Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Arlene keeping you and yours in my prayers.

Sandra no wonder you fell asleep. Moving stuff is hard work anyway and the heat just sucks the life out of you. Hope you get a day to recouperate

Linda how miserable with no ac on that wing. Glad they sent you somewhere with ac but it would have been nicer had they been able to call to tell you to go there in the first place.

A bil (not the one that broke hip in atv accident last fall) rolled their only vehicle Fri morning. Thankfully he is just bruised and sore. This was the replacement for the vehicle that youngest sis totaled when she had a blowout 4 months ago. This is the one whose house burned a little over a year ago. They really could use some good karma.

Found out my aunt has breast cancer. She is in good health otherwise. They found it early and have moved her along very quickly so she didnt have time to sit and worry about it. She only needs radiation no chemo.

I have been getting things moved back into our storage area that we moved out for the new heatpump installation. Its good getting the stack of stuff in the kitchen out of the way.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popping in to say hello. It was my first day back to work and I came home tired and with a sinus headache from setting up my classroom. So I think I am going to watch some tv, have something to eat and go to sleep. Have a great evening.

well folks,

we had some excitement here about two hours ago,lightning struck the tree out front sending bark flying,inside the house it fried the modem and our kitchen tv,modem's been replaced,tv maybe Wednesday

Linda definitely sounds like the type of excitement you could live without. Hope you dont keep finding more things fried and that the house isnt damaged too bad.

Carol hope your sinus headache goes away soon.

:clap  isee you found the smiley guys, lol arlene, good for you,, I hardly use them on the desk top, so i culdn't remember where they were when you asked, as( i was on the ipad, lol good to see you found them, they are diff than what is on the ipad, and exclusive to apple, where as these are exclusive to windows, i think, lol  

good to  kee bpusy i  guess, to take you mind off things. glad to see you are busy crcheting..  :yes

Praying for everyone   so much going on... Pineknott so glad it was the tree and not the house, here at the farmthey planted trees so lighteneing would hit them before the house!

snowbear, praying for your Mama,  Feel better Carol...

Sandra, you shouldn't push yourself like that in this heat... I know you do love those boys though!

How are the old eyes doing?

I spent the day going through some of my mom's stuff.... We have a whole storage unit  full of stuff... does anyone even collect candy dishes  any more????

Hugs!

Good Morning

it keeps feeling like the weekend,with visitors from out of state.

sure miss my morning news shows with my coffee,got a four hour chunk of my audio book done,dang that one is 13+ hours long

everyone have a great day

Hi all.

I sure hope things have Improved so sorry PIneknott about the lightening. We had one hit the tree I. The front z couple years ago split off a branch but didn't do any further damage. Landed a little too close for comfort though to my car but luckily no harm done.

Candy dishes what a neat thing to collect!! I have one that my mom loved and never take it out much for fear of breaking it. It is one of those tiered ones white with a a golden edge and handle and I know she loved it. I use it on holidays and such is all

so sorry for your bad news too. BRenda and Arlene. Hugs and healing vibes headed you way a as well.

Hi holly. Listen I kind of re-did the first post's list please all Che k to see if I got you on and got your prefs right thanks all. We need some. Ew blood on that list!! Spread the word lol. I have also changed the birthday and the email addy requirement to optional. Thought maybe that might be putting

Off folks but really. It's free it's not required to send to receive and honestly who wouldn't join?? Is the granny square losing its appeal??

Or what any suggestions ladies.. I know I should. D more proactive and recruit more but I hate to push people. I. Da. They know we are here right it's not. New thread or anything. Sigh I left a few of the members on the. List that I haven't heard from so do note please pm for updated addy if indeed you are sending any squares out. Other than that I guess come winter maybe we will have more to add and make squares for as this is Not keeping me or Carol or. BGs or Tampa or anyone else busy enough lol on the other side I like the small group too as we can really get to know each other better I guess but a few more to square for would be wonderful!! Soo I guess we'll have to start putting out the word lol.

In a way as We don't require our members to send squares and so getting squares is more or less a free thing I really don't know why people aren't just jumping In all the time. Course good chance once they did join they would love it and stay involved lol. Ah perfect world huh lol. A waiting line even lol lined up around the block. Lol. Take a number even!! Now serving 87 lol. Something. You k ow lol. Don't leave us hanging with a granny on our hook with no place for it to go!! Lol. Well tirad over lol.

Other than that nothing new here. I. Almost forgot to call my daughter on bday birth time yesterday. I have never missed a year calling her

At precisely 2:36p.m. Or telling her happy b day at her birth time. Even at school lol. But I remembered and counted down the minutes and made my call on time lol.

I was born at 12:01 pm. We are both not good In The am but at our peak In the pm parts of the day. Lol.

Handy on the other hand was born in the am and has always been a morning person!! Go figure. What time were you all born and does it coincide with what you consider your personal peak time of the day??

. They say it usually does lol. Check it out!! Fact. Or fiction??? Lol

Ok I'll come. Ack I. Later and see you all again!,, laters.

Right now I cant remember the exact time I was born but do remember it was late enough it was almost the next day. I function better in the morning---my work shift for many years started at 5am. I have what I call a metabolic dive between 3 to 8 pm. Thats when I feel tired. My mind is foggy and if I am very still I fall asleep. About 8pm I rev back up and can stay up all night if need be.

