Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you bgs for some beautiful squares and towel. I needed a pickme up today and it sure enough worked. Thank you  so much. :)

I want to join the squares with a color so am trying to decide. I would love to use dark red but am worried it would bleed onto the white so thinking possibly blue. Not sure yet though. 

post-44513-0-43083000-1412638425_thumb.jpg

wow some pretty eye candy lately!! love that ghan too Kim,i did one very similar a long while back...

Owlamp I did this one before.  Is this what your talking about?

Thank you Grannyannie for the beautiful squares.  My first 2 square Im super pumped.

Thank you bgs for some beautiful squares and towel. I needed a pickme up today and it sure enough worked. Thank you  so much. :)

I want to join the squares with a color so am trying to decide. I would love to use dark red but am worried it would bleed onto the white so thinking possibly blue. Not sure yet though. 

Im thinikin blue would be very pretty, but up to you!!

In other news, for which I don't have much im afraid, was a bit headachy today,. so didn't do what I wanted to do, which was to get out and pick up some things, but there is always tomorrow, right...

kim, and yarnmonkey, got a puffy going out this week to you all too, so heads up!!
well one good thing about tonight, dancing with the stars is on, gonna pop somce microwve popcorn nearer to when it's on, oops, whcih is in a few mimnutes here in central time zone, lol, so that is my evening!! Im taking a rest on the square a day thing, Im good till the 8th, lol, so I can do that!!!  Those were some pretty squares up there  you ladies, very nice indeed!!

Ionly wish I had some milk duds, or caramels, as I adore eathing popcorn with either one of those two candies, lol    Gonna make a caramel apple cake, this week, to celebrate fall, if you can't beat it, join it, right!!!!!

Just a quick check in to say hi!  :waving

I'm just about finished with making squares for craziebunny's comfortghan... Just trying to decide what color to do borders and join them with... they're all different shades of pink and purple so I can't decide whether to stick with pink and purple or do another color all together. Any suggestions? I really can't decide and need to get this process going! 

Sopo, maybe I'm over thinking but I have a question... I know you want cotton... Cotton like sugar and cream or cotton like I Love This Cotton or does it matter? Just gotta make sure first!  :yes

Loving the pictures! I'm very happy today, don't know why, but I will take it. My SIL and little niece are sick. I have confined myself to my room just in case. I have yarn scattered everywhere, LOL. Have a wonderful week!

Here is a picture i found. She has a king size bed so not sure how many of each square i will need. Any ideas.

So the colors are purple, pink, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.

I figured we can do a regular granny square and do three rows. So just let me know what you want to work on and I will start working on yellow...

Here is a sample granny square.

I used a H hook and its a tad over 3 inches. Three rows.. I started off with chaining 4 made a circle and then chained two (Counts as first double crochet)and double crocheted 2 . chained 2 -3 -double crochets repeat three more times. All the corners I did chain two.

post-48736-0-20111800-1412653862_thumb.jpg

curious, are you using all red heart, cause they will have to match up, if you are doing the pattern as shown, so red heart, but would be helpful if you list the lablel color of redheart, so they all match up. Im just using the red heart blues, as an example for anyone that would want to help.but there are several blues, you might want to chose one, and list them if you can. thanks doll!   

So you are making the blue squares?

Here are the colors that will be used in Red Heart Super Saver

Purple---Amethyst

Pink ---Pretty-in-pink

Orange ---Pumpkin

Yellow ---Bright Yellow

Green ---Paddy green

Blue ---Blue

Anything else katy?

Good morning! So much chat and pretty pictures!!!

Cool and rainy here pretty much all week......

Poor kiddles (and me!).....4th grade appears to pour on the homework and she has learning issues so that means WE have over 2 hours of homework! When are you supposed to get in dinner, shower and a walk for your health?? I'm soooooo tired of homework already and she has 8 years to go! Anyone else feel my pain?

Have a super day!

kuddles

OH Kuddles I so feel your pain pain pain

My daughter just started high school, and I haven't been to school in 30 years.   But I feel like I was just forced to go back

She is in a school of excellence "Science and Medicine".   She has 3 honor glasses and 2 AP classes.   Dear Lawd baby and grown up Jesus.   She is at the table for 4 to 6 hours a night.  I can help her most times with her Algebra....but honors biology, biomedical science, and physical science.   Im no help at all.

She has been going to Saturday school to get extra help....I told her I didn't have as much work in college, and I have 2 degrees.   Its so hard some days because I want to tell her to just drop out and go back to regular school, but per her guidance counselor and past principal was determined for her to get into this school.   If she makes it 3 years, she will get enter college in her 12th grade year as a sophomore, and will be guaranteed a scholarship. Please pray for me and kuddles.lol

Yes, I feel the same way when helping grandson's with their homework. If I just don't get it my college daughtes help them. I've been out of school for 29 years so there is so much new stuff that i try to get but don't... We get it done hours later and very frustrated.. So I feel your pain and hope it gets better.

owlvamp, as soon as I finished getting this comfortghan together, I'll let you know and you can just give me whatever color you need and I'll send you a bunch. I think I have most all of those colors somewhere in my stash and if I don't, it's not like I won't use it.

I think I'm going to use purple for my square borders and for joining all the squares on the comfortghan... Just can't decide which shade! Whodathunk it was so complicated?? LOL

Owlvamp

I was so excited ( in my world it doesn't take much,lol) I had the mint color the picture showed

I will see if I have paddy green,if not I'll use up the pumpkin that needs to leave the premises,Oh I'm just waiting for Katy's comment,since she knows how much I detest orange

Owlvamp

I was so excited ( in my world it doesn't take much,lol) I had the mint color the picture showed

I will see if I have paddy green,if not I'll use up the pumpkin that needs to leave the premises,Oh I'm just waiting for Katy's comment,since she knows how much I detest orange

found the paddy green,I'll do as many as this skein( partial) allows

since you are making it for someone can I count these as charity squares?

found the paddy green,I'll do as many as this skein( partial) allows

since you are making it for someone can I count these as charity squares?

Yes I say yes you can count this as charity...Thank you all so much for response into helping. It means a lot and you all are so awesome..

Does anyone follow the crochet crowd ? Do you get there e-mails or news letters? Well I do one of my favorite people to follow is Mikey On Crochet crowd. I love when I don't understand I can go to you tube and Mikey is there to help.. I got to meet him when he came to NC for his tent sale... So here is a picture of me with Mikey and daughter.

post-48736-0-61697700-1412708711_thumb.jpg

Here is the break down of how many for each color i will need.

Purple---Amethyst 64

Pink ---Pretty-in-pink 65

Orange ---Pumpkin 68

Yellow ---Bright Yellow 70

Green ---Paddy green 68

Blue ---Blue 64

That totals up to 399 blocks. WOW in order for it to look right I went with 19 rows across and 21 rows down. Here is a picture i did of the afghan.

post-48736-0-42342400-1412715489_thumb.jpg

It was a little mind boggling but I stuck with it and there it is. Thanks crabby rat with your math and I went from there... What do you all think? Is this doable for you all?

Kimgoodie do i need to post this on the other board and names next to each color everyone is doing? Or just keep a record for me..?

I am going to do something like that for son-in-law... How many rows are on yours?

Archived