Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love those mittens! I might make some one day.

Oh my Apak! That bunny is the greatest!! So beautiful.

Tampadoll, that Afghan is amazing! Its turning out gorgeous! Love your crochet corner!!

I'm still working on finishing a couple of orders before I can get back to crocheting gifts and for fun! I need to update my list and I will soon!

​On those bunnies been wanting to make them for a couple of years. So this year thinking about doing there year in the temperature highs and snakes for the lows.

Is that mermaid ​ tail faster to work up?

​Tampadoll , that is a beautiful afghan. Is it hard to change colors like that? do you weave your ends in as you go. I have totally stayed clear of those type projects. Hard to get out of my comfort zone.

​Sorry I haven't been on for I can not log on with my ipad. I had to ask daughter to use her surface. I don't know what's wrong with it.

​Tampadoll , that is a beautiful afghan. Is it hard to change colors like that? do you weave your ends in as you go. I have totally stayed clear of those type projects. Hard to get out of my comfort zone.

​

Changing colors with yarn is easier than thread.  I weave in as I go.  Actually I crochet over no more than 6 stitches and no less then 3 when I change colors.

Not sure if I want to make the reversed sc or go with chain 5's around with 3 rows one of each color.

I am done.  I finished the afghan this afternoon.  Thank you Juianne for the help with the edging.  I went with black reverse sc.

The afghan is made with Red Heart Soft, in Black, off white and the main color is Coral.  I can not believe the trouble I had with this afghan. 

Now if you look, you will see 3 other afghans that I made quite a while ago.  Dora was from a purchased graph, we made the Tinker belle graph and the Princess one is 3 cross stitch patterns made into one afghan.  Not a bit of trouble with any of them.

So the Comedy/Drama afghan is ready to ship for a Feb. 2nd, 16th birthday.

post-105-0-38990100-1452806454_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-72936000-1452806481_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-06896200-1452806496_thumb.jpg

Finally Comedy/Drama

post-105-0-44223800-1452806526_thumb.jpg  All 4 afghans

Beautiful ghans!!! So glad I could help a little. Sometimes when we do something so involved out brains refuse to think any more...

I finished the baby ghan. The pattern is from Caron, called One Skien Baby Blanket. Instead of a one pounder I used 2 1/2 skiens of red heart super saver in baby pink. I embroidered the initials of the April baby too. It's very squishy and girly.

post-8552-0-22713200-1452810573_thumb.jpg

I finished the baby ghan. The pattern is from Caron, called One Skien Baby Blanket. Instead of a one pounder I used 2 1/2 skiens of red heart super saver in baby pink. I embroidered the initials of the April baby too. It's very squishy and girly.

That is so pretty judianne.

Those Graph ghans are awesome! One day I might tackle one ;)

I am done.  I finished the afghan this afternoon.  Thank you Juianne for the help with the edging.  I went with black reverse sc.

The afghan is made with Red Heart Soft, in Black, off white and the main color is Coral.  I can not believe the trouble I had with this afghan. 

Now if you look, you will see 3 other afghans that I made quite a while ago.  Dora was from a purchased graph, we made the Tinker belle graph and the Princess one is 3 cross stitch patterns made into one afghan.  Not a bit of trouble with any of them.

So the Comedy/Drama afghan is ready to ship for a Feb. 2nd, 16th birthday.

attachicon.gif8x6 CompletedDoratheExplorer (2).JPGattachicon.gif8x6 FinishedTinkerbell001 (2).JPGattachicon.gif8x6 finishedproject2 (2).JPG

Finally Comedy/Drama

attachicon.gif8x6 Sydney's Afghan Progress (2).JPG  All 4 afghans

judianne, the baby ghan looks very soft and pretty! I'm sure it will keep the baby very warm.

The graph ghans are all pretty, Mary Jo. I'm always amazed when I see one. I love the burning of the pattern!

A sweet looking baby blanket, Judy!

I've gotten one basket done. Forgot to take a picture, so I'll have to get it back out.

Ratdog I love the second mermaid tail...looks more "fishy"!! Judy your baby blanket is very nice and Tampa Doll, those graph ghans are awesome!! :nworthy

I have been so slow on my crocheting.. so much going on right now and been working on jewelry that some have been asking for.. but I am working on the Starlight Afghan for my DIL.. I think I will do each one of my girls a Christmas afghan this year. That's 4 afghans and I want to choose patterns that seem like their personality..

Thanks, ladies! Its an easy pattern but comes out so nice.

Mary Jo...you are too funny...lol!

Michelle, makng individual ghans for your daughters is a wonderful idea!

Need any further enabling....uh...I mean help...lol!

Lea, grandbaby gifts are too cute... I lime the loveys and they're on my WIM list for sure. There's also a bearghan pattern I've made before and its great fkr using up funky colors of yarn.

Too many things I want to make and not enough hours in the day!

Alrighty, 2 grandbaby hats and a lovey for the new grandbaby !

after I get mom in bed for the evening I sort of go into a glass of wine crochet hook television mode... :chook:hook

They are so cute.  Love the lovey Ah wine and a crochet hook and a quite place, just the thing after a busy day.

Archived