Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

OMG BAVARIAN DREAM COFFEE CAKE WHAT IS THAT OMG. It sounds delicious.  :cake 

Thanks for posting the video link to the chainless foundation a while back, Katie; I got to watch it today and I"m trying it out. I'm trying to see if I can do a ripple pattern with it... because of course I can't be bothered to wait until I'm starting a project that's just a straight edge, noooo. :D

Didn't get any of my quilting done today... >_< Spent all morning outside doing exercise stuff - Little Viking did a kid's run this morning put on by the local running club; they have a 1/8 mile run for 3-4 year olds. He was definitely unsure during the run (I was running ahead to take pictures and at one point I looked back and saw him in tears trying to catch up to me, even though Daddy was running with him) but he is very proud of his finisher's ribbon and I think had fun overall.

Then in the afternoon I napped, and then we went to a picnic that used up the afternoon/evening. Maybe tomorrow? Or... Monday? :-/ The birthday is early July and I haven't even finished piecing the top yet!

Owl, I'm so sorry to hear about the lack of help from authority. I wish there was some way we could use your posts here as evidence, like "Look, this is how long this has been going on and this kid is being treated like this!" The story about making him clean the yard as punishment for something that wasn't his fault was seriously chilling... it maybe isn't that bad by itself, but I can too easily see it escalating. We don't mean to put any pressure on you, I'm sure (because feeling responsible for someone can be very pressuring, I know!), but it is such a good thing that he has you in his life! He needs somebody on his side. That poor boy. :(

And on that fun note, I'm going back to yarning. And taking a break on HabitRPG; too many things didn't get done today and it's really just time for a break! I'll check back in there tomorrow....

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning all!

Katie, those cookies sound good! How were they?

I did a bit of crochet last nite, and did while we were gone. My friend Sue (turtlover for those that remember her) wanted me to test a simple tote, so that's what I've been working on.

Katie, your storms are heading this way! We are to get possibly severe weather by later this afternoon!

I have been without a printer for about a month or so.....I need to go to Best Buy today and 'splurge' on a cheap one.

That's it for now except to say....have a great day all!

kuddles

Katyallen the gumdrop line is from red heart. I found it on amazon. I did 5 & 3/4 rows of Apple on my ghan last night/this morning after getting home from an awesome but lengthy (10 hours!!) show and getting the rest of my college work done. I want to finish the rest of the Apple before bed (I'd say only enough for the last 1/4 of the row I'm on now and maybe a 1/4th of a new one) but don't wanna be too tired for work. I'm comin down w a cold but I always do the first few days of having to use the air conditioner, every summer. Hmm, maybe just a 1/2 hour more of crochet b4 bed.... :D have a great day all!

Hello Everyone!

My grandkids will be here later today :yay  and will be staying with me until Friday. Went to church this morning and now I'm just hanging out and doing some stitching while I wait.

Katie, the cookies sound yummy. I bought ingredients to bake chocolate chip cookies with the grandkids this week.

Vikingrunnergirl, sounds like you are staying busy.

Reiann, hope you feel better, it took about a week before I felt better from my cold and my head is still a little stuffy.

Have a good day everyone.

ha, it was in the bakery at a local grocery, and I couldn't pass it up, it is, well, was delish, lol Yep that chainless foundation is easy, once you get the hang of it!! Congrats on little guys ribbon, glad you all had a day together, sounds like a good time was had by all! What exactly is Habit RPG, is it a game or something>?   I remember when some new game came out, and daughter had it, and she got appointed by the mayor in the game, one chore, to light the light house every day, well, it was played in real time, I guess, and she had to rise and shine every summer morning, (no  school) at 6 to light the dang thing.....She missed one day,

and you know what, that stupid mayor kicked her right outta town for missing one time, lolol, she called me and work and told me, it was so funny, but couldn't laugh, as it was a big deal to her, lol....Later on down the road and the game, she bought that town, fired the mayor., and lived happily ever after or so I am told!!!!!!!!!

OMG BAVARIAN DREAM COFFEE CAKE WHAT IS THAT OMG. It sounds delicious.  :cake 

Thanks for posting the video link to the chainless foundation a while back, Katie; I got to watch it today and I"m trying it out. I'm trying to see if I can do a ripple pattern with it... because of course I can't be bothered to wait until I'm starting a project that's just a straight edge, noooo. :D

Didn't get any of my quilting done today... >_< Spent all morning outside doing exercise stuff - Little Viking did a kid's run this morning put on by the local running club; they have a 1/8 mile run for 3-4 year olds. He was definitely unsure during the run (I was running ahead to take pictures and at one point I looked back and saw him in tears trying to catch up to me, even though Daddy was running with him) but he is very proud of his finisher's ribbon and I think had fun overall.

