Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

dragnlady5, answer please, is it 3 round grannys, or 3 inch grannys, thank you... How many rounds make the size you are looking for, cause we all tried to make for owlvamp 3 inch, 3 round, grannys, and no one could accomplish that very well, so tell me again pretty plese, 3 round, and 3 inch???????!! not sure I can make them right. .......

D / 3.25 Hook with 3 rounds will make a 3 inch square

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heading up hunting this weekend, hubby is hunting for deer, wife is hunting for houses.lol. Jam packed weekend, the toddlers are going to grandmas and the dogs to my sisters. Legit freedom! First time in.......6years!?! I was thinking I would get some knitting done but that seems to be a wishful thought. Will take the bag..just in case. Hope everyone is staying warm....this snow can be pretty but I prefer mine in a globe while I sit on a beach heehee.

And a request also for anyone who is making some squares. Will you please send a note along with it to Hevan. ( My niece). I want to her to know all the generous people who helped make this blanket and all the prayers and good thoughts that went up for her and Brantley.

Hi everyone! I've been doing the "Happy Friday" dance all day. I have Sewing Guild events tomorrow and Sunday, then Sunday afternoon I will be heading to my daughter's house. For tonight I think I will crochet and watch TV. Have a good evening.

hi all... regarding kids and reading, my daughter had always been an excellent reader, from an early age, thank goodness, but some of those in her class, unfortunately weren't, so I volunteered in the early grades, tutoring reading to her classmates. It was a great help, most of them, just needed the one on one attention, and after about two school years (3, and 4th grades) the ones i tutored, were closer to the rest of the class, and didn't have any further anguish over a reading assignment, sooo takes a little one on one, which it sounds like Kuddles is doing, so dont' dispair, it takes time, but will mean a world of difference to her later on....

a d hook , really! Ive never ever worked with a d hook before, I doubt I even have one, I  am speechless, I even put away my f hook a long time ago, as it hurts my hands to cramp up that small! I don't think I will be able to make them then Dragnlady5, but I will try a few and see, so sorry about that, my bad,just can't handle those little hooks, they make my fingers cramp.......

Never been to disney land, nor disney world, daughter has, in a school band trip, they marched in the thanksgiving day parade at disneyworld. cool beans, but I unfortunately wasn't on that trip.soooooooo...

Oh, poor viking, don't give up sweetie, something will come along and things will straighten out for you all, soon.... we're all sending good vibes to the Up above Powers that be for you and yours!!

well, kuddles, more snow on the way for us, huh....we are predicted 1 to 3 inches, pshaw, we sneeze at that amount, HA HA HA... Long as we don't have to drive in it, he he he...

went out today, and got the rest of my errands all done, so we are good to go, if we happen to get snowed in for a few days, but handyman wont' let that happen, he is up at dawn if need be, to shovel the walks and drive,and even a wide path for the doggie to walk out and do her biz,. she hates to get her feet cold, and or wet!!

oh, does anyone want an iron on transfer booklet, my sis in Idaho sent me some things I won't probably ever need, so if anyone does that, or wants it, let me know, ok. what else was there, I can't remember now, I put most of it away, I think there ws just that one thing, i can't use.  I ts a book, with iron on designs in it, quite a few pages, as I recall, and I will never use them.....holler at me!! or pm me, yeah, then Ill put your names in a pool, and pick one at random if there are more than one!! k, yall got till Monday, lol

sounds l ike  busy nd well earned vaca. Kay, have fun, Im not a hunter fan, but understand that people do it, soooooooo

( i still hope the deers get away!!) ha ha.

kim and kay, how is the collecting going!!

I didn't get the mail today, but will check tomorrow, our mail comes late, after dark almost now, so Im home, and hunkered down by then lol..

I hear that Linda, i either gave away, or put away anything smaller than a g hook, years of office and keyboards, ruined my fingers, apparently, lol . I tried the g hook too big, ...and hard on the hands, lol....hopefully others will pick it up, i too would have liked to help...i found as well, that the yarn splits when the hook is too small, least mine does, and it is aggravating!

so far, we're heading into the deep freeze tonight and tomorrow, but I am weathering it, forgive the pun, lol Comfort food, a warm lap ghan, furnace humming away, and oh, my diet coke, and maybe some pop corn tonight, and we're hunkered in!!

or down, whatever, lol

Having thanksgiving here, just the two of us, kids invited, but we kind of want to stay home, and eat here, and have all those delish left overs, as well...

