Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi !!!! Well I finally got that baby blanket finished :):woo I am so happy that it did not turn out all wonky. It is 41" wide by 49" long and it took ForEVER :D I used RHSS in Light Sage, Off White/Cream , and Pink Camo.

Other than that Ive been busy since the kids are on summer break : making food, cleaning house, doing laundry, breaking up fights, etc :D But I love the little hooligans.

My bouquet came in the  mail today. Its so pretty !

:hug to you all

Gorgeous!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning to all! I'm up......had to get a moth out this morning and that guy was about 3 inches or more long! There is a bit of an opening between the sliding glass door and the screen door. Second one in two weeks so got to get that thin felt and put in there or I'll be overrun! Luckily this guy was kind enough to fly out. Too big to kill!

So glad it is Friday! Kiddles is better but tired and I'm just good old tired!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Hi !!!! Well I finally got that baby blanket finished :):woo I am so happy that it did not turn out all wonky. It is 41" wide by 49" long and it took ForEVER :D I used RHSS in Light Sage, Off White/Cream , and Pink Camo.

Other than that Ive been busy since the kids are on summer break : making food, cleaning house, doing laundry, breaking up fights, etc :D But I love the little hooligans.

My bouquet came in the  mail today. Its so pretty !

:hug to you all

That is very pretty.

Not much going on here. I'm going to DD2 for dinner tonight since they are on a diet and she needs to cook their meals, she is trying a new recipe tonight that she hopes is yummy, I asked if I should eat a sandwich first but she assured me that she has lots of fruits and veggies if the meatloaf isn't good :lol . I might also make a stop at Joann's for a couple of things. I'm still working on my smocking project hopefully it will be done today or tomorrow and I can start the dress that it goes in. Guess thats it for now, have a great day.

Good morning! Hope everyone is having a Good Friday so far.

Me well let's say I couldn't sleep so decided to make cupcakes and brownies for daughter camp today. So off to Walmart this morning I went and came home and baked away. I made a huge cupcake cake with hot fudge in the middle. It's for a person I don't like . But that life. It's the boyfriends mother and I'll be there tonight and her birthday is tomorrow but they weren't going to make her a cake. I can be cold hearted but the boys wanted me to make a cake so I did. I need to show them I can be the better the person even though inside it kills me.

oh yeah... anyone heard from Owlvamp lately? Sent out a puffy to her last week. Not heard from her so Hoping it made it to her.

There was no note inside and I didn't know who it was from. Sorry been busy with doctors and hospital. Hubby had to go to doctors then hospital to get ready for his eye surgery on July 7 th. Then Wednesday took daughter doctors and then over to the hospital for ex rays then back to doctors. She tripped in a hole in the back yard and heard something pop. It's not broken just a lot of pain. So I'm sorry meant to let someone know I received the blocks.

I love them so thank you! Sorry I didn't post sooner.

Hi all, I have just added a new member to the first post, please check her preferences,and happy Hookin' as i see hooks flying to spoil this new member, in my crystal ball of course, lol

Hi Sandra, glad to see you back posting, and you are keeping busy, I see, and good on you, for being the better person!!!!!

OH, yes, wedding, i remember that now, the bouquet is gorgeous!!! love the colors...

chsort, busy as always, sewing and hooking, lol

Pineknot, everything ok in your part of the world? Hi Kuddles, glad kiddles is feeling a bit better, and you too...

Raining here, most of the day they say, picked up another couple inches yesterday,and more than that by the days end here, Im sure, so flooding warnings surround us.....Im sure glad I don't live near the river , but flash flooding can happen anywhere, where the streets get so full of water, it has no place to go, so surges into residential areas then as well..

Im on a rather big hill, so hopefully it will not affect us here in Millard...(omaha suburb annexed years ago,against the residents wishes, as I rememer,lol  for all the good it did!)

everyone take care, Im off now, don't know what to do, but will find something to occupy myself, oh, Joannes, had dover color books on sale,where as before, i had to get them online, but  they are mostly for artists,and colorists, not your children's type of color books, and so I got a couple, got markers, and colored pencils stasted as well, so maybe Ill do some of that later. got a birds one, and a flower one, so detailed,gosh. lol, well,all have a great day, talk to you later today!!

ImmaFreek,that's a pretty afghan and I really like the border on it.,  Your  bouquet is beautiful with all those ribbon roses and jewels.  

cshort, hope you enjoy dinner and I can't wait to see the dress with the smocking.  Are you dong the smocking by hand or by machine?

dragn, hope you had a nice breakfast date :manyheart

Kuddles, invasion of the giant moths, sounds like a late night thriller, just don't want you and Kiddles starring in it.  I saw on the news about the town in IL that has a snake problem,  :no  :no

owlvamp,the cake sounds yummy, at least it gives you a chance to see the boys and I bet they will enjoy the cake 

I had a wonderful morning. We went down to the lake and sat by the water and just talked and got to know one another. It is kinda strange being that way with another guy after 9 years of the same person. But it was great.  :c9

aw, that is nice, you both had a good time!! and no, no hyperlinked words for me!

Did everyone get a chance to welcome our newest member... Penny check first post for her preferneces!! Who let the Hooks Out!!!!!!! woot woot!!!!!!!

We had an alright time and the cake was a hit.

Boys came home with me and they were so excited.

Sense been home been cleaning up and getting everything straight. Just finished up the dishes. Looks so much better.

Here's a picture on the turtle she'll and mask I made.

post-48736-0-15009200-1403925436_thumb.jpg

Good Morning!

I had a very enjoyable dinner with my daughter and son-in-law, the meatloaf was delicious and so were the fresh steamed green beans.

