Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

It was another work day today with a couple of stops on the way home. I stopped at the post office and mailed puffies for our Queens, estimated delivery date is the 15th. I doing some repair work on some shorts for my brother tonight and thats about it for me.

OK ladies the past few days have brought some fears and heartache. A man that was a vital part of my life from age 7 to 13 Passed away. He was like a father to me. me and his daughter we inseparable until I moved to indiana. 

Next is I have told you all my Niece is having a baby. She is having a boy nameing him Brantley. We found out the other day that This lil man has a heart disorder called Hypoplastic left heart.  it is a condition that when the unoxygenated blood enters the heart on the right side. It gains oxygen as it travels to the left side. His left side is smaller and weaker and can not pump the oxygenated blood back out. He will have open heart surgery with in two days of birth. another in 6 mths and another before he is a year old. if the surgeries dont work he will have to have a heart transplant. 

there is a symbol for HPLH  it is a heart half blue and half red. I want to make an afghan for him using this symbol. So I am changing my colors and square size I will need 50 red 50 blue and 246 white three inch squares. He is due at the end of January. Any help is appreciated also prayers are needed.

oooh, cold here too kuddles, dress warm!!

Wow, you are a busy girl!! Ill look for a puffy!!!

Just popping in quick to say hi!  :waving

Also... puffies going out tomorrow for Kim, Katie, and a.creative.mrs! Hmm... after midnight, so I guess technically they're going out today! I've been hooking my fingers off lately and I'm really missing that October Square A Day CAL! I finish squares, take pictures and feel like I'm forgetting something! 

Spent some time with Peanut today and I'll be back tomorrow to visit with him again. 

Now that I've got squares done for the queens, I'll be spending the majority of the time finishing up my recipe binder... I've got it pretty much assembled but now it's a matter of getting the recipes together and typed or cut out of magazines and put in. I'm sure I'll get some hooky time in there somewhere though!  ;)

sorry to hear that sandra, how are you feeling this eveing, and how is puppy doggie doing after surgery!

Good Morning all!

I have a headache this morning. I couldn't sleep so I am up.. Will take daughter to school in a little while.

this will be the last day of warm weather for awhile,near 70 today,but the cold blast is coming

I still have roses blooming in the yard

wow, roses blooming, sheesh, that is unheard of here after summer!! lol

I brought my plants inside for it's getting cold here as well. Keep the white stuff on the other side of the states.. LOL We don't usually get a lot anyways... Just not ready for the cold.

They say cold is good for ya, ok, I tried, but I cannot tell a lie!! lol

Good morning All

Making a trip to post today, for my little Queenbee   Im not able to catch up on all the past posts this morning.  Working on end of year inventory.   Id rather shoot myself with milk of magnesia,   Ok maybe not.   but if you really need me.....shoot me an im, hopefully I can open it.  

Inventory is a pain, I used to hate that as well....goodluck, and find some time to RELAX, AND CROCHET, lol

Hello,

It was another work day today with a couple of stops on the way home. I stopped at the post office and mailed puffies for our Queens, estimated delivery date is the 15th. I doing some repair work on some shorts for my brother tonight and thats about it for me.

Hi carol, how it be, looking forward to your visit with family soon.. HOw many times would you say you have visited Disneyland, since you are close enough to it, i just wondered....lol

OK ladies the past few days have brought some fears and heartache. A man that was a vital part of my life from age 7 to 13 Passed away. He was like a father to me. me and his daughter we inseparable until I moved to indiana. 

Next is I have told you all my Niece is having a baby. She is having a boy nameing him Brantley. We found out the other day that This lil man has a heart disorder called Hypoplastic left heart.  it is a condition that when the unoxygenated blood enters the heart on the right side. It gains oxygen as it travels to the left side. His left side is smaller and weaker and can not pump the oxygenated blood back out. He will have open heart surgery with in two days of birth. another in 6 mths and another before he is a year old. if the surgeries dont work he will have to have a heart transplant. 

there is a symbol for HPLH  it is a heart half blue and half red. I want to make an afghan for him using this symbol. So I am changing my colors and square size I will need 50 red 50 blue and 246 white three inch squares. He is due at the end of January. Any help is appreciated also prayers are needed.

so sorry to hear of both your loss, and the baby. I will change up your prefs. momentarily...Chin up my lovely, and hang in there!

question for you, do you want specific blues, whites and reds, or will any shade we send be ok????

