Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Beautiful day. I made a C2C dish towel. used my 50.00 Gift card to get gas and after i paid for it i looked at the balance and it says there is still 51.00 on the card so it was 100 dollars not fifty. Woot!!  Took my daughter to Dennys and the woman thought we were sisters not mom and daughter she asked if we wanted seperate checks lol.  Then up to Indy to visit her dad in IREF. had a good Visit. When it was time to go I had a gift waiting for me.....here are the pictures of what it was. while waiting to sign out the package the guard told me What a great laugh I have and how wonderfully infectious it is. So it was a great day today

9D609FC9-orig.jpg

2491130D-orig.jpg

E17204A5-orig.jpg

It smells wonderfully of Cedar. 

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone.

No plans for today, we'll probably just hang around the house, maybe go to the pool for a bit.

Have a great day!

I'm quilting today! Not going to get as much done as I should have - planned to paint kitchen cabinets and binge-sew today, but instead I napped and we went to Community Day at the park.... Well, I found all sorts of missing pieces and I think I'll be able to start binding by this weekend. When I'm not going to be here, because DH and I are going to Chincoteague for a vacation all by our little selves! My mom is coming to stay at our place with the pets and Little Viking. We are sooooo excited! But I really should endeavor to have the quilt top all pieced by Wednesday, I suppose. @_@

We traveled to Michigan for a family wedding yesterday. We actually drove up on Friday and spent the night. It was nice and the girls enjoyed their sleepover with my parents. Today is Alicia’s birthday, so we’ve been celebrating with her. Chuck E. Cheese to play, Dairy Queen for dinner and ice cream.  And in about an hour we’ll do birthday cake.

Reiann – hoping all goes well for your mother. We’ve been through the back surgery thing around here, so I know a bit of what you’re going through.

After chaining about 24 rows of Rly straight edged Afghan, I am now frogging what is messed up and redoing it. Its gonna be a lot of work but worth it to make my ghan look as good as I can for it being my first. Went thru a whole skein this morning after the show and b4 bed so the blueberry is looking pretty next to the lemon. Frogging will take about 1/2 my length! I'm a little excited to have it look better and different, tho, I know it will be worth it. Hope you feel better soon kateyallen!! I still have a runny/stuffed up nose but the cough iS almost gone yay! Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow!! Good luck and fast healing to those with surgies, ailments, and anything bad at all. <3

Good Morning,

Kuddles, hope you're feeling better soon.

Vikingrunnergirl, enjoy your vacation.

Howieann, hope the birthday celebrating was lots of fun.

Reiann, frogging is no fun but it happens to all of us.

I didn't sleep well last night and woke up with a stuffy head again, I think I see a nap in my future. DD was talking about taking the kids to a community water play area for a while today, so that should be fun.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning

ita a beautiful day in the neighborhood,low temps ,sunshine

a few weeks ago the little yellow and black birds came back to visit in our yard,I dunno maybe they are finches?

but anyway,years ago we couldn't figure out  why a lot of black eye susies  had half their petals eaten away

until we actually seen these birds curled around the stems just plucking off the petals,I went out this morning to the same sight,half eaten black eyed susies.

we also have what I call gifts from the birds,last year it was a butterfly bush,and a Lantana,both of which came back this year.

this years gift is a couple a strawberry plants,the birds didn't have to go far to pick these and deposit them here,there is a strawberry farm just up at the light at the end of our development

take care and have a wonderful day

Good morning all!

Sorry havent been on just been extremely busy. Took the grandboys swimming last night and supper at daughters.

They had fun. Today will hang out and have supper togther and tomorrow I believe they go back.

Hope everyone is feeling better and hope all have a wonderful day!

Hi All!!!!!  Sorry that I haven't been around.  I have been enjoying my cousin's visit, but I am also going thru a lupus flare, so that means lots of sleeping.  I feel so bad, my cousin shows up and I spent the first week in bed!  We have been able to sit and chat the past couple of days.  She is busy visiting other relatives too, so I don't feel so bad, at least she isn't sitting around here twiddling her thumbs, lol.  Our weather has been beautiful.  I even wore shorts to go to my medical appt today!  That does not happen very often, lol.  I did try to post on here a couple of times, but each time I did something happened to distract me just as I was about to post...hubby needed me or the post went to cyberspace,etc.  You are all on my mind and in my prayers.  Be well and take care everyone!  I'll be back soon!  Hugs to all!

well hello to all you squares out there!

No rain today, dry, but cloudy, oh well, can't have it all, right!! The rabbits sometimes eat my flowers Linda, lol, but the birds make thier deposits on my CAR , not in the garden, lol

Bgs, you here somewhere, lol, haven't seen you post. hope all is well.

Howie ann, yhello, glad to see you posting again!

Im getting ready to pm the new nominee for queen, it's getting close to the end folks, so check your email, or you pm box, maybe it is you this coming july!!       

Lawn finally got mowed, after all this rain, it was impossible to get a day dry enough to not choke the mower, lol...

