harry Potter project is a big undertaking. I hope you show us what you are done. Would love to see it!!

Good for you Carol taking a "me" day glad you enjoyed time with your family too!!

Well hello there PIneknott what's your plans today?? Did you get rain??

Mary jo.

Oh they. Are a quick and useful project. The ones I made are ready in their manilla for mailing as is our jessicali's squares. They have the entrance all discombobbilated at the post office bobbled working o. It so haven't mailed them yet but they are coming soon lol

Arlene. Did you post yet on the new wish list? You can do the same list you had or edit it if you want to. The sooner you get on it the better Look under forum the go about half way down till you see wishing well and post I sent you that link in a pm I'm sure but that is how to find it. The more exposure you have the more people see it. Obviously lol

Well I. Off to get something to eat I guess pretty soon so talk to you all later. ❌⭕⭕

Busy all morning getting things ready to go for tomorrow. I think our 15 year old computer is ready to die which is a shame because it goes online easier than the laptop. I took the side off the tower to clean it to see if that would help. I am going to see if the fan has quit. I am going to just mess around with it before I trash or recycle it cause I have never fooled around inside of one before.

I think I am on the last skein of baby sport yarn and have lost track of how many little ghans it made. I already mailed off 8. Think there are at least 16 more. I am getting tired of working on them

Well I am in the multipurpose building at the University of Central MO in Warrensburg awaiting supper and the start of the REC (rural electric co-op) meeting. Otherwise we never go out Fri evenings. They take $25 off the next electric bill and feed you supper and have drawings as incentive to attend. One year we won $50 off of electric bill. I was going to tease and say the new heat pump was so energy efficient our last bill that covered July was less than $20 but they applied our capital credit refund to that bill.

:) Hi everyone.  I've missed a lot of posts.....too many to go through....

Summertime is always such a busy time that I don't have much time left in my day for computer.  When I have downtime, I am usually crocheting or sewing lately.  I recently spent a lot of my free time doing a test for Little Owl's Hut.  Since I am done, I am back to the afghan that was supposed to be done in June.  I have 9 rows out of 12 done so I am getting there and hope to get it done by the end of August, well as long as the sticky humidity stays away for a little while.

Hi crochet fan. Glad to see you

e glad your'e back!!

And mini

so sorry to hear about mom in law. glad you To see you as well.

All for now in the process of cleaning out a coupe drawers in my craft room. I'm Focused I tell ya!!

I agree! I am so far behind!  We took our anniversary vacation this week... and that was wonderful, but came home to news that my MIL's breast cancer news was not good.  She did chemo, then a lumpectomy..now they want to do 2 infusions and radiation.. but she is refusing the chemo part... it breaks my heart.,.. she and I are so close.... the Lord gives...and the Lord takes away... Blessed be the name of the Lord...

Morning.

Hi trib and pine knot.

Linda I have a question to ask. I have this old paper well a copy my sis sent me from my moms old papers and we do nt k ow what it is. It is in German. Does your sis in law read German?? If so sometime when I find it again I could sent it to you and you could forward it If she would or could tell me what it is. Lol just wondering g is all I don't know really where it is right now but I may have put it in with the pic

Albums so won't be till I can look though that bin so was just asking I just don't know anyone else to translate it lol.

I'm not feeling well this am so going to go back in and lie down. I'll come back till then everyone Have a good one.

Good Morning,  Went out this morning for the month weed whacking of the hair.  This is a haircut that looks worse then when you go in.  I look like Kate Gosling with the smooth front and mess up back.

Then we went to the store.  We are waiting for storms today, so I am in for the day.  Working on some pot holders and dish cloth for the wish list.

Have a fun day.

Morning.

Hi trib and pone knot.

Linda I have a question to ask. I have this old paper well a copy my sis sent me from my mo s old papers and we do t k ow whT it is. It is in German. Does your sis in law read German?? If so someti e when I find it again I could sent it to you and you could forward it o. If she would or could tell me what it is. Lol just wondering g is all I don't know really where it is right now but I may have put it in with the pic

Altos so won't be till I can look though that bin so was just asking I know o e to translate it lol.

I'm not feeling well this am so going to go back in and lie down. I'll co e back lTer o. Have a good one.

it shouldn't be a problem,she'd be happy to be of help

Katy, I hope you are feeling better!

Mary Jo, I know how you feel about the haircut. If course by the time I talk myself into having mine cut, there is no way it could look worse once cut. LOL. I will put it off till I really can't get a hairbrush through it. I think my last haircut was in January. I hate having my hair done.

I have to get a box of color and have Mr Tribble color it again. It grows so fast I have about 1/2 inch of roots showing and we just colored it last month.

Didn't do a whole lot today worked last night so slept today and work again tonight. I did a few dishes this morning then went straight to bed.

will be repeating the process tomorrow :)

Rosebush is officially dead. Hibiscus looks wonderful. Garden doing okay. Had a bit of early blight we had to treat

Have a wonderful night everyone!

This is what is keeping me from crocheting tonight!! when I get up from beside him he squalls!

Maybe after his next bottle at 10:30 I can get something done....His brother ( 14 months) went down at 8:30

post-497-0-55165500-1470532502_thumb.jpg

Lea nothing is more important than holding/snuggling those little ones

They grow up so fast.

Katy hope you are feeling better.

I am exhasted. Left home at 8am and just got back. Helped niece with bridal shower so spent morning prepping food then decorating had the shower and then the clean up. Dh went to a CG event then mowed the yard at dads house. We stopped off for pizza on the way home and just chilled out there so he could watch the ball game.

Good Morning from a soggy, rainy Florida.

This morning has started out great.  I went out and ran between rain drops :rofl  to get the paper.  It was soaked.  Wrapped once and that was so thin it ripped.  Called for redelivery, now to see if they deliver a dry one.

Katy I do hope you are feeling better today.

Lea, he is worth sitting next to.  Hey, maybe you could teach him to crochet.  What a cutie pie.

Brenda you guys exhaust me just reading what you all do.

Good Morning

what a cutie pie,Lea,enjoy it now,they don't stay small long enough

found a really nice book on the library sale shelf,about Niagra Falls

well,wash is already started,ironing for the week will be next

have a great day everyone

Lea love the baby picture!

Got to make a German Chocolate Cake today for daughters birthday. Going over there tonight for supper.

I have the boys the younger one and I have been making some butterfly's. He is so excited too.

Have a good day everyone!

Katy hope you are feeling ok. Was this the day you were celebrating dd's birthday?

Sandra we always had german chocolate cake made from scratch twice per year. Once in may for dads birthday and once in nov for one of my sisters birthday. You never asked what they wanted you just made them.

Mary Jo it really felt good sitting down at the pizza place leisurely drinking my diet coke and nibbling at pizza---I wasnt that hungry because of all the food at the shower. Dh generally wont sit that long but he became engrossed in the ball game. Now I am chilling out at the genealogy library. Its a recovery day

Its been cloudy today and rained this morning.

Archived