Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! My mother left this morning on the train and I'm trying to get laundry done, and odds and ends. Nice visit!

bgs - thanks for the kind thoughts re: electricity being out. Is working fine now!

Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend!

kuddles

oh pretty ghan lacey!! love it,love the pattern too!

Kuddles, hi ya, glad you had a nice visit with mom, and now tomorrow, we all go back to normal again, huh. lol

Pineknot, sure hope your old standby hook shows up soon,I hate it when that happens, usually it has fallen behind or under something, that I have to either move, or get a yardstick to get out!!!

Taking it easy today, it's awful hot out there, hope it cools down soon..

had leftover spaghetti, garlic bread,and made a salad, so we are full,and ready to relax the night away, lol  Looks like its been a slow and quiet chat day here today! :yes

Im working on a substitute ghan instead of the c2c, as I took a lot of that out, so, will snap pics of that beginning one soon when I think to take my camera in there with me, lol

i just keep telling myself, remember when it was freezing cold out, and we longed for summer warmth.????? lol

I love the seasons though, all of them, they each have their own good things about them..

the only other thing missing from this relaxing and sleepy state Im in, is a nice shower, so Ill see you all later, stay safe!!!!

Lacey, that is a pretty afghan design! Can't wait to see it all worked up.

Random: I love the name Confetti Salsa. I would probably use that too if I were her. ;) The dump cake sounds interesting, too, We went berry picking this weekend, end of season strawberries and early blueberries at a farm near my cousin's, and then black raspberries this morning up behind my grandmother's barn :lol, and the flyer from the picking farm had a recipe for blueberry buckle inside. Never made buckle before (so telling when it was done was... interesting...) but it sounded quick and simple so I thought I'd give it a try. Ended up making it twice over the weekend! First blueberry-strawberry buckle, and then blueberry-strawberry-black raspberry buckle, and it was soooo good. The first one I made for a small group of us for lunch instead of for the BIG family picnic in the evening, so we wouldn't have to share it, and I was glad I did. :D

Well guess what, y'all? I'm going to have to redo that layout! I had the picture out with the squares I have edged just to play the "let's see how far I've come" game, and wouldn't you know it but I found six squares that aren't in the picture. O_o Whee! Don't know how many more I'm going to find, but it'll be fun. I should probably wait until I've got them all edged before trying a new layout, but I don't know if I'll be able to wait that long... :D

I was thinking of trying a ripple Afghan for my husband. I'm impatient for my yarn to get here already lol. I've started losing some weight finally! Hopefully it continues. Spent Saturday w family, Fri was a show. Classes are going well. We get to hang out with some friends Fri that we haven't seen very often, I'm excited!

Good morning all!

Back to the 'grind'.....and summer hours meaning gotta be at work right after 7. And stay till 4:30 but gives me friday off. Kiddles and I don't like it but at least it is just this month!

Still trying to wake up.....have a great day all!

kuddles

Good Morning!

My computer seems to be having some issues this morning, I was in the middle of typing my message and the browser decided to close itself :irk

Anyway, not much going on here. I'm still working on vacation outfits for the grandkids, I'm on the last one now and then just need to make a couple of quick swimsuit coverups. Our vacation plans have changed a little. We are going a week earlier than originally planned because our friends from Maryland will be in Orlando that week for a church conference. So we have added a day at Disney's Magic Kingdom with them to our itinerary. Originally we were just doing Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park. So now we have 2 days of fun planned. Short vacation but still lots of fun.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hi Everyone!!

Just a quick pop in...we're *still* on the road.  We have literally been home 3 days (more like 2 1/2) since June 13th...and it looks like we won't be home until next Monday.  The people who have picked up my mail said that I have puffies waiting for me, and I'm soooo excited!!  I wish I could have been home to thank people as they have came in, so for now, thank you Squares for making me queen for June.  Who got queen for July?  I haven't read through the pages yet to find out, and I won't have time until I return home.  :(  Just know, I'll work double duty for the July queen, and for the people I contacted before my trip, I will be mailing those puffies out when I return.  Life just got in the way and I ran out of time with trip prepping and such.  Gotta scoot...I'll be back!!

Good morning ladies!

I'm at the hospital with hubby. Today is the day for his eye surgery.

I'm in the waiting room crocheting a bear arm right now waiting on them to come and get me...

