Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried a ripple pattern twice now and can't get the hang of it. Maybe ill try again after work. If not ill do a boring treble stitch in a stripe pattern. :) my husband is really kinda of blah about it all but I'm being picky.

Good morning! Up early, didn't sleep well, so got on up (quietly!) to check in.

Thanks for the kind thoughts for my mom. Today she turns 82!

Gotta go check out what bgs did!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Tried a ripple pattern twice now and can't get the hang of it. Maybe ill try again after work. If not ill do a boring treble stitch in a stripe pattern. :) my husband is really kinda of blah about it all but I'm being picky.

It's been a long time since I did a ripple but seems like the pattern I used was pretty basic. It was dc and every so many stitches you either put multiple stitches in a  stitch and so many stitches later you skipped stitch(es).  It looks really wonky the first 2 to 3 rows and you really have to count those stitches.   Don't give up on it until you have done a few rows or maybe do a smaller version with just enough peaks and valleys to see if they are coming out right.  Maybe look up another ripple pattern as it may be written out differently enough so that it makes more sense.

Hello!

I have finished the outfits for my grandkids for our mini vacation later this month. I posted the pics in "other crafts" here is the link.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/151816-vacation-time-outfits/

I have a couple of smaller sewing projects planned but for this evening I am crocheting a lapghan. Nothing else going on here.

As for ripples, the one thing to remember, is to make SURE you have the right number of stitches beginning and end..... no matter what else, ha ha, if you have to skip one, or something to make it work, do it...Usually a pattern calls for skipping one anyway in the beginning row, and eitherdoing two together at the end, or skipping one there as well, to come out right.... I have  an easy pattern somewhere, I found on line once, Ill look for it for you Reiann.

Hi :) My finger looks bad, but will be ok. I may have a scar or slight discoloration, but it seems to be ok other than the blistering. It doesnt hurt anymore, it just feels funny.

:hi kuddles

Lacy, your poor finger, hope it heals quickly.  I have heard that aloe and honey are good for burns.

Back has been bothering me all week but this morning it was all I could do to get dressed.  Guess I shouldn't have helped lift a couple of wheelbarrows of dirt yesterday.  It finally quit hurting so I was able to dig up some day lillies and hose off our little crop of potatoes that we dug last night.   They are from two small sections of our raised bed garden.

post-11309-0-31321300-1405016794_thumb.jpg

These are the pet mats I made for my niece. The red one was a c2c, top right was just dc, and the top left was 2 strands (buff and yarn like the one on the right) hdc.

post-11309-0-23068700-1405016974_thumb.jpg

wow,look at all those potatoes

We just got finished with a big storm here,this area is starting to see more tornados,2 yesterday 1 in Norfolk and 1 in Va Beach

one today west of us in a town called Capron,the thunder and lightning stayed over the house for quit a while,the one thing I hate more than snakes is lightning

WOW Those are certainly deishicious outfits, love them!!!! Love the Minnie and Mickey outfits the best!

Thank you Katie.

:hi kuddles

Lacy, your poor finger, hope it heals quickly.  I have heard that aloe and honey are good for burns.

Back has been bothering me all week but this morning it was all I could do to get dressed.  Guess I shouldn't have helped lift a couple of wheelbarrows of dirt yesterday.  It finally quit hurting so I was able to dig up some day lillies and hose off our little crop of potatoes that we dug last night.   They are from two small sections of our raised bed garden.

attachicon.gifDSCF0347.JPG

These are the pet mats I made for my niece. The red one was a c2c, top right was just dc, and the top left was 2 strands (buff and yarn like the one on the right) hdc.

attachicon.gifDSCF0346.JPG

Those are nice pet mats. Glad your back is feeling better.

wow,look at all those potatoes

We just got finished with a big storm here,this area is starting to see more tornados,2 yesterday 1 in Norfolk and 1 in Va Beach

one today west of us in a town called Capron,the thunder and lightning stayed over the house for quit a while,the one thing I hate more than snakes is lightning

Glad you were not in the tornado path and are safe.

