Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi all, some eye candy appeared today, via fat puffys!!!  I will post, the first pic is three from our own ann!!! She lurks I tell ya, lol, bless her heart, just want her to know I love them, and thank you so much ann, they are perfect, that one that is four put together, is darling, I never would have thought of using that mitered square, and then putting it with three others, it's so cute, thank you for all!!!!

the other two, were from Stephanie!!! Thank you sopo, my kitty loved them too, he thought he could smell something interesting on them, and I immeditately thought a dog, no, a hedgie maybe!!! how cute, that light brown, I have that color too, was hesitant to use something as It seemed too dark, but it looks great on yours, so now I know I can use it, handyman, immediately said, sand....lol it's sand......lol thank you too, so very much! I love them all!!! Forgive the pics, I am not in the craft room, where I usually photo things, so this is as good as it gets tonight!! thank you so much the two of you!!!!!!

2 from Kim, ty....

3 from Grannyannie, ty...

2 from Sopo, ty                    thanks to all!! they are truley lovely...

oops almost forgot the two newest arrivals.Hugs to you all!

post-40621-0-77341200-1414105182_thumb.jpg

post-40621-0-61621300-1414105212_thumb.jpg

Katie, your squares are beautiful! 

I bought yarn today for sopo's squares... they may just make it to her before the end of the month. Maybe!  :)

I've finally got the comfortghan all assembled, literally just finished about 2 minutes ago! Now I just need to weave in a million ends and do a simple border. Okay, it's not really a million ends, it's more like 16, but that feels like a million to me! 

In between bordering and end weaving, I need to work on my Halloween costume. DH's best friend and his wife have a party every year and this year we decided to do a couple's costume and finally decided on one two nights ago. We're going as Batman and Robin! He'll be Batman and I'll be Robin. I went to Joann's yesterday and bought 12 yards of tulle to make myself a tutu! Thank goodness tulle is cheap!  :lol It would have been easier to buy it by the spool, already cut to the right size, but it's so much more expensive that way that I couldn't justify it, despite the work being done for me. I think I'll be cutting tulle for several days straight! Lol

Okay, I'm off to weave these ends and get the border started. I'll let you all know when it's finished! Tomorrow is a Peanut day so I'm not sure how much I'll get done until tomorrow night so I want to make as much progress tonight as possible! 

Happy Friday tomorrow!  :yay

Good morning Squares!

Yup I woke up at 2, laid for half an hour then creeped out to the front room......we are in a tiny condo so have to be so quiet and not wake up kiddles!

Ah sleep, you elude me!

So here I am checking in...

Katy - great squares!

Sooooooo glad it is Friday! This weekend the temps will be better so we hope to do a lot of walking!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

oooh chilly sounds good, lol...

YEP, TOMORROW is saturday, where did the week go, lol. cleaned up a few things I had lying around, got that done, and getting ready to just cruise tomorrow, do a few errands perhaps, maybe lunch out, not sure yet, nothing really planned, sunday, we have din din with my dd and son in law, so that is going to be nice, but tomorrow, Im wide open, lol

can't wait till the first of Nov. well to be exact the first saturday of Nov, as that is when I can take this huge bag of goodies to the truck that collects for the Open door Mission, here in omaha...get tht out of the way in my craft room, lol, and still have a bin of finsihed ghans to figure out what to do with, lol..\

\Whomever asked, yarn monkey me thinks, i always ship the cheapest way, at the post office, still beats UPS, and FED Ex, and I don't require a tracking number, or ins, but it is available if you want it, just costs a few bucks more is all.

ok, wel,over and out for tonight, Ill see ya all tomorrow!!!

Thank you so so much to all the wonderful ladies who sent me squares for the comfortghan!  :hug  The finished product can be found in this Show and Tell post

This weekend I'll be working on my tutu for my Halloween costume and then I'm making sopo's squares. Sopo, I promise they're coming!! Lol 

I spent a nice day with Sister and Peanut today. We went to Target and Starbucks and Goodwill. I was hoping for an afghan I could rescue from the Goodwill or even some yarn but I didn't find either. Those poor abandoned afghans always make me so sad and I always want to bring them home with me. I always think about some grandmother sitting and making it for their daughter or granddaughter and then it winding up at the Goodwill, just tossed aside and abandoned!  :cry  It's awful, but I can't help it. 

Tomorrow is the grocery store and some cleaning and tutu making. Yay weekend!  :yay

I got another puffy! :yay  :cheer  Thank you Grannyannie for the squares. They are all beaiutiful. 

