Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Here's a few christmas gifts I'm working on...

The first picture is Tic Tac Toe made it out of daughters pants. Nothing is safe in this house when I have an idea. LOL

The next two are tic tac toe too!

One is in Jeans and the other 100% fabric for sister. She loves frogs and has a couple turtles. So I choose that for her to play with grandson.

The last picture is of 4 heat pads I made . I put flax seed in side with a little touch of Lavender.. Well the lavender goes a long ways.

post-73065-0-14194400-1415298573_thumb.jpg

post-73065-0-36793300-1415298740_thumb.jpg

post-73065-0-25741600-1415298780_thumb.jpg

post-73065-0-25115300-1415298799_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just reverse the pictures..

Off to get daughter from school and have one more tic tac toe to finish up and several heating pads to do.. Plus need to crochet some ornaments and finish the afghan Midnight Brights... This weekend celebrating daughters birthday. It's on Monday and she'll be at college.

Hello

Owlvamp, you've been busy, they look great.

I finished my hat last night, haven't taken a picture yet to post, maybe this weekend I'll do it.

I'm working on squares for our queens tonight.

Have a great evening!

hi ya, yep, those are my patterns, so very glad that you all love them, I thought they turned out really nice in Kim's colors too, Im thrilled, lol..

AngelRoseLite thats katy's own pattern to those blocks. They are beautiful. It's free here on the ville.. I'm sure katy will be around and give you the link.

Good morning all!

Your rthings are darling, whod'a thought, where do you get your ideas, lol

The first picture is Tic Tac Toe made it out of daughters pants. Nothing is safe in this house when I have an idea. LOL
One is in Jeans and the other 100% fabric for sister. She loves frogs and has a couple turtles. So I choose that for her to play with grandson.

The last picture is of 4 heat pads I made . I put flax seed in side with a little touch of Lavender.. Well the lavender goes a long ways.

Very cute, and useful too, i love those kinds of gifts!! A+ So do you put them in the microwave then, to get them warm, or what!

and where oh where is our bgs!! she is mia!! Let the dogs out!! call the authorities, make reports! Check your neighborhood hang outs, we gotta find this woman! lol  reason,   well, we miss her!

hi all,

just checking over our list, and some have not checked in at all, for several months, which worries me as  Im getting a list together too, for being in the secret santa in Dec, same as last year, pm me, and Ill assign you a name to send too,  squares, or some littlle things you made or picked up, you know, nothing major or expensive, lol  and when i get all of those that want to join and play, only I will know who got who, and so it will be a real surprise to your partner, till the end, and I think this year, we will all have a mailing deadline date too, having to have it mailed by a certain date, flood the post office, like they are not busy enough in December, lol.

SO, I will run this post a couple times, lookiing for all those that chose to play, and lets say, by the end of this month, i hope to hear from all that want to play, and work on a list, ok. SOund good?? You can pm me, it will also go to my email, so I won't miss it if you want in! Thanks all, not meaning to jump on the Queenies toes, this is their month, but certainly something to finish assembling, before Dec hits, cold and hard, no doubt, least in my little burb, lol     thanks all...

Yes the heating pads go into the microwave. You warm them up and put them on sore spots.. I'm going to make smller ones to fit into a hoody to keep your hands warm. Gosh only knows I need my hands warm in the winter... I'm always cold. Might make a bigger one to put under the sheets to keep my feet warm.LOL

The tic tac toe is partly my idea.. I was making bean bags and was going to use their names but some of them are to long so went with x and o . Daughter likes the game so i went with it. I'm sure if you searched the web they are out there... I might have to look.

Owlvamp, very nice gifts but I love love love the turtle frog one! So darn cute. I want in as well Katie. ;)

Yes the heating pads go into the microwave. You warm them up and put them on sore spots.. I'm going to make smller ones to fit into a hoody to keep your hands warm. Gosh only knows I need my hands warm in the winter... I'm always cold. Might make a bigger one to put under the sheets to keep my feet warm.LOL

The tic tac toe is partly my idea.. I was making bean bags and was going to use their names but some of them are to long so went with x and o . Daughter likes the game so i went with it. I'm sure if you searched the web they are out there... I might have to look.

Oh the hand warmer idea is genius!! And those little frog and turtle tic tac toe bags are adorable! Frogs are my favorites! Poor DH, they're all over our bedroom.  :lol

hi all,

just checking over our list, and some have not checked in at all, for several months, which worries me as  Im getting a list together too, for being in the secret santa in Dec, same as last year, pm me, and Ill assign you a name to send too,  squares, or some littlle things you made or picked up, you know, nothing major or expensive, lol  and when i get all of those that want to join and play, only I will know who got who, and so it will be a real surprise to your partner, till the end, and I think this year, we will all have a mailing deadline date too, having to have it mailed by a certain date, flood the post office, like they are not busy enough in December, lol.

