Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Well, poor kiddles had to have her nose done....again...third time. She is not a happy girl right now! But it needs to heal and it can't due to the dryness. We have done the saline spray as was suggested, but this kid just has allergies which causes issues...bottom line, cauterized yet again and then every day of her life she needs to put a special lotion up there. She is very angry at life right now and thinks the entire world except me is mean. I feel so bad for her. So young to deal with this 3 times already!!!

Oh and my mom fell yesterday, yes on mothers day. Flat on her face. She is feeling okay but stiff and sore and scraped.

Oh then today I spoke with the absolute rudest parent in the world who basically treated me like a dog cause 'why am I talking to you!' when she found out I was the secretary. Uh cause I make the appts...that's why.

Oh boy debbie downer here! I'll get going before I ruin the mood for anyone!

kuddles

Oh my gosh Kuddles, sounds like you need a big  :hug .  So sorry you had to deal with a rude parent on top of the day you were having with Kiddles, poor kid.  I've had my nose cauterized and it HURTS!  And your poor mom!  I'm glad she's ok, but yikes!  Here's some hugs for her too!  :hug   Heck more for you, Kiddles, all of you!!!  :hug  :hug  :hug

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katy that was a very nice summary of our group history.  I want to thank you for stepping in and keeping us going. 

I vote 1 per month and start the birthday thing in Jan. 

Owlvamp so sorry about your doggie's eye and your dil.  I am glad your grandsons have you to nurture them.

grannyannie, those are beautiful squares you received.

Kuddles, I hope Kiddles is feeling better, I am so sorry she feels the whole world is mean.

I spent all day Fri, Sat, and Sun at the local botanical garden setting up the display, representing the Bonsai Society, and then tearing down the display.  It was fun but exhausting.  I just feel awful today--so tired and kind of sick to my stomach.  I must feel better tomorrow as I have to get some packages ready to mail. 

poor kiddles

Rene' was a nose bleeder at the drop of a hat,the Navy docs said she'd grow out of it,she had her tonsils out in Japan '78 and supposedly her adenoids too,well come to find out when she was having the thyroid problems '07,the ENT asked her,how in the heck she was breathing,this ent said they had to come out and she said they were HUGE,anyway got off track the nosebleeds stopped after the tonsils were removed

Hi ladies!  Hope you all have had a nice Mother's Day!  My day was very nice. I got a call yesterday afternoon from my oldest son telling me that they would be visiting today, then this late this morning my other son called to say he was taking a ride out!  He only had his son with him, but I'll take that.  He's 14 and pretty soon those teenage years will really kick in and he'll be too busy for grammy, lol.

Oh!!!!  I got 2 very pretty squares in the mail yesterday!!!!! Thank you so much Katie!  I'll post pics tomorrow. I love both of them.  Could you share the patterns?  I don't think I have either one and they're great.

ok, gotta run.  have a wonderful evening everyone! (((hugs)))

So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! And lovely squares to top it off!  :hug

I had a wonderful day. I seen four out of five of my children. Son did call me which made my day. I usually get a text. So was very happy to hear his voice.

Invited boys mom down but of course she didn't come. Which is fine I guess. She tells everyone I'm her mother but really does the complete opposite . She's crap and I can't fix that . Over all it was a wonderful day. The Girls cooked all day and did all the clean up to. I get another special day on the weekend coming up.

Thank you for the two squares . I love them.

Very happy to hear it! And even better that you got to see and/or talk to all of your children!  :hug

Mother's Day was uneventful. The severe storms passed north of us but we did get some rain. And a rainbow! It was a vivid, full rainbow with a partial double-bow above it. The girls LOVED it!

As for this job thing, just when I thought it couldn't get worse.....Hubs called and told me that the clinic forgot to schedule the most important part of his physical! They "did what they could" today and he has to go back tomorrow. So, instead of being on his way home right now, he has to stay another night. That means he won't be home until Wed now. I am soooooooo angry!

And as for the training, the head of training called him to let him know that they are in the process of writing a policy that would allow people to go back without requalifying if they have been gone for less than 4 years. That's great since he's been gone for 3 years an 9 mos. The epic part of this is that its the government. Writing a policy. This could take a long time. It could take so long that by the time it is finished and approved, Hubs would be passed the 4 years mark and it will do him no good. The worst part about it? There is currently NO policy that dictates training requirements of rehires so they could do whatever they want. WHY do they need a policy to allow something that isn't currently prohibited???? Oh, government.....

