Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lea sorry your ac quit but it sounds like you are cooler with the window units. Now you can focus your energy on other things instead of trying not to be miserable.

Sandra hope you made it through the night okay. It has started cooling back down at nights here so hopefully it will start to cool off in your area too.

Mary Jo better late than never and for a awhile I thought it might be a never on any more totes.

Carol you are really keeping busy. I wish they could do more for your mom.

Our new heatpump is humming right along having no problem keeping it cool. I am waiting to see the electric bill though. Its supposed to be more energy efficient but we had a 1 1/2 ton unit and they put in a 2 ton unit so I dont know how that affects it.

Hi all. Well was going to post a pic this am of the turkeys in the front this am and eating the bread handy was tossing to them but it was soo bright out there I couldn't see to focus I will try again this afternoon lol. Oh I got footage in video form though instead of photo lol.

The camera button was very hard to see in the so bright sunlight. That ok try again later. There were about five or six this morning.

Max must have been bored earlier. (Or I suspect handy helped) As when I got out there to the living room he had all his play mice lined up lol he is too smart sometimes. You can see his favorite. The. Very small one at the end of the line!! Lol. He only will fetch that particular one none of the others lol. Got a pic of that for ya though. I call it mouses on parade!!

post-40621-0-56910000-1469632411_thumb.jpeg

Yes I agree everyone's air cond just can't keep up with some of the heat we have been having lately. I love our two indoor portables and don't use the central too much these days. Course the days are cooler too kind of. I hope e very one gets this cool thing working properly though. I worry this heat will become the norm and will only get worse. Global warming you know.

Hope your daughter feels better Carol. And so sorry mom had a scare too poor thing. These hips were not made too well lol. In my opinion.

And good luck PIneknot on your mission today!!

GLad you are cool again too ms TRibble!!

Can't. Even believe MJ that you almost have that tote done already!! Sheesh that was quick. You must have worked on it in your sleep.

I am anxious to see the front to see if it is the new logo or the regular one hehehe. Funny how too how cotton can jump right into your arms huh. I've experienced that with yarn too!!

BGs it will probably be a bit higher elec bill but sigh. Isn't it soo worth it lol. Lol

Well ladies have a wonderful day and katiebug enjoy your park time with those kids they grow up much too fast!!

Daughters b day is mid August so I. Off to cruise and see what she might like Her Hubby already got her, get this. Another Coach bag. Cos this one matches her coach wallet !!! Sheesh. Can I have your old one lol.

Ok off to travel Cyber a space for ideas ! Hec I can never top a coach bag but then I could never afford one either. Lol but she is happy. And that is what counts!! I might look at prism colored pencils online too for her art work and or coloring lol. Have a prrrr-feet day as Maxie would say!

The pocket will carry the old logo.  I have tried and tried and can not seem to get the new logo to fit, or even a good graph of it.  I DO NOT SEW, so there will be nothing embroidered on the pocket.

Ready to put it together and then pick out the colors for the pocket.

Off to work on it.

Carol I do hope your Mom and daughter feel better soon.

Wow all the Ac's I guess in NC have had enough.  Me to.  

Our big excitement here for the day was sucking out the septic tank. No problems just time. We went with a different company this time and they were $40 less than the other company we had been using charged us 3 years ago plus they are easier to get hold of (that was the exciting part)

Mary Jo I think its really hard to embroider on crocheted work and get it to turn out right.

Katy love Max with his toys. TC has a varied collection most homemade. She loves smallish balls of yarn so I tie scraps together leaving varied inch tails wind it into a ball and run some of the ends back and forth through the ball with a needle so it wont unroll. On one I left a long piece on it so I could throw it and pull it back plus she does like to unroll balls too. Its double fun because she plays unrolling it and then chases it when rolled back up. She also loves the cardboard roll from crochet thread. She is also bad to snatch any smallish project like flowers spiral scrubbies thread ornaments and well amigurumi just look like toys to her

Haha Bgs. Max cut his teeth on baby yarn balls and more than a couple times we have found the remnants of a big ball wound all over tangled up I. The KItxhen chairs and even in the laundry room lol. And yep he played it too when I tried to wind them back up. It's still his favorite game!! That and fetch with that dilapidated seen better says mouse. . I even tried putting one of the other mouse'S

Over night in the catnip bag I. Keep in the little freezer. Yeah he played with it for a while but still only fetches the well worn one. Cats are. Creatures of habit. There I said iIt again lol. nd he loves his turkey feathers too. Under supervision only lol ????