Daughter has been sick, fever and all that goes with it, finally got into a doc, sinus infection, and sore throat, plus and ear infection, poor kid, here's wishing Jen wellness soon, and thank goodness she has her hubby, he is so caring and attentive all the time, and more so, when she is sick, she lucked out when she found him!!

So, what are your thanksgiving traditions, do you have any to share. I have some, one is,  before we eat, and when all are seated, we go round the table, and everyone says something they are truley thankfull for this year... simple, but effective. Then of course a silent prayer of ones own choice, and then we dig in!!

Mine this year, will be multiple, and I will be thankful i healed from my accident, and for all family and friends we have, including good neighbors, and you folks here, and and and, lol I always have several!!

another is that we all like to sit around after we fill up, and watch I'ts a Wonderful Life, at Thanksgiving, and Christmas movie, is usually Chrilstmas Story, with Ralphie and his b b gun, lol

well, that is it for me tonight, running on empty lately, had several things to take care of today, got that done, and feeling much relieved, I put off calling daughter till today,as I felt bad not coming, but she was cool about it, and it will just be them, and his mom and dad, so she will still be able to show off her cooking skills, which are amazing, lol

Ok, well, gotta go and find something to occupy myself, just cause it's dark, is not a reason I have to go to bed this early!!

I feel so bad for your daughter! That's what happens to me... starts as a cold, then turns into a sinus infection and double ear infection every single time! I avoid anyone with the sniffles like they have the plague because I WILL catch it if I'm within 10 feet of them! I hope she starts feeling better soon! Especially with the holidays coming. 

We don't really have any sort of traditions... We did the saying what you're thankful for at the table for a couple of years, but I think it was mainly while my sister and I were small and then it didn't really happen anymore. And family situations have changed so much over the years between marriages and divorces that it seems like every year is an entirely new group for the day! Lol! 

Good evening all! I've got a tab open to where I left off on the thread; so much to read up on and I just don't think I can right now.... Things have not been going well over here lately. I went into a bad depression when Little Viking's daycare closed and we had to find a new one and it hasn't lifted. And then we Didn't Make An Offer on another house, and it was one that I did really want and furthermore seems to have been pretty much our last option.... There is literally nothing for sale in the area we're looking at that I have even the remotest interest in considering. Doesn't matter for DH of course, he doesn't even KNOW what he wants, which is the whole problem. The best way to express how I feel about this whole house thing is just to say that I can't actually express my true feelings about it, as the community guidelines don't allow it. Not sure how it works... do the words get starred out, or the post just doesn't appear or what? The post would be mostly stars, if the former.

We still have the dog, because the rescue group hasn't gotten back to me yet... I'm starting to get worried. That reminds me, I was going to send them an email tonight to see if they GOT our submission. Ok, done. So after a period of feeling completely detached I'm back to (somewhat) normal, even started working on a new trick with her.... Which is helping me to keep it together and keep her more manageable, but is going to make things even harder if/when it does come to giving her up....

Oh, and I still hate my job. I hate it so bad and I want to leave but I can't until we move. So I'm stuck between seriously believing we're never going to move, and I should just quit so at least I'm not going off to be miserable every day, and thinking that if I quit then there goes the income and we'll never even have a CHANCE of moving.... I haven't had many days lately that have not had major bad points. My blood pressure was even up at my last dentist appointment and that never happens! It was two days after the house (somebody else made an offer on the house I wanted, and we had to decide that day if we were going to make one too... and he said no) so I am pretty sure it was stress that had it up and not anything else. So yeah, I haven't had a lot of days lately that haven't had at least one major bad time. Usually during the commute; half an hour alone with my thoughts, and alone with my thoughts is not a good place to be these days.