So glad you didn't get the bad storms and a rainbow on Mother's Day is just fantastic! I'm sorry the clinic screwed up your DH's physical! My dad's girlfriend works in the government so I know those policies can take forever, but hopefully he'll get in without too many more problems and hopefully Baby hangs on just a few more days!!  :hug

Well, poor kiddles had to have her nose done....again...third time. She is not a happy girl right now! But it needs to heal and it can't due to the dryness. We have done the saline spray as was suggested, but this kid just has allergies which causes issues...bottom line, cauterized yet again and then every day of her life she needs to put a special lotion up there. She is very angry at life right now and thinks the entire world except me is mean. I feel so bad for her. So young to deal with this 3 times already!!!

Oh and my mom fell yesterday, yes on mothers day. Flat on her face. She is feeling okay but stiff and sore and scraped.

Oh then today I spoke with the absolute rudest parent in the world who basically treated me like a dog cause 'why am I talking to you!' when she found out I was the secretary. Uh cause I make the appts...that's why.

Oh boy debbie downer here! I'll get going before I ruin the mood for anyone!

kuddles

Oh, poor Kiddles!! I feel so terrible for her! And you too for having a mother be hateful to you! I hope at least that most people don't act that way. "Some people's children!" as my family likes to say! I'm sorry your mom fell, but I'm glad it was only scrapes and bruises!  :hug

Here is my beach bags.

Love them!  :manyheart

I think I vote for doing one Biggest Square at the time. Everybody should get that month to be Queen and the only Queen! Plus I have enough trouble keeping up with one!  :lol

Jessicali, I got your two brightly colored 12" squares out today. The lady at the post office said they'll be delivered by Thursday, so get ready to check that mailbox! 

Hope everyone else's week is off to a good start!  :ghug

I vote one per month until we get through the list. That way all the Squares have a chance to be special.

Thanks for weighing in little mama!!

that makes it so far

so fence sitters, that will roll with the majority......2

multifple biggest squares in one month, 0

complete the remaining five Biggest Squares to be in the following five months  5

( 1 biggest square per month for five more months) .

there we go, the run down, keep it coming in, if you want your vote to count that is, lol  looks like the way is was, one per month is a run away so far, so if you haven't voted, get it in soon. lol         thanks bgs, and kuddles, sheesh, what a day huh....

love the beach bags, very pretty, and ann, oh yeah, I remember those, lol I think I just winged um, I just let my fingers do the work, and my mind wanders off, and comes back later, and there is the square, lol

everybody else, wow, I even missed dancing with the stars, darn it, now Ill have to read who got bumped!!!        anybody know

ok all, count so far then is five to keep it one per month, so far.......take care all,....

I got a puffy from cshort this weekend. It's a whole little rainbow! I also don't remember if I posted the picture of the squares I got from Katie awhile ago. I think they came while I was dealing with all the surgery craziness. I love them all!

post-69476-0-18994700-1399953294_thumb.jpgpost-69476-0-52982700-1399953006_thumb.jpg

Good morning all!

Thanks so much for everyone caring about my day, my kid and my mom! You guys are like family to me!

I 'treated' kiddles to a sleep out on the couch and she was very happy. I didn't sleep but she did and this morning she said 'mom, you were right, my nose isn't bad today'.....lol can I get that on tape, I was RIGHT?

The squares posted were so pretty!

Katy, I didn't vote on how to continue since I haven't been able to send squares for a while. Whatever the majority wants to do is fine with me. I hope to start sending squares again soon!

Oh and to answer the question, no most parents are NOT rude, most are nice, especially because I am so nice to them. This lady.....well....I'll pray for her. Obviously she needs the prayers and I have enough to go around!

Well, more rain today (our northern burbs are completely flooded, poor people!) and the temps will fall and we will be cool and wet for several days, but I'm fine with that. Gotta work so why not!

Hugs to all of you. Thanks for caring!

kuddles

Hubs is on his way home! He left a little over 3 hours ago. If it takes him just as long to get home as it took him to get to VA, He should be home in about 17 hours.

I had lots of contractions last night during the storm. I was worried but things have calmed back down. Whew! I don't feel well today at all. It could possibly be a pre-labor thing. I dunno. We'll see.

Kuddles--My youngest brother had problems with bloody noses as a kid. Gushers, especially at night. He was diagnosed with allergic rhinitis (inflammation of the nose due to allergies). He too had to put a special lotion up in his nose every day. He also had to use an inhaler in his nose to reduce the inflammation. It was fun times. Not! He did eventually grow out of it by like 10 or 11. I hope Kiddles grows out of it too.