Good to hear from Viking too, you and your little man stories, keep us going some days, lol

Kuddles, welcome back, and ann, good to hear from you as well, sandra, keeing busy with those grandkids, and Carol too I see!!

not much new in this neck of the woods Im afraid, im still a bit stuffed up, but nothing I can't handle, and I think my muscle injury is improving, slowely, lol

Pretty soon, Ill be able to jog and jump hurdles again, yay!!!!!  ;)

all for now, i gotta do that pm for queenie, jillipop, how are you doing on your reign, getting lots of squares????

I'm off today, but doing lots of cleaning and laundry. Wayne and I leave Thursday for a library conference and will be gone until next Tuesday night. The girls are looking forward to a sleepover with my parents. It will be the longest we've left the girls, so it will be a little strange but still a good thing.

No rain today, dry, but cloudy, oh well, can't have it all, right!! The rabbits sometimes eat my flowers Linda, lol, but the birds make thier deposits on my CAR , not in the garden, lol

Im getting ready to pm the new nominee for queen, it's getting close to the end folks, so check your email, or you pm box, maybe it is you this coming july!!       

Lawn finally got mowed, after all this rain, it was impossible to get a day dry enough to not choke the mower, lol...

Good to hear from Viking too, you and your little man stories, keep us going some days, lol

Kuddles, welcome back, and ann, good to hear from you as well, sandra, keeing busy with those grandkids, and Carol too I see!!

not much new in this neck of the woods Im afraid, im still a bit stuffed up, but nothing I can't handle, and I think my muscle injury is improving, slowely, lol

all for now, i gotta do that pm for queenie, jillipop, how are you doing on your reign, getting lots of squares????

katy,  I hadn't turned the computer on since Fri afternoon.  We went to the picnic (1 hour and 45 min drive one way) on Sat and it was hot.  The shelter house was a long walk from the parking area.  You could drive down to unload but had to go back to park.  Then the restrooms were farther away than the parking lot--100 yards uphill from the shelter house.  It was okay at first because there was a nice breeze but then it stopped.   I got too hot and didn't feel good the rest of the night.  Sun I went to the laundromat.  Then we went to the genealogy library in Independence.  On the way back we stopped at JoAnn's and then Red Robin for my birthday burger.  My new washer came today so we have been busy moving furniture, etc around.  I have a headache and am really tired and almost did not turn the computer on tonight.  

Hi everybody!

sorry I haven't been posting for the past few weeks. I have been very busy here knitting on my stashghan.  Last week I stopped knitting strips to correct a mistake I made back in November or December of last year. When this happened, I dismissed it.  This is what happened:  I had just started the stashghan last year.  I thought of my own pattern to make it.  This was very simple.  I had decided to knit strips of different colors so I started with one color and I knit some strips one day.  I didn't write the number of stitches that I chose to cast on, but this was no problem. I have a good memory and when I do this I remember the number of stitches to cast on. The next morning, I began again to knit some strips.  I had just picked up my needles and yarn when somebody knocked at the door.  The person at the door was the man who helps that lady who does the heavy housecleaning for me.  I had not expected him to come that day, but he did.  I heard his knock and asked who it was and he identified himself and I told him to come it and when he did, he was asking me something about what he was supposed to do that day. I was ignoring him so that I could go on and cast on the stitches, but he was continuing to talk and I was trying to cast on stitches and finally I realized that this was not going to happen as long as the man was talking to me because he had not realized what I was trying to do so I answered his question and then he asked me something else which I also answered and then he went into another room. Of course, by this time I had forgotten the number of stitches to cast on because he had been talking to me.  I finally decided on the number 60 to cast on because I thought that this was the number.  However this was not the correct number to cast on as I found out several days later.  I had knit enough strips to fill the other easy chair and I decided to put these somewhere so that I could continue. I put them in a 13 gallon garbage bag.  As I did this, I discovered that some of the strips were one length and quite a few were a longer length.  I decided to let this go and deal with it later.  Since then I have been knitting the longer strips because I don't remember the number of stitches I cast on to knit the shorter strips. I know that I could have counted the stitches on the short strips, but that didn't occur to me at the time.  I have been telling myself that I will alternate the strips (long, short, long) but that doesn't make me happy because I know that if that man had not been talking to me then I would have cast on the correct number of stitches and everything would be right.  Last week, I decided to do something about the mistake.  There were three ways that I could fix it.  They are: 1. unravel the long strips. 2.  unravel the short strips. 3. unravel the whole thing and start over.  I realized that the third choice would be the best for me because there are not enough short strips to alternate with the long ones.  I decided to do one of two things:  unravel the long strips and when I find a short strip count the stitches in that and then knit the unraveled yarn into short strips or unravel the whole thing and start over with the same colors and a completely new pattern.  I am presently (last week and yesterday) unraveling long strips of yarn.  Rusty doesn't understand why I am unraveling the knitted strips that he's seen me knit.

Hope everyone is doing well. Katy, am I still an active member. If not, please let me know as I still would like to remain here. 

Good morning. Kiddles and I are feeling 'better' this morning after both being home sick yesterday. She is still coughing but is better. I slept for the first time time in several days, so that should help!

Take care all!

kuddles

Good Morning!

Good morning all!

