Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mona, you did a great job on that blanket! For this year...or did you give Madeline an IOU? I can't remember if you mentioned it. If I don't keep a written list in front of me I'm hopeless!

Mona, you did a great job on that blanket! For this year...or did you give Madeline an IOU? I can't remember if you mentioned it. If I don't keep a written list in front of me I'm hopeless!

It's for the coming Christmas. I'll be doing a similar style one for her sister.

Luckily I made it to last Christmas with just a cowl to make afterwards. LOL

Here is the Silly Monkey Blankie I made, using a pattern from Herrschner's, but my own yarn.  The yarn they sent with the kit was fuzzy and would  shed.  No good for little ones.

I also used softer colors.

attachicon.gifsp woobie.JPG  Close up

Turned out adorable love the colors.

Look at the surprise I just got in the mail! I'm not sure if the lady who was so sweet and generous wants her identity to be known or not....I'll let her decide. This was such a wonderful RAOK. I finally get to play with scrubby yarn!

Great surprise! Lovely colors.

I finally got around to weaving in the ends, so Madeline's ABC blanket is all ready for Christmas.

attachicon.gifABC blanket.JPG

That is so pretty! I love yellow. It turned out awesome.

Happy Saturday ladies!

Wonderful ABC blanket!! So cute! When I was younger, I loved and cherished any blankets like that.

Things are good over here in NH. Yesterday I had my first snow day from school this year! We got 11"! Will be going out to clean the car in a few. It's a beautiful snowy morning! Naturally, I spent most of my day yesterday joining together some of those brown squares. I thought I'd try the slip stich join. This is only the 3rd project where I've had to join blocks and I used the whip stich previously. After working on it all day and joining together a pretty good size chunk...I've decided to rip it out and do the whip stich invisible method. I had no idea there would be a ridge and it just won't do! Also, I read the instructions wrong and didn't put the ridge on the back, it's in the front! Ugh. Thankfully I didn't get too far gone but it's sad to lose a whole day's work.

Sigh, not sure I'll get back to it today...housework is calling my name. Hope you all have a lovely Saturday!!

Happy Saturday ladies!

Wonderful ABC blanket!! So cute! When I was younger, I loved and cherished any blankets like that.

Things are good over here in NH. Yesterday I had my first snow day from school this year! We got 11"! Will be going out to clean the car in a few. It's a beautiful snowy morning! Naturally, I spent most of my day yesterday joining together some of those brown squares. I thought I'd try the slip stich join. This is only the 3rd project where I've had to join blocks and I used the whip stich previously. After working on it all day and joining together a pretty good size chunk...I've decided to rip it out and do the whip stich invisible method. I had no idea there would be a ridge and it just won't do! Also, I read the instructions wrong and didn't put the ridge on the back, it's in the front! Ugh. Thankfully I didn't get too far gone but it's sad to lose a whole day's work.

Sigh, not sure I'll get back to it today...housework is calling my name. Hope you all have a lovely Saturday!!

better than ripping out an entire afghan! Or like me,discoveri g I had attached one of the squares using the wrong side and having to actually cut it out and make a new one because I had sewn it in so well!

I always usethe whip stitch method and have taught my goddaughter the same after describing the sc join. She didn't want a ridge either and likes the look of whipstitchng better.

I'm off to make a discloth with the scrub it yarn!

I usually use the whip stitch, sometimes it I sew thru both loops and sometimes only the back loop.  Gives a different look.  I have also used the sc, which yes, it does give it a ridge.

Got my rattles yesterday, so today I am hoping to make some wrist baby rattles.

Oh I was in Michael's today and if you want a quick project, for 60% off they had animal scarf kits. I saw, sheep, dog, zebra and a cat.  Cute almost picked one up, then remembered I had no one to give it to.

To bad about having to rip out, but thank goodness you did not have it all done.

Oo! Sounds like you gals Have a fun afternoon ahead! :)

Yeah, I'm not sure I'd rip out the whole blanket. That would make me cry. But a dozen or so squares I can handle. They'll come out easy too because I slip stitched them. I think whip stitch is a pain to take out.

Judy, have fun with the scrubby yarn! Mary Jo, can't wait to see the rattles! I bet they turn out adorable!

Mary jo, I'll have to take a look in Michaels tomorrow. Those scarves sound cute.

I was playing with the scrub it yarn and looked at.people's reviews and comments on how they used it. I have my first cloth in the works now. I'm glad I have experience using Homespun because this reminds me of how I sometimes miss seeing a stitch with these types of yarn. I think they are going to look cute...and will be nice and soft to use.

Mary jo, I'll have to take a look in Michaels tomorrow. Those scarves sound cute.

I was playing with the scrub it yarn and looked at.people's reviews and comments on how they used it. I have my first cloth in the works now. I'm glad I have experience using Homespun because this reminds me of how I sometimes miss seeing a stitch with these types of yarn. I think they are going to look cute...and will be nice and soft to use.

When every I have a yarn like this or homespun or something even dark, I use my fingers to find the stitch.  It seems to help.

Let me know if you can't find the kits.  In my Michael's they were right up front by the cash register.  I have found that not all the Michael's  put things in the same place.

Hello Ladies, sorry I've been awol. I did start my new C2C afghan and ripped it out 3x already lol. The person I am making this for favorite colors are red and blue. I'm trying to do this without making it patriotic looking so I decided to leave out white. I'm using 2 shades of blue and 1 red and it just hasn't looked right.

Pat, you may need a neutral. What about a cream color to separate the two blues?

Mary Jo....I'm not sure if I would know who to give it to if I made one, but I can always pass it on to my book club friends who have a wide circle of younger friends.

Thanks!

Very pretty.  So what do you think of the yarn?

love the colors...all of them. Hardest thing about the yarn was deciding which color to use first! And once I went up a size to an I hook it was no problem to work with. I crochet tightly so I have to do that often. The pattern I used from the book was an easy repeat, too. I think I'm going to make a stack of these cloths. I use store bought dishcloths normally...made with the scrub it yarn, these cloths will work even better, I think.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with something so very different, Mary Jo.

The first picture of theRace Track with Pocket storages. I love this and made this for my grandson turning 2 next week. He is into cars..

Second picture is of some washclothes that daughter knitted and one that I just taught other daughter to crochet. She was actually excited .

Third picture is of some baskets I made.

Forth picture is where I crocheted over a tube light.

None of these are on my list to do things. But I always have a huge list and I really wanted to make these last year.

Last picture is a granny square blanket ready to ship to its new home. I talk with a lady from a quilting site and she has been having a hard time so I made this for her. I used that ribbon sashay (stuff you make scarves with) and put it around the boarder. I love it.

post-73065-0-74191200-1455037115_thumb.jpeg

post-73065-0-05684400-1455037132_thumb.jpeg

post-73065-0-19642600-1455037251_thumb.jpeg

post-73065-0-11865600-1455037459_thumb.jpeg

post-73065-0-78808900-1455037518_thumb.jpeg

On the hook now is a granny rippleghan for Grandson in glowworm and blaze color. A scarve with pockets (On the road again Hat and Scarf)for grandson turning 2. Then a pink granny square afghan and will put black w/polka dots sashay ribbon on the border.

Been going through a lot and trying to keep my mind going and off the bad.

Archived