Katie, shouldn't have hedgie smell on the squares lol. Hedgies have their own room and are away from the yarn. ;)

Long day today, thought I was going on a last minute bike ride tomorrow over a scenic route that shows off the leaves changing but it was postponed till next week. they should just be even more pretty by then. 

Gosh, I still can get over this month is almost finished. The 30th is my dd's birthday and that will finish it out. 

I came across a pattern for a 'baseball' bracelet that is made from an actual baseball. It turned out really cute, I'll try to post pics tomorrow. 

Here's hoping you all have a wonderful weekend. :) 

post-44513-0-10361800-1414209265_thumb.jpg

Good morning! Well after not sleeping the night before I did fine last nite! Was still up at 6....that is late for me!

Kiddles and I are going to the Arboretum in a nearby suburb....we have a free entry and free tram ride and the leaves should be gorgeous! Taking along cameras.....hope to get some great pix!

Love the addl square pictures....all great!

FYI - I will be taking a look at my crochet items - books/mags/yarn - and posting to destash here on the ville.....I need to make room and I have especially some big skeins of cotton that I should let go to new homes. I'll let you know when I post....

Have a super great day!

kuddles

Hello everyone!

I've finally posted the pictures of the sewing projects that have been keeping me busy. They are here if you would like to see them http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/152799-ive-been-sew-busy/

I'm still working squares for our queen, they will be in the mail this week.

Katie, congratulations on your treasure find today!

Yesterday was a teacher planning day so I decided to take the day off and drive to my daughter's for the weekend. My grandkids were excited to see me. We decided to drive to Disney World yesterday to spend the day with some friends who were there, we had sooooo much fun.

Guess thats about it for me. Have a great evening.

wow, Im a happpy camper today, garage sale find, check out my thread here, for pics!! More than excited, short sentences, breathing fast!! Heart pounding!!

in other news, we'll be on the lookout for that destash Kuddles, also, yarnmonkey, your ghan turned out lovely!!

Thanks, Katie! I'm thrilled with it and I can't wait until they get it. I really hope we get pictures!!  :manyheart

Good morning! Well after not sleeping the night before I did fine last nite! Was still up at 6....that is late for me!

Kiddles and I are going to the Arboretum in a nearby suburb....we have a free entry and free tram ride and the leaves should be gorgeous! Taking along cameras.....hope to get some great pix!

Love the addl square pictures....all great!

FYI - I will be taking a look at my crochet items - books/mags/yarn - and posting to destash here on the ville.....I need to make room and I have especially some big skeins of cotton that I should let go to new homes. I'll let you know when I post....

Have a super great day!

kuddles

DH will probably kill me... but I'll keep an eye out for the post anyway because I'm the only one who ever checks the mail anyway!  ;)

I cleaned off the kitchen table before dinner this evening (we never eat there lol) so that I could start cutting the tulle for my tutu (12 yards need to be cut into 1 yard by 6 inch strips and tied to elastic by the 1st) and then I realized that we apparently we don't have the yardstick that I swear we had... So no cutting until I can get to Home Depot tomorrow and buy a yardstick. Sheesh! I'll be cutting till my hands fall off. Oh well, that means time to make the squares for Stephanie!  :D

Sister and I went to pick up a dresser for her this afternoon and on a whim, we stopped at an antique store we've never been in before. I found a ceramic light up Christmas tree!! The sort I've been hunting for for at least 2 years and haven't been able to find... at least intact and not outrageously priced! I picked it up and it came right on home with me!  :c9  My grandmother had one when I was growing up and it sat on the sideboard every Christmas right next to the dinner table (the adult one- us kids were relegated to the kitchen table, but that was always the fun table anyway!) My grandmother's was only a small one, maybe 10 inches or so and this one is a bit of a monster, probably about 20", and it needs a star but those are all over eBay but it was whole and lovely and I'm so excited!

Okay, I'm off for a movie and some hooking on Stephanie's squares! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!  

HAVE FUN Kuddles and kiddles, hope to see some pics from your trip!

Carol, those are absolutely adorable...

yarnmonkey, you do stay busy, wow, so much on your work table, lol and congratz on your find, I have one of those, where the little lights poke through the little holes in the tree, it's white, and put away of course, but it does don our tables at christmas and even sometimes, thanksgiving dinners!! Gives off such a soft pretty light too....seasonal, and calming, all at the same time!

