2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

No crocheting so far this week. I came down with the sinus/allergy/coughing my head off stuff that's going around here. Gave up and went to the doctor today and got some antibiotics. Hope they'll kick in really quickly!

The big news is that our first grandchild arrived last night!!!! 7# 14 oz little strawberry blonde girl with good lungs! Can't wait to head out to see her in a couple of weeks.

Congratulations on the grandbaby!

Yay!  new grandbaby!

Hubby slipped on his motorcycle and broke his foot on June 29th.  Finally having surgery on Thursday.  Had to have a repeat EKG as they didn't like the first one.  Not happy about that.  Haven't gotten results from 2nd one yet.

Haven't used up any more yarn, thankfully haven't bought more yet either lol

Hope he surgery goes well and the foot heals quickly.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been busy crocheting and knitting.  I have finished 2 afghans that was ufo's.  Used 8 - 8 ounce yarns.  I have only use a few of my cotton. I used up 9 skeins of cotton yarn. :cheer  Have to keep busy, I'm trying to use up the yarn I have. It will take me years. :lol  :lol :lol  

Yay!  new grandbaby!

Hubby slipped on his motorcycle and broke his foot on June 29th.  Finally having surgery on Thursday.  Had to have a repeat EKG as they didn't like the first one.  Not happy about that.  Haven't gotten results from 2nd one yet.

Haven't used up any more yarn, thankfully haven't bought more yet either lol

Hope his second EKG turns out well.  Sometimes all the procedures and tests before the surgery are worse than the surgery itself.  Sending you both hugs.  Hope his foot will mend quickly.

Hope everything goes well today!

I went shopping yesterday and bought 6 skeins for a baby afghan. But I've also been working on a shawl and have used 3 skeins and 3 balls so my score shouldn't be too bad this week. And next week I have an order from Annie's coming.

I had to buy a skein to do a gauge swatch (still looking for that perfect yarn for my sister's sweater), so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -2 YTD +18

:hook  :eek

:woo:yay:woo:yay

Oh Happy Day.  I have finally rolled a skein of yarn into a ball.  Its the dark country blue (Caron's Simply Soft 6oz skein).  That means this week I get to post something besides a 0.  Oh Happy Day.

Week ending 7/13/13  WTD: +1

I rolled a skien down (+1) :cheer . I don't know if there's enough to finish the afghan so I might have to get more. I'm going to Bed, Bath and Beyound, which is in the same mall as a Michaels. I'll try not to go there.

WTD: + 1  YTD: + 87

Ellie 13

Been crocheting most of the week.  Just didn't seem to use up that much in yarn. 

My score:

WTD:  +2

Hopefully this coming week my score will be just a little higher.  I'm working on a afghan for my son's Christmas gift.  And its slow go.

No hook time this week. Neck and back are out and causing arm spasms and pain, so I can't even crochet more than a few minutes at at a time.

WTD: 0

I hope you feel better soon.  Pain anywhere is such a bother, especially when it cuts into your crochet time.

This week I had to buy a skein for a shawl I'm working on, so a negative score again.

For week ending July 13, 2013:

WTD:  -2  /YTD:  -136

So I was at +2 earlier this week and I did get more hooking done as well as using yarn up. I used a skein on the blanket I am working on and rolled on into a ball that I longer need. This afternoon I used up a roll of cotton on an apron I'm making.

WTD: +7 13th July 2013

I had +4 earlier. Today I have finished 2 balls and a skein of cotton on some swiffer pads. Threw 1 mangled ball away because it was really knotted and there was something sticky in it (thank you children). 

WTD: +9

YTD:-642

OK girls, I've been absent for a bit, been working on 3 rooms in the house, and trying to do various crafts at the same time.  I actually got some yarn used up this week, yahoo for me, glad most of my fair projects are completed as it is only 9 days away.  WTD+10

No hook time this week. Neck and back are out and causing arm spasms and pain, so I can't even crochet more than a few minutes at at a time.

WTD: 0

Boo. Hope it goes away soon. :hug

I crocheted this week, but not in a way to use anything up, and I bought two skeins today. Sort of a last shopping trip before entering craft supply moratorium.

WTD -4, YTD -31 (I think)

Archived