Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Hi ya all. First of all that ghan is really a heart stopper wow that is really something great job!!! And Bgs sheesh woman you put us all to shame 2Is a hec of a total!!, good job!!!

I what 7 when my card went out and the new puter has pro 10. And it is a snap I am fine with it!! Hope you all get that figured out soon lol. Tips and help you can find step by step help online on you tube too with pics and or video. I have heard that updating fromWindows 8 Seems to be a pain in the neck for some. If that is what you had.
Actually I first had Windows 95. Then milleneum the n Xp then then vista then 7 then to 8 and finally ended up with pro 10 lol.
Going back to the beginning.
At the first of my computer history lol. .

Does anyone remember word perfect??? Lol come on you know you do!!

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy such splendid eye candy today. And yes Bgs I shall start doing the new member threa agai. I did for sometime but didn't seem to help me much at that time lol.

Thank you for reminding to start that up again.

Having late supper as we had. A late lunch so I'll be back later!!! Nice job on the pretties ladies!!

Just wanted to quickly say - "hi".

I vowed never to do a 'ghan during Summer but June came and went. 'Ghan still was not done. It has gotten unbearably hot but while dripping sweat, I finally completed the 'ghan and it is almost ready to be handed off except for a few stray ends to be cleaned up.

A BIG thank you - to all of you who sent me squares. I really appreciate it so much.

I have some that I didn't include in this one that I will be using for a baby 'ghan and other accessory items.

Katy- I don't need any more squares at the moment but will send some squares along to others when I get a chance. :)

Gorgeous ghan! Such pretty colors.

Mary Jo we have a station that plays those old horror movies on Sat nights. The best part is the host's (in spooky attire and set) comments. I never watched these movies until these past few years.

Tribble I knew about geocaching but had to look up letterboxing. It would be most interesting seeing the different stamps people create.

Linda hope it doesnt take long to get used to the new system. Maybe it wont be too bad and we can at least hope it will be better.

Well its going to take 3 super sized puffies to stuff these into (21 little ghans for badrhinogillett.

attachicon.gif20160817_131823.jpg

The stamps are great fun! I'll edit this post and show you all the two I have carved. I carved an Ogre Doug (for Mr Tribble who's name is Doug) Ogre Doug is from the Cartoon wallykazam. I caved a brain for me. I am weird and collect brain items. This one I named brainstorm as I love storms and I used a little lightning bolt on the bottom of the brain....

post-73457-0-14767600-1471482512_thumb.jpg

post-73457-0-05148300-1471482543_thumb.jpg

Slept today so I could work tonight. I think I might have to straighten up the house tomorrow. I don't know how my family get things such a mess in 2 days! How It looks again like a cyclone hit. LOL

Little Tribbles first day of school was fine. The teacher didn't have to talk to me so I consider that a plus lol. Says he had a good time. He was so tired tonight I kept having to keep him awake. He was excited, woke up this morning at 5am and never went back to sleep. Hopefully sleep will be on track a bit better tonight as he has soccer practice tomorrow also. He told me the rain was absolutely preposterous as he didn't get to play outside at recess and didn't get to see his favorite little girlfriend.

Have a good night all;!

whatever was before 10,it not quite two yrs old

It was probably windows 8 then. We ordered our laptop a little over 2 years ago and went with 7 because I was hearing how awful windows 8 was. People were so unhappy with 8 that Microsoft offered 10 up thru end of July for free. I have also heard that in some cases 10 downloaded automatically on some people.

Just wanted to quickly say - "hi".

I vowed never to do a 'ghan during Summer but June came and went. 'Ghan still was not done. It has gotten unbearably hot but while dripping sweat, I finally completed the 'ghan and it is almost ready to be handed off except for a few stray ends to be cleaned up.

A BIG thank you - to all of you who sent me squares. I really appreciate it so much.

I have some that I didn't include in this one that I will be using for a baby 'ghan and other accessory items.

Katy- I don't need any more squares at the moment but will send some squares along to others when I get a chance.:)

Its so exciting to see a finished one and its gorgeous.

Hi ya all. First of all that ghan is really a heart stopper wow that is really something great job!!! And Bgs sheesh woman you put us all to shame 21Is a hec of a total!!, good job!!!

I what 7 when my card went out and the new puter has pro 10. And it is a snap I am fine with it!! Hope you all get that figured out soon lol. Tips and help you can find step by step help online on you tube too with pics and or video. I have heard that updating fromWindows 8 Seems to be a pain in the neck for some. If that is what you had.

Actually I first had Windows 95. Then milleneum the n Xp then then vista then 7 then to 8 and finally ended up with pro 10 lol.

Going back to the beginning.

At the first of my computer history lol. .

Does anyone remember word perfect??? Lol come on you know you do!!