I am determined to finish my smocking project today, bgs it's hand smocked which I really enjoy but for some reason this one seems to be taking longer than usual, it's 3 little hula dancers. I went to Joann's yesterday to get a few things with the most important being the piping for the dress, of course they didn't have enough so I had to stop at another Joann's on the way to my daughter's home.

drangnlady, glad you had a nice time. I'm not having pop ups or hyper links.

owlvamp, the turtle shell and mask look great.

Hi Penny and welcome to the group.

Have a great day everyone!

Just popping in to thank you all for your prayers for my husband and family this week. He had surgery Monday morning and it went well. It has been a rough week for us, but he is doing much better and will get to come home today. We're so happy and thankful - I just can't contain my excitement!

Have a great Saturday, everyone! :D

Good morning!

srsheridan - woot! So happy!

cshort - wanna see a picture of the smocking when you are done!

owlvamp - cute mask!!

dragnlady - keep us posted on the new 'friend'!

bgs - WHAT! Snakes! Well no more moths yet.....forced to turn the air on so all shut up. Whew!

And to everyone else, including our oh so wonderful team leader Katie - have a great day!

I'll post a picture later of the Betty Boop purse I made for myself!

kuddles

post-71930-0-38638800-1403958861_thumb.jpeg

I love that I can cover up as I continue to add to my Afghan. Reworked all the frogged yarn and am on the second row of orange. Hope everyone has a great day! Made my first lasagna that was pretty good. College is going fine with two new courses. Mom is on pain pills now, she fought it for as long as she could (she doesn't like the way they make her feel). Hasn't gotten to Hershey yet, but soon.  Gonna crochet awhile b4 bed. I got my squares from a friend in the UK!!  :ty  :yay

Hi all, I have just added a new member to the first post, please check her preferences,and happy Hookin' as i see hooks flying to spoil this new member, in my crystal ball of course, lol

Hi Sandra, glad to see you back posting, and you are keeping busy, I see, and good on you, for being the better person!!!!!

OH, yes, wedding, i remember that now, the bouquet is gorgeous!!! love the colors...

chsort, busy as always, sewing and hooking, lol

Pineknot, everything ok in your part of the world? Hi Kuddles, glad kiddles is feeling a bit better, and you too...

Raining here, most of the day they say, picked up another couple inches yesterday,and more than that by the days end here, Im sure, so flooding warnings surround us.....Im sure glad I don't live near the river , but flash flooding can happen anywhere, where the streets get so full of water, it has no place to go, so surges into residential areas then as well..

Im on a rather big hill, so hopefully it will not affect us here in Millard...(omaha suburb annexed years ago,against the residents wishes, as I rememer,lol  for all the good it did!)

everyone take care, Im off now, don't know what to do, but will find something to occupy myself, oh, Joannes, had dover color books on sale,where as before, i had to get them online, but  they are mostly for artists,and colorists, not your children's type of color books, and so I got a couple, got markers, and colored pencils stasted as well, so maybe Ill do some of that later. got a birds one, and a flower one, so detailed,gosh. lol, well,all have a great day, talk to you later today!!

thanks for asking Katy

mil seems to be adjusting better to her new surroundings,hubby has gone up there everyday and taken her for a walk

so maybe that will curb her tendency to just walk off,so far so good.also he got her a phone,for incoming calls,so now the daughters from Germany and NY can call,also her two sisters in Canada

my six month check up was good,well except fot the spike in sugar,darn those chocolates for betraying me

Just popping in to thank you all for your prayers for my husband and family this week. He had surgery Monday morning and it went well. It has been a rough week for us, but he is doing much better and will get to come home today. We're so happy and thankful - I just can't contain my excitement!

Have a great Saturday, everyone! :D

Oh that is good news!!

Good morning!

srsheridan - woot! So happy!

cshort - wanna see a picture of the smocking when you are done!

owlvamp - cute mask!!

dragnlady - keep us posted on the new 'friend'!

bgs - WHAT! Snakes! Well no more moths yet.....forced to turn the air on so all shut up. Whew!

And to everyone else, including our oh so wonderful team leader Katie - have a great day!

I'll post a picture later of the Betty Boop purse I made for myself!

kuddles

oh that sounds darling,apparently your embroider machine got fixed, huh!!

Good Morning everyone

And 

Welcome Penny Glad to have you.  :yay

hi y a!

Hi to all others, and what a tiring Saterday it is huh, usually my day to run around and gather things i don't need, won't use, and can't do without, but I didnt go out today, stuffiness and cold, like everyone has had, so this too shall pass!

oh darn it, forgot to take those pics off my camera, I will do that later tonight, for posting tomorrow, it's pics of my c2c squares, and since, have been working on a baby corner to corner ghan too, I don't know why I shied away from trying this for so long,as it is fairly easy, once you get the hang of it, Im on my last corner now, for about a 36 i nch square baby ghan in bright colors, Ill be sure to pic it for you, when completed. Gonna have to go find a border now for it, lol,.....

So, nothing new,nothing to report, more storms expected of course tomorrow, don't know the tor con on tomorrow yet, (Tornado Condition  rating) so will wait and see, they say it may be quite dangerous for bad storms.....this is becomming a habit Mother Nature, now, listen up, you need to head to california, and texas, where they would delight in some of the many inches of water you have lavishly dumped on us,o k.....head east,head south!! I think her compass is broken!!!

Good morning all! Tired from yesterday, we did a lot of running around and managed to get in three walks! And it's warm out there.......I am obviously not too smart!

Katie, the purse had no embroidery on it.....this was strictly Betty Boop fabric that I loved and just had to make a bag out of! Red and black together makes the most striking combo, don't you think?

Off to drink up more coffee so I can wake up fully! Got up at 5...on my day off!

kuddles

post-17419-0-46610800-1404039871_thumb.jpg

Archived