On my way back to him right now. I brought my yarn to make another bear.

Hi Viking, you have been a busy girl!! Never heard of a "buckle" other than on a belt, or suitcases, or purses, lol Ill have to look that up, the strawberries sound so delish, and the blue berries too, did you say black rasp, yummmm....love them all, Im a berry  lovin' person!!

Lacey, that is a pretty afghan design! Can't wait to see it all worked up.

Random: I love the name Confetti Salsa. I would probably use that too if I were her. ;) The dump cake sounds interesting, too, We went berry picking this weekend, end of season strawberries and early blueberries at a farm near my cousin's, and then black raspberries this morning up behind my grandmother's barn :lol, and the flyer from the picking farm had a recipe for blueberry buckle inside. Never made buckle before (so telling when it was done was... interesting...) but it sounded quick and simple so I thought I'd give it a try. Ended up making it twice over the weekend! First blueberry-strawberry buckle, and then blueberry-strawberry-black raspberry buckle, and it was soooo good. The first one I made for a small group of us for lunch instead of for the BIG family picnic in the evening, so we wouldn't have to share it, and I was glad I did. :D

Well guess what, y'all? I'm going to have to redo that layout! I had the picture out with the squares I have edged just to play the "let's see how far I've come" game, and wouldn't you know it but I found six squares that aren't in the picture. O_o Whee! Don't know how many more I'm going to find, but it'll be fun. I should probably wait until I've got them all edged before trying a new layout, but I don't know if I'll be able to wait that long... :D

yeah, good for you reiann, try a ripple, they are relatively easy once you get the hang of doing the ends lol little hint there, read directions, he he he.

I was thinking of trying a ripple Afghan for my husband. I'm impatient for my yarn to get here already lol. I've started losing some weight finally! Hopefully it continues. Spent Saturday w family, Fri was a show. Classes are going well. We get to hang out with some friends Fri that we haven't seen very often, I'm excited!

Hi ya Kuddles, you being back to the grind, reminded me, the last time i heard The Grind, that was where my daugter had her first art show, lol it was audience particlpation, every one there, that wanted to, could add something to the painting,there was even a well known artist there, that added this terrific looking eye, ha ha, and then when finished she presented it to the owner of the Grind, lol, how bout that for a good memory!!      Glad hers was a bit more pleasant, lol,,,but glad you are back to somekind of a schedule, kids need that, lol

Good morning all!

Back to the 'grind'.....and summer hours meaning gotta be at work right after 7. And stay till 4:30 but gives me friday off. Kiddles and I don't like it but at least it is just this month!

Still trying to wake up.....have a great day all!

kuddles

Boy, you are sure busy carol, I think sewing, dare i say it, is your real love??? at least crochet is a close tie with first place, right!!

Good Morning!

My computer seems to be having some issues this morning, I was in the middle of typing my message and the browser decided to close itself :irk

Anyway, not much going on here. I'm still working on vacation outfits for the grandkids, I'm on the last one now and then just need to make a couple of quick swimsuit coverups. Our vacation plans have changed a little. We are going a week earlier than originally planned because our friends from Maryland will be in Orlando that week for a church conference. So we have added a day at Disney's Magic Kingdom with them to our itinerary. Originally we were just doing Disney's Typhoon Lagoon water park. So now we have 2 days of fun planned. Short vacation but still lots of fun.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Oh god to hear from you jillipop,and hope all will be settling down for you in a little while!  Howieann is our new queen, her preferences are on the first post when you get a chance, all i remember, is they were8 inch squares,and bright colors, but check to be sure.....Hope you get home soon,I feel as though you have missed all your reign!    :( Enjoy your puffys!!

Hi Everyone!!

Just a quick pop in...we're *still* on the road.  We have literally been home 3 days (more like 2 1/2) since June 13th...and it looks like we won't be home until next Monday.  The people who have picked up my mail said that I have puffies waiting for me, and I'm soooo excited!!  I wish I could have been home to thank people as they have came in, so for now, thank you Squares for making me queen for June.  Who got queen for July?  I haven't read through the pages yet to find out, and I won't have time until I return home.  :(  Just know, I'll work double duty for the July queen, and for the people I contacted before my trip, I will be mailing those puffies out when I return.  Life just got in the way and I ran out of time with trip prepping and such.  Gotta scoot...I'll be back!!

jilliepop, glad you checked in, was starting to worry something might have happened.

lacey, love your afghan, color and the stitch, it just looks so pretty.

viking, the fresh berries sound scrumptious 

I am tired from our weekend.  I spent Sat shopping with my sister and niece at a mall in KS called The Legends.  They have lots of outlet stores, main stores, theater, eating places, a race track, soccer stadium, Cabela's (sporting goods store), and water park in that area so it can be a busy place.

