Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I got another puffy! Thank you cshort so much for the squares! Love them all. I am still trying to decide what color to put together with but might get to go to Hobby Lobby tomorrow so that will help.... can't wait to get started. :)

Thanks again

post-44513-0-83999800-1414799248_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, here on all saints eve, the time is right to announce for the very first time in BIggest Square History, DUAL ruling new queens for the month Of November, so you all can get started on making more SQUARES!!!!!!!!!!

They are, wait for it,

Kimgoodie, and a_creative_mrs!!!!!!!!!!!! congratz  to you both, we all look forward to serving our new queens, and hope for a long and happy, and very prosperous reign!!!!!!!! As always, thier preferences. updated, are on the first post of this thread!!!!!! I think. lol yeah, they are, congratz again, how is that for a Halloweenie SUrprize ladies!!!!!!!!!! Ok, Hooks up, Yarn out,

delish yarnie goodness!!  Don't you just love these,

in leiu of a crown for our dual queens, we present here to for, your Wreaths!!!

post-40621-0-44741800-1414802547_thumb.jpg

no fighting over which one gets which, lol im making one for my craft room, tomorrow!! lol

post-40621-0-52001300-1414802716_thumb.jpg

Love the Yarn wreaths... Might have to amke a couple of those too...

Do you wrap the yarn around styrofoam balls? Do you use the wood wreath?

Lots of questions I know..

Love the two color block as well. Never did one just will have to try it.

What fantastic timing I have! Congrats kimgoodie and a_creative_mrs!!!!  :yay I do know I have a bunch of purple yarn left from the comfortghan but I'll be off to check out a_creative_mrs's preferences ASAP! 

We had 36 kids trick or treating this year! That's twice as many as last year! Good thing we bought enough candy or we wouldn't have any left for ourselves and believe me that's a priority! We even had 2 moms take our picture with their kids! My tutu fell through (turned out too big and too short) and apparently no one carries green pants, so jeans it was and I still think I pulled off Robin okay. DH made a great Batman! I'll have better pictures at our friends' Halloween party tomorrow night so if we get a good one, I'll post it.  :)

Katie, I love those yarn wreaths... I wonder how DH would feel about that on the front door. I can always hang it in my craft room if he doesn't like it! I'll need to get on Pinterest and figure out the details. 

Hope everyone had a good week and your kids had a successful Halloween!  :jack

hi all, glad to hear all the kiddies had fun tonight, holly, indianna was miserable, i heard it on the weather channel, as well as most of the upper midwest, just chilly here, and windy, but no persipatation so far anyways..

owl vamp no answer for you on the wreath yet, just saw the pics, but Ill figure it out, going to use a styrafoam wreath me thinks, and I don't know if you use real yarn balls, or wrap and glue around balloons, then pop the balloons after they dry, i have no idea yet, how ill do it, lol I would probably make littler ones, if I decide to make them for the brunch bunch, cause I can't see using up all that yarn on one wreath, lol

Its the yarn miser in me

Love the Yarn wreaths... Might have to amke a couple of those too...
Do you wrap the yarn around styrofoam balls? Do you use the wood wreath?
Lots of questions I know..

Love the two color block as well. Never did one just will have to try it.

nikki, I remember when I was a kid, too old to trick or treat, so did the door thing at home and we got in the hundreds of kids, bag after bag of candy disappeared, how times have changed huh!! In my day, when i did trick or treat, i loved the home made goodies of popcorn balls, and candy apples, and little baggies of cookies, times certainly have changed, and it's too bad things like that are not safe these days...sickos out there, with pins, and needles, and drugs in stuff, how sad, our kids didn't really know that, except from private parties, and neighbors.....

What fantastic timing I have! Congrats kimgoodie and a_creative_mrs!!!!  :yay I do know I have a bunch of purple yarn left from the comfortghan but I'll be off to check out a_creative_mrs's preferences ASAP! 

We had 36 kids trick or treating this year! That's twice as many as last year! Good thing we bought enough candy or we wouldn't have any left for ourselves and believe me that's a priority! We even had 2 moms take our picture with their kids! My tutu fell through (turned out too big and too short) and apparently no one carries green pants, so jeans it was and I still think I pulled off Robin okay. DH made a great Batman! I'll have better pictures at our friends' Halloween party tomorrow night so if we get a good one, I'll post it.  :)

Katie, I love those yarn wreaths... I wonder how DH would feel about that on the front door. I can always hang it in my craft room if he doesn't like it! I'll need to get on Pinterest and figure out the details. 

