Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning!

Very hot and humid this morning. I am off to get a shower before the house stirs and I get little man to babysit. Rearranged my den late last night and think I relocated my shoulder or pulled a dang muscle. Us girls do our own moving of everything for we never have a male in the house. I mow grass and take care of most everything. Just what I do so when hubby gets a day off he's not doing the Honey To Do List.

Here's a picture of the red, white, and blue bag finished. Just waiting on the clips to attach the strap.

Now working on a watermelon bag. These bags are huge and can hold about 10 big skeins of yarn. SO what do you think? Should I change anything on the watermelon bag or does it look good?I love how the greens go into the white up to the red. I used a picture for the Internet of a watermelon and went from there. My last 4 rows or so was going to using a darker red. Should I or should I stay with the red I have?

Thanks for all the help.

Those look great!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Owlvamp the bags are really quite lovely!! I would probably just keep using the same red unless you are low on it then a darker would work too. Wow they hold a lot good for a market bag maybe too but would hate to stretch it out that way lol. I like them both equally I sometimes am like that too as waiting for help is frustrating. Lol but I always regret doing it all myself cause I always pay for it later. You I am witting to catch handy to help me with moving out the couch so I can vac under it but that might be a while too lol I thought for sure my vac the big one with all the suck power wasn't working too well yesterday so I had him look at it.

Seems it was sucking fine but the see through bag less container usually swirls when it is picking up and it wasn't doing that.

So long story short it was just set too low and I don't know how that happened anyway seems ok now o ce he raised it up a bit. I have another smaller stick type vac I do the kitchen with so I don't know how it got lowered in . The first place but oh well huh.

I have a smaller Hoover in . The craft room but it is not bag less. It does the job really nice. I was prepared to finish with tha one but didn't have to after all. I'm looking for reasons to buy a dyson though. Lol so there is a method to my madness. Hehehe.

Mj you go girl lol can't wIt to see pics of the new tote. They always surprise me with the colors and the way you tie them I. With your stories! And seasons and holidays.

Hi ya Carol hope all is well with daughter and mom today hot here too

Hi ya snow bear. I trust all is well today!! What are you working on now.

I'm gonna do a few dishcloths as I saw a name on the wish list that wanted some so I'll do a few up she used to be in our thread but then just dissapeared and read too that she is still collecting six inch any color squares so will put them in too. Now Mary Jo do I let Teri know before or after I post them out. I think I have an addy but might be an old one. Guessing I will ask before mailing them then duh!!! I Cruise the wish list to see if or what I might be able to grant lol but have seldom asked for an address or told Teri what I wanted to send and to whom but I will start doing that lol. My bad I guess huh lol

So off dor now gotta think of a few things I need at the store and make a short list. Oh Maxie'Mouseys were in a circle today!!! I think he had a little help this time!!! Lol nose to tail nose to tail lol someone thinks it's funny to fool mama!!! Next I will find them all at the Iams bowl nibbling!!! Oops shouldnt have typed that out loud!! Rofl!! ????????

Good morning everyone

yesterday went well,made the appt. on time,only to have him have a bathroom incident that required a change of clothes,and kept the Dr. waiting for a half hour,gee that's the second time in recent times that he did that.

It was a neurologist appt.the Doc asked him what year it was,omg,he said it was 2050,its really sad the decline is more pronounced than Mom's and he is only 52,his mother also had it( dementia/althimers

Lets see I have lost my post about  5 times this morning as the signal to my phone just keeps dropping.  It's really weird being here on the laptop and with a big screen.  

Sandra I love both the bags.  I really like this red on the watermelon with the graduated greens and  am not too sure if I would like another red with it.  Guess it would depend on the shade of red but I just don't think I would mess with the perfection you have going right now.  Not much help was I?

I should finish the problem afghan today.  At least no more pulling out as I am on the border and plan to continue going around to finish out the yarn.  I could have had at least 4 other ones done with all the stitches I pulled out.  Maybe its a sign to move on to something else for awhile but I wanted to get the baby yarn all worked up and out of here.  I have already mailed out 8 and I think I have 12 more finished and 4 that need ends worked in.  

Linda you really have your hands full.  So sorry he is in such bad shape and wow he does seem awfully young for it.  I wish they would figure out a cause and cure.  I sit and wonder about myself with all the things I forget anymore.  

Katy Terri is going to start a new wish list in Aug.  It would be best to confirm the address with Terri before mailing.  If you are not on the wish list just remember to give Terri your mailing info.  They like to have our address since they are giving out member addresses so they know we aren't requesting them for nefarious reasons.  You can tell Terri when you request the address what you are sending.  It's not as critical on some things as it is others.  By telling Terri we can avoid multiple people purchasing someone the same specific item like patterns.   So now you are subconsciously changing settings on your vacuum cleaner to convince yourself you need that dyson.   :lol  :lol

The temperature isn't so bad but the humidity is 96% so its hard to be outside very long.    :hot  (Boy I miss not having these on my  phone) :ghug

Hey I do what I can lol. I have me ways. Hey did you see the infomercial on those new copper pots and pans good thing I never got the other cause I think these are. Better. lol. either way. Comming. soon!

