Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

owlvamp everything looks great.  Never thought of using that yarn as an edge.  Great idea.  How did you find crocheting around the lights?  Did you have to worry about the yarn you used?

Everyone is moving along.  I have had a set back.  Now don't laugh, but I think I pulled something in my shoulder vacuuming.  Yep, housework has taken me down.  Hard to crochet and type, so I have be limited to what I can do.  Of course, it is my right shoulder. 

I've had a set back as well. Wanted to make two tote bags for some sick people in my family and I don't have the cotton yarn. Looks like I won't be buying it this pay period either cause the power steering went out in hubby's car and he needs to get it fixed and the need to daughters car inspected and pay the taxes to get sticker for the year. It is always something.

I used t-shirt yarn on the lights. I'm sure you can use whatever. I thought about it being a rug but scared it wouldn't hold the weight of some other than toddlers. I figured it could go on a night stand or hang on the wall for a night light. Mine was smaller than I wanted it to be but daughter gave me the rope lights . So I was excited to try something new.

Tampa Doll I hope you feel better and can back in the full swing of things. Sending prayers your way.

Hope all gets better soon Owlvamp! Love all your projects!! Especially those baskets. I Love the idea of using sashay yarn as a border too! Neat!!

Mary Jo, Hope you feel better soon!!

Great projects, owlvamp! I especially like the race track and the baskets. Hope things even out for you soon!

Mary Jo, you should definitely stay away from the vacuum and other dangerous cleaning stuff in the future!

Owlvamp, I lovethe work you posted! Really nice projects. Basket are a fun way to use up yarn.

Mary Jo....that settles it...tampa guy (i think I remembered his sign on name) has to take over thevacuuming! My hubby does it all the time and has been doing it for years. I don't even know how to turn them on!

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have been able to do some crocheting today, as I do not have to raise my arm.  I finally found a comfortable position so I can type.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have pictures of what I finished today.

The first picture of theRace Track with Pocket storages. I love this and made this for my grandson turning 2 next week. He is into cars..

Second picture is of some washclothes that daughter knitted and one that I just taught other daughter to crochet. She was actually excited .

Third picture is of some baskets I made.

Forth picture is where I crocheted over a tube light.

None of these are on my list to do things. But I always have a huge list and I really wanted to make these last year.

Last picture is a granny square blanket ready to ship to its new home. I talk with a lady from a quilting site and she has been having a hard time so I made this for her. I used that ribbon sashay (stuff you make scarves with) and put it around the boarder. I love it.

Those turned out awesome!!! I love all of them.

owlvamp everything looks great.  Never thought of using that yarn as an edge.  Great idea.  How did you find crocheting around the lights?  Did you have to worry about the yarn you used?

Everyone is moving along.  I have had a set back.  Now don't laugh, but I think I pulled something in my shoulder vacuuming.  Yep, housework has taken me down.  Hard to crochet and type, so I have be limited to what I can do.  Of course, it is my right shoulder. 

Hope your shoulder heals quickly!

I've had a set back as well. Wanted to make two tote bags for some sick people in my family and I don't have the cotton yarn. Looks like I won't be buying it this pay period either cause the power steering went out in hubby's car and he needs to get it fixed and the need to daughters car inspected and pay the taxes to get sticker for the year. It is always something.

I used t-shirt yarn on the lights. I'm sure you can use whatever. I thought about it being a rug but scared it wouldn't hold the weight of some other than toddlers. I figured it could go on a night stand or hang on the wall for a night light. Mine was smaller than I wanted it to be but daughter gave me the rope lights . So I was excited to try something new.

Tampa Doll I hope you feel better and can back in the full swing of things. Sending prayers your way.

Things always happen here when I need new yarn for a project. Hope things even out soon!

I have still not been able to work on my gift list, as just as I finished one order for a crocheted item, I got another order. LOL. I have been doing a square in between working on the order so I can finish Little Tribbles Creeper pillowcase. It began as a blanket but I think a pillowcase will get more use...

Have a wonderful night all!

Thank you everyone

I love making baskets and a few more on my list to get done.

I am looking for a free pattern for a dump truck , cement truck and a bulldozer applique .. I tried making it myself but failed miserably .... I'm a pattern person. Can any one help?

Thank you everyone

I am looking for a free pattern for a dump truck , cement truck and a bulldozer applique .. I tried making it myself but failed miserably .... I'm a pattern person. Can any one help?

I've made two baskets...love them.

And have you tried ravelry?

Thank you everyone

I found some on ravelry, but they aren't free. They are like $2 each. I too am a pattern person. I can sometimes work with a pattern to change it into something slightly different, but I must have that basic instruction.

Judianne - Glad he loved the graphghan, It is spectacular!

I found some on ravelry, but they aren't free. They are like $2 each. I too am a pattern person. I can sometimes work with a pattern to change it into something slightly different, but I must have that basic instruction.

Judianne - Glad he loved the graphghan, It is spectacular!

Hmmm....I think there's a Seeking Patterns thread on here, but the other alternative is to usegraph paper or just play with boxes and if you look at pictures you just might be able to make one up yourself. I use graph paper for some of the things I add to my graph ghans. A pencil, an eraser, and you never know what you can come up with!

Hi Everyone, I've been crocheting along but haven't been on my computer so not posting much.  My tablet is really hard to use Crochetville on it for some reason.  My computer has been working so slow I just hate using it.  Time for a new one but well that's not going to happen anytime soon. 

Everyone's projects are great.  Judy, your graph afghans are always amazing and I've admired them every since I joined the ville.   You gave me encouragement to try many times but I've never tackled one.  I think you are correct when you say the all the hanging yarns just scares me away.  MaryJo yours was also amazing.  I may have been crocheting for 40 years but I do pretty much the basics.   

All of you ladies do beautiful work and I love all the projects. 

So I finally decided to do the afghan for my friend in 3 shades of blue and one white.  I'll decide later whether or not to do a red border.  I did stop a bit to do a few sashay scarves for a few people.  Now back to the ghan.

MaryJo hope you are feeling better.

Pat, welcome back! Good luck on the ghan.

Mary Jo, those rattles are the cutest darn things!! Adorable!!

This week I sewed together all the brown squares I could without the other colors, help break up the sewing a bit. I am ready to start a new color on Monday! Had to put that giant project away for the weekend because I have a fundraiser coming up soon for a choir I sing with. Each section does a themed basket and our theme is Tea for Two. I'm making a doily to match the cute teapot we got! Oh it looks so good so far! I can't wait to show and tell! Hope to have the stitches done tomorrow and have it blocking next week! I was going to do a tea cozy too but the tea pot is just too cute to cover up! :)

Archived