Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

Will someone tape my mouth shut?

I was talking with my coworkers and mentioned the mermaid tail blanket for my niece.

Coworker said her granddaughter would love that!

Idiotmme volunteers to make one. Bought the yarn tonight (presidents day sale doorbuster at joanns).

Since it is for a four year old it will be a small and hopefully quick blanket.

Then i can get back to the shark blanket i started frogged, changed, frogged .., and put aside in favor of a quick mermaid tail.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking with my coworkers and mentioned the mermaid tail blanket for my niece.

Idiotmme volunteers to make one. Bought the yarn tonight (presidents day sale doorbuster at joanns).

Then i can get back to the shark blanket i started frogged, changed, frogged .., and put aside in favor of a quick mermaid tail.

I find it hard to say NO too...no, not hard. Impossible!

Hi everyone, been gone for a couple of days.  Not going anything, as the shoulder still hurts, but I know I have to keep it moving.

Here are the wrist rattles I made.

attachicon.gifsp Wrist Rattles.JPG  All close-ups

Adorable!!!!

and yes...the worst thing you could probably do is not move the shoulder much...unless it's more than a sore muscle. Take care.

Hi everyone, been gone for a couple of days.  Not going anything, as the shoulder still hurts, but I know I have to keep it moving.

Here are the wrist rattles I made.

attachicon.gifsp Wrist Rattles.JPG  All close-ups

Hope your shoulder is doing better. I love the wrist rattles, very cute!

LOL... I understand. I have a hard time saying no also, but I rarely volunteer. :)

Here is Thomas the Train hat for grandson's birthday today.

I also made him a Mickey Mouse cinch sack too. Need to get pictures of that.

That is so adorable.  His Mom is going to be getting tons of questions about where that came from.!!!!

Mermaid tail for my coworkers granddaughter

You guys are putting me to shame!!! I barely have anything done!  Great work....Love the tail and the hat!

Well done to both! The tail is great, that is so nice of you!

And the hat is adorable! Very nice!

I have finished stitching the doily for my upcoming auction basket. It is blocking now in the picture below. I'm now back to work on the squares. Working on green now! Done 7/37.

post-61033-0-64248900-1455763806_thumb.jpeg

PS I just want to say what a big help it is to share the process of these projects with you. I can't talk to others about them as they are gifts and my DH is supportive but... It's just not the same, ya know? It's really been motivating and I'm thankful that for this community.

:hug so thanks!

Mermaid tail for my coworkers granddaughter

Adorable!!!

Very cute. I am sure he will love it!

You guys are putting me to shame!!! I barely have anything done!  Great work....Love the tail and the hat!

Me too, I havn't done hardly any gifts so far. I hope to remedy that soon!

Here's the start of the Harry Potter blanket. I have about a zillion ends to weave in!

That looks awesome, I adore Harry Potter.

Nice doily and the harry potter blanket looks great!

Filet isn't hard to learn but the graphghans sure are intimidating! If nothing else, all those ends. Maybe I'll get up the courage one of these days.

I'm working on a RH gingerbread house throw. After a problem with the pattern, it's coming along pretty quickly. I think I have 8 of the center 12 grannies done and then there are 8 end squares.

Well done to both! The tail is great, that is so nice of you!

And the hat is adorable! Very nice!

I have finished stitching the doily for my upcoming auction basket. It is blocking now in the picture below. I'm now back to work on the squares. Working on green now! Done 7/37.

awesome job!

That doily is just beautiful.  I love the Harry Potter blanket. 

You guys are doing great.  Even though I am not doing much, you are all still inspiring. 

Can't wait to get my hook moving again.

Archived