. Lol

And my foil tins are ordered and paid for and will get here I.at the exorbitant cost of are you ready.

Wait for r it.

A whopping total of of 1.75. No shipping. Lol.

Plenty of time. We decided we will either make our own dough for the pie crusts as it is just so much better or if worse comes to worse case senario we will need to buy only 2 or 3 double packs of ready mades lol

lol.

and a couple or three cans of cherry fillings

Stick a candle or two in them and walla birthday Pie!!! We all love cherry pie lol.

Well I better get going on those dishcloths. I figure since I do not know what size ahe prefers I'll make them probably 6 1/2. Or a little bit more. I know the smaller ones are easier for me.

And will order those other items tomorrow lol so I'm almost done!!

Well off I go to the cotton bin you all enjoy your day now. Ttfn

Owlvamp the bags are really quite lovely!! I would probably just keep using the same red unless you are low on it then a darker would work too. Wow they hold a lot good for a market bag maybe too but would hate to stretch it out that way lol. I like them both equally I sometimes am like that too as waiting for help is frustrating. Lol but I always regret doing it all myself cause I always pay for it later. You I am witting to catch handy to help me with moving out the couch so I can vac under it but that might be a while too lol I thought for sure my vac the big one with all the suck power wasn't working too well yesterday so I had him look at it.

Seems it was sucking fine but the see through bag less container usually swirls when it is picking up and it wasn't doing that.

So long story short it was just set too low and I don't know how that happened anyway seems ok now o ce he raised it up a bit. I have another smaller stick type vac I do the kitchen with so I don't know how it got lowered in . The first place but oh well huh.

I have a smaller Hoover in . The craft room but it is not bag less. It does the job really nice. I was prepared to finish with tha one but didn't have to after all. I'm looking for reasons to buy a dyson though. Lol so there is a method to my madness. Hehehe.

Mj you go girl lol can't wIt to see pics of the new tote. They always surprise me with the colors and the way you tie them I. With your stories! And seasons and holidays.

Hi ya Carol hope all is well with daughter and mom today hot here too

Hi ya snow bear. I trust all is well today!! What are you working on now.

I'm gonna do a few dishcloths as I saw a name on the wish list that wanted some so I'll do a few up she used to be in our thread but then just dissapeared and read too that she is still collecting six inch any color squares so will put them in too. Now Mary Jo do I let Teri know before or after I post them out. I think I have an addy but might be an old one. Guessing I will ask before mailing them then duh!!! I Cruise the wish list to see if or what I might be able to grant lol but have seldom asked for an address or told Teri what I wanted to send and to whom but I will start doing that lol. My bad I guess huh lol

So off dor now gotta think of a few things I need at the store and make a short list. Oh Maxie'Mouseys were in a circle today!!! I think he had a little help this time!!! Lol nose to tail nose to tail lol someone thinks it's funny to fool mama!!! Next I will find them all at the Iams bowl nibbling!!! Oops shouldnt have typed that out loud!! Rofl!!

Contact Terri,  That way she will know the wish list is being used.  I am the back up for the list.

Love the bag and the watermelon one is looking so cool.

If you are sending a pattern either by book or e-mail, you should let Terri know, so that she can mark it off the list, so no one else buys it.

I really don't want to lose the list.  I keep perusing it and looking, but for now I just do not have the time.  I hate saying that.

We just finish linner and now watching Jason Bourne movies and working on the pocket.  It is 1/2 finished so maybe one more day.

Oh Carol so sorry to hear about your troubles. I remember what my cousin went thru with my Aunt.  I will keep you in my prayers.

Sandra, the bags are lovely.... keep doing what you are doing!

Linda... I am so very Very sorry... I hate dementia....my reserved mother is so out of control with her dementia they have her on risperdone 3 times a day...

House is happily cool with two window units today...

Getting a bit of reading and hooking done!

Sandra, the bags are lovely.... keep doing what you are doing!

Linda... I am so very Very sorry... I hate dementia....my reserved mother is so out of control with her dementia they have her on risperdone 3 times a day...

House is happily cool with two window units today...

Getting a bit of reading and hooking done!

my son in law is on Namenda 2x's a day

Good Morning.

I actually made it home last night to take care of a few things here at the house and check on the cat. This morning I need to go to Walmart and then I will probably head back to my daughter's house this afternoon since she has to work the next 2 days. 

Have a great day and I will talk to you all later.

Carol you have had a very busy summer break this year.

I got the problem ghan finished last night except for working in the ends. Getting ever so close to using up all my aunts light weight baby yarn so that tote box will be empty but sm left behind part of her yarn which will fill it back up.

Well katy how were Maxs mice arranged today?

Hi all. Well sunny day but me thinks rain is coming. And true to form now Maxie is posing his mouses. ( this one definatley speaks of having some help. Lol! Here is what I woke up to this am. BReakfast time for all and a guard kitty too!!

post-40621-0-08426600-1469809055_thumb.jpeg

Enjoy the day ladies!, ❌⭕️❌⭕️❤️????♥️???? SMile of the day!!