Then in the afternoon I napped, and then we went to a picnic that used up the afternoon/evening. Maybe tomorrow? Or... Monday? :-/ The birthday is early July and I haven't even finished piecing the top yet!

Owl, I'm so sorry to hear about the lack of help from authority. I wish there was some way we could use your posts here as evidence, like "Look, this is how long this has been going on and this kid is being treated like this!" The story about making him clean the yard as punishment for something that wasn't his fault was seriously chilling... it maybe isn't that bad by itself, but I can too easily see it escalating. We don't mean to put any pressure on you, I'm sure (because feeling responsible for someone can be very pressuring, I know!), but it is such a good thing that he has you in his life! He needs somebody on his side. That poor boy. :(

And on that fun note, I'm going back to yarning. And taking a break on HabitRPG; too many things didn't get done today and it's really just time for a break! I'll check back in there tomorrow....

the cookies really were excellent, I loved the butterscotch chips in them, the chocolate chip ones aren't made yet, but will be sometime today to take over to a neighbors, minus one or two, he he he......

Good morning all!

Katie, those cookies sound good! How were they?

I did a bit of crochet last nite, and did while we were gone. My friend Sue (turtlover for those that remember her) wanted me to test a simple tote, so that's what I've been working on.

Katie, your storms are heading this way! We are to get possibly severe weather by later this afternoon!

I have been without a printer for about a month or so.....I need to go to Best Buy today and 'splurge' on a cheap one.

That's it for now except to say....have a great day all!

kuddles

ah yes, found it, it is beautiful, for sure!! Don't work and play to hard, lol this is supposed to be a weekend, right!!

Katyallen the gumdrop line is from red heart. I found it on amazon. I did 5 & 3/4 rows of Apple on my ghan last night/this morning after getting home from an awesome but lengthy (10 hours!!) show and getting the rest of my college work done. I want to finish the rest of the Apple before bed (I'd say only enough for the last 1/4 of the row I'm on now and maybe a 1/4th of a new one) but don't wanna be too tired for work. I'm comin down w a cold but I always do the first few days of having to use the air conditioner, every summer. Hmm, maybe just a 1/2 hour more of crochet b4 bed.... :D have a great day all!

Hello Everyone!

My grandkids will be here later today :yay  and will be staying with me until Friday. Went to church this morning and now I'm just hanging out and doing some stitching while I wait.

Katie, the cookies sound yummy. I bought ingredients to bake chocolate chip cookies with the grandkids this week.

Vikingrunnergirl, sounds like you are staying busy.

Reiann, hope you feel better, it took about a week before I felt better from my cold and my head is still a little stuffy.

Have a good day everyone.

oh fun time with the cookie making!! My daughter loved diddling around with sugar cut out cookies, decorating them and such, lol brings back a memory or two!!

Got everything I needed to get done, done, till the kids get here, handyman is making the chicken, and vacuumed for me too, along with boiling taters and eggs, for potatoe salad, so all I had to do, was mix it together, make the lemonade in a pitcher, and clean the bathroom, lol, I even managed to make my bed, which hasn't really been made well, since this muscle thing, lol

Other than that, got a load of laundry in, and will wait for that to put that in the dryer, and then, I think I will sit and ready myself for entertaining, lol... I of course mean, make up and hair. lol...... so, everyone have a great day, and will see you all later on!

Happy Sunday, all! It has been quite a while since I have popped my head in here to say hi. There is much going on - as always. I will certainly add the many I've been reading about to my prayer list.

I hope the last several months have been good over-all around here. I've missed "hanging out" with my crocheting friends. While school was going on, I had little to no time to crochet. I would have liked to make the time for it, but by the time I finished dinner in the evenings, I was ready to fall into bed and sleep until time to go another round with "the teenagers of today". I finished my first year of teaching - and learned a lot about teenagers, teaching, and myself. It's been a good year...

I am LOVING having the time to crochet again. I am currently working on an afghan that I started for my MIL over a year ago. I am almost half finished with it. I have given myself a July 15th deadline to have it done. We'll see how it goes.

We are planning to move back to good ol' Arkansas in August - just before school starts. I am so looking forward to living close to our family again. We have missed many get-togethers and birthdays... It will be nice to be a part of all that again. We are waiting until August to move because my DH has to have heart surgery next week. We found out about 6 weeks ago that he has the same condition his dad had, who passed away in February. We are waiting until he is released to travel by his doctor before we move. We would appreciate some of those prayers you guys are sending up, if you don't mind. The more prayers going up, the better. (We are big believers in the power of prayer!)

