Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!  It's me again!  It's been a really long day and I'm very ired so please forgive me if I don't make much sense.  My brain doesn't want to function very well, lol. But, I received some beautiful squares today and I had to come thank the sender and show them off, so....Thank you Kim!!!!  I love them and they really did make me feel better!  You are a sweetie for making a special PO run.

wow anne is back!! good to see you annie!!! :day

Hi to all others,l and bgs, your package got to Jeanie, yay...Wish I knew if mine had, I think it must have, i didn't get it back, anyway!! That only happened one time to me, in all the time I have been swapping and sending squares, and turned out that gal, had moved to a diff address,and i got it back......made me sad, but the square was welcomed home again, with open arms, lol All the other squares, rallied around her, and made a big deal over her return, so I guess all turned out ok, I think they even had a cake!! HA HA HA....

You see, i am feeling better, don't you!! :clap

ok, well, Im off today I tried to work on a few things, made half of a pair of handwarmers, ha ha, and did a couple more squares for the ghan I will donate, the bright ones, and you know, should have done 8 more, for another row, but it took me on and off today, to make the two or three, so, got 5 more to go tonight, if I can tear myself away from dancing with the stars that is, lol, does anyone else watch that, I love to watch them dance, lol thinking all along, oooh,how can they do that with their ankles and knees!!!!!!! lol :lol

all for now, bck atcha later,take care now!!!!!!! :manyheart

Yep, I'm back and I'm glag you're felling better.  Now you have to get all the way better and stay better, lol.

I have been lurking now and again but have been crazy busy. Hugs to everyone who needs them!

My first born started preschool today and things went smooth, too smooth, then BAM! The bus driver missed his stop and he rode the bus for over an hour...I called the bus garage after 45 min. And found out where he was. Lol. Funny thing was, he has never rode on a school bus before so he LOVED being on the bus forever. Silly kid, thankfully he didn't freak out.

Oh, it's so great that he loved the bus.  Much better than being scared by the experience.  Kids can be so funny, gotta love em!

OHMYGOSH KUDDLES!  I love love love your turtle bag!  I'm a tortle girl too... got a year old leopard tortoise and that is the cutest one I've ever seen. 

Hi everyone else, question..... the ones that want solid... does that mean 1 solid color squares or just no variegated?   I am moving yarn around today and have so many leftovers I need to use up, saw Katie's gorgeous squares and was thinking... hmmm...  just wasn't sure if anyone would want multiple color squares. ;)

I hardly ever have visitors (I'm a hermit of sorts) other than 1 friend and my daughter, son in law and uncle so I decided my yarn can join me in the living room. I turned the back corner into my crafting area since that's where I work most of the time anyway and I plan on being busy with Christmas. After moving it, I think I need a yarn intervention lol or maybe just an automatic ball winder... or maybe just get busy on some squares. ;)

I take solid to mean that they don't want any variegated or any other color in the square.  Usually if they don't want holes they say so. JMO.

angelroselite....the pattern is angel heart granny square by maz kwok....available for free on ravelry

a_creative _mrs    glad you were pleased with your squares

yarn-monkey....Yes Im sorry two are yours and 2 are Sheila's family

Solid for  me means no variegated....you can mix as many solid purples together as you wish, and a little white if you like....plan on connecting and bordering in white.   Since I have about 35 skeins of white from the black Friday sale last year

Owlvamp...be careful with a concussion...hope you feel better soon

Grannyannie   Welcome back Ann    I hope your feelng better soon, I know this has gone on way too long.  I make a special trip to post office for you today....

Katy,....I hope when you do make it to the yarn store...theres room in the car for you.   lol

Have a great day everyone. 

As I said above, I love the squares!  You really made my day. Thank you (((hugs)))

Hello All

I started  A Square A Day in October CAL if anyone is interested.   I just didn't want to leave anyone out.   Starts October 1st.  

Sounds wonderful.  I'd like to try to keep up.

those are truely gorgeous!!!  nice job kim, as always, and good to see you too grannyannie!!