I'm so sorry for your loss!!  :hug And for the poor baby... I'm going to echo Katie and ask if you want particular reds and blues. Also, any particular pattern, simple granny or any pattern as long as it's 3"? As soon as we hear from you, I'll find or buy the yarn and get you some squares out! 

Went to Michaels today and bought the rest of the scrapbook paper I needed for my recipe binder. Tonight I'll type up some more recipes and hopefully get the divider tabs made! No purchased dividers here... I've always got to make things more difficult than they need to be! I'm pretty proud of it so far, so I may have to share a picture or two when I'm finished!  :D Michaels had this crazy Christmas tree hat that stood straight up off the top of my head about 18". Yes, I had to try it on!  :lol Sister found a button on it and it started playing Jingle Bell Rock and dancing on my head. Peanut got a great kick out of it! He's getting to the age now where certain things really crack him up and I just love his laugh!  :manyheart

No big plans for tomorrow except staying warm. We've got that polar vortex nonsense coming through tonight and I am less than thrilled! I don't do cold weather!!  :no Dinner will go in the crockpot in the morning and I'll make squash casserole for our side tomorrow evening. Should be a good warming dinner for cold weather! 

A gal at another site I go to had a son with the very same thing,and had all the surgeries,they had to watch his activites for a number of years,now he is a big strappy kid who plays hockey

Sending hugs your way!

Red heart in just plain blue red and white. nothing fancy just simple granny squares.  Thanks guys

so sorry to hear of both your loss, and the baby. I will change up your prefs. momentarily...Chin up my lovely, and hang in there!

question for you, do you want specific blues, whites and reds, or will any shade we send be ok????

Pine knott I will relay that to my niece one of her fears is him not being able to be a normal kid and play sports. or run around

A gal at another site I go to had a son with the very same thing,and had all the surgeries,they had to watch his activites for a number of years,now he is a big strappy kid who plays hockey

I fibbed and puffies went out today instead of yesterday. I got all wrapped up in my binder making and left later than I intended yesterday afternoon! Everything is supposed to arrive Monday! I'll be back to check in again later tonight.  :)

dragnlady, prayers are being said.

katie, I live 4 hours south of Disney World. I had been to Disney a couple times as a teenager and once when my girls were around 10 and 12 years old. Then my oldest daughter and her hubby decided to honeymoon at Disney World and it set off major Disney World geekdom for all of us. I have been several times over the past seven years. Some times we go for 3 or 4 days and other times we do 1 day trips. The one day trips are more common since my daughter now lives just 2 hours from Disney World. We decided to get seasonal passes again last month. I've started telling people that when I retire from teaching I'm going to go work for the Mouse in Orlando, probably won't be the same as vacationing there but it could still be fun, I want to be a Fairy Godmother because I'll be too old to be a Princess  :lol .

I think I will do some crocheting tonight. Have a great evening!

good morning,as the morning wears on its getting chillier,brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Pineknott, I'm not too far from you and it's definitely getting cold fast! I'm not okay with this at all!! Lol!  :wcold

Red heart in just plain blue red and white. nothing fancy just simple granny squares.  Thanks guys

Pine knott I will relay that to my niece one of her fears is him not being able to be a normal kid and play sports. or run around

I'll hit AC Moore this weekend hopefully and get some red and blue! I'll let you know how many squares I've got for you and PM you for your address when I'm ready to send them.  :)

katie, I live 4 hours south of Disney World. I had been to Disney a couple times as a teenager and once when my girls were around 10 and 12 years old. Then my oldest daughter and her hubby decided to honeymoon at Disney World and it set off major Disney World geekdom for all of us. I have been several times over the past seven years. Some times we go for 3 or 4 days and other times we do 1 day trips. The one day trips are more common since my daughter now lives just 2 hours from Disney World. We decided to get seasonal passes again last month. I've started telling people that when I retire from teaching I'm going to go work for the Mouse in Orlando, probably won't be the same as vacationing there but it could still be fun, I want to be a Fairy Godmother because I'll be too old to be a Princess  :lol .