Bo Howdy, I took a break in organizing things so I could get into the craft room, had some din din, relaxed for a bit, finished up one square I had started, and sat and gazed at all that yarn!!!!!

ha ha.

dinner out tomorrow with my daughter and her hubby, so should be another pleasant and happy day!!

what else, such mild weather here this week and next, Im amazed, shouldn't we have snow by now, lol shhhhhh don't tell Mother Nature I said that ok..........

next on my list of things to do, is my closet, time to put some warm weather stuff in a bin, and bring out the sweaters, and gloves and such for cooler weather, that is not a hard job, but still, it's a job, lol

well, i hope to have yarnhappy dreams tongiht, so will see you all later on tomorrow, have a great second day of your weekend! I have had a dandy Saturday!!!!

My great aunt had one of those ceramic trees with the lights and I always loved it as a girl, so when I found one at one of those pottery painting places, I pounced on it! Didn't get it out last year though, between dog and cat and toddler....

Speaking of dog, we're in Kuddles' boat now. We've come to the conclusion that what our poor girl needs is a home where both adults don't work and they've got space for her to run.... We came close to this before but could never make the leap, but it's past time now. We're all going to be sad.... Even the cat's going to miss her a bit, I believe! He'll be happy to be able to walk through the house without being chased, yeah, but he'll miss sparring with her....

It's so hard, but I know it's best for us all.... I'm incredibly sad about it, but at the same time I feel more at peace about her than I have for a long time. Maybe someday we'll be at the right spot for a dog...!

Good morning!

VikingRunner.....you are totally doing the right thing! For everyone! Hang in there!

Katy - wow! What a stash! Congrats!

cshort - WOW!!!!!

yarnmonkey - we'll see how quickly I can pull together a list! Who knows!

Our 'trip' went well except we got there around 10:30 and it was packed! Couldn't get a tram ride. We walked around the pond and took pictures of the decorated scarecrows and leaves, drove around to see more trees and called it a day! LOL It was gorgeous out (around 70 and sun) so was great for that reason!

Well, off to see what today brings......have a great one all!

kuddles

cshort I amazed at all the cute clothes you make for your grandkids.  They are so lucky to have such a talented grandma.

katy, wow is right and I know you will put all that yarn  to very good use.  Don't be tossing around that s word in vain.  Several years ago we  had a horrible mid Oct ice/snow storm.  My friend and I were shocked when we came out of the gym.  I still remember the drive back home, slick streets and worrying about all the tree limbs coming down. No one was expecting it, not even the weather people.  .  

yarn_monkey, I have a ceramic Christmas tree also.  It's special because it was my mother's and she has been gone 20 years.  Some of  her friends (which I also personally knew because I later worked at the same hospital) had given it to her. I also have her ceramic pumpkin light.  It is open in the front and there are scenes to change out in it for fall, Halloween, and Thanksgivng.  

viking  :hug sorry you are having to make the hard decision.  

sopo beautiful squares grannyannie sent you.  Seems like your reign as queen went by doubly fast.

Hello

Thanks for the compliments on the clothes. Of course they have already given me a list of what they would like next. We went to church this morning and now we're relaxing, I'll be heading home later today.

Have a great day everyone.

hi everyone. Ive had a pretty crappy day. My car is outta comission. The entire braking system is shot all to heck. It is completley undriveable and totaly unsafe to drive. So there goes $1500+ down the drain. and only $300 was what we actually paid for the car. Im ready to take it out to pasture and light it on fire, ive had enough with it. So now we are trying to find a car at an actual dealership that we can afford (LOL yeah right)

to make matters worse for me today, Lastnight my dear sweet fiance said he wanted to start trying for a baby. well since the car kicked the bucket today, that whole idea went up in flames. So needless to say im kinda heartbroken atm.

Time to pull up my big girl panties and deal with it. So, Ill be ok, hope you all are doing well :hug

First ...... hugs to Immafreek! What a day!

Second.....I pulled out many books/mags to purge along with yarn. I've taken a few pictures, once I get them all taken and downloaded....I'll post to the destash page here on the ville and alert you gals....

What doesn't sell in a week, will go to charity!

kuddles

ohh poor imafreek, sorry to hear about your troubles both with car, and everything else, hope all improves for you quickly...

as for viking, sorry to hear that as well, what kind of dog is she??I seem to recall she is a lab , but i might be thinking of someone else. We had a lab, when daughter was small, she was a puppy for a very long time it seemed, lol, but at about 1 and half years old, she seemed to have found her adult genes, and was such a good girl...

every one else, hello, and how're ya.....

