Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Imnot sure wht would look best to edge it in, I would guess soft white, or light frosty green, i don't know realliy without holding them up together, lol

Just a quick check in to say hi!  :waving

I'm just about finished with making squares for craziebunny's comfortghan... Just trying to decide what color to do borders and join them with... they're all different shades of pink and purple so I can't decide whether to stick with pink and purple or do another color all together. Any suggestions? I really can't decide and need to get this process going! 

Sopo, maybe I'm over thinking but I have a question... I know you want cotton... Cotton like sugar and cream or cotton like I Love This Cotton or does it matter? Just gotta make sure first!  :yes

I love Mikey, but......sometimes it bothers me that he pronounces Bernat, as Burr Gnat.....I think it is Burr nay,,,lol quirky  me, i know! How lucky were you to meet him though, that is someting!

Here is the picture.

ha, yes  I sure could make some, but won't commit to all of the blues, lol, see other thread (kims) for questions and answers!

So you are making the blue squares?

Here are the colors that will be used in Red Heart Super Saver
Purple---Amethyst
Pink ---Pretty-in-pink
Orange ---Pumpkin
Yellow ---Bright Yellow
Green ---Paddy green
Blue ---Blue

Anything else katy?

boythings have changed huh, I always did super well in those yearly tests that you colore in the dots,,,,,,,, so ended upm in a lotof advanced classes as well, and when all my friends were cruising through thier reg courses, I ws always stumped on something!!

Good morning! So much chat and pretty pictures!!!

Cool and rainy here pretty much all week......

Poor kiddles (and me!).....4th grade appears to pour on the homework and she has learning issues so that means WE have over 2 hours of homework! When are you supposed to get in dinner, shower and a walk for your health?? I'm soooooo tired of homework already and she has 8 years to go! Anyone else feel my pain?

Have a super day!

kuddles

Oh, i feel your pain!

OH Kuddles I so feel your pain pain pain

My daughter just started high school, and I haven't been to school in 30 years.   But I feel like I was just forced to go back

She is in a school of excellence "Science and Medicine".   She has 3 honor glasses and 2 AP classes.   Dear Lawd baby and grown up Jesus.   She is at the table for 4 to 6 hours a night.  I can help her most times with her Algebra....but honors biology, biomedical science, and physical science.   Im no help at all.

She has been going to Saturday school to get extra help....I told her I didn't have as much work in college, and I have 2 degrees.   Its so hard some days because I want to tell her to just drop out and go back to regular school, but per her guidance counselor and past principal was determined for her to get into this school.   If she makes it 3 years, she will get enter college in her 12th grade year as a sophomore, and will be guaranteed a scholarship. Please pray for me and kuddles.lol

Owlvamp

I was so excited ( in my world it doesn't take much,lol) I had the mint color the picture showed

I will see if I have paddy green,if not I'll use up the pumpkin that needs to leave the premises,Oh I'm just waiting for Katy's comment,since she knows how much I detest orange

shhhhhh mum'sthe word pinekott, no one needs to know........................

Does anyone follow the crochet crowd ? Do you get there e-mails or news letters? Well I do one of my favorite people to follow is Mikey On Crochet crowd. I love when I don't understand I can go to you tube and Mikey is there to help.. I got to meet him when he came to NC for his tent sale... So here is a picture of me with Mikey and daughter.

how lucky were you!!!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sandra, would be thrilling to see your own thread on this, and will be much easier to keep track of everything on a separate thread, do let us know though, so we know where to go!! That breakdown is great, see my post in Kims thread, for other questions I had doll, thanks a bunch,l and it's super generous of you to tackle such a big project!!!!!!!!!!! Im sure recipient will be forever grateful!

Owlvamp, I think you need to start a thread in the comfortghan forum so you aren't having to update in two threads and  people won't have to search through all the posts to find out how many of what color are still needed.  You can put the list of what is needed (color and number)  and update what is still needed as people commit or let you know how many they were able to get out of the yarn they had on hand.  

Well I am already lost looking through 2 threads trying to remember is it 3 rounds to equal 3 inches of the specifed colors and then the black will be added when they are joined together but sometimes I am easily confused.   

Just a quick check in to say hi!  :waving

I'm just about finished with making squares for craziebunny's comfortghan... Just trying to decide what color to do borders and join them with... they're all different shades of pink and purple so I can't decide whether to stick with pink and purple or do another color all together. Any suggestions? I really can't decide and need to get this process going! 