With all these pretties goin on, I think I am going to collect again for another granny ghan!!! woo hoo!!

I think, manly colors, no black or dark brown, , (greys beiges,tans,or nuetrals, but  nothing too dark though, )but haven't decided for sure, with that choice, or ocean colors, (think corals , aquas, blues,soft colors of greens, ) or  lol     Ill list m y prefs as soon as I can manage to decide on the first post, Im thinking 12 inch, cause I havent done a ghan in 12 inch squares for forever!!! Ill let you know, soon, lol just a fore warning!!

oh, Katie, ocean colors sounds delicious!   I was trying to think about preferences cause WAY back when I started on here, I did black/white cotton and most people don't do much with cotton. hmmm

I had to pop in before bed. Thank goodness end of week but that means work. I got an order for a giraffe ... and then sliced a piece off my thumb. ouchie. It's not bad, just bad enough to hurt like the dickens. Then this weekend, I get to help my daughter move. 

However, I stepped outside my box today. I've dyed my hair auburn for the past 12 years just cause I like the color better than my natural. Well, I decided I needed a change and I am no longer auburn, I'm mahogany now. lol It's very dark with a more metallic red highlight in the sun than the copper it was. We'll see how it lasts but so far, I love it. I used a new type dye and liked it a lot. I've let my hair grow with no cuts, only trims since Pat died. So with it down to my rump, dying it is a job. lol 

All the hedgie babies are reserved to good homes now. :) 

Anyway, wanted to check in before I have to get to moving this weekend. You all enjoy your weekends and have some fun. :) 

Good morning all!

Well I have been extremely sick. Sense the whoopy knot I have been dizzy and very nausea ... Today was the worse and threw up and just couldn't settle ... Head pounded something fierce ... It's a tad better now..

If not totally better by Monday back to the doctor.

Love love the squares ... They are beautiful!

my goodness, sandra, you aren't feeling better yet, poor thing, you really need to check in the doc monday, do let us know, but I sure hope you feel better by then, if you don't, a trip to the er, room might not be a bad idea .....

oh, Katie, ocean colors sounds delicious!   I was trying to think about preferences cause WAY back when I started on here, I did black/white cotton and most people don't do much with cotton. hmmm

I had to pop in before bed. Thank goodness end of week but that means work. I got an order for a giraffe ... and then sliced a piece off my thumb. ouchie. It's not bad, just bad enough to hurt like the dickens. Then this weekend, I get to help my daughter move. 

However, I stepped outside my box today. I've dyed my hair auburn for the past 12 years just cause I like the color better than my natural. Well, I decided I needed a change and I am no longer auburn, I'm mahogany now. lol It's very dark with a more metallic red highlight in the sun than the copper it was. We'll see how it lasts but so far, I love it. I used a new type dye and liked it a lot. I've let my hair grow with no cuts, only trims since Pat died. So with it down to my rump, dying it is a job. lol 

All the hedgie babies are reserved to good homes now. :)

Anyway, wanted to check in before I have to get to moving this weekend. You all enjoy your weekends and have some fun. :)

And you Stephanie, how in the world did you mangage to slice off a sample of your thumb! that sounds like a big owie too, specially since if it's your right, I use that a lot to crochet!!!!!! Do you think you can still crochet??

bgs, you were right on the count of your squares. I had miscounted those. You are also right on the colors. I loved these very much.  I love all the squares that I received this month.

Jeannie

Ooh,they were so fun to make Jeannie, we loved making the smaller squares, and the sixi inchers too, which are my fav to make, glad you got lots, and are doing much better, is the chair situation all taken care of??

Good morning all!

Well I have been extremely sick. Sense the whoopy knot I have been dizzy and very nausea ... Today was the worse and threw up and just couldn't settle ... Head pounded something fierce ... It's a tad better now..

