Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hello friends. I made myself go out and do a little work this week. Well, different kind of work.. lol it paid off and I got two new clients and some potentials.  I'm so much of a hermit, it's just hard for me to go try to do the salesman thing. 

I made a square and then a corner to corner square and for some reason, just kept making and couldn't stop... so now Im putting together a little blanket with blooming grannies and c2c  squares in lots of colors. No idea why and I have a jillion projects I need to finish/start for Christmas but for some reason, just couldn't put it down. Go figure. 

Hope you are all doing well. I did finish another hippo for my niece, not too fond of the colors but her mom said she'd love it so now working on a dino and owl. Started another drop in the pond for dd's anniversary next month. I used to NEVER have multipe wips. Always had to finish one to start another but wow, guess that's changed. Feeling panicked rush for Christmas setting in. lol

Anyway, cold weather is coming fast. Hope you guys are all doing good and staying warm. And a big thank you to the ones that are working on squares for me. Much appreciated.  :hug

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi ya, well i am late to the party kuddles, seems like most is gone that I might be interested in darn it, but you are doing a bang up biz over there, good for you!

hi Carol, sopo, and all others that I may have missed, lol be back later maybe, phone call, thanks..

I know I've been quiet. Life has been busy and crazy, but that's ok. Today I had an interview to move up into the manager position at my library branch. I should know by the end of the week.

welcome back holly, and good luck doll! we're rootin' for ya!

katy here is the link to the method I was looking for. Going to try this and see how it works. I'll let you all know if I like it or if I pull it out and do it my way. LOL

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/joining-as-you-go-without-cutting-the-thread

Good morning all!

thanks, gonna take a look at that right now sandra!

Sheila's family got their ghan!!! This was a post from her oldest daughter to Sheila's facebook page. She said she cried reading all the cards and seeing the love we put into the afghan.  :manyheart 

post-11765-0-62821600-1414628975_thumb.png

good morning everyone ! Well, We have the car on a "test drive loan" if that makes any sense. We brought it home tuesday night, and we were supposed to find out yesterday if we got it, but the guy called and said to keep it another day and that everything should be done by today(thursday). I really hope so. I love the car, and dont wanna have to give it back LOL. 

Been up since 3am, so 2 hours now, and Im dreading going to work today, 830am-130. The hours arent bad, I just want today to hurry up so i can find out about the car.

:hug to all of you

Good morning!

Holly - congrats on the job!

Katy, actually most items are still available. The cotton yarn is all that *might* be gone......so there is plenty there. The shipping costs are so high I fear I won't sell most of it. Guess I didn't realize how high shipping had become!

SO glad it is Thursday! Oh and for Halloween tomorrow, kiddles and I will be walking around while it is snowing! What the what??

kuddles

Good morning all, 

Katy   Hey Katy have you mapped out a few new projects, with your yarn explosion.

Holly  Congrats on the new job

Yarn monkey.   You did an awsome job on Sheila's blanket., So glad they appreciated it so much.

Immafreek.   What kind of car are you test driving.   Come pick me up girl, take me for a ride   lol   Good Luck with your financing

Have a great day all

P.S.   A square a day in October is almost over.   Boy that was fast

Sorry for being MIA again. It's been one thing after another here! The current craziness is Halloween. I'm busy making costumes. I'll share pics when I'm done.

I did get some squares from Kim a while ago. Here is a pic of what she sent. Thank you, Kim! And speaking of squares, who was the last Queen to receive a square from me? I have a few to send out.

post-48303-0-85767400-1414681909_thumb.jpg

yay, time to celebrate!!

I found out today that I got the job! Hooray!

OOH, hope you get it lacey!!!!!

good morning everyone ! Well, We have the car on a "test drive loan" if that makes any sense. We brought it home tuesday night, and we were supposed to find out yesterday if we got it, but the guy called and said to keep it another day and that everything should be done by today(thursday). I really hope so. I love the car, and dont wanna have to give it back LOL. 

