Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Also on Page 500.

I love Katys designs and the one I tested is very simple.

Me and My daughter just went through and sorted my Yarn. We found a bunch of baby yarn in yellow white pinks and blues and even blue varigated and a purple shiny one.  Anyone interested in squares made from baby yarn?

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning! Not sure I can respond to everything I wanted to....so many posts! Wootie!

Katy - thank you for the square patterns! I love floral squares of any kind! Love them so thanks!

Prayers for everyone in CA right now!

Thanks for the kudos on my prizes........so fun! Now kiddles really wants to learn to crochet and she might just be ready! We'll see!

Speaking of kiddles as some of you asked....her nose is doing fine. I have to use a q tip 3 times a day up each nostril which isn't fun for either of us, but we are doing it so it is healing. Takes a full 3 weeks and we aren't even done with one so......

School is winding down......homework has almost gone away. I talked to the mom of her little friend she sometimes has play dates with that lives nearby and she is going to sign her daughter up at the same day camp I signed kiddles up for...a park district nearby. They will be together and since both have anxiety, this will be perfect!

Work is crazy busy! My coworker and I got 119 new referrals for special needs teens to get certified for our job training program! Wow! So I've been crazy busy calling parents to get them in to meet with her. You can imagine how wild this is! Calling, leaving a message, hoping to get a call back, calling again.......I lead an exciting life!

I'm happy that today I get to see my good friend for lunch......recently she got a new job after being let go from the same place that let me go 4 years ago. I made her a cute tote bag with embroidery of a boston terrier......which she has. Will be nice to have an adult conversation!

Next door at the high school (literally we can walk what amounts to one block and be on the edge of the property) is having a huge 50 year anniversary shindig! Costs to get in so we won't go but craft tables, food vendors, Gin Blossoms as a band and fireworks.Let's just say it will be crazy busy and noisy today and into tonite! I imagine we'll be able to hear the band, they will be that close!

Wow I had a lot to say! Sorry!

Need to get moving....oh wait, no I don't! I got up at 4 and kiddles is still in bed. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh quiet!

Hugs to everyone! Have a GREAT day!

kuddles

Good Morning Everyone!

Nikgetsfit. Hi I dont believe we have met.  :hug

I got a wonderful surprise in the mail from BGS

C9F61C4D.jpg

Much love and Thanks. 

here is what I have so far in sqs

CAA46026.jpg

Not arrange in any particular order

I have some sqs waiting to be sent just havent made it to get envelopes yet lol

Glad Kiddles is ok.

Cindy that baby is just waiting till my predicted due date  :P

Heloooooooo everyone

I teach my first Zumba class today.  :cheer

So many beautiful squares!

Hey all!
Really sorry for not being around of late. Got quite a few problems going down in the Skoggy household at the moment.

Got some nice squarey eye candy to show you tomorrow. I got my choco squares out and took a pic (I haven't gotten round to sewing them together yet) and it takes up nearly all my kingsize bed. I love it! Big :hug to everyone who sent me squares for it.

Thought you'd like to see a pic of how big the Skoglets are now.

attachicon.gifskoglets.jpg

Felicia is going to be 3 in July. Where did that time go!?!? Isabel is growing up so quickly. She is just over 1½ now but seems so much older. :)

Hope everyone is well. x

Good to hear from you, the girls look adorable.

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to have you in Virginia!!  :yay  :hug

Looks like a fun prize! I'll have to check out that book too!  :yes

So glad the rain finally stopped! I'm outside of Richmond and it was miserable here last night and into this morning! I hope your flooding goes away soon! 

Beautiful squares!  :manyheart  Sorry your Zumba class got cancelled... better luck for the next one!

Hope all your problems clear themselves up soon! And your girls are beautiful!!  