We had Word Perfect. In a lot of ways I liked it better than Word, but when I did my master's, I had to use Word.

ok back to say nighty night, lol  i am wore out from the day tonight, and am going to hit the pillows soon.. you ms crochetfan   are the first one to post a finished a friendship ghan on this newly started thread!!! And it is simply gorgeous!! thanks for sharing!!  and ms, brenda, that is some stack of sweetness there my friend, and will be hugely appreciated by the recipient for her charity!! how generous, and how lovely....

and so, with that in mind, have good dreams all, and I will see you in the am. night now........ :hug  hugs for all   :ghug

Gorgeous ghan! Such pretty colors.

The stamps are great fun! I'll edit this post and show you all the two I have carved. I carved an Ogre Doug (for Mr Tribble who's name is Doug) Ogre Doug is from the Cartoon wallykazam. I caved a brain for me. I am weird and collect brain items. This one I named brainstorm as I love storms and I used a little lightning bolt on the bottom of the brain....

attachicon.gif20160814_205727.jpg

attachicon.gif20160814_205646.jpg

Slept today so I could work tonight. I think I might have to straighten up the house tomorrow. I don't know how my family get things such a mess in 2 days! How It looks again like a cyclone hit. LOL

Little Tribbles first day of school was fine. The teacher didn't have to talk to me so I consider that a plus lol. Says he had a good time. He was so tired tonight I kept having to keep him awake. He was excited, woke up this morning at 5am and never went back to sleep. Hopefully sleep will be on track a bit better tonight as he has soccer practice tomorrow also. He told me the rain was absolutely preposterous as he didn't get to play outside at recess and didn't get to see his favorite little girlfriend.

Have a good night all;!

aw how cute his first first gril, lol                 he is a cutie !! hope he enjoyed the rest of the day!!! :waving

Good way early morning.

Been so busy that I finally had a chance to sit and read and comment.

Beautiful afghans!

Killed a wasp next out on the patio. I really really can't stand bees. I know why I try to stay inside.

I love flowers but have none in my yard cause I totally can't stand bee's and and bugs. Drive me insane.

Flowers track bees so none for me.

Hope everyone is doing good and will check in again.

Flowers also attract Butterflies.  I would love to put a Butterfly garden in my back, but just can't do it.

We had Windows 8 before 10.  Did not like 10 at the beginning, especially the mail.  You can't make folders say for patterns in e-mails and infor from friends and such.  You get use to 10.  My new computer came with 10 on it, so I had no choice.

Love the afghan it is so pretty and colorful.

Wow Brenda, you have been busy.

Up at 6 this AM with the sinus's driving me crazy.  You would think with the rain, it would keep the pollen count down.  This is my worst time of the year, as the rag weed is flourishing.

I am working on the next tote and it is almost finished.

Off to see what the rest of the ville is up to.  Have fun today.

Brenda we use to have a guy called Shocky Doc.  He was the host on the show in Philly, then there was Elvira.  If they ever show it on your channel you have to watch the original Little Shop of Horrors, it is hysterical.

Good afternoon

we haven't seen bees in the yard for a few years now.Wasps yes,they are still around,have been stung a few times.

we got the replacement tv yesterday,ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh its nice,and I enjoyed GMA with my coffee this a.m.

Mary Jo I remember Elvira. I always changed the channel when she came on as I didnt watch those movies back then. We watch Svengoolie who hosted them in the Chicago area but is now on METV. They always tell us how wonderful the new operating systems are but seems like they always take away features we like so we have to figure out work arounds. One thing that I wasnt happy with was starting with 8 you could no longer play dvds (purchased ones) unless you buy the software to do it. Now that I am used to my smartphone I dont think 8 would seem so bad.

I miss our honey bees buzzing around. Most of them werent too bad but every once in awhile we would get a mean one that would chase us back to the house after messing around in their hive.

Hi all. Well speaking g of bees I may be allergic I dunno as I have never even once got stung lol. I am happy but don't k ow if I need to carry one of those bee sting kits as I don't really know you know lol.

DAughter was almost stung by a wasp once but our doggie blond German Shepard was No going to let her girl get stung so fist she snapped at it and then on the ground in the garage .which b brought it down on the floor and then promptly stepped on it and when the threat was dead she then ate it to be sure!! DAughter often still tells of her body guard Boo lol. As far as I know she too has ne er been stung.

Maybe they just don't lik our blood cause mosquitos don't bother us either lol.

Wow is it almost time for another lovely toe ?? this month is going fast.

BGs I love butterflies and to watch them as they ust go bopping around with no direct intention tasting things with their feet. Fascinating creatures as are humming birds.

I have been stung several times by wasps and bees. I get pretty large (plate sized) red swollen areas. The worst one was one my face and my eyes didnt quite swell shut. I have one of those syringe suction kits and if I can use it it helps a lot. I dont keep an epi pen as so far they are just severe localized reactions. Some of my stings have been really stupid like getting stung by a dead wasp while fishing something out of a trash can. A worker honey bee dies when she stings. Drones have no stinger and the queen can sting multiple times but she only leaves the hive a couple of times----mating flight and if they swarm. Bumble bees and wasps arent eviserated when they sting so they sting multiple times. They just had the butterfly festival at Powell Gardens but we didnt have time to go this year. I like watching the hummingbirds. I dont seem to have as many this year.