I did some more sewing today, I made a wallet for each of the grandkids. My granddaughter told me that for her birthday present she wants a card with money so she can shop in Disney. So I made her a wallet and decided to do one for the little guy too so he can do some shopping too. I cut out a muslin(practice piece) for a sundress I want to make for my self for the trip, I haven't sewn anything for myself lately and fitting can be a bit of a challenge so I thought a practice dress with cheap fabric would be a good idea before I cut the nice fabric. I didn't get to Hobby Lobby but I am determined to go tomorrow, then I'm meeting a couple of friends for coffee in the afternoon. My daughter and son-in-law are coming to my house for dinner, my daughter is bringing crock pot chicken and rice soup. ok, I guess thats enough rambling for now, have a good evening.

ohpretty tatos!! so sorry your back was aching bgs, glad it's better!!

NIce mats too Brenda!

Reiann, i was relatively sure i posted a link to a you tube vid tutorial for the ripple afghan, but I don't see it now, sooo just go to you tube, and type in ripple, or wave, or zig zag crochet afghan, and you will find a vid to help you learn it!!

So sorry your finger is burned too lacey, hope it heals up quickly.... Was the buckle worth it, ha ha.....

Nothing new here to report, I haven't crochet for a day or two, but will get back on that ghan soon!! Take care all, have a nice evening!

Good morning!

mmmmm taters!

I was able to get a few sewing projects.....one for my friend Sue (turtlover). I took pics, once I download, I'll post here. I've not been crocheting at all....can not get back in that groove. Could be the weather.....too nice to sit with yarn. I better get back in the mood, I have 7 tubs full!

Hope you all have a great Friday! Weather here will be gorgeous again, then storms head in for the weekend....

Hugs!

kuddles

Yes ma'am the fried pickles were worth it :D

However when I went to the drs on Wed. ( been getting hot and feeling flushed, all day every day for the last 2 months or so. And Im usually a very cold popsicle-person LOL) They had no clue what it could be causing the hot feeling and almost constant headache and weight gain (18 pounds in the last 9 months). So they took a bunch of blood and said that they want to see me back in the office to go over the results when they come in, in about 1-2 weeks. They are checking everything, Thyroid, hormone levels, all that stuff, so everyone please keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for me. The hormone levels are what have me worried the most since Early Menopause runs in the family. 28-34 seems to be the average time frame.

Sorry for the massive run on sentence LOL

:hug

Good Morning! Thought I'd pop in quickly while having my coffee.

Love the outfits!,

Just look at those potatoes. Bet they taste yummy.. Sorry your back hurts.

Thank you.

Yes ma'am the fried pickles were worth it :D

However when I went to the drs on Wed. ( been getting hot and feeling flushed, all day every day for the last 2 months or so. And Im usually a very cold popsicle-person LOL) They had no clue what it could be causing the hot feeling and almost constant headache and weight gain (18 pounds in the last 9 months). So they took a bunch of blood and said that they want to see me back in the office to go over the results when they come in, in about 1-2 weeks. They are checking everything, Thyroid, hormone levels, all that stuff, so everyone please keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for me. The hormone levels are what have me worried the most since Early Menopause runs in the family. 28-34 seems to be the average time frame.

Sorry for the massive run on sentence LOL

:hug

Hope they figure out what the problem is and that it is something simple. :hug

Hi everybody,

I am finally back! Had trouble with my e mail.  I had two e mail accounts up until earlier this month when I asked my isp (internet service provider) to cancel the one I didn't use any more and they did.  Then is when the notices from Crochetville stopped coming. They were notices of subscribed topic updates.  I did pm Amy and Donna and I heard from Amy and the problem of the two e mail addresses is now solved. I am glad that I can post here again. For awhile, I was locked out while the e mail address was being verified and I couldn't get the link to validate the e mail address because it was going to the wrong account and when I pm'd Amy of this, she verified my e mail address manually. 

I have been working on my stashghan. I discovered a mistake and I have unraveled the squares and started over.  The stashghan looks much better as I am doing garter stitch this time. I have also decided to make this into a blanket for Rusty.  He likes it. He lies on one of it as I am knitting on the other end of it.

How is everybody?