I bet your happy that ghan I done!! You sure have been. Burning through some yarn lately!! Oh well making room For more I always say.

Lol

Speaking g of working for milk max has never been a milk drinker. He is however a fan of the tiny bubbles on top though ! My other kitties got and drank milk once in A while but I read most Cats do not digest it well. Never seemed to

Bother my other kitties that way I say it's a tolerance they build up. Or some are born with a tolerance and some aren't I dunno. I. Sure there is new research on that somewhere online lol no rain yet now wondering if my ability to predict weather (My knee) is not working!!! Lol. Old sports injury lol.

I have finished some dish cloths but can't show you till they get where they are goin!! Bummer!! now what to work on?? I got some squares done for our sept bday square so don't have that to do. Looks almost

like my self imposed obligations are done I even have a couple baby ghans ♥for Kathryn but will not be mailing out quite yet hoping to add to that. Ok then oh I was gonna change my sheets today but I think I'll do that tomorrow in the cool of the morning. Lol

All keep cool now till later!! ❤.

Hoping to see the turkeys this aft. So I can get a pic lol

I tried it the other day and hit the video button instead of photo. Lol. I watched about a three second vid of them walkinf around in fast motion lol and then deleted it lol they look so silly normally but fast motion was hilarious lol

Clouding up. On my way! On rain lol we could use some.

What are you all having later for supper. I think we are going to finish off the chicken casserole tonight no fuss no muss.

Yep Katie had to laugh when I saw the smile of the day photo.   :cat  toy  :mouse  :mouse  :mouse  are sure getting brazen taking over his food bowl. The temps are more normal here for this time of year.  The temps are dropping at night but doesn't feel like it with the humidity.  Then it gets hot in the afternoon.  We thought it was going to rain here too but so far not a drop.  I don't think I have purchased but 2 skeins of yarn this year and that was the scrubby yarn.  I am working really hard to use up what I have and get it moved on.  It seems like just about the time I start to make headway I somehow inherit more to be worked up.  Since its not necessarily what I would have purchased sometimes it takes me awhile to figure out a project for it.  

Katy, LOL, Max is great! looks like he has lots of fun with his toys.

Owlvamp, those bags are very pretty, I'm loving the watermelon one.

Pineknott, I am sorry to hear that! Dementia is a terrible thing.

Its been raining a lot here the last couple of days. Little Tribbles Sunflowers are 10 feet tall! He is pretty excited about them. His hibiscus is doing awesome. His strawberries are doing good too, however our two little bunnies that live in the yard got the last two. Bad bunnies, but they are so cute! I adore bunnies - will just have to plant more strawberries next year so the bunnies nibbling some won't be a problem. We only planted on plant cause I was unsure how well they would do.

Rose still looks horrible. I havn't made it out to actually look at the stems and such. Hoping it pulls itself out. We spent about an hour in the garden this morning picking tomatoes and cucumbers. Had three bags full! Yay. We picked them a little orange because when its this hot that is the recommendation. They ripen up just fine.

Then I slept so I could work tonight, nothing else done today! Have a good night all.

anyone else getting a screen freeze or is it just me,it would let me get to our thread,but wouldn't open

I don't have that at the other site I visit.

thankfully today wasn't as humid,and temps were down just a bit,but it felt so much better than heat index of 115

We are into either rain in the morning or late afternoon.  Yesterday it rain and thunder and lightning a good bit in the morning.

The tote will have it's picture taken today and then I will post it.

Not much going on right now and not any specific plans.

Have a fun day.

Oh Katy love the pictures.

Good Morning

only took one try to get in,a bit cooler today

not much going on except for a library run,and some yard work,with this tropical heat,the morning glories are out of control

Wel that is strange Linda hope it is fixed now whatever it is.

:DAphne sounds like you had a full day before having to go to work!!

Oh can't wait to see the tote mj!!!

Gee. BGs lol glad for your yarn inheritances lol we should all be that lucky!! You have used so much up and still have more?? Wow lucky you huh. What did you used the bought scrubby yarn for? I was wondering what is is used for a while back ?? What is it meant for??

I haven't bought much yarn either aand out of a couple of colors I try to keep In stock just seems until I need them for something I don't miss them then I will buy more when I need them. Lol

I think max and his toys had a "kerfuffle" over night as they were scattered all over the living room today!! Looks like some other toys joined in too. Escaping their box even they must have have had a Wumble or a toy meeting a wowwie. Even. . ( a wowie is how mice say rally) lol

Apparently Max had a question for the speaker.

Must have been fun for Maxie to watch too!!! He's taking a nap as we speak!! These late night hours are taking their toll I'm afraid on our Maxie.

post-40621-0-64125900-1469892466_thumb.jpeg.

post-40621-0-98467500-1469890429_thumb.jpeg

We are getting ready to head into my dads house to mow weedeat and clean. Seems like an never ending job. Changing the oil on dads mower is on the to do list for the day also. Hope everyone has a great day.

Archived