Been up since 3am, so 2 hours now, and Im dreading going to work today, 830am-130. The hours arent bad, I just want today to hurry up so i can find out about the car.

:hug to all of you

Hi ya kuddles, yep postage is high, I will give it all another look see!

Good morning!

Katy, actually most items are still available. The cotton yarn is all that *might* be gone......so there is plenty there. The shipping costs are so high I fear I won't sell most of it. Guess I didn't realize how high shipping had become!

SO glad it is Thursday! Oh and for Halloween tomorrow, kiddles and I will be walking around while it is snowing! What the what??

kuddles

Nice squares you sent to cindy kim, they are gorgeous......the patterns look familiar?? he he.

Good morning all, 

Katy   Hey Katy have you mapped out a few new projects, with your yarn explosion.

Holly  Congrats on the new job

Yarn monkey.   You did an awsome job on Sheila's blanket., So glad they appreciated it so much.

Immafreek.   What kind of car are you test driving.   Come pick me up girl, take me for a ride   lol   Good Luck with your financing

Have a great day all

P.S.   A square a day in October is almost over.   Boy that was fast

ha, nope, just busy getting it all in order, it's done now, to each skein, a home ws found, and is among friends of it's kind, lol That did go fast, the October square a day, are you doing another for Nov. I probably wouldn't do that one, as I have a "few" squares piled up now in stock, lol, but love seeing the pretties, and the patterns!

Sorry for being MIA again. It's been one thing after another here! The current craziness is Halloween. I'm busy making costumes. I'll share pics when I'm done.

I did get some squares from Kim a while ago. Here is a pic of what she sent. Thank you, Kim! And speaking of squares, who was the last Queen to receive a square from me? I have a few to send out.

beautiful, that Kim way shows me up, for sure, lol I love her work! Welcome back by the way cindy, and do show us when you are done working costumes, hey girl, you were missed!!

Hello!

Howieann, congratulations on the job!

Immafreek, I hope all goes well with the car.

Cindy, those are very pretty squares.

Today was a little better, I'm not quite as tired but I think I've caught a cold. Good news is I'm going to see my daughter and her family for the weekend. Their church is doing trunk or treating and fun activities for the kids so we will be hanging out there tomorrow night.

Good morning!

kuddles

even if you use priority boxes for shipping?? I know they really get you now,with distance and weight,I haven't sent out anything to the west coast in ages

Good morning all.......yup I always check priority mail but yarn is so 'puffy' it takes bigger boxes no matter what. Unless someone is buying 1-2 skeins, a puffy envelope won't work. It's all good.......I've had several sales and people are getting great deals even with shipping. Woot!

Kiddles is Pocahontas today......she is maya indian so is perfect!

Gotta run!

Have a great day!

kuddles

Good morning all.......yup I always check priority mail but yarn is so 'puffy' it takes bigger boxes no matter what. Unless someone is buying 1-2 skeins, a puffy envelope won't work. It's all good.......I've had several sales and people are getting great deals even with shipping. Woot!

Kiddles is Pocahontas today......she is maya indian so is perfect!

Gotta run!

Have a great day!

kuddle

Could you squeeze them into the Priority envelope? The soft kind, not the thin cardboard type? Just a skein or two may go cheaper in a manilla envelope. And if they're paying through PayPal it'll give you a small discount on postage if that helps. 

No one is wanting 'just' a skein or two....so far it is multiples so....nope, that envelope won't work.

I just feel bad telling people the postage but I have several who are okay with it so.....

What I don't sell (mainly will be the books) I'll be donating.

Later tators!

kuddles

Hi all! Our work electricity just went off, then on, then off, then on.....then stayed on. We have over 50 mph winds out there!

Hmmmmm do you think kiddles could be talked into no going out trick or treating if I bribed her with a huge frosted brownie from Wendy's and the promise of TV and staying up late?

I'm gonna try it!

kuddles

Archived