Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well today i get to be Manager at work all by myself. Training is all over time to put on my big girl pantie.  So how do I start out the day? by forgetting that I have to be in an hour later then normal and thus waking up an hour earlier then i needed to.  SIgh.

Have  a great day all

Good morning!

Congrats all round sopo!

Welcome to Darlene!

Katy - good for you on the mitts!

Woot to everyone just cause!

I am having lunch with a friend I haven't seen since April! So that will be nice!

Was a very long week....just happy it is the weekend!

Take care all!

kuddles

Hi ladies!  Just a quick check in to let you know I'm still around and so you don't go worrying about me!  :)   I see that congrats are in order for Sopo, our newest queen!  I'm not sure what I have in my stash, but I'm pretty sure there is some white in there.  I'll do my best and hopefully more  ;) .  It's my granddaughter #3's birthday today, so we'll be heading out in a bit for the party.  I sure wish the weather would turn around, but it looks like we're in for a damp, chilly party.  They have a very small house too, so it will be very cozy, lol.  I don't care, it's great just to see all the grands and my boys.

Have a nice weekend all!  I'll talk to you later.

Oh!  One more thing....Katy, I noticed that you are collecting again too!  Wonderful!  I've taken note and will put you on my "to make" list!  :tup

Now I'm really done for today.  Grannyannie over and out.... :lol

Thank you all for the congrats... I am floating on  :c9  for sure. Cannot wait to get the tote. 

Good to see you pop in Ann. Have fun at the party today.

Dragonlady, better being early for your first day than late. ;) 

Brenda, I'll check the po box on Monday for your package. Thank you

Lots of pretty squares showing up. I guess I missed the pic of the texting gloves Katie and Cuddles. Would love to see them. 

I have the giraffe half finished. For some reason, I've had to frog and redo more on this than the others. Maybe thinking I know the next step without looking or something, not sure. Hoping to get it finished soon.  I need to go change oil on my bike today since it's going to be cool.

Have a great weekend everyone.

ha ha, that is not a good thing to start your day!!

Well today i get to be Manager at work all by myself. Training is all over time to put on my big girl pantie.  So how do I start out the day? by forgetting that I have to be in an hour later then normal and thus waking up an hour earlier then i needed to.  SIgh.

Have  a great day all

well, they are ok kuddles, and Im glad to have enough for all the girls in my brunch bunch, finally!!

Good morning!

Congrats all round sopo!

Welcome to Darlene!

Katy - good for you on the mitts!

Woot to everyone just cause!

I am having lunch with a friend I haven't seen since April! So that will be nice!

Was a very long week....just happy it is the weekend!

Take care all!

kuddles

I think I have a pic, ill pst of the texting gloves, but Kuddles has the cutest ones!! I know, in person!! lol

Thank you all for the congrats... I am floating on  :c9  for sure. Cannot wait to get the tote. 

Good to see you pop in Ann. Have fun at the party today.

Dragonlady, better being early for your first day than late. ;)

Brenda, I'll check the po box on Monday for your package. Thank you

Lots of pretty squares showing up. I guess I missed the pic of the texting gloves Katie and Cuddles. Would love to see them. 

I have the giraffe half finished. For some reason, I've had to frog and redo more on this than the others. Maybe thinking I know the next step without looking or something, not sure. Hoping to get it finished soon.  I need to go change oil on my bike today since it's going to be cool.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Its something Tampa doll does every month, she makes a beautiful tote, and just gives it to someone here on the ville!! I am a one year tote owner, this month!! Last Oct, she sent one to me!!!!!! there is no contest, or no list, it's just something she is generous enough to do, and she picks her own recipients!!

What is this bag lady thing everyone keeps talking about?

welcome back annie!! Good to see you, have a nice time, but don't overdo!!

Made a couple more squares today, for Kim's oct granny cal, and Im all caught up now, till like the 6th!! yay!

forgot all about my donation to the shelter as the truck was there today, first sat. of the month, so looks like now, Ill have to wait till next month, but that's ok too, just in time for the cold weather I guess...

Nothing much else, lazy day today, just stitching away at my leisure, lol, have a great weekend everyone, Ill be around!!

yes, Friday, for those of you that work, thank goodness huh!! lol

Im halfwatching Sahara, an old black and white with Humphrey Bogart, never ever saw it before, so it's something new to me, but why don't they colorize the old movies for goodness sakes!!

I have finished the fingerless gloves i am making for my brunch, they did not turn out like Ms. Kuddles, hers are soooo cool, but ... least i did two of the same things, the same this time, i started two of them, just plain ones in hdc, and sc, no fancy cables, unfortunately, lol and worked a few rows on one, then caught up on the others, and low and behold, they came out the same for me, so that must be the key, work on two, two separate balls of yarn, and two hooks, and go back and forth between the two, hey, worked for me, I might even tackle slippers or mittens now,  ha ha ha!!!!!!! (not)

We hae a new angel on thel list that for now, just prefers to send squares, she is Darlenecoover, so say hi to her if you see her about, and even if you don;t!! lol

Freeze warnings out for tonight, that means end of the flowers, and handydan moved the containers of Peppers, into the shed for tonight, soooooo Ill miss my flowers, they look so darn cheery, when you pull up to the house, but......tis the season, I guess...

well, that's about it, going to lie around now, and maybe finish this movie, and then hit it for the night, so take care all, have a grand weekend!!

no don't colorize them,leave them classic black and white

Hello everyone. Yesterday was a very long and very fun day. I woke up at 3:55 am, not by my choice but couldn't go back to sleep. I worked 6:30 am to 2:00 pm. Drove 2 hours to my daughter's house. Left her house and traveled 2 more hours to Orlando to attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Disney World. Left Disney at 12:45 am on Saturday and arrived back at my daughter's house at about 3 am. At which point I had been awake for about 23 hours, I collapsed into bed but only slept for about 4 and 1/2 hours. Today was kind of a laid back day hanging out with my daughter, son-in-law and grandkids. Tomorrow we will be going to church and later in the day I will be heading home. I think I'm just about ready to call it a night.

