Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pretty Katy.  I like the blue better, I think it just makes it look better, but that is mho.

As for football, I only like the pros.  I am not college or anything.  Sorry, but I may make reference them once in a while.  With that I only watch 2 Football and Hockey, no basketball or baseball.

Finished 2 pencil toppers.  I will get pictures tomorrow.  One regular and as TG calls him, one mini-me.

Katy we dont watch much sports here either. Dh used to like baseball until the year they had the big strike and he gave it up until the past couple of years when the Royals came to life. He still cant watch them very much as we only have antenna tv and their games are mostly on cable. Years ago I used to watch football. Between the new teams and the ones that have moved I dont even know the teams anymore. Catching the scores and highlights on the news is usually good enough for me.

It was a hot 4 hours out on the mower. Had to stop halfway through to cool down rehydrate. Then I had to rush in and fix supper. Now I am beat.

Hi all,

Been in and out all day. Finally got the grass mowed but, then it looked a hay field out there. So I had to rake it and carry the grass to the road. So then some weeds and grass growing up on the sidewalk was bothering so I plucked those up. Then made 3 loaves a bread and give one to the Elders of our church. I still need to rake the front yard but I am extremely exhausted so it will happen tomorrow.

Got supper made and did the dishes. Folded 3 loads of laundry. Changed my sheets and now need to wash my blankets. That will happen tomorrow. I am done for today I think. If I can find an ounce of energy I might do something. Need to let the blister on my thumb heal.

Well we do sometimes watch some of the World Series but only if we know a fav team to root for. And we like the

Winter spots on the olympics I guess and the gymnastics but really if we don't catch them on we really dont t go channel surfing for them lol

And the only time I have seen football anything is when daughter was I high school and performed at the halftimes at home games in dance or flag or band.

that's it. Lol. And I wasn't watching the game anyway I was sitting with a lot of moms and we all just chatted lol.

I don't watch much tv really anymore anyway. Did anyone try that link I posted fo relaxation music. It's great. And there are so many to chose from!!

Well squares all for me unless I think of something else lol. See ya later

Hi all. Just got home from work. Gonna try to sleep for a bit, but will be back up at 5 to get DH off to work and to feed Jade ( who has a bit of a cold, but is being such a trooper. ) she hasn't had any fever or lack of appetite so I'm real happy about that.

She is her big brothers #1 girl at the moment. lol, he loves his other two sisters, but she's HIS baby. He tells me that I birthed her, but she's his. Lol.

I got the diaper cake finished, and have also finished the Sophie for my friends baby. I only did to the point that it squared up, then finished it off. It's more of a keepsake lovey than a blanket. I just have to hide all those pesky ends before the 13th. I'll have to post a picture of it later as my phone just told me that it refuses to take any more ????

post-39682-0-13095300-1470309447_thumb.jpg

post-39682-0-99209700-1470309471_thumb.jpg

Good Morning.

My grandbaby is still sleeping so I thought I would pop in to say hello before the day really gets going.

Katie, the squares are very pretty.

Sandra, Linda and Brenda, you all make me tired just reading your posts about yard work. My dad still does the yard work at our house with some help from my brother.

MaryJo, I don't follow football or any other sports. But I can tell when there is an important game on the TV because the neighbors and my dad watch it on the TV in the garage and I can hear the yelling.

Immafreek, I hope Jade is feeling better, she is adorable. The diaper cake looks great.

I stopped at AC Moore and got my oldest granddaughter's birthday gift yesterday, I can't believe she is turning 10 already, she had been talking about wanting a telescope she saw at AC Moore. I really liked that I had a 55% off coupon so the $25 telescope cost me $11 and change. Today I am really looking forward to spending time with my oldest daughter and all 3 grandkids today. We will be going to lunch and the mall, then we will hang out at my house and have dinner. Guess thats about it for me.

Have a great day!

Good Morning.

Clouds are moving in and I can here the thunder.  Was up early and got the pool brushed down and put some chlorine in.  With all the rain we have been getting, the chemicals are low.  I do have to get in and test the water and brush down more of it.  That will have to wait.

Yesterday I got a nice surprise in the mail.  It was a homemade post card.  I will get pictures later.  It is really pretty with a nice note one the back.