I've been stung a few times by bees. I love the dog story katy! That is awesome. Mr Tribble is allergic and we have to pack an epi pen everywhere we go... Little Tribble has never been stung, I hope if he is ever stung he's not allergic also.

Nothing done again today, slept for a few hours before heading back to work... LOL.

Have a good night all!

Hi all. Well speaking g of bees I may be allergic I dunno as I have never even once got stung lol. I am happy but don't k ow if I need to carry one of those bee sting kits as I don't really know you know lol.

DAughter was almost stung by a easp once but our doggie blond German Shepard was No going to let her gel get stung so fist she snapped T i. One the garage which brought it down on the floor and then promptly stepped on it and when the threat was dead she then ate it to be sure!! DAughter often still tells of her body guard Boo lol. As far as I know she too has ne er been stung.

Maybe they just don't lik our blood cause mosquitos don't bother us either lol.

Wow is it almost time for another lovely toe ?? this month is going fast.

BGs I love butterflies and to watch them as they ust go bopping around with no direct intention tasting things with their feet. Fascinating creatures!!

Our first year back in Va. I was eaten up by mosqutoes,they didn't bother me afterwards until they operated on my wrist,for two yrs now,I can 't go out without putting on repellent otherwise they feast on me.

Good Morning everyone.

I remember going to the Delaware Water Gap in Sept. and there were yellow jackets all around.  We stopped to eat, but it was a maze trying to do that with the Jackets around.  My little sister at one point just bit into her sandwich, that had some yellow jackets on it and chomped away.  We laughed, because nothing was going to keep my little sister from eating.

I stay away from all those stingy things.  Mosquitoes just love me.  There could be a bunch of people out and I would be the only one bit.  When I worked out in the yard, I always had repellent on.  I go out and get the paper and get bit.  Guess I am just sweet.  When they see me coming they yell LUNCH!!!!!! 

Have fun today.

Daughters father in law (a friend of ours) just found out yesterday the cancer is also in his brain. It was a very sad day. He goes today to find out what they are going to start doing. :(

I've been fighting a migraine for a few days and I think it's kicking my butt. Woke up to a very pounding head. So hoping it goes away today.

Daughter leaves for college today. :( I know she needs to go but I will miss her a lot. I wish summer wasn't over yet,

Hi everyone!!  I am checking in before I am off to do the duties of the day-haha

Owlvamp- I hope your headache clears up and that is a shame about your friend.  My dd will be moving  back in to college soon so I understand your sadness.

As a 4 yr old, I witnessed my brother getting stung a dozen or so times from playing "war".  He had the unfortunate luck of picking up a crab apple over where laid a nest of ground bees.  They are the most aggressive bees I have ever seen. My eyes were as big as saucers as I watched him run. He was like that in the cartoons where the swarm follows a character as they run. It was horrible. He does have an epi pen and mowing the grass can be deadly to him, today.

Oh holly that poor kid. And crochet fan wow scarey is right. Our old neighbor had he a nest of ground bees horrible to get rid of of too!, poor thing. And I hope little trib isn't allergic either!! . They say everyone that has not been stung should still have the kit just in case so I was wondering. And Bgs a dinner plate my goodness that is horrible you poor thing too. I don't t see many humming birds either this year . some years we have had many some years.not so many.

And PIneknot sitting back with her am coffe and watching a brand new tv at that lol.

Nothing much going on today so humid I'm gonna make some jello this am lol to match the the air and I'm putting in those peaches I prepared and froze lol for desert later tonight. I have finally got them all used up.

I blanched them in boiling water for 20 Or so seconds then removed them and immediately put them in a pot of ice water and a few minutes later removed them and the skin just came off so very easy. Then cut and put them in zip lock and there they be waiting to be made into some goodies!! The cobbler is gone and that was good!!

Have not felt 100% for a couple days what with the ragweed count up but this too shall pass I guess. I may run out later for mor Claritin d I've only got a coup,e days left I think but other than that just your normal every day stuff you know. Might do a load of towels too before it gets too hot!!

Its really interesting how a lot of people call all stinging insects bees. I cant tell you how often bee keepers get calls from people wanting them to come catch a swarm of honey bees only to find out they are really bumble bees yellow jackets or hornets.

Sandra so sorry for your friend. My heart just falls every time I hear the the word cancer because I know the heartache it can cause.

Mary Jo thats why I hate going to picnics and eating outside. I am always afraid of a yellow jacket getting in my can of diet coke and me swallowing it. I prefer a bottle in those instances and keep the lid on it.

#1 gosh that was awful your brother getting stung like that and you seeing it. I saw the troll you have been working on. Cant wait to see how you add the hair. I still have my plastic troll from when I was a kid but somehow lost the hair. I remember it was red and I loved braiding and twisting it

Already decided on supper tonight. Greenbeans potatoes cucumbers and tomatoes all from our garden and cobbler from our blackberry patch. Will cook a couple of pork steaks in with the beans and potatoes.

Archived