It's not all bad, at least, it just feels like the parts that are bad are never going to go away. It's starting to feel like I'm two people, because Mommy isn't so much touched by it all. She's got a preschooler to take care of. And he has been fantastic lately, thankfully. Sick this week, poor little guy. Earache and upset stomach! :( But back to school today.

Yarn Monkey's comment about being the crazy auntie made me think about Viking's aunt, my sister, who got him a book version of the Beatle's Yellow Submarine. He loves the book, and will specifically ask for it at bedtime. We also have the song in an old songbook from when I was a kid, and so we've sung the song a lot too. And last weekend we introduced him to Beatles Rock Band - I think we did Yellow Submarine five times in a row before he wanted to try a different song. :D Then yesterday he was playing at the kitchen table and talking to himself and I heard him say "Wuv. Is. All. You. Need," which is what Yarn Monkey reminded me of because I had to text my sister right away to tell her; she loves it that he loves his Beatles book so much. ^_^ Okay, writing about kids and Beatles has me feeling better now, so I'm going to sign off and go to bed. I need the sleep, I do...

Good night everyone!

I hope everything starts going better.... I always try to remember what my grandmother says... It will happen if it's meant to and if it doesn't then something better is coming! So far she's been right, although most of the time I need to repeat it over and over to myself to get myself to relax and let it go!  :hug

I didn't even realize there was a Yellow Submarine book, but now I'm on a mission to find it for my Peanut. My sister and I were raised on The Beatles and know every song by heart. Peanut is being raised on it too because Sister sings their songs to him all the time. I think if he said "Wuv is all you need" within earshot of  me, I would probably turn into a big puddle.  :cry  :cry

VikingRunnerGirl hang in there . You'll find the right house. Does hubby even want to move? From reading post it just makes me wonder. Moving is a big change and a lot of work..

I have been extremely busy and in the process sprained a couple of my fingers for when I crochet is causes lots of pain. I can sew some without pain but crocheting has become a big challege..

I hope your fingers heal quickly! That's an awful thing to injure!  :hug

D / 3.25 Hook with 3 rounds will make a 3 inch square

I'm afraid I'm out too.. I can't make anything smaller than a G work with WW yarn... It splits and gets so tight I can't get my hook through and it makes my hand go numb. Good luck with the squares! 

I'm off to spend time with Peanut (and Sister by default lol) tomorrow and we're going running around. I need to go to Michaels for scrapbook paper and we're going to AC Moore so Sister can buy the yarn I'll need to make Peanut a Santa outfit for Christmas. Sister bought our mom's dog (a fluffy little Maltese and Peanut's best friend) a little Mrs. Claus outfit out of the dollar section at Target so they'll be on her Christmas cards this year in their festive outfits. I can't wait to see how it turns out! I'm kind of winging it, so we'll see. I'll definitely post pictures when I've got it figured out! 

I hope everyone had a good weekend and YAY! Happy Friday!  :yay  :yay

VikingRunnerGirl hang in there . You'll find the right house. Does hubby even want to move? From reading post it just makes me wonder. Moving is a big change and a lot of work..

I have been extremely busy and in the process sprained a couple of my fingers for when I crochet is causes lots of pain. I can sew some without pain but crocheting has become a big challege..

Owl, I have wondered that many, many times. A lot of times it really doesn't seem like he's that interested. He always says he is, but it gets really hard to believe when he won't look at listings I find and never wants to go see anything I want to see.

Yarn Monkey - Here's a link to the publisher's page on the book! It's been so long since I've seen the movie that I don't remember much of it, but reading the book makes me want to see it again more and more every time.... I do remember when I saw it, it was with my husband and a friend of ours, and the whole time I was like "OMG OMG OMG SO AWESOME" and they were both like "Wut. The heck. Is going on." They both thought I was nuts. :D

I also realized that reading it so much is ... gosh, it's hard to explain in words. John Lennon's murder was always just part of music history for me; I was only a year old at the time, after all. Now it's starting to feel more real, and more tragic... like I'm getting an idea of what it really means that we lost John Lennon. Like I said... hard to explain. Now, link!:

http://www.candlewick.com/cat.asp?browse=Title&mode=book&isbn=0763624403&bkview=p&pix=y

When you use a smaller hook the yarn does split. I used a really small hook making the bears. The yarn split really bad. Plus by the time i was done my hands were so cramped up. They hurt for days. I couldn't crochet for about a week. So I'm out too. Plus with my hurt fingers I couldn't get to it until they are better. I'm sorry!! You might want to change the size of the hook for people to help with it.

