Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

Thought you might like to know that I got an e-mail from my Granddaughter about the afghan.  This is what she said.

Thank you so much for the comfy afghan you made me and sent to me in the mail! I really appreciate it and I think it's very cute how you put the drama masks on it. I love it!

Love,

Sydney

So I guess we can say she liked it and from what I hear of the weather, she will need it.

That's great, it's fantastic when others appreciate your work  :manyheart

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ghan..

That is so cool.  I am sure he is going to love it.

As for hook case lost:

First NOBODY MOVES, then everybody looks. don't forget EMPTY POCKETS.

Sewing the monkey woobie together today.  It turned out cute.

OH No! I have lost my case of crochet hooks!

I had to put stuff away when my son had friends over to spend the night (camped out in the family room with dungeons and dragons and the ps3)

Now I cant find my crochet hooks! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Oh dear, hope they turn up soon!

Judy, the graphghan is stunning!

Oh my gosh Judy!! What an amazing afghan! Very well done!!

In other news, I have finished all 70 brown squares of my Link blanket for my brother! Very very excited about this! Now I'm going to sew what I can together before starting on the next color. As I mentioned earlier, a friend gifted me a lap ghan (that I am currently using) and I love the stitch she used to join the squares together. I have pictures of the front and back, any ideas?

I also included the picture of the 70 freakin squares because, why not? This is my biggest project to date!

post-61033-0-38303100-1454647581_thumb.jpeg

post-61033-0-40476200-1454647594_thumb.jpeg

post-61033-0-40151000-1454647611_thumb.jpeg

Tribble, was the scrubby yarn hardto work with? I was wondering about the texture.

it was difficult and didn't turn out like it was supposed to,but that's because I stitched it together wrong and wasn't about to undo it! Lol

Everyone's projects are awesome. I'm on my tablet and an way too lazy to try and type much on this thing. Hope the hooks turn up, my child is forever borrowing my stuff and losing it, usually the dogs end up chewing things up!

In other news, I have finished all 70 brown squares of my Link blanket for my brother! Very very excited about this! Now I'm going to sew what I can together before starting on the next color. As I mentioned earlier, a friend gifted me a lap ghan (that I am currently using) and I love the stitch she used to join the squares together. I have pictures of the front and back, any ideas?

I also included the picture of the 70 freakin squares because, why not? This is my biggest project to date!

thanks!

All those squares....wow!

I looked at the pictures of the joining. From the back it looks like a sc join. The front...not perfectly sure, but I know when I've joined squares using a sc I get that raised look. You might have to experiment.

Congrats on accomplishing so much. I'm not sure about the join either, but as Judy says, it looks similar to using sc to join. You work it from the front to get the raised look there.

I've got it figured out. I thought it looked like an SC too until I looked much closer. It's really a slip stitch. She worked it into a stitch on one square and then the matching stitch on the other square. The zig zagging between the squares is what makes that herringbone look. Does that make sense? It's rather pretty on the lap ghan she made me but I'm not sure it's what I want for this big afghan.

Mary Jo, that's so cute! Hmmmm Herrschners yarn. That helps me decide against ordering a kids blanket kit from them. Called Welcome to My Jungle....I would do it just for the love of the pattern, but not with their yarn. Too involved to make it with yarn I don't like.

Look at the surprise I just got in the mail! I'm not sure if the lady who was so sweet and generous wants her identity to be known or not....I'll let her decide. This was such a wonderful RAOK. I finally get to play with scrubby yarn!

post-8552-0-51362300-1454698212_thumb.jpg

Look at the surprise I just got in the mail! I'm not sure if the lady who was so sweet and generous wants her identity to be known or not....I'll let her decide. This was such a wonderful RAOK. I finally get to play with scrubby yarn!

You had asked about the yarn and then on another thread you said you can never be surprised.  Anyway so glad you like it and have some fun.

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!

Mary Jo, that's so cute! Hmmmm Herrschners yarn. That helps me decide against ordering a kids blanket kit from them. Called Welcome to My Jungle....I would do it just for the love of the pattern, but not with their yarn. Too involved to make it with yarn I don't like.

Check the yarn being used in the My jungle, before you decide.  The Silly Monkey buddy blanket used Baby Cloudsoft yarn.  It is very fuzzy and soft.  The My Jungle may use a different type of yarn.

You had asked about the yarn and then on another thread you said you can never be surprised.  Anyway so glad you like it and have some fun.

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!

Mary jo....I am amazed at how you notice things...and retain them! You're involvedin so many things I don't know how you do it.

I already have a couple of patterns picked out to start with.

Thank you so very much. I really was surprised! Hubby got a kick out of my reaction, and at your generosity.

Check the yarn being used in the My jungle, before you decide.  The Silly Monkey buddy blanket used Baby Cloudsoft yarn.  It is very fuzzy and soft.  The My Jungle may use a different type of yarn.

it says its four ply, WW yarn. Not baby cloud soft. I'm leaning toward getting it. I'm so bad...lol!

Archived