We spent Sun in St. Jo with bonsai friends.  We left by 7 am each day and didn't back until 10 pm and spent 4 hours driving each day.  

We are home and everything went well.

He is resting and I need to get something to eat.

Glad you are back home, and that it went well.  Time for you to relax a bit.

Good morning!

owlvamp - glad it went well! Woot!

Well my mother fell again yesterday. Sigh......she has a slight fracture of her collar bone. Arm in a sling. She lives alone so I worry. At least I convinced her to get Life Alert. Please say a prayer that she heals quickly! Thanks!

Storms in the area but then temps more reasonable for the rest of the week.

Take care!

kuddles

Good morning!

owlvamp - glad it went well! Woot!

Well my mother fell again yesterday. Sigh......she has a slight fracture of her collar bone. Arm in a sling. She lives alone so I worry. At least I convinced her to get Life Alert. Please say a prayer that she heals quickly! Thanks!

Storms in the area but then temps more reasonable for the rest of the week.

Take care!

kuddles

Sorry about your mom, wishing her a speedy recovery.  I am glad she agreed to the Life Alert.  

We had the storms here last night.

Good morning!

I was up way to early . Took hubby to eye doctors appointment this morning before 8. Then off to the store for something for breakfast. Then daughter brought little man and I cooked breakfast. Cleaned up the table had girls start on the dishes. Got some cards to ready to mail and now need to head to the pharmacy. Cleaned up the yard and now ready to head out to do my errands. So much to do and so little time. My life story.

Hello!

Kuddles, I hope your mom heals quickly.

pennyi, I sent you a PM for your address, I have some squares ready for you.

Howieann, I mailed a puffy for you today.

Owlvamp, you're making me tired with all you do. I hope your husband recovers quickly from the surgery.

Katie, I enjoy sewing and crocheting about the same but I seem to go in spells where I do one more than the other. But I have also been crocheting and will have some pics of that soon too. But I did spend my afternoon in the sewing room after a trip to walmart and the post office.

I think I might take a ride to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to look for some yarn for a project I want to start. Not much else going on.

Hi everyone ! not much to update at the moment. Other than while making fried pickles to go with dinner, I also ended up making a fried finger. Darn hot oil all over the top of my pinky. So Im out of commission for a few days.

:hug prayers and positive thoughts to all who need it

oh, poor mama kuddles, hope she recovers quickly!!!

Cshort, always happy to see your pics, sewing OR crochet, lol

Bgs, gotta tell ya, what a beautiful and thoughtful thing you did for mary Jo, the tote maker lady..... It's gorgeous, and before I even got one line into the post, I KNEW it was you that made it and sent it to her!!!!!!!!! everyone check out that post, it's called I am now a member!!!!!!

Andyou are quite welcome penny,  do enjoy the squares!!! thanks for letting me know you got them!! That means Howeieann should have hers today too!!!!!! woo hoo!!

oh, poor mama kuddles, hope she recovers quickly!!!

Cshort, always happy to see your pics, sewing OR crochet, lol

Bgs, gotta tell ya, what a beautiful and thoughtful thing you did for mary Jo, the tote maker lady..... It's gorgeous, and before I even got one line into the post, I KNEW it was you that made it and sent it to her!!!!!!!!! everyone check out that post, it's called I am now a member!!!!!!

Andyou are quite welcome penny,  do enjoy the squares!!! thanks for letting me know you got them!! That means Howeieann should have hers today too!!!!!! woo hoo!!

It took months to figure it all out and make it.  I have always appreciated the bag she sent me but now its so much more precious because I know the work that she puts into them.  There were times I didn't think I was going to get the pocket close enough.  I was counting the stitches from mine so my eyes at times seemed crossed and out of focus and oh the tangles from loose ends and bobbins.  It is just incredible to me that she has given 100 away, totally incredible.  

Lacey sorry about the finger hope it gets better soon.

Archived