Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good morning! Up a bit early...no surprise there right? LOL

Another work/school Monday. However here in Chicagoland, the temps could reach 80 today! Yikes! However on Halloween Friday....high of 45! Crazy weather!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys.   I know I have been MIA for a while. Life has just been beating me up lately. or i have been and just blaming it on life. I think I am having a midlife crisis. My babies are all growing up. I am pretty much needed financially but that is about it at this point. So I am grieveing there. plus I became a mom at 15. It is all I have ever been. Before I ever knew who I was as a person I was a mom. And now that stage in my life is ending.  ( I know I will always be there mom and they will always need me, but it isnt the same thing) So know starts the search in finding out who I am. On top of this I have left my church. Things going on and being said that I can not agree with and make me very uncomfortable. Seems people at the top are getting a big head about themselves and having some God complexes. so there is more grief from that seperation.  I have spent the majority of the last few weeks in tears.

So with as long as I have been gone I am not even gonna try to catch up. 

I hope all is well with everyone and you have been in my thoughts.

hi ya Kuddles, angel, and yarn monkey, and dragnlady.

1. Kuddles, we are having unusual warm temps for this late into Oct....We'll take it of course, beats snow and ice you know, but I do believe in global warming, this somewhat proves out that theory to non believers I hope!!! How much more proof do you need people, lol

2. Angel, hello nice lady, good to see you as always, and I loved your pinkie amigurumi, darling!

3. Yarn monkey, you are so busy, and multi talented with sewing, like Kuddles, I can barely if ever I get the machine out mind you, sew a straight seam to mend something, lol

and 4, ms. dragonlady5, sad times, Im sure, this too shall pass, look for the good in everything , there is always something new around the corner, and we will find it, if we find that corner, and actually TUrn the corner, I know, though, those are just words, what you need now is some hot tea, some nice company to share it with, and some hugs! consider that done!! :hug  :kettle  :ghug

Im not really a tea drinker, but once in a while, nothing else comforts like tea, friends, and hugs.......

Ok, on to other things, Sandra, how are you doing on blacking all the squares you got for your midnight ghan???

You should have asked us to do one more row, granny style, in black, lol save you the time and trouble!!

Kim, hello, oh, everyone with little ones do you have all there costumes done, and at the ready for the Haunting Ghoul Night, lol My daughter never was much for that holiday, she liked answering the door, and giving the candy away, and even her first halloween  she didn't wanna walk very far, and had to be carried. lol To this day, she is not a candy eater! Im not really either, but when i do indulge, I like the good stuff, like Lindor choc. Truffles, and Ferrero Rocher, Ghirradelli  and all the expensive kinds, why bother for the cheap stuff, if Im gonna splurge, Im getting the good stuff, lol

all for now, you all have a great day!!!

Good afternoon.

Sorry I've been away for a little but trying to keep up.

Sister came to visit and I loved it..

She left today and am sad. I miss her already.

We decorated halloween bags for daughters halloween party on Friday. They are cute. I'll try to snap a picture and post. I sewed up all the burlap to make treat bags.

Immafreak :hug  :hug

yarn_monkey, I feel your pain as I mess up on squares all the time and have to pull them apart.  Just the other day I was doing a six petal flower one and realized when It was time to start the squaring up part that it had 8 petals.  Hope you got a good start on your costume since Halloween is 4 days away.  

drgnlady :hug  :hug

Hello everyone. Back to the work week today and I am still feeling really tired, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

dragnlady5, I can so relate to what you're going through about being a mom. I had my first child at 18 and second at 20, by the time the second one had moved out I had a granddaughter who spent a lot of time at my house. My oldest daughter, son-in-law and grandkids moved a few months ago, its only a 2 hour drive but its still been a hard adjustment.  My other daughter lives about 40 minutes away and we try to get together for dinner a couple times a month but its not the same as having them at home.  I'm slowly adjusting to the changes.

Prayers for everyone who is going through struggles. 

hi ya Kuddles, angel, and yarn monkey, and dragnlady.

1. Kuddles, we are having unusual warm temps for this late into Oct....We'll take it of course, beats snow and ice you know, but I do believe in global warming, this somewhat proves out that theory to non believers I hope!!! How much more proof do you need people, lol

2. Angel, hello nice lady, good to see you as always, and I loved your pinkie amigurumi, darling!

3. Yarn monkey, you are so busy, and multi talented with sewing, like Kuddles, I can barely if ever I get the machine out mind you, sew a straight seam to mend something, lol

and 4, ms. dragonlady5, sad times, Im sure, this too shall pass, look for the good in everything , there is always something new around the corner, and we will find it, if we find that corner, and actually TUrn the corner, I know, though, those are just words, what you need now is some hot tea, some nice company to share it with, and some hugs! consider that done!! :hug  :kettle  :ghug

Well I can't take credit for sewing my tutu... It's super easy... you just take strips of tulle and tie them onto a piece of elastic. The only sewing will be making the elastic a circle! I can hand sew just a little and I inherited a sewing machine from my mom but it's one of those really old Singers and I need someone to teach me to use it. I thought about taking a class at Joann's but they teach on the new machines and I don't know if that will help me. I just know a little bit about all sorts of crafty things!  :)

And I totally agree with you on the chocolate! If I'm going to eat it, it's going to be the good stuff!!

hi all, going today to look for a car. keep fingers crossed for me that everything goes smoothly. :hug

Good luck!!  :hug

Haven't touched any tulle today so I need to work on that and make some chili for dinner. I'll be back later! 

Ooh, that was me! My orange is indeed a very bright orange. I'm pretty sure it's RHSS, but the color I'd have to double check (it's in my closet right now).

I had a thought today, if you wanted to sell it I would buy, OR, I know you said your RHSS supply has dried up a bit recently; if there are any colors you do still want after your windfall, I could check to see if I have them here and send them to you!

will be keeping our peepers open!! whomever asked about the orange they saw in one of my pics, it is a very bright orange, almost neon, let me know who it was again, and Ill get back to you!

ok, ill check lables too, I think I have several the same..Ill let ya know, lol and yeah, a trade would be fine, if you want, I don't k now right off hand what I need?? after that giant gain, but Ill check that out too, lol It is a pretty bright orange, I seem to remember something bout Vibrant orange on a lable, but not sure, Ill check that for you.......check yours and see what the name is.

Good morning! Wow was yesterday a nice day out there!

I have a stack of books/mags and yarn sitting by my computer.....I took pictures and downloaded them but now have to make the pictures smaller in order to post! Also have to figure out what I want to post it all for. I'll keep you posted, hope to get them on here in the next day or two!

I am NOT wanting to go to work today! Would rather stay home and 'play'!

Have a great day!

kuddles

the waiting is simply impossible, lol.............

Good morning to all, and might I add, another day closer to the end of the month, and our current queenie, will soon be turning her crown over to  2  new queens to be.....

I have messaged the nominees, and am awaiting a reply as to her and hers  acceptance, soooooo keep your fingers crossed!!!!!

Must get to work, things to do, places to go, lol, have a great day all!!!!

note:        one new queen has accepted, and will be announced the first!!! yay, and our sitting queen, well, always sad to see our queen go, but happy, we have another two queens to work for, lol       yay!  and pending acceptance, for our second queen, in the works!  I am late in emailing her, as I was interrupted when posting earlier, so two queens, and wait till the first to find out whom!

Hello!

I mailed a puffy for our queen today. 

Not much else going on, it was a rough day at work and then I had to do grocery shopping and pay bills. I think I need some fiber therapy.

One square done for the queen! What a pain in the rear... Glad it's done and it's lovely I think! Gonna try to do another one or two (different ones!!) tonight and then get them out tomorrow or Thursday. I also have 3 squares from Katie and Kim that need to be put on my ghan.

Didn't do any work on the tutu today as I was busy with Peanut! Sister and I made a trip to Michaels but I didn't buy any yarn for once, can you believe it?? I tried to stick to my list and wound up with scrapbook paper and a paper punch for my recipe binder. I've decided the stack of magazines I'm keeping just for a couple recipes is getting a little out of control so I've got a goal to organize them. Probably won't happen till after this Halloween costume is finished! 

cshort, I hope you're getting some good hooky time in! 

imafreek, did you find a car? 

Can't wait to see who our new queens are! 

I know I've been quiet. Life has been busy and crazy, but that's ok. Today I had an interview to move up into the manager position at my library branch. I should know by the end of the week.

Good luck!!!!!  :hug  :hug  :hug

Hi again! I have my destash list made, prices figured out (I am losing money but at least I'll destash) and have pictures ready to post. I plan to go there next and get it posted on the destash page. So you can check there in about 15 and it should be up.

kuddles

Archived