SO, I will run this post a couple times, lookiing for all those that chose to play, and lets say, by the end of this month, i hope to hear from all that want to play, and work on a list, ok. SOund good?? You can pm me, it will also go to my email, so I won't miss it if you want in! Thanks all, not meaning to jump on the Queenies toes, this is their month, but certainly something to finish assembling, before Dec hits, cold and hard, no doubt, least in my little burb, lol     thanks all...

Katie, I definitely want in! Do you need any information other than that? 

I got up this morning and did the dishes and then went off to Sister's for a bit to visit with Peanut before Sister and I went out running around. Her boyfriend is between jobs again so he stayed home with the baby. She and I managed to stay out of Target for once and went to TJ Maxx and Homegoods instead. I was hoping to find a small sleigh to use as a centerpiece for our Christmas dinner. I'm starting early because if I put it off then I'll never find it in time! I also found two toys for my Peanut because I can't go anywhere without finding something for him. One was a little blue sock monkey and the other was a plastic ball with an elephant (his favorite) and some rattle beads inside. You can push a button on it and make it so it either rolls away from him to encourage him to crawl after it or make it so it will stop and roll back to him. I think that's as educational as I can get for a 7 month old!  :) He was thrilled with both and wanted to eat them immediately! 

Tomorrow I don't plan on much outside the house... have too much that I've been neglecting here and I have a recipe binder to make to get all my food magazines off the coffee table and protect the handwritten recipes from my mom. That stack of magazines may or may not be about a foot high... I won't admit to it!!  :lol

Oh the hand warmer idea is genius!! And those little frog and turtle tic tac toe bags are adorable! Frogs are my favorites! Poor DH, they're all over our bedroom.  :lol

Katie, I definitely want in! Do you need any information other than that? 

I got up this morning and did the dishes and then went off to Sister's for a bit to visit with Peanut before Sister and I went out running around. Her boyfriend is between jobs again so he stayed home with the baby. She and I managed to stay out of Target for once and went to TJ Maxx and Homegoods instead. I was hoping to find a small sleigh to use as a centerpiece for our Christmas dinner. I'm starting early because if I put it off then I'll never find it in time! I also found two toys for my Peanut because I can't go anywhere without finding something for him. One was a little blue sock monkey and the other was a plastic ball with an elephant (his favorite) and some rattle beads inside. You can push a button on it and make it so it either rolls away from him to encourage him to crawl after it or make it so it will stop and roll back to him. I think that's as educational as I can get for a 7 month old!  :) He was thrilled with both and wanted to eat them immediately! 

Tomorrow I don't plan on much outside the house... have too much that I've been neglecting here and I have a recipe binder to make to get all my food magazines off the coffee table and protect the handwritten recipes from my mom. That stack of magazines may or may not be about a foot high... I won't admit to it!!  :lol

I want in but i think you know that already... So i checking in now.. So i wont worry about missing the dead line.

Owlvamp, very nice gifts but I love love love the turtle frog one! So darn cute. I want in as well Katie. ;)

Ok, got you three, thanks for replying ladies!! Angel, got you in, you were the first, lol

thanks squares!!     

nothing much on tv tonight, Jurasic park,,,,,,again...and I think something else I have seen several times as well, lol, so will find something to do  or just relax, lol

Its quiet for a thursday evening in here, the whole ville, is silent almost, can hear a pin drop from here, lol

You all have a lovely evening, and i will check in a bit later. This time change thing, I am not used to it yet, getting dark so early, sheesh!!

You know it's not going to be a pretty day when you're at the predicted high at 7am. It's been cold and rainy here all day. I went to my first manager's meeting today. It was ok, but lasted for 4 hours. They said that it's not usually that long. It's hard to believe that in just one week, I'll be making the transition!

How ingenious!  I love your tic-tac-toe kits.  Lucky kids :)

Good Morning!

Thanks for the lovely comments.. I love doing stuff. I cut out a lot fabric last night to make more heating pads. Then on to the smaller ones... Then on to some pot holders and coasters. Okay actually made 5 coasters and 2 placemats last night before going to bed. Daughter wants 10 heating pads for christmas gifts for work. So i got hers all cut out too. Now to find time to sew them. Then want to crochet tops on hand towels. The list goes on and on.

what! no mention of putting together those squares, add that to you list young lady, we wanna see it completed, lol we won't forget you know

Good Morning!