Hugs to exhausted ladies, ladies with sick dogs, ladies with sick/hurting/crappy family, and anyone else who just needs one.

Love the eye candy! Awesome squares and beach bags!

Hi All!  Back from my weekly trip to have my port flushed/changed and blood drawn.  Man that drive can feel like a long time, lol.  I did manage to make one 8" square and one 4" square while traveling.  So that's a good thing!  I need to match up the squares I have with the names on the list and see which ones will go where, lol.  I never do it that way.  I usually always plan for a certain person, but making squares while on the road helps calm me,so there ya go, lol.  Umm, I thought there was something else I was going to mention, but it's gone outta the brain  :think .  If I remember I'll come back later, lol.  It can't be that important, right.  ;)

Here is my beach bags.

Wowza!  Those are nice!

I got a puffy from cshort this weekend. It's a whole little rainbow! I also don't remember if I posted the picture of the squares I got from Katie awhile ago. I think they came while I was dealing with all the surgery craziness. I love them all!

attachicon.gifDSCN4156.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN4199.JPG

Very nice squares!

Good morning all!

Thanks so much for everyone caring about my day, my kid and my mom! You guys are like family to me!

I 'treated' kiddles to a sleep out on the couch and she was very happy. I didn't sleep but she did and this morning she said 'mom, you were right, my nose isn't bad today'.....lol can I get that on tape, I was RIGHT?

The squares posted were so pretty!

Katy, I didn't vote on how to continue since I haven't been able to send squares for a while. Whatever the majority wants to do is fine with me. I hope to start sending squares again soon!

Oh and to answer the question, no most parents are NOT rude, most are nice, especially because I am so nice to them. This lady.....well....I'll pray for her. Obviously she needs the prayers and I have enough to go around!

Well, more rain today (our northern burbs are completely flooded, poor people!) and the temps will fall and we will be cool and wet for several days, but I'm fine with that. Gotta work so why not!

Hugs to all of you. Thanks for caring!

kuddles

You are a sweetie.  It is not always easy to hold your tongue when a rude person is around, but you have the right idea, she needs prayers, most do.  I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm dealing with a rude one, lol.  :hug

Hubs is on his way home! He left a little over 3 hours ago. If it takes him just as long to get home as it took him to get to VA, He should be home in about 17 hours.

I had lots of contractions last night during the storm. I was worried but things have calmed back down. Whew! I don't feel well today at all. It could possibly be a pre-labor thing. I dunno. We'll see.

Kuddles--My youngest brother had problems with bloody noses as a kid. Gushers, especially at night. He was diagnosed with allergic rhinitis (inflammation of the nose due to allergies). He too had to put a special lotion up in his nose every day. He also had to use an inhaler in his nose to reduce the inflammation. It was fun times. Not! He did eventually grow out of it by like 10 or 11. I hope Kiddles grows out of it too.

Hugs to exhausted ladies, ladies with sick dogs, ladies with sick/hurting/crappy family, and anyone else who just needs one.

Love the eye candy! Awesome squares and beach bags!

Woot!  Hope hubby is home soon!  I hope you are feeling better soon too!  Could be a baby on the way very soon.... :)

ooh, i hope little sweetthings waits till daddy comes home for you Cindy!!

WElcome for the squares howieann, lovely ones in rainbow colors too...glad your square made your day kuddles, hoo ha!!

All else, busy as always, forgot to take my few puffies with me today, on my errands, but hey, there's always tomorrow, lol

got done what  i set out to do, and then some, so home probably now, remembering however,I forgot diet coke,,,,,eeek, can't run out of my life's juice! looks like another trip out, unless I can convince the dandyman, to get it before he's home for the day, he he he.Ill bribe him, I got Crispy Cream donuts today honey,,,,,,,oh,you think you can bring home diet coke please,Ill have your  donut and coffee all ready for you..........he he he.........

I dropped off donations to Proj. Linus, and the emergency preg. center, about 4 or 5 baby ghans apiece, then swung over to Menards, (it's like Lowes, or home depot) and got that large i don't know what you call it, large deep pan sort of, with a large glass lid, dandyman saw that the other day, and wanted it, so picked that up and some hanging baskets for my shepards hooks, and oh, a swiffer spray mop, wish me luck on that, lol I just hate so much sponge mops,and can't find the rag mops, and the handy wipe mops don't look too sturdy,I dunno, this will be the last stop before I finally whip out 4 20's and buy the dang steam cleaner thing for hard floors,,,,,,,sheesh.....

then got the donuts, I mean I was right across the street, ha ha, and then oh,stopped and got a classic sub at the sandwich shop on my way back, and now Im here!