Sorry havent been on just been extremely busy. Took the grandboys swimming last night and supper at daughters.
They had fun. Today will hang out and have supper togther and tomorrow I believe they go back.

Hope everyone is feeling better and hope all have a wonderful day!

Glad you're enjoying some time with the boys.

Hi All!!!!!  Sorry that I haven't been around.  I have been enjoying my cousin's visit, but I am also going thru a lupus flare, so that means lots of sleeping.  I feel so bad, my cousin shows up and I spent the first week in bed!  We have been able to sit and chat the past couple of days.  She is busy visiting other relatives too, so I don't feel so bad, at least she isn't sitting around here twiddling her thumbs, lol.  Our weather has been beautiful.  I even wore shorts to go to my medical appt today!  That does not happen very often, lol.  I did try to post on here a couple of times, but each time I did something happened to distract me just as I was about to post...hubby needed me or the post went to cyberspace,etc.  You are all on my mind and in my prayers.  Be well and take care everyone!  I'll be back soon!  Hugs to all!

Good to hear from you. I hope you enjoy the rest of your visit with your cousin.

I'm off today, but doing lots of cleaning and laundry. Wayne and I leave Thursday for a library conference and will be gone until next Tuesday night. The girls are looking forward to a sleepover with my parents. It will be the longest we've left the girls, so it will be a little strange but still a good thing.

Enjoy the conference.

katy,  I hadn't turned the computer on since Fri afternoon.  We went to the picnic (1 hour and 45 min drive one way) on Sat and it was hot.  The shelter house was a long walk from the parking area.  You could drive down to unload but had to go back to park.  Then the restrooms were farther away than the parking lot--100 yards uphill from the shelter house.  It was okay at first because there was a nice breeze but then it stopped.   I got too hot and didn't feel good the rest of the night.  Sun I went to the laundromat.  Then we went to the genealogy library in Independence.  On the way back we stopped at JoAnn's and then Red Robin for my birthday burger.  My new washer came today so we have been busy moving furniture, etc around.  I have a headache and am really tired and almost did not turn the computer on tonight.  

You have been really busy, I'm tired just reading about it.

Good morning. Kiddles and I are feeling 'better' this morning after both being home sick yesterday. She is still coughing but is better. I slept for the first time time in several days, so that should help!

Take care all!

kuddles

So glad to hear you are both feeling better.

I think we are going to visit a yarn shop and a fabric shop today. We might even get to some thrift shops. not much else going on, just relaxing. Have a good day.

Good morning

ita a beautiful day in the neighborhood,low temps ,sunshine

a few weeks ago the little yellow and black birds came back to visit in our yard,I dunno maybe they are finches?

but anyway,years ago we couldn't figure out  why a lot of black eye susies  had half their petals eaten away

until we actually seen these birds curled around the stems just plucking off the petals,I went out this morning to the same sight,half eaten black eyed susies.

we also have what I call gifts from the birds,last year it was a butterfly bush,and a Lantana,both of which came back this year.

this years gift is a couple a strawberry plants,the birds didn't have to go far to pick these and deposit them here,there is a strawberry farm just up at the light at the end of our development

take care and have a wonderful day

Could be goldfinches, yeah. I didn't know they ate petals, too, though come we did see a finch (either house or purple) eating flower petals in our own back yard a few weeks ago. I'd never seen a bird eat flowers before - seeds, yes; I've seen finches on the rudbeckia type seedheads all the time munching away, but to munch the whole flower? That was a new one on me! So yeah, sounds like goldfinches to me. :)

We're still going on our vacation this weekend, but... I got a message from my mom yesterday that her Uncle Bill (who was also our Uncle Bill, even though he was really our great uncle) passed away yesterday morning. He'd been in a nursing home, and didn't have much memory left... so it's one of those cases where he's probably much more peaceful now, and you could say that the real Uncle Bill had already been gone for a while. But it still sucks.

Uncle Bill had a sub shop when we were kids, and every Friday the family would go there for dinner. So of course we loved going to Nana's on a Friday because it meant that we got to go to "Uncle Bill's store" where we could sit at the bar stools and order whatever we wanted (usually pizza for me, but sometimes I got a club sandwich) and make mazes on the countertops out of the sugar packets balanced against each other. I still love Wise Cheese Doodles because of getting them there with. Oh gosh. I haven't cried at all yet but suddenly thinking of Cheese Doodles I'm welling up.

Every time we visited my grandmother I'd tell DH all about Uncle Bill's store, though it's been closed for years now (well, actually it's open again, but it's somebody else and not the same at all). I'd finally tapered off when we had Little Viking, so now he's got to hear it all over again and again because now I have to tell the little guy about it each time we go up.

Ok, I have to leave for a root canal in about fifteen minutes and i need to go eat. See you later!

Good morning,good to see everyone posting

I'm glad you and Kiddles are feeling better

Viking,sorry for your loss,you have sweet memories tho

cshort, have a great day and hope you find some bargains

good to see you too,Rusty's mom---the long and short of panels,been there done that,most times when I try to do mile o minute afghan panels,found those weren't for me,lol

Archived