Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the compliments on the outfits.

I think it was bgs who asked about the wallet patterns.

This is the one I made for my granddaughter the pattern is The Sew Easy Wallet from Sewphisti-Cat, a friend gave me the pattern.

The outsidepost-4459-0-44105100-1405264061_thumb.jpg

and the insidepost-4459-0-82692500-1405264228_thumb.jpg

And this is the one for my grandson the pattern is Boy’s wallet from noodle-head.com

The outsidepost-4459-0-72081700-1405263881_thumb.jpg

and the insidepost-4459-0-79165900-1405263749_thumb.jpg

Not much going on here, went to church this morning. Before church I laid out the front and back of a shirt I crocheted and they are not the same size, I didn't think the front looked right when I was working on but sometimes things look a little wonky until they're finished. So now I am frogging the front and will try it again.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Oh Carol, those are adorable for sure!!!

Hi, all! I'm slowly but surely spending time here. I wish I could catch up with this thread, but for those of us away for a bit, a chatty bunch is hard to keep up with! :lol I love this group. I will just have to jump in.

I read today that one of our dear members passed away in April. I don't know how I missed it. We were Facebook friends. A friend of hers posted on her wall. That's how I found out. Lisa is in heaven, free of pain and the burdens of this world. I pray that her loved ones are well.

Hi Angel, glad to see you posting, I didn't know LIsa, at least I don't think so, always a shame to lose one of our own though, RIP Lisa...

Okay weird! No posts since I posted yesterday morning?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

kuddles

Playing twilight zone music in my head Kuddles!!!! kuddles?????????? lol

I would love to join the group but I didn't know where to send my address. :)

Just shoot me a pm creativemrs, and i will get your addy, and your stats, and add you to the list, welcome aboard should you decide to join!!

the moderator of this thread is katyallen, if you pm her ,she will add you name to the list

Thank you Ms. Linda!

Ohhhhh got the ghan done this am, put the edge on, and weaved the ends,,,whew.....lol

So posted it here, and the incidentals on it as well, as someone asked me about some stuff, soooo kept track this time sort of, all est. are exactly that, lol estimates.....Go and check it out,Im happy with it, was a snap to edge, and really besides the monotony of row to row afghans,,,,,,,,was sort of ok to do, lol oh, and did i mention the millions of ends!!!!!!!

Ok, nice day today, tomorrow, be cooler, and much more comfortable, having some fried chicken fingers with biscuits and gravy, all home made tonight, it's like i warped into the south for a day, lol

All for now, you all have a great weekend, or what's left of it! :manyheart

general announcement....

Attn. if you don't find your name on the list and it should be, or your preferences are missing, or have changed, please pm me your new stats, it may be a while since you have checked in and got bumped from the active list, but no prob. if you want back on, please resend your info' to me . thank you!

another general announcement, one happy, one sad...

For those of you that remember Snowflake5165 (Lisa) word is  that she passed away in April, I hadn't heard from her in many months.She was last known staying at her church, and doing good work for God, very religious, taught many bible studies,and such as I understand. The only thing I can think to say,is that we will miss her, and apparently she was needed in heaven, to continue her good work with our creator.....Many condonlences to her family and friends, and may she rest in peace, and count snowflakes from above..........

now the happy,

new member alert!!

Her name is a.creatve.mrs,  or KAy,,,, so welcome Kay, glad to have you aboard!! She would love to collect some squares from all of our talented squares here, and would love 3, 6, or 12inch in any color!!! Again every one, please welcome Kay to the thread, lets get to work!! :manyheart

Just got home not to long ago. Took everyone swimming. Bought them some ice-cream sandwiches and grapes. The grapes I put in the freezer to get frown. The kids love them on a hot day.

Love the wallets and the blanket.

I love how you made it ..

Hello Squares!!

Remember me?  I tried a couple of times to catch up on all the posts and it's impossible.  So, I will start anew, on this date.

Not too much new to report.  My daughter is still not talking to me, therefore I have not seen the grand-baby in about a year.  In a round-about way, I heard she is pregnant with another girl and due in August.  

I am still cancer free....yay!!  However, I meet next week with another surgeon as my hernia has gotten larger and needs to be taken care of.  This surgeon does them laparoscopically.  Hopefully I will qualify as I didn't have much luck with being opened up last time.