Anywho - I'll finish this long post. It feels good to be back. I've missed y'all!

~Christel

Hi ya Cristel! Nice to see you back again, but sorry to hear about hubby, but happy you are moving in august!! So happy wins!

Good to have you back, if you wanna participate again, in either sending or receiving, or both, lemme know ok, nice to see you again, you were missed! :hug

Hi Everyone!  Well, I tried using the multi quote option, but when I went to post it had saved nothing and instead posted the forum page inside the post box!  Huh?  So, my memory being as poor as it is, please forgive me.  I did see some wonderful squares I believe from ReiAnn, great job!!!  Katie posted a link to some beautiful baby blankets!  Wonderful what you can do with some little bitty scraps of yarn!  Lucky babies. I also hope that you are feeling better.  Now who was is that fell?  It was one of our newbies wasn't it?  I'm so sorry that I can't remember your name.  That bruise looks so painful!  Take care and do what you must.  Seems like a good time to stay off of it and get some crochet time in, lol.  Owlvamp, hugs and prayers for your situation hun.  I really hope things straighten out soon.  My youngest son just went thru a struggle.  He had to get emergency custody of his son and he now has full physical custody.  I am so happy and my grandson is very happy about it all too.  He turns 15 this month and well, he's in a much better place with his dad.  I'm praying now that all goes smoothly throughout.  I don't think she'll rock the boat. (his mother).  cshort, enjoy the time with your grandchildren!!!!  It is always a special time with them, isn't it!!!  I got to see all of mine yesterday.  It was wonderful!  Christel, it's so good to hear from you!  Good luck with your move this summer!  Prayers going up for your husband. Hmmm, someone else got a new job.  Darned if I can remember their name either, lol.  I am so sorry!  Congrats though!  LOL!

Oh, Katie was making cookies!  Those sound wonderful!  Mmmm, gotta love peanut butter cookies!  And let's see, Kuddles is back!  Woot!  Glad you had a nice time!  And you are making a Turtlelvr's tote!  Please say hi to Sue for me.  I look forward to seeing a new tote pattern from her!

Well, I think that's it from me.  Oh, one other thing.  I have a cousin visiting for a month.  Woot!  I will still try to pop in here whenever I can, but it might be even more sparse than usual.  Hugs, good intentions and prayers for all that want/need them. (((hugs)))

Whew! I got on here a while ago and finally got caught up! A week is a long time to be gone! I had a whole bunch of things quoted to respond to, but by the time I finished catching up and was ready to post, I knew I had to start getting ready for bed soon and wouldn't have time to respond to everyone! I really did read everything and I hope everyone is doing better after colds, injuries, fires, and everything else!! 

DH and I had a great trip and got back yesterday afternoon. Sister, Peanut and I went out yesterday afternoon to try to find me some more work tops but I had a heck of a time and only wound up with a couple from Target. Better than nothing! We had a birthday party for our friends' daughter today, she turned 2 and is beyond cute! First day at work tomorrow so I'm a nervous wreck trying to figure out what time to get up, what to wear and when to leave! Yikes!! 

Hope everyone had a great weekend and have a happy Monday!  :D

hi all, day is almost over for me anyway, Im tired, lol Had a good visit with daughter, son in law, has an impacted tooth, and didn't feel up to coming with her, we missed him, he's a gem, but understand completely, when you don't feel well,you don't feel like socializing We sent some food home for him even though daughter didn't think he would be hungry, appetite gone, fever present, but is on antibiotics, and tylenol since thursday, he should start to feel better soon. anyway, she called, and he loved the chicken and potatoe salad, and the piece of choc. cream pie and ate it all, so he feels a bit better tonight. sO IT MUST BE, feed a fever, lol right.

I now have a nondescript partial rash, on one cheek, don't know what brought it on, but putting some calamine lotion on it should help, it doesn't hurt, or itch, just looks like a rash is all....???? this too shall pass, lolm Didn't even know it was there, till I was going to put a little make up on, and decided,. uh, not today, Im going make up free and get something on this, so it doesn't spread, lol

Other than that, working still on some small balls of varigated, mixed with some solids, liking the look, sooooo we'll see, lol Im going to try to get enough squares made for a lap ghan I think, the colors are manly, browns, and tans, and greys and such, so figured a lap ghan for the vets home maybe....

Have to look up how big lap ghans should be, lol

ok, well over and out, have a peaceful evening all, see ya tomorrow!!!!