Im am stuff,ed  from lunch/dinner, as we need no real dinner tonight, we gourged at 2 this aft. with daughter and hubby, had a nice time, still full!!

still can't get over that yarn score, wow, i mean, a simple estimate, or educated guess I supose you could call it, i came up in between 350 and 400 bucks worth, and I assigned each skein,  a simple 3 bucks, cept for the cotton, the sportz, the baby, and the specialty yarn and all the stray yarn balls!! , sheesh......I won't HAVE to buy yarn for a while, but I will. he he he,

Hope it rains a bit tonight, feels like it could, and I feel like i could use a nice rainy evening as well, lol to relax by, have had an exciting busy weekend! I think i will loosely keep track of skeins in and skeins used, lol if I remember to do so, I didn't ever join that stash buster cal, cause I really didn't think that there would be any sense in me doing it, I stay even, it seems, but Im gonna do it on my own for a bit and just see....

will tackle that closet maybe tomorrow, I have a bunch of old purses too, to sack up and ship out to goodwill, lol I usually just use the one, and change in winter, then back to it in spring, I dunno, I use what i like, lol and stick with it I guessl.

all for now, how you all have a grea evening!

HAVE FUN Kuddles and kiddles, hope to see some pics from your trip!

Carol, those are absolutely adorable...

yarnmonkey, you do stay busy, wow, so much on your work table, lol and congratz on your find, I have one of those, where the little lights poke through the little holes in the tree, it's white, and put away of course, but it does don our tables at christmas and even sometimes, thanksgiving dinners!! Gives off such a soft pretty light too....seasonal, and calming, all at the same time!

Bo Howdy, I took a break in organizing things so I could get into the craft room, had some din din, relaxed for a bit, finished up one square I had started, and sat and gazed at all that yarn!!!!!

ha ha.

dinner out tomorrow with my daughter and her hubby, so should be another pleasant and happy day!!

what else, such mild weather here this week and next, Im amazed, shouldn't we have snow by now, lol shhhhhh don't tell Mother Nature I said that ok..........

next on my list of things to do, is my closet, time to put some warm weather stuff in a bin, and bring out the sweaters, and gloves and such for cooler weather, that is not a hard job, but still, it's a job, lol

well, i hope to have yarnhappy dreams tongiht, so will see you all later on tomorrow, have a great second day of your weekend! I have had a dandy Saturday!!!!

I'm happiest with a bunch of crafty projects happening! I have so many UFOs floating around that it's easy to stay busy! Idle hands and everything, right? Lol 

hi everyone. Ive had a pretty crappy day. My car is outta comission. The entire braking system is shot all to heck. It is completley undriveable and totaly unsafe to drive. So there goes $1500+ down the drain. and only $300 was what we actually paid for the car. Im ready to take it out to pasture and light it on fire, ive had enough with it. So now we are trying to find a car at an actual dealership that we can afford (LOL yeah right)

to make matters worse for me today, Lastnight my dear sweet fiance said he wanted to start trying for a baby. well since the car kicked the bucket today, that whole idea went up in flames. So needless to say im kinda heartbroken atm.

Time to pull up my big girl panties and deal with it. So, Ill be ok, hope you all are doing well :hug

Oh, I'm so sorry! I hope you get the car figured out and can move on with your plans!  :hug

I started a beautiful square for Stephanie last night! But it's the sort with a big flower in the  middle, 8 petals, each about 5 rows before you even move on to the 3rd round of the square. I got done with the petal round and realized I messed it up all the way back on the first petal.  :bang  :bang  :bang  DH said maybe you should put that down and start again tomorrow! I was so mad at myself, I could hardly stand it. It's so lovely though, so back at it trying again this evening. This time I'll read those directions a little more carefully,  :(

I went to Home Depot this morning and got my old fashioned wooden yardstick, much to the Home Depot employees dismay, he wanted me to buy the more expensive metal one, but I wanted the thickness in the wood so I knew my sewing chalk wouldn't slip over and mess up my line. Got 4 yards of tulle cut into 4 inch strips this evening and decided that that's all the scissor operating my hand can handle!  :yes I'm hoping I can get the other 8 yards cut tomorrow, even if I have to split it up into sessions. If that happens, I should have my costume done in a few days!  :yay

I hope everyone had a good weekend, trips to church, visits with family and all.  :)

Archived