Im saving going to the bakery for bread, and the grocery, and the poffice maybe for tomorrow, lol 

have a good one everyone,back later!!!

You all have been chatting up a storm. 

Owlvamp, the bags look great.

Kuddles, I hope you've had a better day and Kiddles is feeling better.

Not much going on here, worked, went to Walmart and doing a little stitching while watching TV tonight.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

I spent the day working in ends on squares and packaging them up.  Now to get them to the PO.

It's been cloudy all day today.  It cooled off quite a bit after the rain last night.  

Cindy, I hope you are still doing okay and that daddy makes it back before you go into labor.  

Got some squares from KatyAllen today. Gorgeous as always. and I got a good giggle out of them. the envelope has the forward label on it under that is a sticky note of the address i was at when I left my husband and under that was the Original address from when i was still living with my husband. lol  Thanks Katie. I will put the to great use. 

991EA5E2.jpg

So got alot going on. We just got back from the band banquet. it is the end of year awards for Marching, pep and color guard. Plus recognition for our Seniors. One of which is mine.  Tomorrow my son meets with Army reserve Sgt and will join the reserves. I am so very proud of him. Next saturday he will graduate High school and we will have his Open house party. 

Yesterday my daughter had a choir concert They will also sing at graduation.

Last week. Monday i went to leave a clients home and a belt had busted in my tire. Got my daughters boyfriend to change it and went home the next morning it was flat. Had a nail in it and where it sat flat had put a crack in the wall. so had to go buy a new tire. got it home and put on went to leave a few hours later and the brakeline had busted. so i didnt get my car running till friday night 

Oh and my youngest has posion Ivy. YEAHHHHH

I am so ready for a nap.

I am here again.  Just checking in for the week.  I have been really busy here and have meant to post here several times but one thing led to another and then that one led to yet another and so on and so on.  I have received some beautiful pastel varigated squares from cshort.  They are lovely and I posted my thanks to her in a private message yesterday along with an explanation of why I was so late.  I promise that I will try to do better.

Latest news here:  my 24 year old refrigerator has quit cooling and I am going to have to get a new refrigerator. This refrigerator has really been a great one. I have not had one bit of trouble from it in all the 24 years I have owned it. 

I have been working on the stashghan I started last year. I have quite a few strips of that made now. I am still working on it.

I am still collecting squares for my pastel ghan. I need many more.  I am making one big enough to fit on a full sized bed. 

Rusty is fine. He and I have been sitting watching TV.  He sits in my lap and I knit and watch TV.  He has a stuffed dog that he has adopted and he takes this stuffed dog around with him in his mouth.  The stuffed dog's name is Silver.  Yesterday Rusty and Silver were both in my lap at the same time.

Sounds like there may be a new baby soon.  I have read the latest posts.  I am glad that Kiddles is getting along better now. 

I will try and check in here once a month.  I notice that some of you post almost every day and I believe that some of you post every day.  How do you do it?

I almost forgot--my vote--I vote one a month and start the birthday thing next year.  Hope everyone is doing fine today.

Good morning all!

Cindy.......I think basically that is what kiddles has....the doc said it is due to her allergies. She is doing okay now that the first day is behind her.....but she sure doesn't enjoy me putting a q tip up her nose every day, three times!

Cooled down here, now below normal temps. Lots of rain. But that's okay.......better than 95!

Well gotta get moving. Busy day at work and of course always busy with kiddles!

kuddles

hello squares!!!

well, i did get to the post office this am, and will list those zips in this post before too long!! Does Skoggy still need any squares, haven't heard from her for a long time.....And funnygirl, never answered my pm about what exactly is considered ice blue, is it in a particular brand, and if so, does red heart have anything in blues that would qualify....

What else, umm LiL mama,i know has very limited internet, so if anyone wants to chose her, I will pm you her addy, just ask....

Rusty's mom, HELLO DARLIN, good to hear from you, what a nice post catching us up too, glad Rusty and you are fine, and rusty's little friend silver, lol, cute stuff!! ...THANKS FOR voting in too, looks like we'll leave it as is, unless we receive an influx of nays in the next couple days, lol   I will probably be contacting the newest  biggest square on the 25th of this month, if we decide to go with one.. thanks all for sounding off on the vote, appreciate it!

what else, lets see, well,nothing else, cept to list those zips for you!!!