Hey everyone. Been pretty busy on this end.  Been working on the crochet crowds mystery challenge, plus making a horse, goat, elephant, and cow for a friend. And last night just cause I wanted to work on something I didnt need a pattern for i started the stitch-cation from crochet crowd. 

Hope all is well with everyone. Prayers to those who need them, Imma and BGS

Hugs all around,   I have a ten hour shift today. So gonna try to get a little crochet in before i have to go. have a great day and be blessed everyone

dragn, I was thinking about you yesterday.  Wow you have a lot of projects going. I hope we get to see them when you are finished especially the critter ones.   I haven't done anything constructive crochet wise for a few days now.   

kuddles can't wait to see your projects and just seeing Sue's name  :manyheart   I can't  begin to tell you how much yarn I have.  I had a lot and then inherited a lot.  I should not buy any for the rest of my life but every once  in awhile some skeins just jump into my shopping cart.  

lacy hope the tests reveal nothing serious  :hug

rusty's mom, glad  to hear that Amy got back to you and the problem is solved.  

cshort, did you have a pattern for the grandkids wallets or did you just wing it.  That was cute (and smart) to request bd money to spend at Disney.  Hope the dress for yourself turns out like you want.  

My back is much better today.  I need to go outside and work on a few projects.  I can't believe how green we are outside for this time of year.  It's usually turned off hot and dry by now.  The taters were very good, even had a mater to go with them.

Hello, ladies!  :waving

Work is finally starting to calm down a little bit. We haven't been very busy since it's the middle of the month (apparently most people buy houses and refinance at the end of the month) and I'm starting to really get the hang of most of it, although I still need some help once in a while. My 30 day trial period is up on Wednesday! I'm not really nervous, just can't believe it's been 30 days already! When I started, it felt like I'd never get there! 

Speaking of time flying, I just realized that the state and county fairs are coming up very soon! County submissions need to be dropped off August 21st and state dropped off in September, but entered online in August. I usually enter the same things in both. Right now I have an afghan (finished), a baby afghan (finished), a flag (half done), and I haven't quite decided what else. I have a half finished cowboy baby set I could probably get done in time too. I didn't get to enter anything last year between my mom and the wedding so I am determined this year!! 

And I forget who brought them up, but oh my goodness, fried pickles!! Yum!!! 

Hope everyone had a good week and has an even better weekend!  :ghug

hello all, latefor me to be on the computer, but just showered, and now, got some energy to check in with the Squares!!

Hi dragnolady, and yarn monkey, welcome back to all that have been otherwise occupied, lol.. Love to see your pics kuddles, when you post them...

hi to carol, and pineknot, and owlvamp, and Rusty's mom, and viking, so  glad to see your back as well..fingers crossed for you lacey!

Nothing much going on here lately, nothing new anyway . the weather is still in a holding pattern,but might get some rain this weekend. Im not complaining, just sayin, lol

worked on the afghan for a bit, it''s turning out kinda cool, and will def. be for a man, lol, the colors are more subdued, and manly, I think anyway..

Im probably 2/3 done with it, in size anyway, then will edge it somehow in some color used in the ghan.

well, everyone enjoy  your upcoming weekend!!!!!       see ya tomorrow!

Hi, all! I'm slowly but surely spending time here. I wish I could catch up with this thread, but for those of us away for a bit, a chatty bunch is hard to keep up with! :lol I love this group. I will just have to jump in.

I read today that one of our dear members passed away in April. I don't know how I missed it. We were Facebook friends. A friend of hers posted on her wall. That's how I found out. Lisa is in heaven, free of pain and the burdens of this world. I pray that her loved ones are well.

Good morning!

Immafreak - good luck on those tests! So frustrating when you don't know what is up!

I was off yesterday so kiddles and I had a 'day'. Mostly at home. But we did go to Panera for lunch, we both love it!

I woke up to loud thunder and heavy rain. Supposed to do this on and off both days......so we'll see if we end up at the Friendship Festival down the road at all. Kiddles is okay if not....carnival rides and junk food but she's not that into the rides luckily for me!

I'll try to download the pics and post on here later!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Archived