Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really really needed to mow here today but it rained all night and is raining now. Dh would have helped me today and its going to be heat advisory hot by the time it dries enough for me to do it.

Way to go katy first on the new wish list. Need to wait til I turn the pc on to get mine up. Oh you might want to add "super saver" to your wish for redheart white yarn as they make multiple yarns.

Mary Jo please show your Aug table and tree. I always enjoyed them and miss seeing them. Hows it coming on the shawl?

I just finished the table.  TG will take the picture later, we just finished the wash and it has worn both of us out.

I have some adjustments to do to the tree, before I can do that, some of the lights only light when they feel like it.  Got to check it out first.

The shawl is sitting in my C'ville bag.  I had to put it up, as I was doing nothing but tearing it out.  I will give it a couple of days, then go back.  If not, I will throw it into a corner and never touch it again.  The part that is giving me trouble is the cable, I have to keep reminding myself, that, that is the way it is suppose to look.

Heat is up, off to my corner and my fan.

Have fun.

I posted my Wish list and thank you for telling us Tampa Doll. I do attended to forget about it. With everything going on its hard to look at everything and finding myself just going to a couple sites and staying off the computer.

Thought I would pop in and say Good Night.

Off to take out the trash, put out the pills for tomorrow and change into to my comfy jammies.

Good Night everyone, see you in the Morning.

It's very windy here today so typical of Nebraska. Weather lol hope it is t not going to go back to that heat again.

Haven't accomplished much today. A few normal chores oh and I vacuumed while the max mice were snoozing earlier. Haven't seen too much of them today they are probably hiding from max. It's their favorite game.

What happened in Maryland?? There are a lot of flooding pics. and such scenes of flooding. Says it happens in like 10 minutes. Wow.

Ok might have found my combination today for the aspen. Lol. Here is a swatch lol. I found 3 or 4 skeins isn frosty green by RHSS so that will be maybe color number two ! lol here is a pic of the two together. Looks good to me.post-40621-0-75119800-1470101538_thumb.jpg not written in stone yet. Bit close to what I wanted anyway. I have either buff or soft white to go with if I need to.

I'll try those next, till I get it right !! Later gang keep cool. ????????????????❤️post-40621-0-00883600-1470105478_thumb.jpeg

Mary Jo loved seeing your table. Those dresses and petticoats would be so hot. I dont do well in long skirts---I get them caught on everything including my shoes and also shut in doors. I hope you get the shawl figured out. If I remember it correctly it was pretty much all cables and the cables are intertwined with the adjacent cables.

Katy looks like those colors are working out ok together

Good Morning everyone.

Another bright and beautiful day here in Florida.

Katy I love the square with the blue on the edging.  I thought it was at first a little dull, but when you added that blue, it just pops out.

Thank you Brenda. I would be falling on my face everytime I walked in those dresses.

I just have to get it into my head that the cable is right, even though it looks wrong.  Have you ever had a project that no matter what you did it looked wrong, so you put it aside for a couple of days, then YEAH that is it.

Working on the tree this morning, and hope I get the address for the tote today.

Have a fun day.

Katy I like the one edged in blue the best too and I sort of think I would like the other square better if the solid was in the center and the varigated was on the outside. Then I think the two squares would look look really good next too each other. The blue seems to pull out or brighten up the colors in the varigated.

Mary Jo besides walking how did they ever sit down in all the petticoats and fabric and some dresses had hoops. Not to mention being laced up in corsets. I have problems with some patterns because I cant visualize how it is getting there but usually if I dont over think it and just follow the pattern a row at a time it generally works out and then I think aha thats how they did it. I imagine the beginning of this is looking really odd but will look like the photo the farther along you get.

Cloudy this morning with high humidity and the heat bulding back up.

Morning all was up and out early and the mice were still as they were when I went to bed.!!

