Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies.

I made this baby dress just because...  My LYS had  sample hanging up and one of the ladies who  runs the store made a copy of the pattern for me. She also gave me another pattern, so guess what's next? I don't know where they'll end up, but if none of my friends expresses a need for a baby present I have an idea where it can go....I used Simply Soft, so it's not a tiny dress.

post-8552-0-85990400-1456526867_thumb.jpg

Hi, everyone! I wanted to give you all a personal invitation to Crochetville's fourth annual blog tour in honor of National Crochet Month. This year's tour features a virtual passenger steam train trip. The Crochet Express will leave the station at 8:00 AM on March 1 to visit 93 crochet designers, 20 yarn companies, and 19 crochet-friendly local yarn stores, plus a daily giveaway. You'll be able to find all the posts on the Crochetville blog.

Part of the fun of a train trip is chatting with your fellow passengers. In the Observation Car, you'll be able to talk about your favorite finds each day and share photos of the projects you're currently working on. All that shopping, talking, and crocheting will keep us hungry, so our Dining Car will feature a daily cocktail hour and special dinner. The drinks and food will sadly have to be virtual, through the sharing of recipe links, as we haven't quite figure out how to send the real stuff through the internet yet.

Chat here on Crochetville: The Crochet Express

Chat in our Facebook group: National Crochet Month

Wherever you prefer to chat, Donna and I hope you will join us to celebrate National Crochet Month. As far as we know, this is the biggest organized event anywhere!

Crochet_Express_General_Ticket_2a_FB.png

Click the ticket to see it full size for easier reading.

Hi ladies.

I made this baby dress just because...  My LYS had  sample hanging up and one of the ladies who  runs the store made a copy of the pattern for me. She also gave me another pattern, so guess what's next? I don't know where they'll end up, but if none of my friends expresses a need for a baby present I have an idea where it can go....I used Simply Soft, so it's not a tiny dress.

That dress is just adorable.  I love the colors.

Happy Saturday ladies!

The dress is adorable! I have some baby things to make for upcoming arrivals but I really want to finish my green granny squares.

As of last night I'm up to 30/37 green squares! Progress slowed this week as I used my week off from school to get some chores drones, sleep in, and work on a Christmas gift for DH. I found this awesome Tunesian scarf pattern. It is very handsome and I think he will like it. Anyway, I chose to work on that when he wasn't here during the day. I didn't want to chance him walking in on me!! :lol

Oh and I had some troubling news this week. My mother is having a horrible arthritis flair up (rheumatoid) and one of my grandmas fell and broke a vertebrae! I have other family recovering from various ailments as well. So far 2016 is not going so well health wise....I hope it improves! The worst is that I'm so far away that all I can do is call and check in.

Happy Saturday ladies!

The dress is adorable! I have some baby things to make for upcoming arrivals but I really want to finish my green granny squares.

As of last night I'm up to 30/37 green squares! Progress slowed this week as I used my week off from school to get some chores drones, sleep in, and work on a Christmas gift for DH. I found this awesome Tunesian scarf pattern. It is very handsome and I think he will like it. Anyway, I chose to work on that when he wasn't here during the day. I didn't want to chance him walking in on me!! :lol

Oh and I had some troubling news this week. My mother is having a horrible arthritis flair up (rheumatoid) and one of my grandmas fell and broke a vertebrae! I have other family recovering from various ailments as well. So far 2015 is not going so well health wise....I hope it improves! The worst is that I'm so far away that all I can do is call and check in.

It is hard being away when things happen... :hug

Thanks, ladies!!

My current project, after spending way too much trying to complete one row on the Paris ghan I'm making for myself, is the flower-like granny square stash buster blanket.

Have a good day!

Way to go Charis.  Keep plugging along.

Everything is being put aside.  My BIL will be 75 in June.  I wanted to make him something special.  He is a hunter and he use to have a pointer named Sally.  I am hoping to make an afghan with Sally on it. 

I am at the pick colors and buy the yarn stage.  I already have the graph.  So till it is done everything else is on hold.

I've gotten sidetracked with 2 baby blankets that have to be finished for a shower Saturday--cousin's first grandchildren--twin boys. One is finished except for weaving in the ends and I have a pretty good start on the second one.

Mona, looking forward to pictures!

Mary Jo....that's a great gift. I made a pet ghan for *us* with three faces graphed: tabby cat (which looks a bit psycho), a Sheltie and a GSD....and added their names. Our latest GSD had to settle for having her name cross stitched as an add on...lol.

That project was done when when Hubby was working and I had a lot of spare time...lol!

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Started on Mr Tribbles steelers graphghan. Only have about 7 rows completed. Am worried,as I am following the written directions instead of the graph. I hope it turns out okay!!!

Finished little Tribble's enderman, still working on his creeper pillowcase. I am so slow getting things completed!

post-73457-0-54406500-1456801740_thumb.jpg

Tribble, when I first started making graphs I didn't know there was any other way to make them besides written patterns! Just watch as the image emerges to make sure it looks like what it's supposed to be. I did find errors in them at times. If you have a good picture to look at it will be fine.

Got my yarn today for my BIL's afghan.  I ordered it on Monday and just got it.  I can not believe Michaels was faster than Red Heart who makes it.

Anyway, everything else is on hold till this is done.

Since I live int he middle of nowhere, it takes FOREVER for me to get yarn... unless I drive an hour.... which I haven't had time to do lately, Michaels and AC Moore need to be a 24 hour self services type of store  :lol :lol :lol

Got my yarn today for my BIL's afghan.  I ordered it on Monday and just got it.  I can not believe Michaels was faster than Red Heart who makes it.

Anyway, everything else is on hold till this is done.

Can't wait to see it!

Archived