Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

My idea of an ideal location is my house in the middle of a mall with nothing but craft stores.  Such as Herrschner's, Annie's Attic, Mary Maxim and of course the Yarn Co.'s such as Red Heart and SNC & PNC.  This way I would go out everyday, put a smile on my face and get some exercise.  My Dream Home.

Now I am going to try and show you a picture of what the afghan will look like when it is done.

post-105-0-58524200-1457103373_thumb.jpg This is where I bought the pattern.  Now she give you not only the graphs, but she also gives you the count for each row.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary Jo that's really cool! It looks tricky! Good luck!

In other news, I've been so busy this week I've hardly touched my yarn! I'm too exhausted after dinner I just go right to bed! I've had something going on every evening this week! Tonight is free but I think it's going to be time with the hubby and I'm busy all weekend! Oh well...guess the yarn will have to wait!

There's somewhere on the internet that does graphs for free. I'll ask daughter if she remembers. Alls you do is put your picture in and it's all there . I'll get to all on that. We want to do one of belated fur baby.

-minwifeof4boys I have been thinking of you and hope soon we can get together. How's mom doing? How are you doing?

Her graph is actually from that site.  I will check it out.  I also own PC Stitch, which works quite.  I just liked her picture better than any I had seen.

Thanks for the information.

I am using Red Heart Soft, which is a smaller skein of yarn.  Last time I ordered 6 skeins of the background color and ended up having to order 6 more.  Only used 4 of that 6.

This time I ordered 9 skeins for the background and 6 of each of the browns an white, just to be on the safe side.  So I ended up ordering 25 skeins of yarn at 5 ounces per skein.  I also used the size of 160sts. by 200 rows on the drama/comedy afghan and on this one I am only using 140 sts.  x 161 rows.  It is going to be smaller.  It also depends on how tight or lose you crochet.

I over bought on the yarn, but I would rather have to much, than not enough.

I work with graphs better then line by line wording.  Everyone is different.

Just finished this sweet bunny for my grandson Wyatt.... one down.... 3 to go....! the pattern is Hunny Bunny from Posy Gets Cozy.. the yarn is Lambs Pride Super Wash Sport with a C hook...

post-497-0-61431800-1457221350_thumb.jpg

Making progress on the shark blanket (watched a "shadow cast" performance of Jaws Saturday night and it motivated me)

Now I need one of my sons to put in on so I can figure out where to place the eyes and fins.

post-23494-0-98363900-1457440480_thumb.jpg

Making progress on the shark blanket (watched a "shadow cast" performance of Jaws Saturday night and it motivated me)

Now I need one of my sons to put in on so I can figure out where to place the eyes and fins.

That is really cute.

Did you ever watch the SNL "Land Shark"..... hysterical!

Archived