I must offer a long over due apology and thank you to GrannyAnnie who sent me some beautiful purple squares in my absence from the group.  They are beautiful and will work perfectly with my collection.  I am so sorry that I have not thanked you sooner.

I hope to get caught up with everyone and I will try to stay current with all of you.

So happy to be back.

Laurie

Honex!!!!!!! We have missed you.  Glad u r back

Kay  :ghug  :hug   Welcome to our little square of the world. Hope u love it here as much as I do

Katie  Love Love Love the Blankey and saved the pattern.

Cshort gorgeous wallets.

Well already I am well into my treble crochet rows so the ripple will have to wait but thanks to everyone for all ur advice I am willing to try it again its always been one of my favorite looks. The husband says his Afghan will be better than mine BC I let it slip that I envied his color choices lol. Not too much going on otherwise.

Well already I am well into my treble crochet rows so the ripple will have to wait but thanks to everyone for all ur advice I am willing to try it again its always been one of my favorite looks. The husband says his Afghan will be better than mine BC I let it slip that I envied his color choices lol. Not too much going on otherwise.

Good morning!

Well, after only me posting the one day, you guys sure got revved up! Whew!

cshort - those wallets are the bomb! Katie, the aghan, woot!

Saying a prayer for snowflakes family...

And has anyone heard from grannie annie at all? I worry about her when we don't hear from her!

Gorgeous day here yesterday, but hot. This week, after some more rain, is to be spectacular! In the 70s which is my kind of heaven!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Ohhhhh got the ghan done this am, put the edge on, and weaved the ends,,,whew.....lol

So posted it here, and the incidentals on it as well, as someone asked me about some stuff, soooo kept track this time sort of, all est. are exactly that, lol estimates.....Go and check it out,Im happy with it, was a snap to edge, and really besides the monotony of row to row afghans,,,,,,,,was sort of ok to do, lol oh, and did i mention the millions of ends!!!!!!!

Ok, nice day today, tomorrow, be cooler, and much more comfortable, having some fried chicken fingers with biscuits and gravy, all home made tonight, it's like i warped into the south for a day, lol

All for now, you all have a great weekend, or what's left of it! :manyheart

The blanket looks great.

Thank you. I am very excited to be here and ship some squares to happy homes as well :)

Also praying for Miss Lisa's family, losing a loved member of the community is never without grief.

Welcome to the group!

Just got home not to long ago. Took everyone swimming. Bought them some ice-cream sandwiches and grapes. The grapes I put in the freezer to get frown. The kids love them on a hot day.

Love the wallets and the blanket.

I love how you made it ..

Sounds like you had a fun day.

Hello Squares!!

Remember me?  I tried a couple of times to catch up on all the posts and it's impossible.  So, I will start anew, on this date.

Not too much new to report.  My daughter is still not talking to me, therefore I have not seen the grand-baby in about a year.  In a round-about way, I heard she is pregnant with another girl and due in August.  

I am still cancer free....yay!!  However, I meet next week with another surgeon as my hernia has gotten larger and needs to be taken care of.  This surgeon does them laparoscopically.  Hopefully I will qualify as I didn't have much luck with being opened up last time.

I must offer a long over due apology and thank you to GrannyAnnie who sent me some beautiful purple squares in my absence from the group.  They are beautiful and will work perfectly with my collection.  I am so sorry that I have not thanked you sooner.

I hope to get caught up with everyone and I will try to stay current with all of you.

So happy to be back.

Laurie

Glad to see you posting again.

Honex!!!!!!! We have missed you.  Glad u r back

Kay  :ghug  :hug   Welcome to our little square of the world. Hope u love it here as much as I do

Katie  Love Love Love the Blankey and saved the pattern.

Cshort gorgeous wallets.

Thanks, I hope the little ones like them. I did the surfer fabric for my grandson because when I text a picture of the shirt to his mommy, his response was "that's cool! I love it because it has surfers on it and I like surfers" he has seen a few surfers at the beach once and on cartoons, he does love the water too.

Welcome, Kay!

Carol, I love those little wallets! Too cute!

Also, I got a puffy from Carol with 2 squares in it. Thank you!

