Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

wow Kuddles, bet that was scary in this day and age. I remember once in high school, we had german by satellite for last period so we goofed more than anything. A friend was bored so he used the payphone (before everyone had cells) right outside the principal's office to call in a bomb threat. The secretary answered and said "Shane, you better get your butt back to class before I tell Mr. Green."  Small school and everyone knew he was a good kid but a practical joker.

Wow, how times have changed. Now, there's as much chance it's true as not and even if a joke, the kid has just messed up the rest of their life with one act. 

I have about 14 towel rings done and finished some squares. Trying to decide to finish my king size drop in the pond today or the Heidi Bear owl. I have to run to town so maybe I'll know what I'm in the mood to work on after that. Have a great weekend everyone. 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most welcome. Glad you got them. I'm having internet issues so getting anything to load is a small miracle today. Thanks for letting me know they came. :) 

Most welcome. Glad you got them. I'm having internet issues so getting anything to load is a small miracle today. Thanks for letting me know they came. :) 

Hi all, oh my kuddles, that is scary these days, glad it worked out though, it's sad when schools are no longer a safe place to be...

Yes ladies, the fingerless glove was my own pattern, but if you consider how many times I tweeked it,l and frogged it, or them, I have earned the rights to call it mine, lol, I didn't use a pattern, but did write it down, somewhat, now to find out which version is the one I went with, is the real challenge!! lol some have thumbs, a couple rounds at least, some just have spaces where you thumb goes, some have cuffs, some are shorter, some have buttons on them, as it was hard to tell which was right, and which was left, lol but in the end, it all came out satisfactory, I think...

Cute Peanut, he has grown so!!!!

Good luck on the costume Carol!!

Where has viking, and rusty's mom, and all else, and a creative mrs. and oh immafreak, it's all hobby lobbys we surmise, they have lost some good customers!!

ANd granny ann, forgot to say where is she lately.

I always worry about you peeps, when absent, it's that mama hen thing in me, lol

What else, having kielbasa, with fried taters, onions, and green peppers tonight, that sounds really good to me so Im getting hungry already!!   Tha bowl of multi grain Cherrios, didn't go far this morning I guess, lol. stomache is rumbling, feed me, lolol

Good morning! Yes Steph and Katy, it was scarey but handled well. Don't want to repeat it though!

Everyone must have been busy yesterday!

Today is hopefully some time to organize and cut out some in the hoop fabric....of course I thought that yesterday and it didn't happen! Swim lesson this afternoon....

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good morning.

Not to sure what I'll get done today other than working On a couple projects with the boys before taking them back.

Will get back up when they all do and make pancakes for them.. Might even make home made pizza for lunch..

kuddles, I remember evacuating the school building way back when for bomb threats.  Back then I always wondered how well they really searched the building.  So much scarier today with everything that is going on.

yarn_monkey, Peanut is so cute

Today is dh birthday so we had a little celebration yesterday with family.  Dad felt well enough that he went out to lunch with us.  Last night we went to a pumpkin parade-----park trail lined with jack o lanterns.   The weather has been so nice this past week and the leaves are turning pretty colors. 

DH and I made it back home last night and I was so tired I couldn't manage a bit of yarn fun... Today was a football game, just got home and ate dinner so I'll try to manage some tonight. I wanted to get Sheila's ghan put together while I was visiting my dad but they have a cat and dog and didn't want to get fur all over it because you just never know about allergies. I'll get it laid out and take a picture of it tonight so I can have a reference for putting it together the next few nights. I'll share when it's all together! Too bad I can't crochet in the car or I'd have a lot of progress made! 

Tomorrow I'm going to Sister's and I get to visit the Peanut. We'll probably do some running around but my main goal is some snuggle time!  :manyheart  We were talking about going to Goodwill so I'm hoping to find some yarn! Fingers crossed! 

Hope everyone had a good weekend! 

Hello everyone!

Kim, that is a very pretty square.

Katie, I finished the costume and here it is. I'm taking it to my granddaughter this weekend.

Front

post-4459-0-43662800-1413848188_thumb.jpg

Back

post-4459-0-04098700-1413848489_thumb.jpg

hi ho, hello everyone....

Time for a vote, we have two biggest squares left, should we group them both in November, and do a secret santa thing in Dec, OR

should we give them each their own month, and forget the having the secret santa thing in Dec, this time around. Im leaving it up to you all, please let you vote count for the results, I will post daily on the vote count, we have one week to decide, thanks! Please vote for one of the options below, thanks again... Poles will close on the 27th!!  no ID required......  lol

Option A

To group our two remaining members Biggest Squares to be, in november, and have the secret santa thing in Dec, and start the Jan birthday bash there after.

or

Option B

Give each member her own month, which will eliminate the secret santa thing, and take us right up to the Birthday bash in Jan..

you may pm me, or post here in the thread, whatever you are most comfortable doing.

secret santa thing, like we did last year, everyone that is joining in, will each be matched up with a name, but the receiver won't know till the end of the game, as we will mail probably by Dec. 18, at least, and try to all do that on the same day, and the reciever will also have a name assigned, and do the same thing, one by one, everyone will get and receive her preference in square(s) or anything else you wanna put in the puffy, an xmas card, or anything, most of us give squares, and maybe a card, or tiny trinket... that's about it. Ill need the names of those playing along, in November, towards the end, if you don't mind, and then will match you all up, and email each whom you are sending to.. We won't tell who has whom till we actually get the puffy....a keep it simple secret santa.. ...

I got a puffy today. :yay  :cheer  Thank you Kimgoodie for some beautiful squares. Love them!  :manyheart

I'll be sending another puffy  out tomorrow too.

post-44513-0-05119800-1413861702_thumb.jpg

Archived