Kim does such pretty squares!! so do all of you actually, usually I just make reg ones, or some easy pattern, as i can do those in my sleep without thinking much, lol Speaking of which, I got up cause I wasn't sleeping, now I think I may be able to, so goodnight to all,and hey, good morninmg to all too!! I did it, beat Kuddles!!!!!! wow,not fair, as I know she is out of town this weekend, but hey, Ill take the win this time, lol

Good morning dragonlady :))

I'm up to head to a university game and then an NHL game tonight..... I am very excited because I am going with a good friend and I will be entirely kidless for almost 24 hrs!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I love my toddlers but they will be left in very capable hands :) have a great weekend everyone and prayers for those who are healing.

I thought I'd be first :lol I'll have to do better!

Good morning all!

You really shouldn't wait until Monday.  Here's an article to help you decide:  http://www.brainline.org/content/2009/04/ask-the-expert-when-to-go-to-the-hospital.html

Good morning everybody. The chair situation still not taken care off, but maybe getting there.  Here is an update. The footrest won't stay locked when it is closed and I can't get the footrest to stay locked when I close it.  I have told Kertrina this and she got Pete (her former husband) to come by and see if he could help.  He did come by and he was able to close the footrest on one side and get the other footrest on the other side to come out.  Then, he was able to close both footrests and they both stayed locked, so I showed him that I could not get the footrest on the right locked and he showed me how to get the footrest to lock and I was able to close the footrest that day and get it to lock. I did this more than one time and I was able to get the footrest to close and to lock but the next day, I could not get the footrest to close and lock. I tried several times, and I have concluded that I am just not strong enough to do this.  But then I remember that I was able to close and lock the footrest for one day and I wonder if it's not the footrest itself that's the problem. I think that is the case. Anyway, I got in touch with my brother David and told him what the footrest was doing (remaining open after being closed) and he told me that he would talk with Kertrina and ask her to come here and see what is wrong with the footrest that it won't close and lock.  Kertrina and E. J. are both coming this morning to look at the loveseat and to see if they can fix it so that the footrest will close and lock. I do hope so. Also, I have noticed that I need a larger cushion for the loveseat. I slipped off the front end of the cushion the other day and couldn't get up because I was sitting too low so I had to call the EMTs again. I only hope that Kertrina and E. J. can fix that footrest.  What it does is to close flat to the front of the loveseat and then it comes forward about 2 inches and stands open.  When this happened, I tried several times to push it shut, and I couldn't do that. I pushed on the footrest and it went almost flat but then it hangs when about 1/2 inch open and it will not close and lock. It feels like something is holding it open. I only hope that this problem is solved today after Kertrina and E. J. come.

Jeannie

Wow did everyone stay up last night.  I was up until 2am but didn't get on the computer.  angel better luck tomorrow.

Grannyannie those are really pretty squares that kim sent you.  I figured they were purple.  For some reason purple always shows up blue on the computer.  

Jeannie i am glad you liked your squares.  I was kind of worried when you broadened your color selection to include brights after I made all those pastels.  I  hope you get your chair situation solved.  Some of them are just plain hard to operate and get out of period.  I have been looking for a replacement for my 25 year old lazy boy.  I have added a cushion to the seat and replaced some bolts that broke off in order to keep using it.  I sleep better in it than I do laying down in bed.  

sopo my guess is you might get more squares  if you changed your preference to acrylic. As for myself I usually have black and white cotton on hand for making potholders so your black and whites aren't an issue for me.  The acrylic is easier for me to work with though.  My shoulder and hands hurt if I work with cotton for long periods.  I imagine katy would let you list two choices.  We have had an instance where someone was working on two different ghans at the same time.  Just a thought.  People could also request a certain pattern ie african flower square if that is what they wanted.  But it seems like those with the least restrictive requests wind up receiving the most squares.  Glad you have homes for all your hedgies and your hair sounds gorgeous.

a.creative.mrs, glad you are getting some kidless time, as much as you love them its always nice to have a break from them.  Besides its good to let them have some one else responsible for them every once in awhile 

owlvamp your head injury is now sounding pretty serious, I hope you have at least called and discussed this with your dr, I am going to worry about you all weekend now.

oh wonderful, people are gearing up for the cotton run on sopo's squares!! From what I understand, she still needs quite a few to finish, so crochet away!!

i agree, sandra, see a medical person, this is getting scary!

