Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!  Just a quick check in.  I'm sorry that I don't have time to check all the posts that I have missed, there are a ton of them too!  If I have missed something important will someone please let me know about it.  I've been struggling fighting off a cold/flu thing all week, blah.  We had a nice time at my granddaughter's birthday party and today they all came out to our house for pumpkin picking!  Pappy (my DH) plants them for the grands every year and this year we had a very nice crop!  It turned out to be a beautiful day and the kids all had fun choosing their pumpkins, one large and one small each.  Now mom and dad have to deal with the carving/decorating, lol.  We had some nice little treats, of course, and did some coloring and since the oldest kids had to leave early it was just the youngest two girls (3 and 5 yrs old) left to keep occupied so we painted our fingernails with some "very pretty pink" nail polish that I've had on hand for just this sort of occasion!  It was wonderful!  I hope you are all well.  I'll try to get back in this week to get caught up!  Hugs to all..

That sounds like a great day, granny! Pumpkins and little ones are always so much fun. ^_^

Angel, I just picked up Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle from the Nerdy Knitter. I'm not going to tell the little guy about it though! He saw me looking at the patterns and got very upset about the difference between buying a toy and buying a pattern to make a toy! So he can just wait until I get a chance to get yarn and start working on it, because that's going to be a while! :lol

That sounds like a great day, granny! Pumpkins and little ones are always so much fun. ^_^

Angel, I just picked up Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle from the Nerdy Knitter. I'm not going to tell the little guy about it though! He saw me looking at the patterns and got very upset about the difference between buying a toy and buying a pattern to make a toy! So he can just wait until I get a chance to get yarn and start working on it, because that's going to be a while! :lol

That's a great pack! My niece wants Rarity and Twilight Sparkle. Someday I will make them. Crocheting it all was easy. I'm even better at attaching the pieces together in their right place. The cutie mark and eyes intimidated me. Good thing the designer told me she used sequins. No embroidering necessary. Then I decided to use invisible thread to layer the felt pieces of the eyes together, and that really helped. I hate cutting and attaching the eyelashes. The felt breaks apart so easily. I plan to purchase a sheet of craft foam to redo the eyelashes.

hi everyone :) how are you all ? we are all pretty good. work is kicking my butt, but i enjoy it. ive had zero time to crochet anything lately, but i have 4 days off, so im hoping to get some more of my squares put together :D see you all tomorrow

hi all, how goes i today!!

I kept busy today, cleaned out craft room closet, sorted, arranged, reorganized, moved, toted, lifted,and dusted and vacuumed, before putting it all back lol, i came up with two bins emptied out, as the things in them, were re orgaized,and put with others of it's kind, sooooo it's pretty good in there now, and will re do the shelves tomorrow maybe, lol if the energy holds out a bit longer!!  made a bit of room for more yarn, lol.

Oh sandra, can't send your package tomorrow, columbus day, office is closed, maybe UPS is open you can mail reg mail there, for a small fee, and no lines, usually, lol

So worked on that most of the day, with few breaks, so tired tonight, thinking of making some hot tea, taking an alergy pill, from dust I think, and relaxing watching some movie on tv.  so see you all tomorrow, have a great day off, if you get it off anyways, lol......till tomorrow!

Good morning!

Family party then swim lessons......woke up at 3 am, finally got up at 4:30, kiddles was awake of course so up we are!

No plans for today, no responsibilities, just hoping to do some crafting! Yeah. we'll see how that goes!

Have a great Columbus Day all!

kuddles

Good morning!!

Plans for here are to crochet more bright yellow squares and clean house.

I finished the three diaper bags.. On two of them I need to finish snipping them but first need to find my spring action scissors.. Way easier on the hand.. Made some wash clothes and a couple burp clothes...

Need to start thinking about christmas gifts now.. I need to make a list so I don't forget anything or anyone..

It's fixed!  It's fixed!  I didn't think it would work, but it did!  I was having 'ville withdrawals :lol

How is everyone this fine early morning?  I'm sleeping early today.  It's 1:15 a.m.  I got my 'ville fix; now I can sleep soundly.  Happy Tuesday!

Pineknott I was trying to figure out the same thing! I can't even message her for her address to get the squares out for the ghan she's making for her neighbor! If anyone has it and could send it to me so they can go put today, I would really appreciate it!

wow!! WE'RE BACK!! SHEESH, WHAT A DAY YESTERDAY HUH!! I know pineknott, I liked that working for the state, we got every holiday imaginable off, including thurs and fri, for thanks giving, lol all paid!!

Good morning

here schools are open today,but banks post office and federal offices,libraries are closed and the military has the day off

This is quite strange owvamp, about your name, now in the quote, it's you, but in your icon, it's guest, you should contact amy or donna, and change that up for you!!

Good morning!!

Plans for here are to crochet more bright yellow squares and clean house.
I finished the three diaper bags.. On two of them I need to finish snipping them but first need to find my spring action scissors.. Way easier on the hand.. Made some wash clothes and a couple burp clothes...

Need to start thinking about christmas gifts now.. I need to make a list so I don't forget anything or anyone..

Yeah, hi maria, missed being here too yesterday!!

It's fixed!  It's fixed!  I didn't think it would work, but it did!  I was having 'ville withdrawals :lol

How is everyone this fine early morning?  I'm sleeping early today.  It's 1:15 a.m.  I got my 'ville fix; now I can sleep soundly.  Happy Tuesday!

Good Morning

yesterday was rough not being able to connect with my 'ville friends and wonder why Owlvamp's name isn't appearing and it just says guest

???

Pineknott I was trying to figure out the same thing! I can't even message her for her address to get the squares out for the ghan she's making for her neighbor! If anyone has it and could send it to me so they can go put today, I would really appreciate it!

I have it yarn monkey, do you still need her addy?? I will pm you.

pm sent yarn monkey, sandra, my puffy will go out either today, or tomorrow, am waiting for one thing I had on ebay for the gal to pay pal, want to only make the one trip to the PO, lol so whenever she pays, which should be soon, I will post yours out as well as hers!

Hello ladies.. I don't know what is up with my account but it started me all over like I'm a new member today..

I sent yarn_monkey address and will go post on my board. I'm using daughters computer but she will be heading back to college so I might not be able to get on. I already contacted Amy about this. But nothing is working yet..

Oh good, Kim got them, lol Glad they will work for you, I love making the pin wheel ones, so fun, lol keeps me occupied. I just have known how to make them forever, but Im sure someone out there has a pattern for them!!

Ann, so good to hear from you, so Hey lady!! oops that reminds me of a song I like, gotta go and look that up, don't remember the lyrics too much, or who sang it....talk to you all later, and owlvamp I think other are having your problem too, as I saw a couple others with guest in front or behind the name......glad you emailed about it.......

Archived