Well I got up late last night and made a couple more diff squares and I think I have just decided to make them all a little diff and edge them I. The soft white. I think the one with the blue pops too is my fav

and will def make more like that lol. Here' is a couple combos I came up with. Well I didn't take a pic I guess but I will soon. They all look ok to me so far the one with promenant blue too pops more I've yet to make one trimmed in aspen though maybe that's my next one to try lol oh

Oh, snowflake asked me to pass along the info that her brother In-. Law is not in good shape at all she asks for your healing thoughts for him.

I'll be in later till the hot here too rained a lot last night and might have more today as it is overcast. Later ladies.

Hello all. Been sort of a slow day around here I guess. I did finely take a pic of some of the squares I tried out in different combos. . See if you can pic a favorite lol. Back later. Not sure I am quite sold on the aspen I dunno. Lolpost-40621-0-22476700-1470185318_thumb.jpeg

Good Morning.

I'm enjoying my coffee before I get busy today. I need to vacuum and do a little cleaning. Then I hope to do some sewing before I head to my daughter's house for the night. I'll be bringing the baby to my house tomorrow because my other daughter and grandchildren will be visiting for the day. My daughter went to the orthopedist yesterday for her back. The diagnosis is a degenerated disk at the base of her spine, the doctor told her to take ibuprofen for the pain when she needs and to stretch every day and get in the pool as often as possible (they have pool in the backyard). I'm hoping it will be limited to one disk and not like my mother's progressive disk disease.

We had storms off and on throughout the day yesterday and some really amazing lightning when I was driving home last night. Hopefully, today the weather will be a little nicer.

Guess that's about it for me. Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning.  Got a late start this morning. 

I took the string of lights that only worked when it felt like it and once I took them down, they said nope I am tired.  So out they went.  I then went on a hunt for the others I had and found them with no trouble.  I forgot where I put them and the box they were in said Tree Lights.

Anyway, the new string is on and the tree is decorated with flowers and butterflies.  Picture will come later.

I made a pencil topper that is a Christmas Elf yesterday.  It takes maybe 1/2 and hour or so.  I am going to try thread today.  The baby yarn is a little to big.

I have posted the first set of clues for the tote, as it is on the stoop waiting to be picked up.

I ordered a wig for my Mammy doll, who's hair has decided to dry out and fall off.  I ordered it the other day and I will get it today.  I had to go on ebay to find one.  Wow really fast service.

Right now I am watching a show on training camps for Football.  Yeah :clap  :cheer  :clap  :cheer 

I am laughing as 3 commentators are complaining about the heat and humidity, and they are sitting in an air conditioned room. Wimps   The team in the background is practicing in the heat in pads.

Ok enough, I know not many are fans, but I wait from Feb till now for the game to come back.

I just ordered some scrubby yarn from Mary Maxim.  It is normally $4.99 a skein, today till 11:59 PM it is only $1.99 a skein.  Could not, not order it. :D  

Have a fun day.

Mary Jo those lights can be so frustrating. I think you have the right idea leaving it up year round as I noticed last year how hard it was getting to be just carrying it back and forth to the attic. Glad you found a wig for the doll. Chiefs training camp has been the daily news story here. The Andy Reid look alike from Philly has been here too and started one of the news conferences before Andy came out.

Just waiting for the grass to dry so I can go mow for the next 4 hours.

Hey ya holly thanks still working on the combos though lol

CArol hope it's just the one disc too that can be painful. Glad you are enjoying your days with baby!!

MJ. About those lights lol. They are the least reliable thing I. The world!! Tree lights is where I would look too lol

LInda comp freeze that is strange hope it is just a temp thing

BGs and Tampa we are not football fans!! I know you have heard stoeies avout all nebrasans are Big Red fans but in reality we're not lol. In fact don't watch much sports at all sooooo lol.

We'll have been busy today trip to the store o e to the Menards with handy ate out now I'm home and will crochet a while and relax lol

Got the things ordered that I wanted to get for daughter b day and most of them will come on Monday so I am set. Still only need the cherries that I forgot to get today lol and the pie crusts. Sigh lol if I make a list I forget to bring it anyway lol

so I'll leave your own devices and crochet a bit. I thunk I might have this aspen thing worked out lol we,see lol.

Archived