I'm glad the squares arrived safely. Thanks for the compliment too.

Can't wait to see your lastest project.

Good morning!

Well, after only me posting the one day, you guys sure got revved up! Whew!

cshort - those wallets are the bomb! Katie, the aghan, woot!

Saying a prayer for snowflakes family...

And has anyone heard from grannie annie at all? I worry about her when we don't hear from her!

Gorgeous day here yesterday, but hot. This week, after some more rain, is to be spectacular! In the 70s which is my kind of heaven!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Thanks for the compliment on the wallets.

I am picking a friend up from the airport in a little while but wanted to jump in and say hello first. Hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning all

prayers for Snowflake's family and friends

when I was checking the other day grannieannie was on last June 23rd,it was the beginning of a horrid flare-up

good to see you Honex,and the other day Angelroselite, and Immafreek

welcome to our new members,

I'm not getting here as much as I would like, the darn garden is kicking my butt,I must say the weeds grow a foot or more overnite it seems with all the rain we have been having

hi all, welcome back to honex, if you will send me your preferences again, I will be more than happy to add you to the list, or of course, if you prefer to just visit and not be on the list, that is cool too, just good to see you back, and good luck with your hernia!

Pineknot, i hear ya, not enough time in the day it seems,,,I don't get overwelmed though, i just do one thing at a time, and at the end of the day, most of what I had to do, is done, lol

Kuddles, I too worry about ann, I knew she was not feeling great last time she was on, so hopefully, things will clear up for her soon... 

ha, Reiann, decided on another ghan, I have done that too, then i will go bck later,and figure it all out!! It's never as hard as I thought it might be!!

Hi to all i might have read the post, but have forgotten already, hopefully everyone is doing good today, I was really shocked about Lisa, I didn't equate the name with the screen name and was totally shocked it was one of our group, sheesh.

I do have last known address, I think it was her church, if any of you want it, to send a condolences card or something, Im sure the pastor would make sure her family got it....

ok, that's all i got today, lol take care all, and i do really mean that!!!!!!     

So sorry to hear about Lisa, prayers going out for her friends and family.

honex and angel glad you made it back here.

cshort those wallets are awesome, thanks for the showing them to us.  They are so much cuter than I ever imagined.

welcome to the group kay

pineknott, the weeds have gotten ahead of me in many places here, I fear only roundup or frost is going to catch me up.

katy, liked your afghan, seems like a lot of work keeping track and figuring all the statistics.  

HA, didn't seem too hard, i just kept track of the yarn used, counted stitches in rows, and then rows, and hours as i knew I could do at least 5 rows an hour, so wasn't too bad to figure out, i think the ends were well, you know how ends are, lol, they resist the weaving in process, as they like to just hang out and be themselves, lol so that took a bit of work, but then that is with everything crocheted, right, lol      thanks for looking too!

and hello again, just took a pic, oops gotta get it off the camera now, and then I will be back to post it......ok, done, here it be, my yoyo wreath  is growing, lol.. I used up some small, little bits and made some yo yo's out of it over the past few weeks, Ill save them, for when I need something, and I will Im sure, lol     here is my yo yo collection! ...

post-40621-0-62728300-1405387471_thumb.jpg

oh,and here is a baby hat I made after reading recyclecindy's post about purple hats for prevention of shaken baby right here on the ville. Closest place to me, would be in Iowa, as Ne, doesn't seem to have a chapter....    good cause though, and I happen to have just that much lavendar on my work table i was wondering how to use it, so here it be, baby hat!

post-40621-0-29018400-1405387592_thumb.jpg

So sorry to hear about Lisa, prayers going out for her friends and family.

honex and angel glad you made it back here.

cshort those wallets are awesome, thanks for the showing them to us.  They are so much cuter than I ever imagined.

welcome to the group kay

pineknott, the weeds have gotten ahead of me in many places here, I fear only roundup or frost is going to catch me up.

katy, liked your afghan, seems like a lot of work keeping track and figuring all the statistics.  

well I had my work out,the ones I couldn't pull by hand,I took the shovel to,next area is morning glory vines,these are mega,not your wimpy  couple of tendril vines,I'll have to take the axe to them,oh my gosh,they traveled under ground and are coming up ALL over

Archived