He's a good boy though and from the start he had us wrapped around his little white paw lol. ♥️

Well glad you got that job outta the way Bgs. And cheaper too !! ????

Oh I don't blame you mj ias that new logo although I love is a tough one. And I don't sew either. Not anymore. Lol. ???? Ok over and out !! Lol

All for now will check in later. Keep hanging in and hope Sandra feels better today too and ac is running ever so smoothly just humming right along. Positive thinking never hurts.

Oh I ran the Internet for ideas and I think I have found something for daughter. Those Prismacolor or artists colored pencils come In a really nice leather case with blending pencils and sharpener and I dunno like a hundred colors. I want one too lol. So that and the 3 or 4 Dover color books she picked out and some markers and highlighters. I know she has crayons lol and that can and will be used

for her drawings and coloring too if she wants. And I can get it online and have it before her bday too. She expresses an interest here

lately too about a Where's Waldo color book and I fount that at Michaels too so I'm golden I'm making her very own cherry pie and we all will have cake. Or. She and I aren't big cake eaters. Lol I thought I would try making individual smaller cherry pies. I have some ramekins or I think you can buy the small foil pans like pot pies come In and make the dough and add the cherries and walla lol. If I can't find the smaller foil pans me and handy will have to choke down at least Six pot pies before then. They are not a fav around here so praying for store bought. Lol. Ok now I'll go. See you all a bit later. ❌⭕️❌⭕️

Katy glad you found the foil tart pans because the last time I bought pot pies they were no longer in foil pans. They were more like a cardboard of some type that would go in the oven and I didnt think they would clean up and work to be reused. Sounds like your plans for your daughters birthday are falling into place. When TC thinks she has been ignored too long she digs out yarn balls to unroll so I have some strategically placed for her to be sneaky with.

Lea is just might be!! Neighbor across the street AC went out 3 days ago to. They had to buy a whole new unit. My fan motor got switched out today. So hopefully it works better than the old one. Weed eating got done this morning. Will get round up for the next time around and try to stay up on that. It's just a hot one out today.

Need to get to the store to pick up a few things but don't see it happening today.

Hec of a time on these ac units huh. Glad to hear you are feeling at lest cooler owlvamp. The last couple of days have bee pin difficult to say the least. But now cool again what a boost huh!! Well I think I lost a post earlier so am going to chek on that. See ya later.

Well, time to say good night.  It is 8:21 and the storms are moving in.  I can see the dark clouds to our east and I can hear the thunder and lightning.

So Good Night Everyone, may you be cool and stay cool.  Sleep well.

Lovin on Max with his mice lined up! Hot here today ( again) but the two window units are doing great! Got some yarn in today to start my sons bday present... it even stormed a bit tonight.... so I am going to watch an episode of Castle and hook some.... in the coolness..

Owlvamp, glad to hear your air is working again.

Our skies have been clear today, just hot.

My son-in-law grilled chicken and my daughter made some rice and steamed snap peas for dinneer, it was yummy. 

Guess thats about it. Good night.

Morning,

The grass is wet, the street is somewhat wet and the air is heavy and humid.

Nope did not finish the tote last night, but I do have the colors for the pocket and that is today's project.  Well, after going to the store.

I hope everyone is well, cool and doing better today.

Have a great day.

Good Morning!

Very hot and humid this morning. I am off to get a shower before the house stirs and I get little man to babysit. Rearranged my den late last night and think I relocated my shoulder or pulled a dang muscle. Us girls do our own moving of everything for we never have a male in the house. I mow grass and take care of most everything. Just what I do so when hubby gets a day off he's not doing the Honey To Do List.

Here's a picture of the red, white, and blue bag finished. Just waiting on the clips to attach the strap.

Now working on a watermelon bag. These bags are huge and can hold about 10 big skeins of yarn. SO what do you think? Should I change anything on the watermelon bag or does it look good?I love how the greens go into the white up to the red. I used a picture for the Internet of a watermelon and went from there. My last 4 rows or so was going to using a darker red. Should I or should I stay with the red I have?

Thanks for all the help.

post-73065-0-24232700-1469709779_thumb.jpeg

post-73065-0-01205700-1469709793_thumb.jpeg

Archived