Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cute blanket.

Well done Holly on your sweater! You are very good to be able to do clothing! I tried fingerless gloves once and frogged it after I finished the first one! So Great Job!

Also, I. Forgot to mention it earlier but I love the mermaid tail! Those are so popular now! Cute cute! I guess I was overcome by how adorable Chewy was. Haha!

Judy! What a lovely blanket! I love the trim! I am the same with variegated. I love it but have a hard time using it up! I usually get it in cotton and then by the time I get to the border of whatever dishcloth I'm working on, I'm stumped! I think it works nicely as a border actually. I've had some things turn out nicely that way. :)

Only got 2 squares done before bed last night.

Mary Jo, that's an easy way to decide on a border color.It will make my next destashing project easier! ...I still have some other odd variegated yarn...lol!

Finished the main body of the mermaid blanket.

I will add a sea shell bra ( the recipient is a 22 yo young woman with a good sense of humor)

Love it! The shells look awesome as well.

Chewy is done. He did not turn out the way I thought he would. I should of used boa yarn, instead of fun fur. But Tampa Guy likes him and that is all that matters. Later I will get a picture of him.

Oh my, chewy is adorable! I love him.

Chewy is too cute!

I finished a sweater that hubby asked for. It still needs the buttons, but that's easy.

I finished a simple blanket last night. The yarn is an old batch of off brand acrylic and when I was looking through stash and figuring out what I could use up the green helped me decide. I always have a hard time deciding what to do with variegated ...though I'm always drawnto them!

This was made with Cindys Peek a Boo pattern and the picot border pattern from Carons one skien baby blanket.

The sweater looks great. Grey is one of my favorite colors to wear. I haven't tried any type of loathing yet.

Judianne, cute blanket the colors are gorgeous.

I crocheted myself a scrubbie that did not turn outo like it was supposed too luckily, it really doesn't matter what it looks like, lol. I am sure it will work perfectly. It was my first time using scrubby yarn.

Currently working on two cat orders and a weenie dog order. Should be finished tomorrow. I ran out of yarn for the dog and our local store doesn't have the correct color so will have to make a 30 min trip to wal mart tomorrow.

Then maybe I will crochet myself a dishcloth that I hope turns out better than my scrubbie!lol

1. Shepherds, kings and sheep for my Nativity

2. Star wars toys for my brother  :check Yoda  :check Princess Leia  :check Stormtrooper

3. Shawls or wraps for my nieces

4. Ami - cat for my friend's daughter    :check 

5. My daughter's hat

6. Hat for me!    :check 

7. Snowflakes! Lot of snowflakes!

I'm proud to have three Star Wars characters done: Yoda, princess Leia and Stormtrooper. To be honest, that's not my favourite things to crochet - there are many tiny elements, changing yarn, making details. But I'm glad  I have started. I hope my brother will like them. My son wants some too… He asked for 4 stormtroopers and Vader. Well…. maybe someday….

So here is my Star Wars trio

post-30828-0-11953700-1454247141_thumb.jpg

I had to change stormtrooper's face, because my son said it looked like it had a moustache  :hook I'm afraid he was right...

post-30828-0-12426000-1454247206.jpg   :lol

And I finished another version of angel hat for my daughter - this time it's just the girl so no delicate wings, no knitting in angel's hands. The hat and the puppet to wear and to play with.

post-30828-0-96752700-1454247340_thumb.jpg

Thought you might like to know that I got an e-mail from my Granddaughter about the afghan.  This is what she said.

Thank you so much for the comfy afghan you made me and sent to me in the mail! I really appreciate it and I think it's very cute how you put the drama masks on it. I love it!

Love,

Sydney

So I guess we can say she liked it and from what I hear of the weather, she will need it.

Yay! Another happy recipient of your wonderful work Mary Jo!

62/70 squares.

I'm so close to finishing the brown squares but I think my hands have had enough for one night. :( I really want to finish this color so I can start sewing them together.

By the way, a friend of mine says she joins her squares with a herringbone stitch, it came out really pretty, does anyone know it?

Never heard of that stitch.  Hope you can explain it to us when you find it.  Sounds interesting.

Can't wait to see the shark attack afghans.

I am still working on my Sock Monkey wobbie. 

Wow you guys are really ambitious.  I am trying to finish one project at a time, but I don't know what the project is until I look at my yarn.  :lol 

I'm ambitious...just not so good on follow up. I had planned to make my oldest DD a cowl for her birthday last week. I can make one easily in a couple of evenings.....she got an IOU!

OH No! I have lost my case of crochet hooks!

I had to put stuff away when my son had friends over to spend the night (camped out in the family room with dungeons and dragons and the ps3)

Now I cant find my crochet hooks! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

I'm ambitious...just not so good on follow up. I had planned to make my oldest DD a cowl for her birthday last week. I can make one easily in a couple of evenings.....she got an IOU!

I lose track of what I want/need to work on next. I'm considering a board of some kind so I can have a very visible list of what projects I have planned and am working on. I usually have too many things going at once and too many that I'd like to do to keep up with them in my head.

OH No! I have lost my case of crochet hooks!

I had to put stuff away when my son had friends over to spend the night (camped out in the family room with dungeons and dragons and the ps3)

Now I cant find my crochet hooks! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Oh dear, that's so frustrating. I hope you find them soon. Sometimes when I lose things I can retrace in my head where I went and where I put things. DH and I have gotten to the age that I think I spend half my time looking for things.

Archived