Nice link angel, you were wise to post that for all of us......

Hi lacey!! Hi Kim...

bgs, course she can collect for two ghans, but one at a time probably would work best, until at least we get to the birthday thing in jan, then she could list both kinds of squares, sounds like everyone is finding that black and white cotton, lol, I have a bit as well in my stash!! Im really anxious to see a cotton ghan done, never saw one completed on this thread in all the time I have been here!!  

have fun kay, and hi to you dragnlady!!

Ithink that's all, oh,news,got the ok on our next queen, and just in time too, i will announce her on monday night, or tuesday day, and Im excited for her!!!!!!!!!

Ok, just ate a l ate lunch, gonna go and relax for a few, so see you all a bit later!

Hi jeannie, we'll keep our fingers crossed your chair issues get solved very soon, how horrible, to be trapped  and at the will of the medical team .. I sure hope it gets fixed up soon, you poor dear.

Hi Katie,

Thanks for your kind words. It seems that Kertrina did not come like she told my brother she was going to.  I was sitting in a brown velour recliner, and when I got up this afternoon, the footrest suddenly unlatched and I tried to close it, but it would not close.  I sat on the loveseat for awhile and even put the footrest out. It went out correctly, but when I closed up the footrest, it would not lock and this means that it comes out when I start to get up, so I had to sit there until the EMTs came and they finally did, but it was some time before they came and I had decided that they weren't coming, they had been called so much, so I called the information and asked the operator to give me to someone who was not 911 because I didn't think that the 911 guys were coming. She asked me if I had any neighbors who would come. I did but I don't have the numbers. She gave me the number of my next door neighbor. He is vice principal of our elementary school and he is a very nice guy. I told him my problem and I said that I could get up if I had somebody to hold the footrest shut and he said that he'd be over and see if he could help.  It seems that he didn't have to, though, because the EMTs came finally and they helped me up and closed the footrests (of the brown recliner and the footrest of the loveseat.) I guess Larry (my neighbor) saw the ambulance as they parked almost in his driveway. Larry was nice to offer help I thought.  Re the situation with the chair--I am going to buy a new chair when I can get the money saved. I was just now thinking of contacting my cousin in northeast Georgia. He owns and runs a furniture store and I believe that he would sell me a recliner and ship it here. Only thing is I can't find the website. I did find a link, but it is down. Anyway, I have the e mail address of his wife who works there (also my cousin) and so I will e mail her. I am very surprised at Kertrina's not coming and not getting in touch with me at all. I told Rusty earlier that what Kertrina is doing is to ignore me in the hope that I will stop complaining about the loveseat and just use it.  I find it hard to believe that she did not know about the condition of the footrest, but it IS possible that she did not know. However, whether she did or she didn't, she should have come here today like she told David that she was going to do. I also have a call in to a friend of mine who is the chairman of our City Comission. I have known James Colson since he was a little boy delivering medicines to my house and I was a little girl. He can be depended on to do what he says. I asked James if he knew of two men who could haul away a broken loveseat from my house and James told me that right then he couldn't think of anybody, but if he did, he would call me. I have not heard anything from him, but at least he tried and I am grateful to him. 

It is cloudy and cool here. I did have to turn the heat on for today. How is everybody's weather where you are? 

Jeannie

Good evening all! I had a whole list of posts that I was going to reply to, but then I went and looked up flat braid join because it sounded neat and it IS neat and then I was looking more and then a website name made me mad, so I'm just going to grump now instead.