My Mammy doll's hair is fall out, so on Monday I ordered a new wig.  I figured it would take a week to get her, but WaLa there it was in my mailbox.  That was another nice surprise.  So today Mammy will get new hair.

That is about it for my day.

Have fun and I do hope Jade is feeling better today.  That is a beautiful picture of her and her brother.

Cshort have a nice nap.

Good morning!!

Today will tackle the vacuum and finish cleaning my room plus get the yard raked.

Straighten up the kitchen and dining room.

Finished the Watermelon bag last night so will get pictures and post sometime today.

Awe baby Jade and big brother are bonding. I love that. Diaper cake looks awesome. I love making them.

Sandra I like to at least get the grass raked up near the house so not as much gets tracked in. We use the grass clippings in our garden to keep the weeds smothered out between the raised beds.

Katy the squares are looking pretty good with the off white and just enough blue to brighten things up. Its hard to be objective since blue is my favorite color.

Sorry Jade has a cold. Such a sweet photo. Can really see her growing. Love the diaper cake.

My allergies are in high gear today one of the side affects from mowing. Think I will just piddle around inside today as much as possible. I have a pork tenderloin roast in the oven I have to keep an eye on anyway and the cat wants to be chased. Its going to be another heat advisory day here.

We are always driving by the stadiums so I keep track of the Royals and Chiefs games so we know when to take a different route. Dont want to be in that traffic when the games are over. When the Chiefs are playing its a good time to run errands as there is much less traffic out and the stores are not crowded.

Ok try it one more time.

Nice pic Lacey hope j

He always looks after her. That is one for the album!!

New hair for mammy. Wow I. BEt she is excited about her make over!!

Carol you sure are enjoying your time off. Enjoy your family today!!

Owlvamp can you send me some of your energy o er night express!!!

I did the bathrooms yesterday I had gotten some kaboom or kabam whatever that is and it seems to work pretty well so that is done. This am I vaxummed the living room and with my stick vac the KItxhen too.

Paid my bills yesterday and that is done what else oh cleaned up the craft room a bit putting things back where they go and such. I am all clean now.

Maxie was hiding from his mouses oe vice versa. That rug is singly all his lol. Otherwise it would be gone gut he loves it and fights with it lol and hides I. It. Lol. This was taken this am. Apparently mousey wanted in I. Too as soon we saw Maxie's little white tipped paw reach out and pull him in lol.

Ok PIneknot where are you today lol

post-40621-0-36571000-1470323537_thumb.jpegpost-40621-0-99326300-1470323554_thumb.jpeg

Hot one here today so humid it's like jello air lol. Gonna be too hot to cook tonight so I think we'll have turkey club sandwiches with fresh out of the garden sliced tomatoes. Much cooler meal and fruit on the side I have grapes and peaches and a couple nanos left lol

I'll just toss it in a bowl and serve lol

Are you all keeping cool??

Humm that's curious Linda wonder what the prob is. Anyone know why it would be doing that

Well I have a. NEw idea for those squares and will show you all in the. Next few days lol. My whole thought was to use up the aspen but I don't t think I can lol not with this project. Oh well moving along lol. How does mammy like her make over?? Now all the others will want new hair too!! You have started something!!

I just a couple months ago gave two life size baby dolls away as it wasn't fair to them to spend most of their lives in

A bin

So I dressed in blue for boy and pink for the girl very cute lol and took them off to the child care center here I. Town. I only used them. Very briefly for hats and stuff measurements. This way they will get loved and played with!! The kids loved them right away and I also took a bunch of Kids color books and some crayons for them. If I see cute things sometimes in places I will take them there too they ere so appreciative.

Lol. Ok off for now I Ust heard the neighbor at the door but ignored it as handy isn't here anyway and that who he will want to talk too so. Why upset my work table and beat feet just to tell him he's not here. He probably didn't notice duh the truck is gone I don't drive it lol. There for ???? I'm hoping some of those things I ordered for daughter comes soo!! They are all est for Monday!!

Well. Back to work ladies. See ya after while!!!oh Carol. My daughter got a telescope too one year and still has it set up I. Her apt I'm glad she sill uses it!! as she is on the third floor of their building and she has it ther to see all around. Lol. I remember running out to Sears one lunch hour to get it! Ha.

Archived