Hope everyone had a good week and your kids had a successful Halloween!  :jack

I took the girls out for trick-or-treating. It was crazy. 36 degrees, windy, snowy/rainy/ice balls... yuck! They didn't last long before they wanted to come home, though.

I did hear from ann by the way, and she will be back when she can, but told me to tell you all, she misses you too.

I got nothing else. lol that's it, im headed in to shower soon, and relax in bed watching something on the tube, so hope you all had fun tonight, and the kiddies got their stash of candy for the year!!!

Good morning all!

Well Halloween ended up okay.....kiddles decided not to go out! Went over to family's house and stayed a bit, they gave her plenty of candy! Didn't have to bribe her at all, in fact they insisted on feeding her too! Double bonus! Lots of trees down in chicagoland and those without electricity...not us thank goodness!

Yes Katy, my girl is full maya from guatamala! She is beautiful and I am in so much trouble! The boys will be like bees swarming around honey....just hope that doesn't start anytime soon!

Nice eye candy!!

Today? The usual errands......to Target/Walmart for staples and then I must go to Joanns to pick up pillow forms, on sale plus my extra % off, to make a couple xmas gifts.....Hope to spend some time at home, our place has become a crazy place, like the fierce winds from yesterday were inside! Yikes!

Hope everyone has a super fantastic day!

kuddles

ogood morning all, and glad you all survived The Hallowed all Saints Eve, lol, with no vampire bites, or bat stings!!

happy Saturday, Im going out a bit later, lay in some suplies myself, beautiful day here, highs around 65  today, so nice to be out and about!! DIdn't sleep well last night, so dragging a bit today but Ill catch my second wind, and go and get my errands done today, nevertheless..

Viking, will senf pics of what I have in orange, if you pm me your email, they don't let you pm pics here, I wonder why....

Kim and Kay, two k names, both 3 letters, like it was planned that you two would be dual queens, wow, how neat!!

CONGRATZ AGAIN, and glad to  have you both to work for this month, lol

Yes, I love programs kuddles, on the Maya, and wasn't too sure there were really any living members left, that is really neat, I bet she is such a beauty too, and yeah, your hard part is just coming up, lol I remember those teens, quite well, lol

well, you all have a wonderfull day today, enjoy yourselves, and Ill yak later!!!!!!!!  ciaw for niaw!! lol

I would like to graciously accept my reign as dual Queen, and congratulations to my counterpart a_creatives_mrs.   I can't wait to shower you with my yarn goodness.

I so enjoyed reading all the things you all did for Halloween.   I too got tricked into treat or treating with my daughter, who is 14 and should be over this by now.   All the neighbors went out in a group, and I am the one who  has awful asthma and arthritis....followed behind in the truck for when they got too wet or cold.....and of course I had my car yarn and needle with me.  lol     The best thing about our neighborhood is almost all the homes participate with passing out.   We know most if not all of the homes we went too, and after two full streets they had more than enough candy, and were ready to go home. We are expected to have snow flurries today.   Gotta love O H I O. 

I love the wreath.....I already got my colors ready.....Red Gold Green....  So let me know when you figure this out Katy.   I was thinking about a styrofoam ring, the flat ones. and glue Styrofoam balls to it, with yarn around them, and sew the ones on top.    Ok this is starting to sound like a hot mess, and I really don't know   laughing too loud to myself.      

Have a yarnterrific day all

ha, there are several ways to do this wreath thing, lol, Im gonna have to check out some blogs I found on it too, I too would use a styrofoam wreath, but tlat or roundish, is still a decision I will have to make, lol, Im going smaller though, I decide to do them for my brunch bunch, and wondering if the syrafoam wreaths come a bit smaller than full size, humm,... Trip to Joanne's seems inevitable today!!

Hey all, don't forget tonight is the night, Late night, or early morning, that we Fall Back an hour,,,,some stuff will do it automatically, l ike for instance the computer, but for those of you that don't know this, I collect clocks, I have lots of clocks, clocks to beat the band actually, all different, lol and I starting doing those that are battery-up, (not all, or I would n't have enough money to buy yarn, spending it on battieries, lol)  as I was saying k I started doing those last week, or I would never have ENOUGH TIME, (pun intended) to do them all!!!!! I make handy man do the microwave, the range, and anything else that is electronic, and I wind and or set ALL the others that I have working, sigh.....

