Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

Just wanted to check in and say hi. Everyone's projects look great. I finished the round ripple and now I am trying to pick my next afghan for another friend. Not sure what I want to do. I might do some hanging towels while I'm thinking.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, couldn't get many squares done the last 2 days but I think I should be able to finish the brown squares by the end of the weekend. I'll tell ya, my left wrist is starting to get sore. I think I turn it while holding the yarn..

Brown squares 50/70 done!

Good work on the graph-ghan Judianne! Can't wait to see it!

Chewy is done.  He did not turn out the way I thought he would.  I should of used boa yarn, instead of fun fur.  But Tampa Guy likes him and that is all that matters.  Later I will get a picture of him.

Great work, ladies!

Mary Jo, I'll bet Cewy looks great. The best think about working with yarn is the creative results we get with what we think isn't what we intended to make!

Has anyone ever tried freeform crochet? It I intrigues me, but I'm so used to having a pattern to work from I've been hesitant to try it.

Charis, sometimes you just have to take a break for a day. I tend to not take breaks while I'm crocheting and my shoulders start hurting.

I know Chewy will be cute, Mary Jo!

Love the mermaid tail!

Judy, I've always liked the freeform I've seen, but I'm not good with improvising.  When I played the piano it was strictly with the music, and my crocheting is pretty much by the pattern.

I'm down to about six rows and the border on my ABC blanket. But I probably won't be working on it this weekend.

Ok everyone here's Chewy:post-105-0-49595800-1454092403_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-15435500-1454092424_thumb.jpg  I think the Boa would have the fur lay better.  They used regular yarn and brushed it with a wire brush.

I love the mermaid blanket the shell bra should be hysterical.

I have 2 free form Christmas Stockings that I made.  If you think of it as a jig saw puzzle, it can be fun.

Wow Judy you are really moving on with the afghan.  Can't wait to see it done.

Finished the main body of the mermaid blanket.

I will add a sea shell bra ( the recipient is a 22 yo young woman with a good sense of humor)

The mermaid blanket is so cool and the colour is perfect!!  :clap

Ok everyone here's Chewy:attachicon.gifChewbacca- Chewie000 (2).JPGattachicon.gifChewbacca- Chewie001 (2).JPG  I think the Boa would have the fur lay better.  They used regular yarn and brushed it with a wire brush.

It's cute! Did you use Lucy Collin pattern? I'm going to make Chewy too - one day...

At the moment I have Yoda, princess Leia and stormtrooper done and ready to give to my brother for his birthday on Sunday. I hope to take some pics tomorrow.

Ok everyone here's Chewy:attachicon.gifChewbacca- Chewie000 (2).JPGattachicon.gifChewbacca- Chewie001 (2).JPG  I think the Boa would have the fur lay better.  They used regular yarn and brushed it with a wire brush.

I love the mermaid blanket the shell bra should be hysterical.

I have 2 free form Christmas Stockings that I made.  If you think of it as a jig saw puzzle, it can be fun.

Wow Judy you are really moving on with the afghan.  Can't wait to see it done.

He's adorable!!!

Good morning ladies!

Chewy is too cute!

I finished a sweater that hubby asked for. It still needs the buttons, but that's easy.

It looks super....I'll bet its warm, too!

Love Chewy. I think he looks great.

Mermaid tail looks wonderful too.

How do you draw a line through your list and put a check mark next to it?

If you go to the bottom right of your reply box you'll see More Reply Options. I believe in the top of the next box you see will be the indicator for "strikeouts", checkmarks etc. I haven't used it in a while but I think thats where it will be.

Nice sweater. I havent progressed to garments except for one vest i made a few years ago

I made a cable sweater many years ago...I think it was for hubby, but it was so long ago I don't even remember...don't think I even have it any more. I do have a vest I made myself which I still.wear. I had a lot of time on my hands because of all the long hours hubby worked at the time.

I finished a simple blanket last night. The yarn is an old batch of off brand acrylic and when I was looking through stash and figuring out what I could use up the green helped me decide. I always have a hard time deciding what to do with variegated ...though I'm always drawnto them!

This was made with Cindys Peek a Boo pattern and the picot border pattern from Carons one skien baby blanket.

post-8552-0-08300800-1454167057_thumb.jpg

Archived