Granny Squares for those that need them cal 2018

Good Morning

took me over an hour to get in here,even a mcafee warning

its 6 degrees cooler and at 6:30 wasn't humid at all,now,the games changed,sigh, glad I watered when it was mild

hope its an easy fix for you,Owlvamp,I don't get migraines,but what I call heat headache,when the house gets too warm

we have started running two fans to move the air around,well folks,try and stay cool and hydrated

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary Jo any size ball will do. Nothing is to small. Thank you

Today working on a red white and blue bag. Just regular Red Heart Super Saver yarn. It's what I had then going to make a watermelon one.

Sad thing we already fixed the air conditioner last month and now something else. The fan started back up last night so maybe it just got to hot and turned itself off. She still coming to look at it today and hopefully nothing. I sure hope so. I was miserable all evening.

Here is part of the red, white and blue one. What do you think of the validated part? I was easing up to the white and will do the same for the blue. Or do you think I should tear out the variate part (red and white) and go all solid?

post-73065-0-69678600-1469542161_thumb.jpeg

Here is part of the red, white and blue one. What do you think of the validated part? I was easing up to the white and will do the same for the blue. Or do you think I should tear out the variate part (red and white) and go all solid?

The variegated part.  It is a good transition from the red to the white.  Do you have a blue and white to ease us to the blue?

Sandra  the  bag looks wonderful but I am concerned about your migraine... it will be another hot one today ( already is) I blocked off the livingroom and am holed up in our room, one bath  and the kitchen.. Got up early to do the outside stuff...

cshort.. hope your daughter is on the mend... if you are like me you love being there, yet miss your home.

bgs...I could have gotten banned if Amy had a mental picture of me in my undies in front of the fan..LOL..

MJ, you must have super air to want to heat up the oven in JUly... I had baked chicken on our menu for tonight and am going with chicken salad!

pineknott... we have a couple fans going here too...

Katie, that's why I am here... its all about the LOLs :lol

Mary Jo I was wondering if there was going to be an Aug tote or not. Maybe thats why you were having problems with the shawl. Your hands knew they should be doing something else.

Sandra glad the ac is working again. I like the varigated transition on the bag.

I pulled apart the little afghan and am starting over. I will try to pay attention to the pooling this time

Our overnight temps have finally started dropping into the 70's but today the humidity is high 92% so its going to be a sticky one.

Oh Sandra it's probably the "squirel cage". / blower fan that need oiling that was our prob and handy took it ou of and re oiled and cleaned it all. Blows out better and stronger I think than it has ever. Also the coils may need cleaning if you have pets the hair gets I. There and they tend to freeze up and that stops your flow as well both require someone that knows a bit about central units however it is not an ametuer job lol. I hope it gets back on soon. Those are two of the most common things anyway. All acs around here were just not keeping up so good I. The humidity and drastic heat.

T though. Just sayin.

I use my yarn balls on grannys Sandra but will save you any cotton balls to connect lol.

PIneknot our weather is not t oo. bAd this week so we are enjoying it while it lasts. have made a meatloaf in a crock but prefer the oven too in cooler weather. I have never used the microwave though.

BGs lol I have done that before lol I tell ya sometimes this perfectionist thing about me is aggravating but if I don't it will bother me to no end. Lol.

Hi Carol hope your daughter improves soon. A back pain is miserable.

Snow bear I am not sure if there is A wish list right now but you can post in the in search of thread. You might get lucky!!

REmember I have the pink I will send you first of the month ok.

Well ladies it's time to get some more done. I contemplating on frogging a row or two of this latest baby ghan It didn't want to lie flat so I lightly blocked it misted it put a towel and somethings g heavy on it and this am looks fine. So I dunno now hahaha. I'll think about it some more later.

Snow bear I am not sure if there is A wish list right now but you can post in the in search of thread. You might get lucky!!

There is still a wish list and next month there will be a new one.  Terri is looking at one a year.  Post it in January 2017 and have it go all year.  There has not been much activity on it lately.  Neither myself nor Terri have had any one ask us for addresses.

This is what happened to the swaps also.  Very little participation.  It got to the point, where it was the same people for each swap.

Off to make Linner, that is Lunch and Dinner. :D 

Thanks Mary Jo. I think one four times a year one for each season would be more convenient for me anyway and a new list each time but you know it's not up to me lol. I seldom ask for addresses as I have a lot of them already lol. Or I just message them myself if I don't have them. I didn't know I guess or think to ask anyone else lol.

One a year or them lasting for a year would hardly be worth the trouble in my opinion Looking at keeping them current that long would be a much more time consuming process than just starting a fresh list each list buIt like I say not my decision.

Too bad about the swaps too but that is progress I guess. I did however enjoy the give always and am sure they will be soon lying on the cutting room floor as well soon. Seems before that happens some of those games could go lol IMO. But it is what it is my friends and we take the good and the bad huh.