:ty  Katy  for the beautiful squares I found in my mailbox this evening! I'm going to work on getting them added to my ghan tonight. They'll be lovely with what I have so far! Then maybe tomorrow I'll actually remember to post a picture of what I've got so far! 

attachicon.gif2014-05-16 17.47.53.jpg

No big plans here for the weekend... tomorrow my sister is bringing Peanut over and we're going to have breakfast since DH will be out and about (He doesn't like breakfast food... crazy, i know!) and then go to an antique mall/flea market down the road. When DH gets home tomorrow evening, we're going to go to the Lebanese Food Festival in town for dinner. We're suckers for a food festival and they have these fabulous desserts, zalabias I think they're called?? Basically they're little balls of deep fried dough covered in fresh honey. They're hot and ooey and gooey and amazing!! 

With all the activity tomorrow, I think Sunday will just be a relax and get things done around the house day! I'm hoping to have at least one and maybe 2 puffies out this week. I still need to track down that elusive missing yarn from the squares several weeks ago! 

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I'll be checking in once in a while!  

More beautiful squares. Sounds like you have a fun day planned, enjoy.

ah Nikki, you made me blush, lol

Hey, in honor of May being our anniversary month, Im posting two free patterns here on the ville. You  might remember a wh ile back, i asked for testers, well I got them!! I only have one up right now, and it's simple, Owlvamp tested for me, it's right here, on the ville, thanks for you help, next one will go up i n a couple of days! S0 happy anniversary to you all, check out the free patterns to celebrate with me!!!!

Thanks for the patterns.

Good morning! Not sure I can respond to everything I wanted to....so many posts! Wootie!

Katy - thank you for the square patterns! I love floral squares of any kind! Love them so thanks!

Prayers for everyone in CA right now!

Thanks for the kudos on my prizes........so fun! Now kiddles really wants to learn to crochet and she might just be ready! We'll see!

Speaking of kiddles as some of you asked....her nose is doing fine. I have to use a q tip 3 times a day up each nostril which isn't fun for either of us, but we are doing it so it is healing. Takes a full 3 weeks and we aren't even done with one so......

School is winding down......homework has almost gone away. I talked to the mom of her little friend she sometimes has play dates with that lives nearby and she is going to sign her daughter up at the same day camp I signed kiddles up for...a park district nearby. They will be together and since both have anxiety, this will be perfect!

Work is crazy busy! My coworker and I got 119 new referrals for special needs teens to get certified for our job training program! Wow! So I've been crazy busy calling parents to get them in to meet with her. You can imagine how wild this is! Calling, leaving a message, hoping to get a call back, calling again.......I lead an exciting life!

I'm happy that today I get to see my good friend for lunch......recently she got a new job after being let go from the same place that let me go 4 years ago. I made her a cute tote bag with embroidery of a boston terrier......which she has. Will be nice to have an adult conversation!

Next door at the high school (literally we can walk what amounts to one block and be on the edge of the property) is having a huge 50 year anniversary shindig! Costs to get in so we won't go but craft tables, food vendors, Gin Blossoms as a band and fireworks.Let's just say it will be crazy busy and noisy today and into tonite! I imagine we'll be able to hear the band, they will be that close!

Wow I had a lot to say! Sorry!

Need to get moving....oh wait, no I don't! I got up at 4 and kiddles is still in bed. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh quiet!

Hugs to everyone! Have a GREAT day!

kuddles

Enjoy your lunch. Hope the noise isn't too bad today.

I was up early, as usual. Started laundry and I'm going to enjoy my day sewing.

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning.  I am up way to early for a day off. Got to take my son to New Albany today for college Orientation. Have to be there at nine so leaving here about 730. 

Kuddles it stinks that it cost just to go in and look around. I would want to go look

Well everyone have a great day.

Good morning ! Drinking my coffee now that I have 2 of my 3 kiddos fed. Son is at his dads house, and the girls are waiting to get picked up, so I made them some cinamon raisin french toast. After they get picked up we will be going out to my MILs house to hauld around 25# bags of rock. "Someone" seems to think I wont be able to do it :no ............ He dont know me very well LOL If I can pick up my 85# 9 yr old I think I can handle a bag of rocks heheheheh.

Take care all and Ill see you all afterwhile.

Good morning all. I had lots to read this morning. Yesterday was really in a foul mood. Didn't get the boys this weekend which is a total drag. Hopefully next weekend.