A quick "hello" to all my wonderful square family!  I haven't had a chance to read thru all the posts, so I hope you'll forgive me for not knowing what is going on.  I hope all is well in squareland.  We had about 4" of lovely white stuff yesterday!  Brrrrr!  I guess winter is really here!  Time to get out the snowshovels  :flake Hugs and best wishes to all....

Good morning all! And big hug to Ann!

Today? Taking my car in for an oil change and new wiper blades. Then walk in the mall. Errand to Target then probably home. I have so much I need to do around the condo!

Hope you all have a great day!

kuddles

Good morning everyone, Ive been up since 6. And none of the kids are home, darn internal alarm clock :D

I have to go Repo my Wedding dress from the bridal shop that was supposed to alter it. 5 weeks later and not so much as a phone call to let me know when to expect it. And someone else I know is going through the same thing with the same darn shop. Shes out 800$ on 3 dresses, and still not a single word after 2 months ! I told a friend who is going with me today to get it, that if they dont have my dress (all alterations are done in store) that Im taking a dress off the rack and holding it hostage till I get mine back.

Hope you all have a good day :hug to all

let me see what i can do with my pattern. to make them larger squares

a d hook , really! Ive never ever worked with a d hook before, I doubt I even have one, I  am speechless, I even put away my f hook a long time ago, as it hurts my hands to cramp up that small! I don't think I will be able to make them then Dragnlady5, but I will try a few and see, so sorry about that, my bad,just can't handle those little hooks, they make my fingers cramp.......

so much going on, hi ann, and kuddles, and lacey, and yarn monkey, and carol, and dragnlady, and viking, sheesh, did i forget anyone, lol... Good to see you are are moving on through this cold snap, I shoulda got an oil change too kuddles, I bought m y car new, and it has only had a couple oil changes, and it's 5 yrs old, and has 10,000 only in miles on it, lol They always make a big deal of the low milage when i take it in, like , See you in another few years!! lol

made some beef stew today, simmering on the stove, should be ready soon, that and biscuits, a good cold day's dinner, huh!!

Oh, I hate to have you change up your design dragnlady, seems a lot of us have troulbe coming to working terms with small hooks... but if you can, you would probably get more of us to help.?? just a thought...

owlvamp, Ill try to snap a pic of that iron transfer book for you tonight, to show some pics, send me up your email, as I can't send any pics through the pms here. ok...

Ann, good to see you too, and hoping you feel more okay than ok, soon!! lol

Lacey, get that dress back!!you made me laugh, holding one hostage, lol

Viking,  regarding the beetles, never was particularly fond of them, till later on, when the good songs came into it, I  will have to look into his death more, as I really don't know what happened there either.....

I have been working on hats for the mission, ( they distribute to whatever charitys have a need) and I donate once a month, and that is on the first Sat, of next month, they have a truck in my area, soooooo I have gotten about 6 hats done, and have only worked on them for a couple days so far.... Ill take pics of those as well, maybe later on.....that's it for me, over and out for now.

every one else, within read shot, (ear shot doesn't work with type, lol) hello and try to keep warm, and dry......Ill check in later!!

Hi everyone! I had a very nice time at the Sewing Guild luncheon today, the food was delicious. Louise Cutting who is the newest member of the Sewing Guild Hall of Fame was the guest speaker and she was very entertaining. We also received some nice sewing goodies. I'm attending a class by Louise Cutting tomorrow before I head to my daughter's house.

A quick "hello" to all my wonderful square family!  I haven't had a chance to read thru all the posts, so I hope you'll forgive me for not knowing what is going on.  I hope all is well in squareland.  We had about 4" of lovely white stuff yesterday!  Brrrrr!  I guess winter is really here!  Time to get out the snowshovels  :flake Hugs and best wishes to all....