Good morning!

Kiddles goes to the new summer day camp today at the park district.....I'm sure she will be nervous when I drop her off but there will be kids she knows. She is very shy at first in new situations but she'll warm up. Dropping her at the before care there first.

Was nice seeing all the posts! Christel....so nice to hear from you! Grannie Annie - hope you are feeling good these days! To everyone else, howdy and hugs! Special shout out to Katie....thanks for keeping this group going!

kuddles

Good morning!

hope Father's Day went well for everyone.. hubby loved the fish stand we made him for his fish tank. we cleaned the grill and did a lot work in the house. by the time saturday was over i was so tired and sore. we even cleaned off the pad out back where i wan to make seats out of old pallets. hope it turns out well. still with heavy heart and just depressed.. trying to dig myself out of the hole ... just been really busying myself with work around the house to try to keep my mind off it. its not working and sleep is not working either... had a huge migraine last night and not eating grand...

Good Morning!  It's a migraine day so I'll keep this short.  Not much going on, I'm working on a scrap-ghan, I did finally finish the monkey blanket, woot, and will be starting an anna doll for my gd today for her birthday. Have a great day!

Whew! I got on here a while ago and finally got caught up! A week is a long time to be gone! I had a whole bunch of things quoted to respond to, but by the time I finished catching up and was ready to post, I knew I had to start getting ready for bed soon and wouldn't have time to respond to everyone! I really did read everything and I hope everyone is doing better after colds, injuries, fires, and everything else!! 

DH and I had a great trip and got back yesterday afternoon. Sister, Peanut and I went out yesterday afternoon to try to find me some more work tops but I had a heck of a time and only wound up with a couple from Target. Better than nothing! We had a birthday party for our friends' daughter today, she turned 2 and is beyond cute! First day at work tomorrow so I'm a nervous wreck trying to figure out what time to get up, what to wear and when to leave! Yikes!! 

Hope everyone had a great weekend and have a happy Monday!  :D

Best of luck in the new job!

hi all, day is almost over for me anyway, Im tired, lol Had a good visit with daughter, son in law, has an impacted tooth, and didn't feel up to coming with her, we missed him, he's a gem, but understand completely, when you don't feel well,you don't feel like socializing We sent some food home for him even though daughter didn't think he would be hungry, appetite gone, fever present, but is on antibiotics, and tylenol since thursday, he should start to feel better soon. anyway, she called, and he loved the chicken and potatoe salad, and the piece of choc. cream pie and ate it all, so he feels a bit better tonight. sO IT MUST BE, feed a fever, lol right.

I now have a nondescript partial rash, on one cheek, don't know what brought it on, but putting some calamine lotion on it should help, it doesn't hurt, or itch, just looks like a rash is all....???? this too shall pass, lolm Didn't even know it was there, till I was going to put a little make up on, and decided,. uh, not today, Im going make up free and get something on this, so it doesn't spread, lol

Other than that, working still on some small balls of varigated, mixed with some solids, liking the look, sooooo we'll see, lol Im going to try to get enough squares made for a lap ghan I think, the colors are manly, browns, and tans, and greys and such, so figured a lap ghan for the vets home maybe....

Have to look up how big lap ghans should be, lol

ok, well over and out, have a peaceful evening all, see ya tomorrow!!!!

Oh my a rash now, hope it goes away soon!  The squares sound interesting.  I may give some a try too since I have a ton of varigated scraps, lol.

Morning everyone. Hope all is well.  I am about to go get ready for work. Yeah!! Today is my first day on my own. no more training. Everyone have a great day

You'll do fine.  Have a great day!

Good morning!

Kiddles goes to the new summer day camp today at the park district.....I'm sure she will be nervous when I drop her off but there will be kids she knows. She is very shy at first in new situations but she'll warm up. Dropping her at the before care there first.

Was nice seeing all the posts! Christel....so nice to hear from you! Grannie Annie - hope you are feeling good these days! To everyone else, howdy and hugs! Special shout out to Katie....thanks for keeping this group going!

kuddles

Good luck to Kiddles.  I'm sure she'll have fun once she settles in with some friends.  I was always shy growing up and it was hard getting involved in new things, but I was always glad that I did afterwards.  

Good morning everyone

Ann, you sound so chipper this morning,good to see you as always

hope kiddles has a fantasic time,from one who was so painfully shy,I know new things take some getting used to.

To all other who may just have time to peek in (waving at you too)

enjoy your day

Just a quick hello while the grandkids are having some quiet time. We had a busy morning at the park, then a quick stop at Target before coming home and getting in the pool for a while. I think I need some quiet time too.