Going to a company picnic layer and then off to collect tickets at a recital. Not a lot fun but we get paid. So we need every little bit we can get right now. So we are doing that for about 3 hours.

Your girls are just darling. Look very happy. Hopefully soon everything gets better for you.

Skoggy, your girls have really grown.  Seems like just yesterday they were both babies.  Hope life gets better for you soon.  Can't wait to see your chocolate afghan. 

Katy, glad you liked the hotpad. I was gifted one a long time ago by someone in this cal and thought it was a great idea.  It's a good way to use up cotton and keep us on track making squares.  Also, thank you for the patterns.

yarn_monkey, sounds like you have a great day planned, going to the antique mall, the food festival and spending time with Peanut, it just doesn't get mcuh better than that.

owlvamp, sorry you didn't get the boys this weekend  :hug

Howdy again! My lunch with my friend was so great! I got to give her the tote I made her, of course she loves it!

I came home to two puffies! I was so surprised and touched!

So thank you Brenda (bgs) for the lovely red and blue square! I really love the pattern, and the colors are just what I like! Thank you friend! Your note was also so wonderful!

and Grannyannie! Thank you for the bright orange square! I love orange! Will go so well with my autumn colored squares!

So I'm feeling pretty spoiled right now! Just waiting till 7 pm when the band next door starts and I'm sure if I leave my sliding glass door open, I'll hear them. And the fireworks at 9......hopefully kiddles will sleep through those!

Her nose is doing 'okay'.......she sure is tired of me putting a qtip up there every day, three times! Don't blame her but she's a trooper!

Here is the tote I gave my friend today....she always has a boston terrier......gets a new puppy when one passes.

Later!

kuddles

post-17419-0-90790400-1400361214_thumb.jpg

It feels like Christmas, I was surprised with two puffies today! 

Katie thank you for the lovely card and yarn threader, I will definitely put it to good use. :manyheart

post-4459-0-17868700-1400359333_thumb.jpg

Brenda thank you for the sweet card and beautiful hotpad. :hug

post-4459-0-47450300-1400360321_thumb.jpg

My day was relaxing and productive. I am going to my DD house next weekend and we are planning to go to one of the Disney resort restaurants for dinner on Sunday. And since Monday is Memorial Day, I thought patriotic Mickey Mouse would be appropriate wear for the occasion. The t-shirts were purchased and I appliqued the Mickey heads on them last night. Today I made a pair of shorts for DGS to wear with the white shirt. And capris for DGD to wear with the red shirt, the fabric on her shirt has tiny flags and silver glitter all over it. You can't see them very well in the picture but there are bows that match the Mickey head on the sides of the capris.

post-4459-0-50224000-1400360864_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-01610900-1400360992_thumb.jpg

oooh pretties!! i must put my hot pad up too!!! Lovely eye candy,like Christmas around here, lol

For Dec, I think we will have a Secret Santa, he he he!! I love secrets!

Got my hanging baskets today, just have to get handyman to put the shepherds hooks in somewhere un-decided as of yet, lol,and wala, lol hanging petunias, they are gorgeous darkish pink, lovely!!

Another day gone,another day coming!! lol

Here is my cards, and goodies, i love how you both sent your personal note card, with you initials on it, N for Nikki, and B for Brenda, how cute, you can see my special note cards, and my hot pad!! thank you again, I sure wasn't expecting anything, I am happy when i do for YOU guys, lol

post-40621-0-89956700-1400364813_thumb.jpg

It feels like Christmas, I was surprised with two puffies today! 