I'm totally jealous! I went with my family when I was about 5 or 6 and again with DH a couple years ago. His family lives in Tampa so they aren't too far away for a day trip. I'm hoping we go back soon because I just love it there! My dad is a huge Disney fan so I didn't have much choice! Lol! They just released Sleeping Beauty on DVD so I need to get that before it goes "back in the vault"! 

Got lots of work done on my recipe binder today, got all the grandmothers' recipes all typed up and printed and they just need their plastic sleeves and places in the binder. Once that's done, I'm hoping to get some work done on my rainbow ripple this evening so I can figure out what shade of green I need, because I'm pretty sure I'm missing one. 

Tomorrow or Saturday I'll be off to visit Peanut, Sunday is a home football game we're going to and then Monday we'll leave for my dad's to spend Thanksgiving. Whichever day I'm not with Peanut I should really clean. Queen Procrastinator here!!  :king I figure he's getting bigger and growing up but the mess isn't going anywhere!  ;)

hi again, the last week to sign up for the secret santa thing in dec, so I can get everyone paired up before Dec, so shoot me a pm or an email, if you want in, it's not too late you know!! here's that list so far....

So far, list runs.

Angelroselight

Sopo

Yarnmonkey

Owlvamp

Kimgoodie,

katyallen8090

Pineknott

Dragnlady5

Grannyannie

Immafreek

so come one, come all, and get me a pm, if'n you want in>>> thanks now...and pssst, pass it on to your friends here on the ville, anyone can join!!

so far, we're heading into the deep freeze tonight and tomorrow, but I am weathering it, forgive the pun, lol Comfort food, a warm lap ghan, furnace humming away, and oh, my diet coke, and maybe some pop corn tonight, and we're hunkered in!!

or down, whatever, lol

Having thanksgiving here, just the two of us, kids invited, but we kind of want to stay home, and eat here, and have all those delish left overs, as well...

Daughter has been sick, fever and all that goes with it, finally got into a doc, sinus infection, and sore throat, plus and ear infection, poor kid, here's wishing Jen wellness soon, and thank goodness she has her hubby, he is so caring and attentive all the time, and more so, when she is sick, she lucked out when she found him!!

So, what are your thanksgiving traditions, do you have any to share. I have some, one is,  before we eat, and when all are seated, we go round the table, and everyone says something they are truley thankfull for this year... simple, but effective. Then of course a silent prayer of ones own choice, and then we dig in!!

Mine this year, will be multiple, and I will be thankful i healed from my accident, and for all family and friends we have, including good neighbors, and you folks here, and and and, lol I always have several!!

another is that we all like to sit around after we fill up, and watch I'ts a Wonderful Life, at Thanksgiving, and Christmas movie, is usually Chrilstmas Story, with Ralphie and his b b gun, lol

well, that is it for me tonight, running on empty lately, had several things to take care of today, got that done, and feeling much relieved, I put off calling daughter till today,as I felt bad not coming, but she was cool about it, and it will just be them, and his mom and dad, so she will still be able to show off her cooking skills, which are amazing, lol

Ok, well, gotta go and find something to occupy myself, just cause it's dark, is not a reason I have to go to bed this early!!

dragnlady5, answer please, is it 3 round grannys, or 3 inch grannys, thank you... How many rounds make the size you are looking for, cause we all tried to make for owlvamp 3 inch, 3 round, grannys, and no one could accomplish that very well, so tell me again pretty plese, 3 round, and 3 inch???????!! not sure I can make them right. .......

we were down there in '71 they were still finishing up & not open yet

I've been to Disneyland,way back in '79

Good evening all! I've got a tab open to where I left off on the thread; so much to read up on and I just don't think I can right now.... Things have not been going well over here lately. I went into a bad depression when Little Viking's daycare closed and we had to find a new one and it hasn't lifted. And then we Didn't Make An Offer on another house, and it was one that I did really want and furthermore seems to have been pretty much our last option.... There is literally nothing for sale in the area we're looking at that I have even the remotest interest in considering. Doesn't matter for DH of course, he doesn't even KNOW what he wants, which is the whole problem. The best way to express how I feel about this whole house thing is just to say that I can't actually express my true feelings about it, as the community guidelines don't allow it. Not sure how it works... do the words get starred out, or the post just doesn't appear or what? The post would be mostly stars, if the former.