Let me get my receipt!!

61265    so if  you see your zip, chances are, a puffy is coming out  to you, eta friday!!  I think I have a few more ready to post out, gotta tape up the ends, and probably the last will go out next week... there are two, i need to hold on to, till I get answers, lol but other than that, I think (panting now...) that i got most of them out, and the remaining few, and then, I have done everyone!!! cause you are all my queens!!!!!!!

oh what else, didn't get my hanging baskets, they looked so beaten down, must have been the storm, but wil check some other places maybe tomorrow, and see if they look any better...\

Handymanny, was a dear,and brought home my diet coke, lol,I am a bear without it in the am, first thing,so he did it for him as well, Im sure, he he he! OH and the donuts, did help, !!

and the bread/bakery, well, two busses, full of people pulled in to an already FILLED parking lot, and I got impatient thinking about waiting in line, lol, so I will go tomorrow on that probably too, but I did get the laundry detergent Ineeded, and some paper things, like kleenex and such, so the day wasn't a total wipe out! Hope all of you are having a good day, and will be back maybe later on....too shay!!! LOL

oh gosh, yes, dragnlady, I knew I did it wrong, lol, but  well, glad it reached you anyways!! You certainly are welcome!! We will need to know soon too, how many squares everyone might still need, and how close they are to completing thier ghans! some of you have chosen such pretty color ways, i am dying to see them all made!!

Got some squares from KatyAllen today. Gorgeous as always. and I got a good giggle out of them. the envelope has the forward label on it under that is a sticky note of the address i was at when I left my husband and under that was the Original address from when i was still living with my husband. lol  Thanks Katie. I will put the to great use. 

991EA5E2.jpg

So got alot going on. We just got back from the band banquet. it is the end of year awards for Marching, pep and color guard. Plus recognition for our Seniors. One of which is mine.  Tomorrow my son meets with Army reserve Sgt and will join the reserves. I am so very proud of him. Next saturday he will graduate High school and we will have his Open house party. 

Yesterday my daughter had a choir concert They will also sing at graduation.

Last week. Monday i went to leave a clients home and a belt had busted in my tire. Got my daughters boyfriend to change it and went home the next morning it was flat. Had a nail in it and where it sat flat had put a crack in the wall. so had to go buy a new tire. got it home and put on went to leave a few hours later and the brakeline had busted. so i didnt get my car running till friday night 

Oh and my youngest has posion Ivy. YEAHHHHH

I am so ready for a nap.

Pretty squares.  Glad I waited for your current address and I mailed a puffy out to you today.  I know how frustrated you are with your car.  I also feel sorry for your youngest with the poison ivy.  I break out really bad from it.  Sometimes I think I was getting it off of the dogs.  I am always afraid I will transfer it to my face in my sleep and sleep with socks on my hands to try to avoid that.

I am here again.  Just checking in for the week.  I have been really busy here and have meant to post here several times but one thing led to another and then that one led to yet another and so on and so on.  I have received some beautiful pastel varigated squares from cshort.  They are lovely and I posted my thanks to her in a private message yesterday along with an explanation of why I was so late.  I promise that I will try to do better.

Latest news here:  my 24 year old refrigerator has quit cooling and I am going to have to get a new refrigerator. This refrigerator has really been a great one. I have not had one bit of trouble from it in all the 24 years I have owned it. 

I have been working on the stashghan I started last year. I have quite a few strips of that made now. I am still working on it.

I am still collecting squares for my pastel ghan. I need many more.  I am making one big enough to fit on a full sized bed. 

Rusty is fine. He and I have been sitting watching TV.  He sits in my lap and I knit and watch TV.  He has a stuffed dog that he has adopted and he takes this stuffed dog around with him in his mouth.  The stuffed dog's name is Silver.  Yesterday Rusty and Silver were both in my lap at the same time.

Sounds like there may be a new baby soon.  I have read the latest posts.  I am glad that Kiddles is getting along better now. 

I will try and check in here once a month.  I notice that some of you post almost every day and I believe that some of you post every day.  How do you do it?

I almost forgot--my vote--I vote one a month and start the birthday thing next year.  Hope everyone is doing fine today.

Glad you checked in and that Rusty and his pal are fine.  Sorry about the refrigerator.  It would be nice if the new one lasts that long but they don't make things like they used to.  At least the new one should be more energy efficient. 

Good morning all!