Katie thank you for the lovely card and yarn threader, I will definitely put it to good use. :manyheart

attachicon.giffrom Katie.JPG

Brenda thank you for the sweet card and beautiful hotpad. :hug

attachicon.gifFrom Brenda.JPG

My day was relaxing and productive. I am going to my DD house next weekend and we are planning to go to one of the Disney resort restaurants for dinner on Sunday. And since Monday is Memorial Day, I thought patriotic Mickey Mouse would be appropriate wear for the occasion. The t-shirts were purchased and I appliqued the Mickey heads on them last night. Today I made a pair of shorts for DGS to wear with the white shirt. And capris for DGD to wear with the red shirt, the fabric on her shirt has tiny flags and silver glitter all over it. You can't see them very well in the picture but there are bows that match the Mickey head on the sides of the capris.

attachicon.gifPatriotic Mickey for Allan.JPG

attachicon.gifPatriotic Mickey for Nicole.JPG

ooh love those carol!!

Hi everybody,

I discovered that I got names confused when thanking some of you for the lovely squares that you sent me. When I posted I had thanked cshort for the squares she had sent me, those were from Katie. Cshort's squares came just this week. All the squares are lovely.  Thanks ladies for thinking of me. 

I found a puffy in my mailbox yesterday with 2 lovely squares that came from Omaha, NE. No return name So not sure who to thank exactly But Thank You So Very Much ! :hug  They remind me of Cookies n Cream Ice Cream,   I love them :manyheart

Oh my gosh congratulations Cindy. She is finally here I bet you are happy. You take it easy and relax and enjoy Lucy. I'm so excited for you. Cant wait to see a picture.

Love the hot pads. What pattern did you use?

Did i forget to put my info on them, lol, sorry , and they are from me, me thinks.........And your welcome!

I found a puffy in my mailbox yesterday with 2 lovely squares that came from Omaha, NE. No return name So not sure who to thank exactly But Thank You So Very Much ! :hug  They remind me of Cookies n Cream Ice Cream,   I love them :manyheart

Hi everybody,

I discovered that I got names confused when thanking some of you for the lovely squares that you sent me. When I posted I had thanked cshort for the squares she had sent me, those were from Katie. Cshort's squares came just this week. All the squares are lovely.  Thanks ladies for thinking of me. 

Not a problem jeanie, and you are welcome, hi rusty!!

She's here! Lucille Hollyann (yes, we changed the name) arrived at 1:56 pm on May 16 at 7 lbs 4 oz (ultrasound was way off!) and 21 inches after one CRAZY birth experience! I went from 5 cm to crowning during the placement of my epidural so Miss Lucy ended up being delivered by the nurse with a horrified anesthesiologist in the room who made a very hasty retreat. Every nurse in the OB wing came running to assist and my OB didn't make it for another 5 minutes (his office is in a building attached to the hospital). It was so crazy! Well, we are both doing well. Lucy is finally starting to nurse. My oldest is smitten and my middle daughter is a little nervous and I think jealous (understandable; she's 3). Mommy and Daddy are tired.

I'll post pics once I find my data transfer cable so I can download the pics to my computer.

And I got my squares. YAY!!! Thank you!

Cindy, congratz!!! What an exciting birth story for her when she is old enough to appreciate it, lol.

Glad you got the squares,assuming they were from me, as most of mine were  out, and expected Friday or Sat....

such good news!!

I can't top that,lol nor would I want to steal her thunder!!!

ok, so, got the flower baskets up, and got the bedding plants in with handymannys help, and miracle  grow dirt, they are heave to lift,and or pour, and he hoed up the beds,and help plant too, so yay, that is done. Let it rain, not heavy but a little wouldn't hurt!!!

Making chops on the grill, with corn on the cob later on, and some strawberry shortcake for desert, nice day for grilling out,and we love cob corn and strawberry shortcake too!!Also helped in the bribe department,But It think he would've helped anyways, ha ha ha.

Back/whatever, has been paining me for a couple days, I think I pulled something, as I felt it burn stepping up the front steps, and that is when it started hurting sooo, a few days of inside jobs, perhaps, that don't involve bending down, lol is in the plans for me!!!

Tuesday I will do brunch, though,, and I don't know what else is on the agenda,haven't looked lately, lol

Im glad our "angels" got their cards, those needle threaders, I bougth at a craft show many years ago, bought them all, and then distributed lots of them to my group, as i used to teach crochet for a group, and then......had a few I found recently, so thought Ill keep one or two, and pass them on,so hopefully  you can use them. I dont'' use them for the most part, but my group of learners,loved them at the time!!