Well I. Off for a bit back later enjoy Liner mj!!

I am making pulled bbq pork in the crock pot for supper. I will make my own homemade hamburger buns for it. Just finished up making cinnamon rolls. Need to make the icing for them still.

Can I come to your house?  I have not had any kind of homemade rolls or bread since my Mom use to make it when we were kids.

Well, I may be talking to Terri later and maybe we can start with 2 a year and see how that works.

Sure you can come.

My fan went out again and I just left a message. Yep, migraine is not good today. I was hoping to beat but nope. Plus no air right now. It's heating up good. It is starting to rain so hopefully it cool thing s off. We have ceiling and box fans running. Not working for the head though. Think good things! Think good things. !!

Owl vamp I haven't had home made bread for a long time either. Yummy. I used to make bread in the bread maker that was always fun lol. And buns wow I am impresses for sure I bet they are delish.

And cinnamon rolls too sheesh woman you put us all to shame.

snow bear get your wishes up on the wish list it's easy. I don't know the deadlines or anything Maybe it is on the first post with the info they need from you in order for you

to join in. . Let us know when you get your list up its easy ok

well snow bear!! Good you are on the wish list now!!! Good for you and good luck cause I know you will get some wishes granted. .

You will get those things for your grand kids made for Christmas I,m sure in time. ❌⭕️❌⭕️

I've been lurking around, but not making it through the posts. I'm still working on Harry Potter #2. I'm hoping to get it finished by the end of next week. Samantha's birthday is Thursday, but she already knows it won't be finished by then. :)

Three weeks left of summer break and then we're back to normal life. Between work, family, starting a new business and everything else, time is pretty hard to find these days, though!

Hiya holly. Seen you around the forums. Glad you came into post. Congrats on to your new biz and happy early bday to daughter Samantha!, summertime is coming to a close much too soon. Lol have you too been having a hot spell!, I will be glad to see all this heat go though!, make sure to post pics when you get it done ok. Please lol. Come back soon we missed ya

,,, ❌⭕️❌⭕️

Hi all! Just a quick drop in. Took the kids to the park again today (almost a daily routine now), and thought I'd try to log in before I crash for the night.

So Katy, yeah, it's my tablet. For some reason, if I run the virus scanner on it, not only does it log me out, it changes the saved pw. And I can never remember what I set it as! :lol

But Anywho, I think it's bed time for me. I need a very long nap, and this seems like the most opertune time to do it

:ghug all! Hope you and yours are well or quickly mending!

Here is what I have been working on.

Love the dragon! It's all about the dragons.....

Quick check in. Been trying to get things done around house. Weaved in likeeping a hundred loose ends on my graphghans. Back to crocheting later this week.

We love meatloaf, might have to try it in the crockpot. We seem to use the crackpot more in the winter, which is weird.

Night all, hope you have a nice Wednesday.

Well, yesterday was interesting... our AC went out ( must be an NC thing right Sandra)... Chris went out and bought two small window units and the house was wonderful last night.... I slept like a rock....

We might just settle in and call the two small units good for the summer....

I use to love Christmas in July and miss it.... wish it were still going... and I love swaps...

Good Morning everyone.

Quite this morning.  I worked on the tote last night and well, it is almost done.  Just have to make the sides and pocket.  It will be going out late this month.

I was thinking of swaps the other day and well, we did lost DesertCrocheter, who ran the last one.  It, like the wish list, seemed like it was always the same people in the swaps and not a big participation till it came to the stocking stuffer swap.  Maybe Amy and Donna will let us have one, say a KISS to see how it goes.

Well, off to make breakfast and then on to finish the tote.

Oh our units are new (last year) so they are working great and they allow me to use the stove and not get over heated.  I will use a small fan next to my crocheting chair sometimes in the afternoon, when the humidity is up.

Have fun today.

Good Morning.

So many air conditioning problems, I hope they are all resolved soon. 

Sandra, I like the bag as it is and I hope you are feeling better.

Mary Jo, is it really time for a new bag? I can't believe July is almost over already.

My daughter went to her pcp yesterday and has an appointment with an orthopedist next tuesday, she will also be going for physical therapy. Her back is still a little stiff and sore but not as bad today. While I was at the doctor's with my daugther my dad called to tell me he was taking my mom to the emergency room because she was having problems walking because of pain in her hips. My dad asked me to be at the hospital a couple hours later because he needed to leave for a little while, as I walked into the ER a nurse was handing my mom some paper work and telling her she could go home. The pain is being caused by her thorasic disk disease and there isn't much they can do about it, she already takes pain meds. And then it was back to my daughter's house which is where I am now. Today should be an easy day we just need to make a quick trip to Walmart for a few things. I think I'm just about done with the baby afghan I've been working on, it's the second one for set of twins that a friend is expecting and the shower is a week and a half away.

The little one is awake so I guess it's time to get the day moving. Have a great day.

Archived