Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still catching up from last week but bounced up here because owlvamp suddenly disappeared! I see there was a lot of weirdness yesterday though; I hope everything gets fixed and everyone can get their account info back. In an additional piece of weirdness, when I scrolled down to the quick reply, instead of being a blank white space for typing, the whole webpage was loaded again within the frame.

Ah, thanks for the sequins tip! I'll keep that in mind. I was thinking of invisible thread for the felt layers too, rather than trying to color match each layer. AND I wondered about doing those eyelashes in felt... I was thinking of trying something with yarn, maybe. Craft foam might be good too.

That's a great pack! My niece wants Rarity and Twilight Sparkle. Someday I will make them. Crocheting it all was easy. I'm even better at attaching the pieces together in their right place. The cutie mark and eyes intimidated me. Good thing the designer told me she used sequins. No embroidering necessary. Then I decided to use invisible thread to layer the felt pieces of the eyes together, and that really helped. I hate cutting and attaching the eyelashes. The felt breaks apart so easily. I plan to purchase a sheet of craft foam to redo the eyelashes.

Hi all, got the drop in the pond done around 2 in the morning. I posted it in show and tell. 

I made this one bigger for me but is approx 35" x 48" an acceptable lapghan size? I want to make some of these as gifts for Christmas but have to watch how much I spend on yarn for each and of course how much time I have to get them done. 35 x 48 is about what the first one came out to when I made it following the pattern.  

Thanks, owlvamps squares and another puffy went out today. :)

And yes, I had 'ville withdrawal too!

hi everyone, well, good everyone is back,and in top form, chatting away!! Hi viking, and sopo, lacey and owlvamp, angel and carol, and all else!! having some company tomorrow, so i got caught up with Kims' thread for a day or two, and will be fine, but probably tomorrow, will suffer from crochet withdrawl....least till after lunch, lol 

post office trip is on the agenda for tomorrow afternoon, so sandra, heads up, paddy greens on their way then,

nothing much else to report, had some home made potato soup and hot french bread tonight for dinner, tasted really good, as it was so chilly out most of the day, so it warmed us  up. Right about supper time too, the wild turkeys were in our front yard, there is a flock or whatever you call it, that must live at the lake a few blocks away, and it's a mama and her eleven now teenagers, last year, toddlers, that frequent our yard, the cat, sheesh, he doesnt know what to think of those size birds, they are big this year, and fat as can be... He took a look, and backed away from the window, ever so leary of them, lol

they make this funny kind of clatter, the mama calling the kids to follow her, and they obey, without question, lol

was interesting to see them back this year, so they must winter at the lake, or something, there is no hunting turkeys at the lake and surrounding areas, so they are relatively safe there, other than you know, predators of some kind, or something.....

I didn't think they could fly, but they have no trouble getting over our bak fence either, soooo lol well, i guess that's it, sorry to rattle on, but glad to see you all back! have a great evening!

Oh Katie, potato soup sound so good... I just love it! 

I'm all finished with the squares for the comfortghan for Sheila... I have 48 and that'll make a 6 square x 8 square afghan in 8" squares. I think that's a pretty good size! I have all the squares with me except the one Katie just sent, so I can get everything together except that one and then just do that one and a border when we get home this weekend and get it off to the family.

Not much to report as my dad lives in a very small town, so it's been a lot of crocheting and relaxing and visiting, which is just fine with me! I just miss Peanut. I've had Sister sending me lots of pictures every day and I've already told her I'll be there first thing when we get back in town! She sent me one picture where he fell asleep in his walker and his face is smooshed against the back. And he's discovered his tongue so just about every picture she sends, he's got his tongue out. Cutest tongue ever in this biased auntie's opinion! I'll post a couple next time I get my own laptop out. 

Hope everyone is having a good start to their week!  :)

checking in, having my sister over today, for a few hours, and lunch, then will venture out, and mail off those two packages this afternoon, the soup was good, got full, and the bread rolls, onion garlic, with melted butter over the tops, were delish with it. I think my sister and I are ordering in lunch from a sandwich shop nearby that delivers, and I plan on serving the potato soup as a side, topped with shredded cheese, green onion, and bacon, ummm, she will love it, she doesn't cook much, and usually eats what he wants to make, so her favorites are not usually on their menu. What can I say you know, glad handyman is more thoughtful than that!

got a tired headache a little bit, it will go away soon, i took some ibprofen a few minutes ago. My sister is thinking of getting a wig, so got my three out, for her to try on, I seldom wear them anymore, but they come in handy, when you want to go out, and don't want to bother with the hair, you know.. See which style and stuff she might like for when she gets her own.

that is it, a sister day, and a hot lunch, lol I live such a quiet life, lol    

Well, better get some clothes on, instead of my loungers, lol catch up with you all later!~

Just checking in.  We had a busy weekend with the bonsai society--display at a Japan Festival at one of the colleges on Sat and special event Sun with a master.  I didn't sleep very well Sat night so I checked in here about 2 am Sun morning.  Then Mon when I had time to visit the site was messed up and yesterday I couldn't stay connected to the internet long enough to do anything.  Glad everything seems to be working again.  

Hello everyone and thank you for the birthday wishes.

Nothing exciting going on here just a work day and I'm planning to do some sewing tonight, I have an Elsa costume to work on for my granddaughter.

Have a great evening everyone.

Happy Birthday Carol !!! :hug

I finally got my drivers license today :) however, half way through the test, my exhaust pipe broke in half, up under the front seats. grrrrr. Now to get that fixed before work friday and saturday. But hey, Im legal to drive now LOL

:yay  :cheer  :birthday  :cake  :2spin   Happy Birthday, Carol!  I hope it's been great so far!

Congrats on getting your license, ImmaFreek!  I remember way back when that I got my license.  It was in Oakland, CA.  I was not familiar with it then, me being an L.A. girl and all, but I managed it.  I'm glad I practically started my driving lessons on freeways because I was made to get on for a short distance.  I wish they all did that.  I hope you can get your car fixed soon.

Hello, everyone!  It's been warm but cooler here.  I'm so happy!  I don't even need to open my windows to keep my room fresh.  I love it :)

TTFN

Necroing an older post, but I just saw it (finally all caught up!) and had to laugh... in my head, it's usually "Bear Not"!

I love Mikey, but......sometimes it bothers me that he pronounces Bernat, as Burr Gnat.....I think it is Burr nay,,,lol quirky  me, i know! How lucky were you to meet him though, that is someting!

Archived