Cindy.......I think basically that is what kiddles has....the doc said it is due to her allergies. She is doing okay now that the first day is behind her.....but she sure doesn't enjoy me putting a q tip up her nose every day, three times!

Cooled down here, now below normal temps. Lots of rain. But that's okay.......better than 95!

Well gotta get moving. Busy day at work and of course always busy with kiddles!

kuddles

It's almost cold here but that has eliminated the chance for severe storms and tornadoes.  No sun for a couple of days so that makes it feel really cool.  Glad Kiddles is doing better.  She should be thankful that you are just coming at her with a q tip and not the dreaded suction ball you use on babies to remove mucous------my niece really hated that as a baby. 

hello squares!!!

well, i did get to the post office this am, and will list those zips in this post before too long!! Does Skoggy still need any squares, haven't heard from her for a long time.....And funnygirl, never answered my pm about what exactly is considered ice blue, is it in a particular brand, and if so, does red heart have anything in blues that would qualify....

What else, umm LiL mama,i know has very limited internet, so if anyone wants to chose her, I will pm you her addy, just ask....

Rusty's mom, HELLO DARLIN, good to hear from you, what a nice post catching us up too, glad Rusty and you are fine, and rusty's little friend silver, lol, cute stuff!! ...THANKS FOR voting in too, looks like we'll leave it as is, unless we receive an influx of nays in the next couple days, lol   I will probably be contacting the newest  biggest square on the 25th of this month, if we decide to go with one.. thanks all for sounding off on the vote, appreciate it!

what else, lets see, well,nothing else, cept to list those zips for you!!!

Let me get my receipt!!

61265    so if  you see your zip, chances are, a puffy is coming out  to you, eta friday!!  I think I have a few more ready to post out, gotta tape up the ends, and probably the last will go out next week... there are two, i need to hold on to, till I get answers, lol but other than that, I think (panting now...) that i got most of them out, and the remaining few, and then, I have done everyone!!! cause you are all my queens!!!!!!!

oh what else, didn't get my hanging baskets, they looked so beaten down, must have been the storm, but wil check some other places maybe tomorrow, and see if they look any better...\

Handymanny, was a dear,and brought home my diet coke, lol,I am a bear without it in the am, first thing,so he did it for him as well, Im sure, he he he! OH and the donuts, did help, !!

and the bread/bakery, well, two busses, full of people pulled in to an already FILLED parking lot, and I got impatient thinking about waiting in line, lol, so I will go tomorrow on that probably too, but I did get the laundry detergent Ineeded, and some paper things, like kleenex and such, so the day wasn't a total wipe out! Hope all of you are having a good day, and will be back maybe later on....too shay!!! LOL

I hope Skoggy checks in one of these days and posts photos of the afghans on our photo thread that we worked on for each of her daughters . 

In my mind RHSS light blue is what I consider an ice blue. 

I too am addicted to diet coke.  I don't do coffee or tea and just want my diet coke.  I can do almost any diet cola in a pinch.  I hate it when we go out to eat and they are out/don't have it.  It just kind of ruins the whole meal for me.  I have been trying to wean myself off of it but can't quit give it up. 

I mailed 4 puffies today.  I think 2 of you will really be surprised (I hope) 

Hi all, Just thought I would check in since its been a while. I feel like such a bad "square" for not getting on here more often but I do think of you even when Im not online. Hope you all are doing well :hugs for you all and take care

I received 2 beautiful squares from yarn_monkey today!! One is a BRIGHT pink & the other is a dull almost pastel yellow!! I LOVE them!! I haven't started piecing together my 'ghan just yet.. I'm lining all my squares in black then going to sew them together! We are going out of town this weekend for my brothers graduation from high school so this will give me something to do on the 6 hour car ride while the kids are sleeping/watching TV!

I wondered about tht ice blue thing bgs,but I think you may be right, lol, so thanks for letting me know that, one down,one to go, lol

Ihave never had poison ivy, sounds absolutely horrible, however.Is there anything that helps it,like calomine lotion, or something?>

I wonder if something like benedryl would help either??

Ok, well, good to hear someone besides me, doesn't much care for coffee and tea, but take her diet coke away, (I have had diet pepsi, in a pinch eating out) and I will go bonkers!!

There is one other in my brunch, like us, lol when eating at someone's else's house, like we used to do, we each would take turns briinging  diet coke for the other as well, Just ain't brunch without diet coke!! lol

ok well,stay safe all,hope you are all well outta storms tonight!!!!!!!!

Archived