We still have the dog, because the rescue group hasn't gotten back to me yet... I'm starting to get worried. That reminds me, I was going to send them an email tonight to see if they GOT our submission. Ok, done. So after a period of feeling completely detached I'm back to (somewhat) normal, even started working on a new trick with her.... Which is helping me to keep it together and keep her more manageable, but is going to make things even harder if/when it does come to giving her up....

Oh, and I still hate my job. I hate it so bad and I want to leave but I can't until we move. So I'm stuck between seriously believing we're never going to move, and I should just quit so at least I'm not going off to be miserable every day, and thinking that if I quit then there goes the income and we'll never even have a CHANCE of moving.... I haven't had many days lately that have not had major bad points. My blood pressure was even up at my last dentist appointment and that never happens! It was two days after the house (somebody else made an offer on the house I wanted, and we had to decide that day if we were going to make one too... and he said no) so I am pretty sure it was stress that had it up and not anything else. So yeah, I haven't had a lot of days lately that haven't had at least one major bad time. Usually during the commute; half an hour alone with my thoughts, and alone with my thoughts is not a good place to be these days.

It's not all bad, at least, it just feels like the parts that are bad are never going to go away. It's starting to feel like I'm two people, because Mommy isn't so much touched by it all. She's got a preschooler to take care of. And he has been fantastic lately, thankfully. Sick this week, poor little guy. Earache and upset stomach! :( But back to school today.

Yarn Monkey's comment about being the crazy auntie made me think about Viking's aunt, my sister, who got him a book version of the Beatle's Yellow Submarine. He loves the book, and will specifically ask for it at bedtime. We also have the song in an old songbook from when I was a kid, and so we've sung the song a lot too. And last weekend we introduced him to Beatles Rock Band - I think we did Yellow Submarine five times in a row before he wanted to try a different song. :D Then yesterday he was playing at the kitchen table and talking to himself and I heard him say "Wuv. Is. All. You. Need," which is what Yarn Monkey reminded me of because I had to text my sister right away to tell her; she loves it that he loves his Beatles book so much. ^_^ Okay, writing about kids and Beatles has me feeling better now, so I'm going to sign off and go to bed. I need the sleep, I do...

Good night everyone!

VikingRunnerGirl hang in there . You'll find the right house. Does hubby even want to move? From reading post it just makes me wonder. Moving is a big change and a lot of work..

I have been extremely busy and in the process sprained a couple of my fingers for when I crochet is causes lots of pain. I can sew some without pain but crocheting has become a big challege..

Good morning!

Hugs to vikingrunner....and anyone else that needs one!

Sure glad it is Friday!

Each nite we've been reading Kiddle's book for her book report due next Friday. After several emails with the teacher, she is allowing me to help her read it....me a page, her a page, etc. When it is time to write the book report....well, not gonna be pretty! The teacher says she can do a lot more on her own than she lets on to me and does so at school, but get her home and she can't do anything on her own! Argh!

Oh well, we each have our 'thang' we gotta deal with ......and I'll survive!

Have a great day!

kuddles

kuddles grandson is the same way... I did the same with him on the reading. I read a page and then he would. I could read the whole story and he would listen and still pass but I wouldn't do that.. I even went where he read the long paragraphs and me the short. His mom never helped him kindergarten and so he totally dislikes reading. He didnt get the help he needed early on which leads to him now not reading well. If it's to long he will just guess and not read it... I try but how do you undo something she taught him years ago.. Funny thing is she loves to read but no desire to help the boys. Some people in this world shouldn't be parents and others can't and should be.

Good morning!

I love to read,but wasn't very good at in early years,they put me in some remedial classes and it helped

the love of books grew when I had my first Library card,so maybe after a slow start,the reading will pick up speed

I think all these electronic devices don't really help a struggling student, my 2 cents

Archived