Sopo, maybe I'm over thinking but I have a question... I know you want cotton... Cotton like sugar and cream or cotton like I Love This Cotton or does it matter? Just gotta make sure first!  :yes

You can stitch them together without adding a border to each square and then select one of the colors to border the whole thing or you could use more than one color in subsequent rows of the border.  If I was going to add a border to the squares I would probably go with white but its hard to really say without laying all the squares out and looking at them.  

post a link here when you do please so I know it's done. I have some pink and yellow odds and ends I can make some up with but please post the specifications again in the new thread... I usually use an I hook and I think I remember reading you want to use an H and do you want spaces between the corners, etc. Thanks. 

oooh she did it!!! Sandra, (owlvamp) has opened her thread, I have visitied it, and see what I have, I probably will do some of all the colors that I have that she listed, if that is ok!!!!!!!! Sandra, glad you took that leap!!!!!!!!!!! Ill be checking often!

to whomever asked,  think, it's three rows, yes, ch 2 between corners, the beginning circle of 12 dc, then two more rows of granny, corners are 3 dc, ch2, 3 dc..... I usually only put one ch between the other clusters of 3 dc, on the sides, but if I am to understand correctly, sandra might want two, i think I read that, but she'll answer us soon........might be fun to work on small solid grannys' as sometimes, I need the diversion from other things, and grannys , trditional like that, I can and have done in my sleep!!

so jump on in, squares, we have a job to do!!!!!!!!!! :clap

OH, AND  an h hook. I think when i do them, with one ch between the other dc clusters,corners remain the same,

Well I am already lost looking through 2 threads trying to remember is it 3 rounds to equal 3 inches of the specifed colors and then the black will be added when they are joined together but sometimes I am easily confused.   

it comes out exactly at 3 inches.

Does anyone follow the crochet crowd ? Do you get there e-mails or news letters? Well I do one of my favorite people to follow is Mikey On Crochet crowd. I love when I don't understand I can go to you tube and Mikey is there to help.. I got to meet him when he came to NC for his tent sale... So here is a picture of me with Mikey and daughter.

I'm so jealous! I wanted to go so badly but it was just a little too far! 

I think you all are right... I think I'll just go with no border on the squares and then border the whole blanket. I'll figure that out when the time comes. I still need to figure out a layout and everything else. Whew! Makes my brain hurt and I overcomplicate things lol I'm ready to get it all together and off to the family though!  :yes I'm off to visit my dad Thursday evening for a week so the squares and cards and whatnot will all be taking an adventure to South Carolina before they head off to their forever home. 

owlvamp, I can't commit to a specific number but I'll for sure get you squares for your comfortghan!  :hug Soon though!!

OH, AND  an h hook. I think when i do them, with one ch between the other dc clusters,corners remain the same,

it comes out exactly at 3 inches.

This is correct.

to whomever asked,  think, it's three rows, yes, ch 2 between corners, this is beginning circle of 12 dc, then two more rows of granny, corners are 3 dc, ch2, 3 dc..... I usually only put one ch between the other clusters of 3 dc, on the sides, but if I am to understand correctly, sandra might want two, i think I read that, but she'll answer us soon........might be fun to work on small solid grannys' as sometimes, I need the diversion from other things, and grannys , trditional like that, I can and have done in my sleep!!

so jump on in, squares, we have a job to do!!!!!!!!!! :clap

This is also correct.

oooh she did it!!! Sandra, (owlvamp) has opened her thread, I have visitied it, and see what I have, I probably will do some of all the colors that I have that she listed, if that is ok!!!!!!!! Sandra, glad you took that leap!!!!!!!!!!! Ill be checking often!

Yes, thats fine if you want to do some of each color. It's your choice. I will keep a tally as they come in or when you all tell what you sent.

Something is going on here, and I'm lost :lol I think I will have a look at owlvamp's thread.

I'm being so productive that I'm scaring myself. I finished a bag for a swap. I will post pics after it's over. I almost finished a Pinkie Pie pony. I finished a set for my niece that turned 15. I finished some Halloween items and headbands for my SIL. There's a baby blanket I'm working on, and I'm testing a pattern. There's more, much more. I need more hours in the day!

How is everyone? Happy Hump Day!

post-44469-0-98267000-1412755786_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-08215600-1412755808_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-42389000-1412755824_thumb.jpg

Archived