I haven't had to deal with it much since I stopped reading stuff by Stitch n' B----, and, well, most craft books aimed at trendy hipsters. They're all soooooo twee and I got sick of looking at it, with their stupid cutesy titles and subheaders and tee hee aren't we so subversive and also adorrrable at the same time hee hee hee *gaaaaaaaag* but anyway. :D One of the things I got fed up with was the near constant repetition of some variation on "This isn't your grandmother's crochet!" And just what exactly is wrong with my grandmother's crochet?? I mean, they don't actually crochet, but if they did. The worst part is that ever single book like that ALSO has a whole spiel about how crocheting is for everybody, and those people who are snobby and tell you you're doing it wrong and blah blah blah are just sooooo bad and mean, because there's no right or wrong way to do crocheting! Unless you're doing it like a grandmother, apparently, because ewwww who would ever want to do that?

(The website name was notyournanascrochet, and it just sent me off... Obviously... :lol) I've been cutting fabrics for the new quilt and have started quilting the in-progress one, so I actually am feeling productive for this week! I might give the October CAL a try, but I'm not sure... I'm supposed to be drawing a picture once a day too, and I'm about a week behind right now. :-/

Owl, I really hope you're doing all right! That sounds really scary. Hitting an urgent care center or ER does sound like a good idea.... And here I've been worried about Katie pushing too fast on her ankle! :P

Take care, everyone! Start of a brand new week tomorrow... let's hope for the best!

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask all of you something that I have been wondering about--what do you do with all the squares that you receive? I know that some of you make them into afghans, but how do you start (how do you know when to start and what size do you make the afghans)? Do you use a neutral color to join or do you try to match the colors of the squares that you join? I know that these are lots of questions, but this is what I have been wondering about.  Thanks for helping in advance.

Jeannie

Hello All

I started  A Square A Day in October CAL if anyone is interested.   I just didn't want to leave anyone out.   Starts October 1st.  

I'm debating joining.. It sounds like a LOT of fun (and very motivational, which is super helpful!) but I don't know if I'll be able to keep up... I'll have to think about it. I have a couple days.  :)

katy, sorry you are losing a good neighbor.

I make all my squares except for the last row.  I lay them out and then pick up each square in the row in order, pin them together with a tag that has the row number on it.  After you get the hang of it it goes really fast and the number of ends you have to work in because of joining is determined by the  number of skeins of yarn you have to use.These are the join as you go instructions I use.  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/joining-as-you-go-without-cutting-the-thread  Mine did not look quite as tight so I eliminate some of the chains to tighten it up and at the corners I slip stitch into a diagonal corner as well as the sc into the corner of the squares I am joining.  I just played with it a bit until I got it tightened in the way I wanted.  This is the last one I put together still trying to use up my aunt's squares.

attachicon.gifDSCF0003.JPG

Thanks for posting a link to the continuous join! I may not be able to use that on Sheila's ghan, but maybe on one of the other ones I'm in the middle of. I really like the idea of not having all those ends to weave in at the end. I really despise that job! 

Ooops, forgot to post the picture of the squares that Kim sent me!  Here they are!  The colors didn't come out very good.  They are actually purple with sparkles and yellow.  Oh, so pretty!!!!

attachicon.gif013.JPG

I love those!! Especially that one on the left. Kim, where did you find that pattern? It's lovely!  :manyheart

those are truely gorgeous!!!  nice job kim, as always, and good to see you too grannyannie!!

With all these pretties goin on, I think I am going to collect again for another granny ghan!!! woo hoo!!

I think, manly colors, no black or dark brown, , (greys beiges,tans,or nuetrals, but  nothing too dark though, )but haven't decided for sure, with that choice, or ocean colors, (think corals , aquas, blues,soft colors of greens, ) or  lol     Ill list m y prefs as soon as I can manage to decide on the first post, Im thinking 12 inch, cause I havent done a ghan in 12 inch squares for forever!!! Ill let you know, soon, lol just a fore warning!!

I love neutrals because they'll always match your decor, no matter what, but the sound of an afghan in the ocean colors I just love! Although I'm partial to those shades anyway.  :yes

Good morning all!

Owlvamp, please don't wait on going to the doctor. This is sounding very serious and you really can't take head injuries too seriously. Please go talk to a doctor ASAP!!  :hug We're all worried about you!

DH and I went today with Sister, Peanut and Peanut's dad/Sister's boyfriend to meet my grandmother, uncle, great aunt and cousin for lunch at a buffet about an hour away, in between our houses. We always spend several hours and set up lawn chairs in the parking lot after we eat to visit for a while. Everybody got lots of snuggles on Peanut and he was a charmer as always!

Tomorrow I think DH and I are going to the state fair. I ordered tickets for cheap from Living Social and then he one a pair from one of the local radio stations so we'll probably go next weekend too. I never did get anything entered, but oh well. Next year I'll make it a point and hopefully I won't be so distracted with work to get things done. I can use this as time to scout out the competition and see what sort of things people are doing to get that best in show ribbon. I want that one so badly!!  :yes  :yes

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far! 

And also... nobody will ever have to worry about me being in competition to be the first one to post. Not a chance!!!  :lol

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask all of you something that I have been wondering about--what do you do with all the squares that you receive? I know that some of you make them into afghans, but how do you start (how do you know when to start and what size do you make the afghans)? Do you use a neutral color to join or do you try to match the colors of the squares that you join? I know that these are lots of questions, but this is what I have been wondering about.  Thanks for helping in advance.

Jeannie

I just decided to give my afghan squares a white border, so I give them their border and join them as they come in. Other ladies I know wait and keep them all until they have enough to make their ghan and then come up with a plan for placement and then put them all together. I'm just putting them together and I'll know it's done when it's big enough. Hope that helps a little bit anyway.  :)

Hello all! Back from our visit yesterday afternoon but too busy to hop on here!

Nice visit, mainly just with my mother as my other family members were uh...busy. Don't get me started!

Another gorgeous day! Kiddles has her swim lesson this afternoon but other than that, I hope to get some things done around here.....we'll see how that goes!

Oh I took a whole box of items down with me to my mother to take to the senior center to sell. They sell a bit and get to make money and yeesh I had so many things so......off they went! Some bags but a ton of fingerless mitts! The cable ones that I love to make.

Itching to sew too......

Tired. Up at 4:30 when I heard kiddles up. The two of us are just not good sleepers!

Instead of replying to all....I'll just say for now, have a great day!

kuddles

Good morning.....and time for Java. I love sunday mornings, no kid to get to school. No lunches for hubby. No work. Just coffee and newspaper. Please do not hestitate to join a square a day......I promise you its perfectly ok if you cant keep up. If you end up sharing patterns and pictures of the squares you do finish, its a win win situation. I dont want you to feel pressured to keep up at all. If you end up with 31 squares COOL, if you dont thats cool too. I will be sharing alot of free patterns, and pictures...I hope you will too.

Hello everyone! You all have been very chatty. I need to make sure I peek in more often so I don't get so far behind. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I've been working a a dedication gown for a special little friend, I have it all put together and now I'm doing the smocking on the bodice and sleeves. Thats about it for me.

Hi carol, and welcome back kuddles.

. I hope you trip was enjoyable, as for swimming lessons, i took my dd too, when she was probably  4 or 5, and she was a fish!! until they wanted her to put her head under water, end of swimming lessons, lol But she swims like a fish to this day, takes after her mom I guess. lol

To think we used to swim in the lake,several of them and these days, that would send all sorts of cautions through my brain, would not do it again, lol We used those flippers, and dove and everything  in those lakes, sheesh!

Good evening all! I had a whole list of posts that I was going to reply to, but then I went and looked up flat braid join because it sounded neat and it IS neat and then I was looking more and then a website name made me mad, so I'm just going to grump now instead.

I haven't had to deal with it much since I stopped reading stuff by Stitch n' B----, and, well, most craft books aimed at trendy hipsters. They're all soooooo twee and I got sick of looking at it, with their stupid cutesy titles and subheaders and tee hee aren't we so subversive and also adorrrable at the same time hee hee hee *gaaaaaaaag* but anyway. :D One of the things I got fed up with was the near constant repetition of some variation on "This isn't your grandmother's crochet!" And just what exactly is wrong with my grandmother's crochet?? I mean, they don't actually crochet, but if they did. The worst part is that ever single book like that ALSO has a whole spiel about how crocheting is for everybody, and those people who are snobby and tell you you're doing it wrong and blah blah blah are just sooooo bad and mean, because there's no right or wrong way to do crocheting! Unless you're doing it like a grandmother, apparently, because ewwww who would ever want to do that?

(The website name was notyournanascrochet, and it just sent me off... Obviously... :lol) I've been cutting fabrics for the new quilt and have started quilting the in-progress one, so I actually am feeling productive for this week! I might give the October CAL a try, but I'm not sure... I'm supposed to be drawing a picture once a day too, and I'm about a week behind right now. :-/

Owl, I really hope you're doing all right! That sounds really scary. Hitting an urgent care center or ER does sound like a good idea.... And here I've been worried about Katie pushing too fast on her ankle! :P

Take care, everyone! Start of a brand new week tomorrow... let's hope for the best!

ha, had to laugh, to each his own I guess huh... and Im doing much better, thanks for worrying though, not using help at all now, still babying it a bit though, but wayy better!!

I'm debating joining.. It sounds like a LOT of fun (and very motivational, which is super helpful!) but I don't know if I'll be able to keep up... I'll have to think about it. I have a couple days.  :)

Thanks for posting a link to the continuous join! I may not be able to use that on Sheila's ghan, but maybe on one of the other ones I'm in the middle of. I really like the idea of not having all those ends to weave in at the end. I really despise that job! 

I love those!! Especially that one on the left. Kim, where did you find that pattern? It's lovely!  :manyheart

I love neutrals because they'll always match your decor, no matter what, but the sound of an afghan in the ocean colors I just love! Although I'm partial to those shades anyway.  :yes

Owlvamp, please don't wait on going to the doctor. This is sounding very serious and you really can't take head injuries too seriously. Please go talk to a doctor ASAP!!  :hug We're all worried about you!

DH and I went today with Sister, Peanut and Peanut's dad/Sister's boyfriend to meet my grandmother, uncle, great aunt and cousin for lunch at a buffet about an hour away, in between our houses. We always spend several hours and set up lawn chairs in the parking lot after we eat to visit for a while. Everybody got lots of snuggles on Peanut and he was a charmer as always!

Tomorrow I think DH and I are going to the state fair. I ordered tickets for cheap from Living Social and then he one a pair from one of the local radio stations so we'll probably go next weekend too. I never did get anything entered, but oh well. Next year I'll make it a point and hopefully I won't be so distracted with work to get things done. I can use this as time to scout out the competition and see what sort of things people are doing to get that best in show ribbon. I want that one so badly!!  :yes  :yes

I hope everyone is having a good weekend so far! 

And also... nobody will ever have to worry about me being in competition to be the first one to post. Not a chance!!! 

Interesting post, yours always are, lol, glad you had a good time... And I hear ya, i don't rise and shine that early hardlly EVER!! lol

I just decided to give my afghan squares a white border, so I give them their border and join them as they come in. Other ladies I know wait and keep them all until they have enough to make their ghan and then come up with a plan for placement and then put them all together. I'm just putting them together and I'll know it's done when it's big enough. Hope that helps a little bit anyway.  :)

I don't do the join as you go, cause i am one of those that wait till she has them all, and then plays with placing them for a few days, lol any color borders are fine Jeannie, and you gotta get those squares together, might as well start now! lol

Good morning.....and time for Java. I love sunday mornings, no kid to get to school. No lunches for hubby. No work. Just coffee and newspaper. Please do not hestitate to join a square a day......I promise you its perfectly ok if you cant keep up. If you end up sharing patterns and pictures of the squares you do finish, its a win win situation. I dont want you to feel pressured to keep up at all. If you end up with 31 squares COOL, if you dont thats cool too. I will be sharing alot of free patterns, and pictures...I hope you will too.

and an added plus, least for me, I can use some of those squares for my squares here too, he he he....

Archived