Bavarian crochet afghan

marycat

I finally got my Bavarian crochet afghan done for our queen size bed.  I used shades of blue with white so I could use up some of my stash of yarn.  So when I ran out of one colour I added in another so that is why it looks the way it does.  I am quite happy with how it turned out and it will keep dh and I nice and warm this winter.post-17341-0-15875500-1372954847_thumb.jpgpost-17341-0-15875500-1372954847_thumb.jpgpost-17341-0-75062700-1372954866_thumb.jpg

post-17341-0-55439800-1372954898_thumb.jpg

Quite beautiful. You did a wonderful job. Thank you for sharing the pics.

beautiful, I just learned to do this, and was wondering what to do with my sample size, Now I'll just keep increasing it.

Yours is beautiful. I bet it's heavy. what size hook did you use??

I used a size 6mm hook.  It is quite heavy so will be used during the winter here.

I love this.  I have never done Bavarian, but it is so beautiful. Oh, the time it must have taken!

I started making it on Jan. 12th of this year so it took me just under six months to do and I wasn't working on it every day.  I would work a little at a time since I have cervical spondylosis and crocheting makes the pain worse if I do it for a long time.  I was thinking that this may be the last crochet item I do because of the CS but I figure if I just crochet a little at a time I can keep on doing it.

My avatar is the beginning of this blanket.

Mary, this is beautiful, it should keep you snuggly warm for many winters!

I hope you are feeling better now that summer is here and have found a pain clinic to work on your health problems, Don't give up, trust me, they can do some amazing things that will bring you surprising relief.

I wish you well...

I hope you don't have to quit!  You do such good work................. :)

I started making it on Jan. 12th of this year so it took me just under six months to do and I wasn't working on it every day.  I would work a little at a time since I have cervical spondylosis and crocheting makes the pain worse if I do it for a long time.  I was thinking that this may be the last crochet item I do because of the CS but I figure if I just crochet a little at a time I can keep on doing it.

My avatar is the beginning of this blanket.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived