Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good night all!

I'm exhausted and have to take my babie to the vet tomorrow for he has a abcess toe. Took him today and he is the one with a heart murmur. It scares me but the doc said he'll do fine.. Sense he has to put him under for the foot we are getting him fixed. Says if I dont he'll have more problems down the road... I don't want that. So he'll be there first thing in the morning. I just took him potty and fed him. He's out for the night...

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, thank you all for my queen reign, it was an honor and congrats to the 2 new queens. :)

Second, THANK YOU yarnmonkey for the squares! They are beautiful. I am just stunned at that big one. Some of these you guys make, I can just only shake my head in awe.  :manyheart

Third, Katie, love your gloves and your wreath. You are an enabler. :lol   I found a pattern for some fingerless gloves after I saw all of yours and sit down to make a pair.... ended up making 3 pairs. lol I hate gloves but learned to get used to fingerless leather gloves on my bike... so these will be great  when I'm not riding but it's cold. I can still do stuff! and will make great gifts!

I'm behind on messages, sorry for that but have to share my news... my friend has been approved to get a new trial treatment. We have been praying so hard and wasn't sure if he would since he's so bad but they did today and the new meds arrive tomorrow. A very large % has improved on them in this research trial so praying they help him and not only provide pain relief but send into remission. He was so happy when he called me and I just about bounced off the walls.  :clap  God is good. 

Anyway, that's my news. I got a million projects still going on and have to finish a website as well but will get working on some squares. Oh, did I tell you I had 4 hedgie babies born on Halloween?  :yes

post-44513-0-60209600-1415164796_thumb.jpg

Hi!  Good morning, ladies!

Sorry for being MIA again. It's been one thing after another here! The current craziness is Halloween. I'm busy making costumes. I'll share pics when I'm done.

I did get some squares from Kim a while ago. Here is a pic of what she sent. Thank you, Kim! And speaking of squares, who was the last Queen to receive a square from me? I have a few to send out.

Those are beautiful squares!  Kim, would you pretty please let me know what pattern that is?  

I swear, if it weren't late here, i WOULD trek out for a McRib though, but.....not tonight! lol

Yum, McRibs!  It's almost 2 a.m.  No, I will not do it.  I know what I'm dreaming tonight ;)

Congrats to the two new queens!  I'm hoping to have postage money next week.  I want to share again!  I love all the pictures being posted here.  I have lots of catching up to do again.  

TTFN :)

Good morning!

Great squares....and great gifts/wreath Katy!

Already wishing for the weekend!

Here are items I made for a friend of a friend - she does fostering of dogs that have been in puppy mills. Left is an eyeglass case, the other a zipper case....

Have a great day!

kuddles

post-17419-0-81029800-1415186213_thumb.jpg

:yes Our two QUEEN BIGGEST SQUARES, prepare soon for a puffy flying in to your mail box soon, est. time of arrival, or eta I guess, is two days!! what's with that!! lol enjoy queenies, when i told the squares they were going to live in a Royal home, they got all excited, and jumped in the envelopes, themselves!! Honest...lol :clap they are all probably making looped paper crowns right now, on route!!

You are silly.

We have been tossed into a relocation and I have literally been nonstop on the phone/net finding info and listing stuff for sale and banging my head against the wall lol. It's exciting and since my oldest just started preschool it won't be horrid to move and get established for kindergarten. But downsizing by over half has proven to be interesting. I informed him under no circumstances would I get rid of any yarn or my spinning wheel. I had to put my foot down somewhere lol. I found out a house that was listed then removed is actually still available and my friend is coming this weekend so we can stage and list our current house. Rest assured the piggies(??? Puffies** that autocorrect way too funny to change)received this month will still get to me :)) and they will also be safe from the purge. Ok off to start yet another crazy day. This daylight savings junk has me all monkied up. Hugs and yays for all the good news everyone has posted lately.

hi all,

how we all doing today,,,,,

pretty squares, and thank you for being queen last month sopo, we had fun with cotton...

Kay, of course I am silly, it seems to be a requirement here in my neck of the woods, lol good luck on your house hunting, you have LITTLE ones, huh. good in a way, too young to be worried about school and stuff.

Hi ya Kuddles,hows your week going so far, you too, seem to keep very busy lady! Nice little gifts for you friend, love them!!

yarn monkey, and dragnlady, oh shoot it's raining out now, hope you all are having a nice time this week, lol

Angel, hi girl, missed ya! psst, got my mcribb today, yum!!

Cindy,precious babies!!  and pineknott, hello to you and is mom in law doing better linda??

I hope I didn't forget anyone, if i did, forgive me, and hello to you as well...

No post from ann, or Rusty's Mom, hope the are both doing better!

Hi ya kim, you sure do some lovely squares!

all for now gotta go and close a window, lol was open for a bit, for maxie cat! later squares!!!!!

Hi Katy, my week is going fine thank you! In an hour, I will be at kiddles parent/teacher conference, my first time mtg the teacher. I have questions......

Thanks Katy for the kudos on the doggie items.......everyone at my work keeps telling me I should sell them. Uh, no one wants to pay what they are worth. Then you should do a craft fair! I might do that.....maybe I'll use the next 9 months making tons of items and be ready to do a show next fall....we'll see. I have plenty of fabric!

Have a great nite all!

kuddles

Hello!

Kuddles, the puppies are adorable. Hope all went well with the conference.

I am so tired and would love to go to sleep now but I know if I do I will be up in the middle of the night and won't be able to go back to sleep so I need to stay awake for at least 3 more hours. I'm going to work on my hat and watch some tv. Have a great evening everyone.

First off, thank you all for my queen reign, it was an honor and congrats to the 2 new queens. 

Second, THANK YOU yarnmonkey for the squares! They are beautiful. I am just stunned at that big one. Some of these you guys make, I can just only shake my head in awe.  

Third, Katie, love your gloves and your wreath. You are an enabler.    I found a pattern for some fingerless gloves after I saw all of yours and sit down to make a pair.... ended up making 3 pairs. lol I hate gloves but learned to get used to fingerless leather gloves on my bike... so these will be great  when I'm not riding but it's cold. I can still do stuff! and will make great gifts!

I'm behind on messages, sorry for that but have to share my news... my friend has been approved to get a new trial treatment. We have been praying so hard and wasn't sure if he would since he's so bad but they did today and the new meds arrive tomorrow. A very large % has improved on them in this research trial so praying they help him and not only provide pain relief but send into remission. He was so happy when he called me and I just about bounced off the walls.  God is good. 

Anyway, that's my news. I got a million projects still going on and have to finish a website as well but will get working on some squares. Oh, did I tell you I had 4 hedgie babies born on Halloween?  

Yay sopo! I'm glad you got them! The big one wasn't too difficult once I started paying really careful and close attention to the directions and the (thank goodness!!) tutorial that went along with it. Probably would've done a little better in a thicker yarn, but I couldn't help myself. I hope they go well with your ghan! And Yay for your friend!! That is really fantastic news!!  :manyheart  :hug

Hi Katy, my week is going fine thank you! In an hour, I will be at kiddles parent/teacher conference, my first time mtg the teacher. I have questions......

Thanks Katy for the kudos on the doggie items.......everyone at my work keeps telling me I should sell them. Uh, no one wants to pay what they are worth. Then you should do a craft fair! I might do that.....maybe I'll use the next 9 months making tons of items and be ready to do a show next fall....we'll see. I have plenty of fabric!

Have a great nite all!

kuddles

kuddles I love the two puppy cases! They're lovely! You really should consider a craft show. I've thought about it but just don't really even know where to begin. So much yarn and so many lovely patterns and so many options!  :2eek

Not much to report today... DH and I made our trip to Costco. We try not to do it very often because we always come home with way too much stuff, but the freezer is stocked and we have way more chicken breasts than we can use in a couple months and we made a couple new discoveries so that's fun too. And I just love to drool over all the fancy jewelry up front by the door.  :nworthy I made sure to give DH several totally impractical ideas for Christmas!!  :shop

Tomorrow I think I'll be off to visit Peanut for a few so DH can get his videogame time in and Sister and I may make a run into Hobby Lobby. I saw a lovely Christmas wreath on Pinterest that I just have to make and I'm sure we'll stop at Starbucks like always. It's not a sister trip unless coffee is involved! 

Halfway through the week, everyone!!  :yay

Good morning and thanks all for the kudos! I've been told multiple times I should sell my items but I always say no one wants to pay you what they are worth. However, I might just stock pile and do one next fall. I have so much fabric, if I could just make back for the materials I've used, I'd be happy! We'll see......

Brrrrr cold out there today! We were spoiled yesterday with 60, now it will be 42! Oh well, tis the season!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Hi, ladies!  It's been getting colder here at night.  I love it!  I'm finishing up a square baby blanket in mostly white, yellow, and gray.  I'm adding a couple of colors to the border.  I'm joining the same way I joined the other afghan I put together for my niece.  Again, thanks, gals!  My niece is just in love with her afghan that her auntie's friends helped to make.

Katie, you beat me to the McRib!  I completely forgot about it.  I made a trip to Hobby Lobby for yarn to complete the baby blanket I'm making for a baby shower.  My BFF is gifting it.  I Love This Cotton! is on special for $2.66.  Their cotton is the best and least expensive.  There were so many colors, and they have brought in coordinating colors so that you can get a variegated and match it with a magenta, for example.  They're side by side, and there's no missing which colors would look great together.  I only got one because I had to get the other yarn for the blanket.  I'm telling my family that this year all I want for Christmas is a gift card :lol

Kuddles, you always blow me away with your sewing projects.  I need to learn how to use my machine properly!

Kim, CindysSweetThings posted a couple of squares you sent her.  Do you remember what pattern it is?  They are beautiful!  Here's a picture in case you don't remember which you sent.

It's 4:45 a.m.  It's time for bed for me.  Good morning, everyone!

post-44469-0-67185400-1415277518_thumb.jpg

Archived