I am beat! I attended my niece's 15th birthday celebration. Actor Omar Miller was there filming for his brother's company. It's a show that follows these birthday celebrations, like sweet 16's. Luckily, it's not one of those shows where the families go loony. I saw family I hadn't seen in a long time. It was a wonderful night. I finally took my mask off (makeup) for bed. Now I remember why I hardly wear it: I don't like the removal process. I like to just go to bed when I'm tired. Yeah, lazy, I know.

Happy Sunday :)

Good morning all! I wasn't the first again! What the what??

Saturday was errand day plus some homework for kiddles. Don't worry, she had fun too!

Today is the pumpkin farm with her godmother and swimming lesson. Busy again!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

I've been up since before 5,my oh my,what cool temps we are having barely 50,yesterday at this time it was in the 70's

still picking the tomatoes,from plants left this spring by our bird friends,I think maybe a week or two left,then they'll be done

Good morning. Definitely cooler fall weather here too but I love it. I have about got the patched giraffe done. just like his nose patch and then ears, mane, etc. Hopefully pics later.  Then I can catch up on squares for the square a day and get some mailed out this week. 

My daughter just moved and then had to leave for her sil's wedding in Arkansas. She's coming home today and thank goodness as I was her doggy motel. So, I'll be 3 dogs less this afternoon  :clap  They have been in the backyard but 2 are large and a handful. 

I am so ready to put my Christmas tree up. lol I want to start putting stuff under it. Must be the cool weather getting at me. ;)  

happy fall everyone, it is here too, leaves are piling up outside, flowers are still ok, but not for much longer, and probably have picked the last of my peppers, like your tomatoes pineknott, bout done me thinks...

Neighbor brought over some canned peppers for us, knowing we use them a lot all year round, lol, so it makes such a pretty  jar to set out, green and yellow, some red,and orange, nice of him to think of us, guess he's been canning for the past week, lol....

I will hate to open the jar, cause then I will have to refridgerate them, no doubt and lose my colorful counter decoration, lol

I have been wroking on some squares, ready to post them to the oct granny square thread soon, Ill give those of you that link here, in this post if you don't already have it, or are in it, lol Kimgoodie is the moderator, and we are having fun, aren't we sopo, lol

got a ham in the oven, just felt like ti was going to be a "ham in the oven" day, smelling all that goodness with the house all closed up, as it is chilly here to pineknott...and I agree to disagree with you on the old movies, color them, lol black and white seem so drab, I get eye bored watching them, ha ha ha, Look what a little color did for dorothy and the gang in Wizard of Oz!!!

ok well then, here is that link......http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/152535-a-square-a-day-for-october-cal/  and ill be back later on!! Everyone is so busy with their weekend, sheesh, where ever you all are getting that energy, can you jar some up,and send it to me!! lol

I had to laugh Katie, I went to church and my friend texted me is Tio's open (the mexican food place). It wasn't but our 'backup' place was so he rode over to take me out to eat. It was quite a surprise and we had a nice visit but ohmygosh, I am so full of chicken fajitas, it's like a wave of sleepiness just washed over me. I'd almost swear they slipped something into my water. lol Too much to do to be sleepy so got to go put the coffee on and yeah, someone send over some of that energy. ;) 

And speaking of Dorothy, I am reading the Wizard of Oz on my phone and did you know there weren't ruby slippers in the original book!!! They were silver! Who knew? Couldn't believe it. 

Good evening!

It wasn't a grand weekend. I will leave it at that..

Got the boys back to their mothers and daughters off to college.

Baby is up taking a shower and getting for bed to get up to go to school. I babysit tomorrow as well. HAven't slept well either so will try to retire somewhat early tonight.

The hedgehogs are so cute.

I am using paint and it is coming out pretty well. I will post a picture when i get it done.

I wish I knew! I've seen ideas on using different internet programs but they never seem to work right for me. I'm sure someone has the key! 

Linda, you sneaky gal! You beat me too! Well guess I am no longer the queen of early!

It's Monday.....it's back to work day.....I'm tired......

That's about it for now!

Have a good day!

kuddles

I am stumbling in late to the party today. Have the day off today. My son in IUS is coming up about one and me and him, his fraturnity brother and his mom. Are all going to lunch. so i got to clean house this morning cause they are all meeting over here 

Good morning Ladies...was so hard getting out the bed this morning after such a wonderful weekend with the hubby.   We tried the no electronic device thing..No laptops, no tablets, no internet no cellphones...no way did it work.   We kept peeking all weekend at the cellphones.   LOL     Hope everyone had a weekend as great as mines

Good Morning!!

My neighbor wants to make a afghan making 3 rows of a regular granny square in a block in the rainbow colors. it will crocheted with a black border. She was bitten by her sons dog when trying to break up two of them fighting.. To me she looked light she was mauled by a bear. She is okay and doing quite well. I keep checking on her... This is the first time me meeting her and we talked and I asked her if she crocheted. She said yes and told me of the afghan she wanted to make... So I want to help her but don't know the name. Might have to ask daughter to go back and ask her and see if I can find it. Does anyone her know of the name?

Archived