Its a twice yearly ordeal, right up there with, oh I dunno, vacuuming under the couch, lol such fun!!!

Max the cat was a wild "Little Big Boy " last night too, knocked a candle stick, off the talble, broke it, and flew!! I think I can replace the part of it that broke, the cup, it was a crystal cup, on about an 8 inch crystal base, and I have a matching one as well, oh Maxie, what got into you!! Its ok, Ill find a piece, or two, and change them both up to match if I have to, lol

bout all i got, I really am going now, lol, talk to you all later, love hearing about your days and things you all do, lol!

Congrats to the two new queens!

We had a nice time last night. The yucky weather didn't show up until this morning. Y was Link from Zelda, C was Toothless from How to Train your Dragon, and L was a giraffe. I crocheted the hats and Y's gloves. We cut C's wings from fabric. Dh made the shield from cardboard, aluminum foil, and construction paper. We spent a total of $20

I have no idea why they are all sideways. I tried to fix them, too no avail.

post-48303-0-25159800-1414891023_thumb.jpg

post-48303-0-11377400-1414891709_thumb.jpg

post-48303-0-98068200-1414891802_thumb.jpg

post-48303-0-56019400-1414891861_thumb.jpg

post-48303-0-43533700-1414891903_thumb.jpg

Cindy, those are some excellent costumes! Little Viking was Emmet from the Lego Movie, and I went around with him as Wyldstyle. My costume didn't get quite finished, since there was some more painting I'd have wanted to do, but the important costume was done and came out pretty darn good I thought, especially since I didn't have a pattern for the vest! I'll post a link to the show and tell thread once I get it up (where pics will probably also be sideways - C'ville just plain does not do vertical orientation photos).

yarn monkey, I'm so glad the ghan arrived safely! I just went to the post to look at it again and it is just beautiful. It's funny, a lifetime of being highly allergic to pink, I never really realised how appealing a pink and purple blend like that could look. You all did such a wonderful job.

howieann - CONGRATULATIONS! That's wonderful news! 

Hi ladies, I have been slacking on the thread. Making halloween costumes for the littles this month. Sometimes I feel like buying them is a better way to go :/

I feel you there! I always feel like it's cheating to buy them though... Occasionally we had storebought parts in our costumes growing up, but we did a lot of DIY. My mom just found and gave me a playing card costume I made that I had *completely* forgotten about until she showed it to me - I was pretty impressed with how I'd done on it as a kid! We'll see how I feel about homemade costumes once he's older though, or - eep! - if we ever have more than one two deal with! :lol

Our town did trick or treating on the 30th this year, and it turned out to be a blessing. Thursday night was chilly, but the day had been clear and it wasn't too bad (I made sure Emmet had several layers built into his costume just for that!). Friday, however, was cloudy and COLLLLLD! So I was pretty glad we made our rounds the night before. His daycare did trunks and treats on Friday, and I took the day off work so I could participate. All the kids were so cute! It was much, much better than spending the day at work. Then in the afternoon I napped ( :angel  :angel  :angel !!) and assembled party favor bags for the birthday party we celebrated today. We went to the bowling alley and his friends from the old school, the one that closed at the beginning of the month, came to play. He was so excited; he's been talking for weeks about seeing everyone. And we all got some great pictures, too. Life hasn't been great lately, but today was pretty good.  :c9

Good morning!

Happy belated BD Vikingrunner!

Katie, wow oh wow, all those clocks!!!

Cindy, great costumes!

Everyone else, HI!

Even though I set the clock back, my body still woke up at 5:30, which is now 4:30. And of course, kiddles pops up as I leave my room and said 'mom?" so up she came too. So now it's around 5:15, I've already had half my pot of coffee and she is watching her cartoons......a typical early Sunday morning!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Our animals woke up at new 4:30.... Kid at new 5. I just finished taking dog out and feeding dog and cat - usually daddy does that since he's the morning person, but I really couldn't get back to sleep so I figured I'd cut him a break today! Besides, he put the dog in her crate at 4:30 so she wouldn't scratch all the way through the door...! :D

I think I'm going to take Little Viking to Dunkin for breakfast to thank him for playing so quietly by himself for so long!

Archived