Hope everyone has a great day.

hi everyone, how we all doing today!!

Nice to hear from all of you already today, hope kiddles warms up to her new day care!!

Good luck on the job dragnlady!

Hi chsort, take a break, you've earned it, lol

Grannyannie, sorry about the darn migraine,hope it clears soon for you....

Do you do ice packs, cause I swear, that is the only thing that gets me through one, when on the seldom occasions i get them that is,,,,,Put it on the back of your neck, course wrapped in a towel so you don't get froze. Works on me wondefully...

Everyone else, that I may have missed, hello, and good day to you!!

Rained here a bit, more storms due later this evening, it always rains on the first game day of the college world series here, lol, which is a big deal. I have been to it in person, but find myself wishing it were on tv, sit in the comfort of my own soft chair, lol eat my own fresh nachos, he he he,

Tickets are quite expensive, and you never really know who is playing who. from day to day.

Gptta do a couple things, but Ill be back later, ya all have fun!!

Morning everyone. Hope all is well.  I am about to go get ready for work. Yeah!! Today is my first day on my own. no more training. Everyone have a great day

We had a busy weekend lots of errands, bonsai meeting,family dinner on Sat and then took dad out on Sun.  

dragn, that's so sad about the little boy, prayers going out for him and his family

viking, glad you are back

crsheridan, will keep your husband and your family in my prayers, i hope his surgery and your move go well

Kuddles I hope your embroidery machine can be easily fixed. I know you are just sick over it.   I hope you can show us Sue's tote when you get it finished.  Tell her hello from me and that she is missed.

Katy, your baby afghans are cute, hope your rash doesn't spread or last long.  I am holding my breath that I don't break out from poison ivy.  I may have gotten into some but I came right in and washed really well.  The cookies sound yummy.  Now I want cookies.

owlvamp  :hug

pineknott :waving

What a day!!  I am babysitting our neighbor's 5 1/2 month old son this week. My youngest is 11 years old. I think I had forgotten just how much work taking care of a baby is! I'm exhausted. Today is my DD's 16th birthday. We got her a cake and some of our neighbors are coming over to share it with us. She'll have a party with friends in July since they were all busy during the month of June.

cshort - I'm thinking a dip in a pool sounds WONDERFUL right now. Wish I had one. Ha! It sounds like a great day with your grandkids. I'm really looking forward to getting back to AR so my kids can spend more time with their grandparents. My mom is about as impatient as I have ever seen her. :)

I hope Kiddles had a great day today!

Ann, aren't visits from family so nice? My parents and my DH's mom are going to come into town on Saturday so they can be here for his surgery next week. While I wish their reason for coming was different, I am really looking forward to seeing them!

I got to crochet a little bit today. I got a "mile a minute" strip finished for the afghan I'm making for my MIL. I only have two more to make and then a border for them. I am getting closer to being finished with this afghan. I am really looking forward to seeing my sweet MIL's face when she finds out it's hers. I'm going to be working on it next week right under her nose, but she's not going to know that it's for her. I just love being sneaky! :D

Have a great evening, all! I'm off to enjoy some birthday cake!

~ Christel

Hi, all! Just checking in because already it's almost my bedtime again! Days seem to go so much faster when you spend it all at work! It went well, I'm just exhausted and brain tired, you know? I told my husband my brain is so tired it could implode- it won't explode because it doesn't have the energy for it! I'm learning so much and completely overwhelmed, but I'm catching on and I know I'll get the hang of it all soon! 

Katy, I'm sorry about the rash! I hope it clears up soon! 

Have a good night, everyone! I'll check in later this week!  :ghug

Good Morning

wishing everyone a pleasant day

those peeps where the storms were,hope you are safe

others who will be dealing with this heat wave,try to stay cool and hydrated

we will be in the high 90's with heat index over 100

Cindysweetthings,hope things are going smoothly for you these days

Good morning!

thanks for all your kind words about kiddles and the new summer camp.....she did just fine! She played it cool, like it was okay, not acting real excited, but I heard her softly singing at some point 'i love summer camp' so she did like it!

Looks like the storms missed me last nite, and will miss me today! Starting tomorrow though, supposed to rain every day thru Saturday! Yikes!

Just another work day here....have a great day all!

kuddles

Good morning!

i ned to find a way to cheer so today going into my craft room to fix it up some. i can barely walk into it right now and it over whelms me. i need a picker me up and i hope this works..

would love to see pictures of your mile a minute afghan. Been wanting to do one of those..

I am thankful for waking up this morning.. Thankful for my puppy's... :)

Archived