Thanks for the lovely comments.. I love doing stuff. I cut out a lot fabric last night to make more heating pads. Then on to the smaller ones... Then on to some pot holders and coasters. Okay actually made 5 coasters and 2 placemats last night before going to bed. Daughter wants 10 heating pads for christmas gifts for work. So i got hers all cut out too. Now to find time to sew them. Then want to crochet tops on hand towels. The list goes on and on.

ha ha,

Hi Everyone! I'm doing the happy Friday dance  :dance I have actually taught my preschool students to do the happy Friday dance and this morning when we were doing the calendar and I said it was Friday they started doing it without me. My youngest daughter and her hubby are bringing dinner to my house tonight. When I asked if they were coming for dinner my daughter said yes and asked if she could bring turkey and lentil chili and some cornbread. I haven't had that kind of chili before but my daughter is a very good cook so I'm sure it will be delicious. I made brownies for dessert. I haven't seen them in 2 weeks and it will be almost 3 weeks until I see them again so I am looking forward to the visit tonight. I'm still feeling a bit tired so I'm not sure if I want to just sit and crochet this weekend or do some sewing, I guess I'll see how I feel in the morning. I guess that is enough rambling. Have a good evening.

non crochet related

how long do you think it took for someone to scoop up two Jade trees that I set at the curb-side

I was sitting at the computer and it took only 30 minutes for them to find a new home,the gal took them both home.

one was mega size,mil had it in NY( over 35 yrs old) the other came from FL was a mere baby at 12 yrs old

well hi all, Kimgoodie, you are certainly welcome, at the time I made them, I though, did she say some white, or did she not, so thank goodness you can use them!

Kay, you too, are welcome, lol our queens deserve to be spoiled this month ladies!!

Pineknott never saw what a jade plant looks like, I will look that up, glad someone rescued it though, why oh why were you wanting to find it a new home, after so many years with you...It's sad, but glad it went to a good home, both of them...

Carol, you do keep busy, you and kuddles too, with sewing stuff, and family stuff, that's a good hobby though, lol

well, it's gonna get chilly next week, so going to have to get out and enjoy the next few days, before it does.. Everyone have plans for thanksgiving yet, we were asked by daughter and sil, and a friend and neighbor, but the more we think about it, the more we just wanna stay here, and have our own, so we can eat in the living room, and have some leftovers to do it again, the next day, lol  so we'll see I guess.

well, all for now, see ya all tomorrow, and good morning all early birds in advance lol   

Hi Everyone! I'm doing the happy Friday dance  :dance I have actually taught my preschool students to do the happy Friday dance and this morning when we were doing the calendar and I said it was Friday they started doing it without me. My youngest daughter and her hubby are bringing dinner to my house tonight. When I asked if they were coming for dinner my daughter said yes and asked if she could bring turkey and lentil chili and some cornbread. I haven't had that kind of chili before but my daughter is a very good cook so I'm sure it will be delicious. I made brownies for dessert. I haven't seen them in 2 weeks and it will be almost 3 weeks until I see them again so I am looking forward to the visit tonight. I'm still feeling a bit tired so I'm not sure if I want to just sit and crochet this weekend or do some sewing, I guess I'll see how I feel in the morning. I guess that is enough rambling. Have a good evening.

How was the lentil chili? I've only had lentils in burgers so I'm curious. Best I could tell they're just kind of little round beans. Lol I hope you had fun with them and that it will get you through till the next visit!  :)

non crochet related

how long do you think it took for someone to scoop up two Jade trees that I set at the curb-side

I was sitting at the computer and it took only 30 minutes for them to find a new home,the gal took them both home.

one was mega size,mil had it in NY( over 35 yrs old) the other came from FL was a mere baby at 12 yrs old

Those Jade plants are long living things! My grandmother has one that used to belong to my parents before we moved out of town and they didn't want to deal with moving a potted plant. That was almost 20 years ago that we gave it to her. It was regular potted plant size then and now it's a monster of a bush practically! She started two little clippings into their own pots and gave them to me and my sister a few months ago when we met her for lunch. My sister's has gotten tall and skinny and mine is still kind of short but it's gotten fat. Not sure who's doing what right but I just looked it up and now I'm worried about whether or not mine is getting enough sun. I figure I can't be messing it up too bad because it's still alive and I'm awful with plants!  :reyes

Kim and Katie, those squares are lovely!  :manyheart

Can anyone use a 9" hot pink square or a 9" pale yellow square? They all had dreams of being big 12" squares and then I ran out of yarn. PM me your address if you want them and I'll get them out next week with some puffies for our queens! 

Tomorrow, DH, Sister and Peanut and I are all heading out to visit our grandmother and great aunts and a cousin to go to a Ruritan oyster supper. I'm so excited! It happens twice a year and it's all you can eat fried oysters, ham, turkey and sides! It's a fundraiser for the Ruritans and it's so yummy! It's a two hour trip each way to get to where our family lives so it will be an all day affair. Hopefully I'll get back early enough (and awake enough) to check in tomorrow night. 

Happy Friday everyone!  :yay

Archived