A lightening strike is what set my sisters house on fire.

Katy what a neat hotpad. I like our little group too. There just isnt a lot of activity on the 'vlle overall anymore. I think some of us have the link to this cal in our signitures but none of that shows up when using my phone. I sometimes mail out cards to mia's to let them know I am thinking of them and that they are missed. Do you post in the new member welcome thread? If you do you could invite new members to check us out.

Katy, yes letterboxing kind of like treasure hunts too. You can carve your own stamp. And they retire the stamps sometimes after using for a period of time. So if you don't get a certain stamp while it is current, you aren't going to have that one in your letterboxing journal ever. I have carved a stamp for me and one for Mr Tribble (even though he doesn't like letterboxing as much a geocaching - if he goes letterboxing with me he has to participate!!LOL). I know what one I am going to carve for Little Tribble now, so I need to locate my carving items again...

Yes, I love seafood. Shrimp is my favorite. Gimme shrimp. I can eat them like nothing. Fried, grilled. etc. In Fla. I love their Devil Crabs. Those were good. I like crab patties if fixed right. But no matter what Shrimp is always gonna be mine. We have a good restaurant here that serves a good seafood. It is a good old country restaurant.  Especially shrimp. When I have money. I go there. 

Yes, I am with you snowbear. Seafood is my favorite. Unfortunately it is so pricey here that we don't get it often and I can't cook anything seafood, I ruin it.  When we get to go on vacation we usually go to North or South Carolina so we eat all the seafood we can afford while down there! Love it. 

Katy... go for the birthday week...not just the day...

I say go for the week too!! Little Tribble says he wishes every day was his birthday. I told him he'd get old really quickly...

well folks,

we had some excitement here about two hours ago,lightning struck the tree out front sending bark flying,inside the house it fried the modem and our kitchen tv,modem's been replaced,tv maybe Wednesday

Glad you are back and hope you get your tv soon!

It's free it's not required to send to receive and honestly who wouldn't join?? Is the granny square losing its appeal??

I was born at 12:01 pm. We are both not good In The am but at our peak In the pm parts of the day. Lol.
Handy on the other hand was born in the am and has always been a morning person!! Go figure. What time were you all born and does it coincide with what you consider your personal peak time of the day??

t

hey say it usually does lol. Check it out!! Fact. Or fiction??? Lol

Born after midnight I think, I work night shifts but have always been a nighttime person even when young. Little Tribble was born after 11pm he has always been a nighttime person either. In fact I am so dreading school starting tomorrow, he is horrible when woken up in the mornings! Plus I don't like to get up either! LOL

Geocaching was fun. Little Tribble went for a while then was ready to go back home so took him to stay with grandma for a couple of hours.  We left Little Tribble with grandma and found a couple more and put our cache out. We have a couple travel bugs in it (they go from place to place with geocachers who take pictures with them then place in another cache.). Hope people find it soon. So exciting. I have been trying to come up with ideas for treasure to put in caches. We got a cache where a cacher paints the back of a penny then adds her name to the little baggie that she puts it in. I want to do something like that, something small that can be a collectible from cache to cache.

Had open house for Little Tribble on Monday then ran to the store. Back to work today. We ran out of time to do my hair again... LOL maybe this weekend. Put that on my list to do 1st!

Have a wonderful night all!

Good Morning. Let's see I was born sometime before noon.  When I was young, before working, I loved staying up late and watching old horror movies, really bad horror movies.  Ones we would laugh at now.  Then I went to work and I was better in the mornings, cause by 5 pm my brain would shut down.  Many a times I was called in like 1,2 or even 4 in the morning.  (phone company work).

I am working on the new tote and just have to do the pockets now.

Off to see what is going on in the world.

Good morning

well first thing,the computer said I didn't have access to open my computer,that took a number of hours,I don't know why its giving me fits

I just about know where everything is and then he says he's getting me a windows 10 and bluetooth speaker system,so if you don't see me around,I must have taken a wrong turn on the www,superhighway

Just wanted to quickly say - "hi".

I vowed never to do a 'ghan during Summer but June came and went. 'Ghan still was not done. It has gotten unbearably hot but while dripping sweat, I finally completed the 'ghan and it is almost ready to be handed off except for a few stray ends to be cleaned up.

A BIG thank you - to all of you who sent me squares. I really appreciate it so much.

I have some that I didn't include in this one that I will be using for a baby 'ghan and other accessory items.

Katy- I don't need any more squares at the moment but will send some squares along to others when I get a chance.:)

post-3193-0-91374300-1471459172_thumb.jpeg

Mary Jo we have a station that plays those old horror movies on Sat nights. The best part is the host's (in spooky attire and set) comments. I never watched these movies until these past few years.

Tribble I knew about geocaching but had to look up letterboxing. It would be most interesting seeing the different stamps people create.

Linda hope it doesnt take long to get used to the new system. Maybe it wont be too bad and we can at least hope it will be better.

Well its going to take 3 super sized puffies to stuff these into (21 little ghans for badrhinogillett.

post-11309-0-06001400-1471458610_thumb.jpg

well,see he uses mine as a guinea pig test vehicle,wish he wouldn't!!, he was determined it should have windows 10,this computer fought it,that was the start of problems,then two days ago he decided to put bluetooth on it,again the system balked,and now has more tempermental problems,sigh,its annoying to have the thing stop for no good reason

Archived