It was nice early fall weather here for so long and then we got a cold front through night before last and winter has hit! No snow here though, thank goodness! You can keep that white nonsense at your house, please!  :yes

Good morning everyone, Ive been up since 6. And none of the kids are home, darn internal alarm clock :D

I have to go Repo my Wedding dress from the bridal shop that was supposed to alter it. 5 weeks later and not so much as a phone call to let me know when to expect it. And someone else I know is going through the same thing with the same darn shop. Shes out 800$ on 3 dresses, and still not a single word after 2 months ! I told a friend who is going with me today to get it, that if they dont have my dress (all alterations are done in store) that Im taking a dress off the rack and holding it hostage till I get mine back.

Hope you all have a good day :hug to all

I had the same problem with my dress! 2-3 hour drive to the shop depending on traffic and I had the absolute worst experience ever with the seamstress! The day of our joint bachelor/bachelorette party I had to drive up there and finally get my daggone dress. I was IRATE! I learned to never have the dress altered at the dress store! Take it to a dry cleaners and have them do it. Plus it's cheaper. I hope you get your dress! Throw a royal bridezilla hissy fit and get that thing home with you!!  :cheer  :cheer  (I'm your personal cheering squad)

ok 14 red, 13 blue, 118 white. in 6 inch squares. i will have to see which hook size.

Keep us updated! I should be able to manage a 6 inch square, pending hook size.

Spent some quality time with Peanut and Sister today. Peanut is teething so he's generally unhappy but his amber necklace seems to be helping a little bit. We picked up and end table for Sister's house and went to AC Moore to get the yarn for Peanut's Santa outfit. I've got the hat a little ways done since I already had red. I'll take it with me to my dad's and probably finish it there over Thanksgiving. Tomorrow DH and I have a football game and then we'll come home to pack and then off to my dad's on Monday morning. 

I hope everyone has had a good weekend so far! I'll check in after football tomorrow!  :)

Good morning!

Today going to take a bunch of my paperbacks to Half Price Books to sell back. Will probably only get 10 bucks that better than nothing! Swimming lesson later today.....

Brrrrrrr here!

kuddles

Hello All Hope everyone is staying warm & cozy

We got 13inches of snow between Thursday night and Friday afternoon.   Let's just say hubby is done with winter already.   lol

I hit the Michaels & Joann's sale right before the snow storm, so I am good

Currently working on hats for allll my customers, I am also doing hats for a charity near and dear to my heart Epilepsy.   For every hat purchased from me..... I will donate a hat to a kid with Epilepsy.  Dravet Syndrome.   My baby sister & my best friend passed away from epilepsy in 2000.  So I am crocheting away.   Will post pics if I stop crocheting for a second. 

Katie   I hope your daughter is feeling better.   I don't care how old they get they are still our babies

Lauren   I hope you feel better real soon.  Just know that this two shall pass.  "Patience Grasshopper"  you will find a magnificient house for both you and your husband.  Just image now, what that will feel like....& you will also find a wonderful job once your in your new home.   Have Faith & remember   WUV is all you need   lol  & we love you.

Owlvamp   OUch!   Hoping for fast healing for you.   I always protect my ride hand like im a athlete.   Don't think I could do much with out it

LOL   Lacey I can see you taking that dress off the rack and running out the store.  LOL  Be careful girl

Everyone have an awesome Sunday

Ok , so a friend had called the dress shop befoe I could ger up there. Lol. So the owner called me and I threw a massive Bridezilla fit over the phone. She kept saying "your beidesmaid dresses arent finished yet because you never ordered them". And i kept telling her I know that. I told her i was waiting to get them ordered bc i wanted to see how long it would take for them to do my dress. And that ill be in to pick it up and i want my drposit for my alteratiobs back and im taking my business somewhere else. She suddenly got very concerened and yold my they were in the middle of doing my dress and it will be done monday morning. All i gotta say is it better be done bc im going up there tomorrow first thing, snow or not! And it better be ready lol or I will take one of theirs. My mom will bail me out of jail hahaha

Archived