And one more group of puffies to be  mailed,and then i THINK i got  everyone, lol cept those of you not collecting, or recieving anything,at the moment! and or have not returned my inquiring pms,tsk tsk, shame on you, lol see what you are missing!

Next week too, I will pm a new  queen to be, and see if she is interested in wearing our crown, fresh from the jewelers and polished till it shines!

So, all for now,again,congratz Cindy, I love the name too!!

I would love some squares made from baby yarn.

Any colors/sizes in particular? I have a ridiculous amount of baby yarn here, once I finish up my current project I can try to get a few out to you :)

Here is the tote I gave my friend today....she always has a boston terrier......gets a new puppy when one passes.

I've had 3 Bostons, and have two currently! They're the best! I think mine plotted against me while I was doing a 5K run/walk this morning, because they were wild when I got home! I can barely put on socks and shoes without them thinking they're coming along!

She's here! Lucille Hollyann (yes, we changed the name) arrived at 1:56 pm on May 16 at 7 lbs 4 oz (ultrasound was way off!) and 21 inches after one CRAZY birth experience! I went from 5 cm to crowning during the placement of my epidural so Miss Lucy ended up being delivered by the nurse with a horrified anesthesiologist in the room who made a very hasty retreat. Every nurse in the OB wing came running to assist and my OB didn't make it for another 5 minutes (his office is in a building attached to the hospital). It was so crazy! Well, we are both doing well. Lucy is finally starting to nurse. My oldest is smitten and my middle daughter is a little nervous and I think jealous (understandable; she's 3). Mommy and Daddy are tired.

I'll post pics once I find my data transfer cable so I can download the pics to my computer.

And I got my squares. YAY!!! Thank you!

Congratulations Cindy!

Quiet day here. I went to church this morning, came home and did some more sewing. Just stopped to eat and now I think I'll do a little crocheting. Have a nice evening.

would love 6 inches and colors any baby yarn you have. if i get enough of one color or a multicolor one would be lovely. so just whatever you have on hand would be great. thank you

Good morning!

Today is Monday and i will will be treated like a Queen. Need to figure out what I will do all day. I think i might play in my yarn and also fabric. want to make a few bags and line them. So we will see..

Hope all are well and have a great Monday!!

Good Morning All! Well, I did have a huge amount of responses to all of you since I haven't been here in a few days, but the computer won't let me answer all of them, stupid multi quote thing. So I'll go to the most memorable (in my brain anyway, lol)

Congrats Cindy!!!!!  Woot! She's here!  Welcome to the world little Miss Lucy!  You came in to it in a big way, are you going to keep mama on her toes? LOL!

Kuddles, wonderful tote and gift package!  Oh, so glad you rec'd the square too!  Glad it will fit in with your others :)

Skoggy, good to hear from you.  My goodness the girls are getting big!  Hope things settle down for you soon.

Brenda,  keeping you and your dad in my prayers.  Please keep us updated... Thank you so very much for the lovey note cards!  I've already used one!

Nikki, those fires are awful.  Everyone involved is in my prayers.  Fire is one of my biggest nightmares...

Lacey, glad you got your son's meds figured out and he is gaining weight again!

Katie, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful square patterns!  I look forward to using them!

Ok, my brain is empty now, lol.  Sorry if I forgot anyone, it is not intentional.  I'll try to get back later today or tomorrow.  Hugs to all!

Thanks for the birthdy wishes. so far today well lets say nothing has gone the way i would like it.

my Harlie got in a small scuffle and got a hole tore in her neck and off to the vet we went. after an hour and half waiting for they were busy and under staff.. got it all cleaned and actually glued it. so its all better. shes on pain meds and an antiboctics.

then my little man hasnt been so happy. hes been crying on and off all day.

the girls were sweet and said they would celbrte my birthday again friday and Monday. Im so excited. i wont be babysitting those days.

I did receive a birthday card from bgs. Thank you so much for thinking of me.

Archived